Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you found any New Features?? (Summary in Post #1) 3G Garage #L-001

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 10:10 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Channel Changing Mode in XM on Navi Screen

Regarding changing the channels in XM, on Navi models you can choose to have the right knob either cycle within a category (rock, classical, etc.) or cover the range of all XM channels. This is done by pressing the mode "soft button" in the lower left corner of the navi touch screen.

This will toggle the function of the right (channel select) knob between "category" and "ch" on my 05. (Don't ask me why they abbreviated channel when it has fewer letters than category!) The indicator showing whether category range or all channel mode has been selected is toward the upper left corner of the touch screen.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:47 AM
Advanced

This is very exciting!!!! While admiring and considering my options for modifications I stumbled onto yet another amazing thing about the Acura TL. Aside from being an object of admiration and modifcation the TL can actually be used as a mode of transportation! That's right!!!! You can actually drive it places!!!! You get in and start the engine and, being very careful, can maneuver it along public roads!!!!!! I don't know if they intended this or not but I can tell you I was shocked! I kept thinking the whole time, "I hope I see someone I know" and "I can't wait to tell the guys on Acurazine!"
Old 07-28-2005, 12:31 PM
Advanced

I didnt see that it was mentioned and maybe your salesman told you but mine didn't and i just discovered something new.

The lever under the steering wheel that allows u to move the wheel up and down also allows you to move it in and out. Never had a telescopic steering wheel before...just made my driving alot more comfortable.
Old 07-30-2005, 05:24 PM
Advanced

Cool thread. I never noticed that the visor slid in and out.

Learn something every day.

Bump to ya.
Old 08-01-2005, 09:50 AM
Intermediate

Another Tip for Any 3GTL

The top of the cupholder cover on the centre console has a rubber backing and good for emptying pockets of change, cell phone and all sorts because the rubbers act as a grip.

Great Thread!
Old 09-07-2005, 12:14 AM
'04 6mt Pearl

Thumbs up Just noticed a new one - not mentioned here yet

To load multiple CDs at the same time, press and hold the LOAD button, it will beep then the green light comes on allowing you to insert all 6 disks, one after the other.

For unloading (this has been mentioned) press the EJECT button and hold until you hear the beep and all disks will eject, one after the other. This works without the the key in as well.
Old 09-07-2005, 07:23 AM
jfp
Intermediate

If your lights are on, press the lock button on your remote twice. The first press will lock the doors, the second will shut the lights.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:56 AM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by triggle
To load multiple CDs at the same time, press and hold the LOAD button, it will beep then the green light comes on allowing you to insert all 6 disks, one after the other.

For unloading (this has been mentioned) press the EJECT button and hold until you hear the beep and all disks will eject, one after the other. This works without the the key in as well.

This is good news. I spend more time than necessary unloading/loading new CDs. I get bored of my CDs really quickly and change them out at least once a week. I really liked the magazine style changers. Very easy to load/unload.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:28 PM
Intermediate

I breezed the thread and didn't see this one:

If you hit the steering wheel volume down button twice real fast, the volume level goes to zero.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:32 PM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you ask the navi more than 10 times what time it is within a few minutes, it finds and plots a route to the nearest psychiatrist.

If you ask the navi more than 10 times what the temperature is outside within a few minutes it plots a course to the nearest swimming pool / beach.

(just kidding. anyone play warcraft games? would be neat if navi got "annoyed" like the npcs
Old 09-20-2005, 08:46 AM
Racer

Lightbulb

I've been wanting a MUTE button...I'll try this. Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted by Grayscale

If you hit the steering wheel volume down button twice real fast, the volume level goes to zero.
Old 09-20-2005, 08:59 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,261 Likes on 2,632 Posts
Hey thanks, good feature to know about!

Old 09-20-2005, 07:44 PM
'04 6mt Pearl

Thumbs down Mute does not work on the 04

This does not work on an 04. Can anyone confirm it is working on the 05 ?

Old 09-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Racer

I tried it on my drive home today....did not work for my 05.

Old 09-20-2005, 07:59 PM
Intermediate

Hmm.. mine is an 04 non-navi and it works. Does it work for anyone else or is my car a fluke?
Old 09-20-2005, 08:05 PM
Intermediate

Alright, I'm on crack. It doesn't work. I'm not sure what I was doing?

Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up!! Let the flaming begin! Me ->
Old 09-20-2005, 08:46 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
You may have held the switch down the second time you pushed it without realizing it. When you hold the switch down, the volume lowers really fast, so maybe that's what happened and you thought it was automatic.
Old 09-20-2005, 10:47 PM
Cold Racketeer

Alright, I'm on crack. It doesn't work. I'm not sure what I was doing?

Sorry for getting everyone's hopes up!! Let the flaming begin! Me ->
Yep I tested it today and as soon as it didn't work I thought oh god, gray is going to get flamed out the ass.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Originally Posted by vtechbrain
There is a recess on the right hand side of the interior trunk lid so you can close the trunk without soiling your hands!!! (note: not the trunk opener in the middle, to the right side!)

These are supplied so you can close the trunk and not put your hands on the paint. The trunk lid is a dirty area and hands on dirt = marring and scratching.
Old 10-31-2005, 11:25 PM
My Daily Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok, dont know if this was posted or not...got through page 6 and didnt see it...

For BlueTooth, if you are on a call, and arrive at your destination, you can shut the car off and continue the conversation in the car. As soon as you are done, just hit the end button on the wheel, and get out.

I believe all the voice functions will still work with the car off assuming you are already on the phone, so you could probably transfer it if you wanted.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:54 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by johnny--2k
ok, dont know if this was posted or not...got through page 6 and didnt see it...

For BlueTooth, if you are on a call, and arrive at your destination, you can shut the car off and continue the conversation in the car. As soon as you are done, just hit the end button on the wheel, and get out.

I believe all the voice functions will still work with the car off assuming you are already on the phone, so you could probably transfer it if you wanted.
According to the manual, the power accessories, including BlueTooth, stay on for 30 minutes if they were active while the ignition was shut off.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GOOD ONE
Old 11-04-2005, 10:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jproy_RENAMED
someone needs to make a list of new features found on the first post in this forum. would be very helpful!!

Jim
Excellent idea. I just went through a lot of new tricks that I lost count. Great thread!
Old 02-20-2006, 09:18 PM
2006 Acura TL with nav

Originally Posted by Formula 350
NICE... I went through a drive thru last night and was trying to figure out how to mute the system. Had to turn the sound all the way down and then start a song over again. Now I know how to do it...
you could also just turn it off with the big knob on the left. when your done with the call hit the button again and the volume returns to previous level and cd/dvd starts where you left off
Old 02-21-2006, 11:19 AM
Red line...use it

Originally Posted by Danoli
you could also just turn it off with the big knob on the left. when your done with the call hit the button again and the volume returns to previous level and cd/dvd starts where you left off
I also noted something last night...when in a call, you can turn up the volume of the phone with the volumne knob(assuming you are using blue tooth phone). Then when the call ends it goes back to the level used for music. That way you can different levels for music and phone.
Old 02-21-2006, 12:00 PM
Intermediate

For the 06...on the TPMS section of the dash LCD if you hit the select button it will tell you the exact pressures (within 1 PSI) of every tire.

Also, this isn't really a secret, but it may be new for 06. When I put the car into reverse the passenger side mirror moves down to show me the curb, then moves back up when I take it out of reverse.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
Originally Posted by huberc
Also, this isn't really a secret, but it may be new for 06. When I put the car into reverse the passenger side mirror moves down to show me the curb, then moves back up when I take it out of reverse.
All 3G TL's do that. It depends on the mirror switch. If it's on the left mirror, the left mirror will move, if it's on the right mirror the right mirror will move, and if it's in the middle neither one moves.
Old 02-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Instructor

not really a feature, but some difference from 04 to 06. My bro has an 04 TL/navi/black, I just recently bought an 06TL/navi/white. We did a lil comparison, what we've found is: on the steering wheel, the emblem "A" is different, seat belt on an 06 TL is attachached to the passenger seat, leather seats-on an 04 TL there is 1 less thread line that goes horizontally, which after a while stretches the seat easily, where on an 06 TL it's less stretchable, also TPMS and Delete previous add option. That's all I've found
Old 02-22-2006, 09:21 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by tsx813
not really a feature, but some difference from 04 to 06. My bro has an 04 TL/navi/black, I just recently bought an 06TL/navi/white. We did a lil comparison, what we've found is: on the steering wheel, the emblem "A" is different, seat belt on an 06 TL is attachached to the passenger seat, leather seats-on an 04 TL there is 1 less thread line that goes horizontally, which after a while stretches the seat easily, where on an 06 TL it's less stretchable, also TPMS and Delete previous add option. That's all I've found

The floor layout/floormats might be different as well. I just ordered the rubber mats and theres a design change in 05/06 models from 04. I also hear the tires are different too.

FYI, I just went through all the different 'mute' options from clicking on the call button, clicking the voice command button, or double tapping the volume down button (didnt work for me). They didnt work to my satisfaction as they were all designed to mute the radio for other purposes which could interfere with things, like if I use them to 'mute' the radio to talk with my date and it calls my ex or sets the temperature to 10 degrees.

The best and easiest way to mute the radio is simply to turn it off. Tap the big volume dial on the left to mute/turn it off, and then again to unmute/turn it on.
Old 02-22-2006, 12:11 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by leedogg
The floor layout/floormats might be different as well. I just ordered the rubber mats and theres a design change in 05/06 models from 04. I also hear the tires are different too.

FYI, I just went through all the different 'mute' options from clicking on the call button, clicking the voice command button, or double tapping the volume down button (didnt work for me). They didnt work to my satisfaction as they were all designed to mute the radio for other purposes which could interfere with things, like if I use them to 'mute' the radio to talk with my date and it calls my ex or sets the temperature to 10 degrees.

The best and easiest way to mute the radio is simply to turn it off. Tap the big volume dial on the left to mute/turn it off, and then again to unmute/turn it on.
I just bought a 2006 TL last week and the dealer made a point of telling me the tires are now Michelin vs. Bridgestone
Old 02-22-2006, 12:35 PM
Mud Man

Im sure this has been discussed many times already, but for those that havent seen it... Leave your headlights on all the time, never switch to off. When you get out of your car with the lights still on, they will turn off when you press the lock button twice. For the first month I always had to turn off my lights unlike my auto lights in my last car. BEN
Old 02-22-2006, 12:59 PM
Doctor Sarcasm

Originally Posted by tktommy
I just bought a 2006 TL last week and the dealer made a point of telling me the tires are now Michelin vs. Bridgestone
My 05 had Michelins too
Old 07-28-2006, 07:34 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

For those with 6mt, it was mentioned before that the throttle-by-wire matches revs when upshifting. It also does so when downshifting, but you have to double-clutch; meaning push in the clutch, shift to neutral, blip the throttle, and the rpms hold for the next lower gear. There seems to be some weirdness to it, though, like it doesn't work for 2-1 or below 3000 rpm. Enjoy!!
Old 08-02-2006, 10:48 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
For DVD-A listners...

DVD-A disc's may contain sub groups or hidden groups. To change groups you need to push and hold Scan and RPT on your TL's audio Head system.

You can try this with the DVD-A Demo that came with your TL.
Old 08-02-2006, 10:49 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This is for Audio lovers.

You can create your own DVD-A (DVD-Audio) disc. It won't be 5.1 Surround but it will allow you to put the contents of 5 or 6 CD's onto on DVD Audio disc.

You will then be able to listen to as many as 32 CD's (6 CD's on 1 DVD-A) in your 6 CD changer.

Here is a link with all the information with many methods/alternatives to create your own. And get this... It will only cost you the cost of a DVD disc and some DVD burning software (which you might find for free).

Check this link...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118559
Old 08-21-2006, 02:31 PM
2nd Gear

mrtech, re cell charging cable

Originally Posted by mrtech
There is a "cut" on the upper tray's rear corner of the center console. This will allow you to run the charging cable from the power outlet and keep you cellphone on the upper tray as oppose to the lower bin. There is no slot to run the cable all the way out and keep the console cover closed. Some other cars I have seen allows you to run the cable out of the center console while keeping it shut.
I use the cut that mrtech mentioned to run my charging cable into the upper tray. But, I have also found that I can run my cable out of the upper tray by just laying it on the driver's side of the latches. I can get the upper tray to close and latch with the cable sticking out. Not sure if this was intended, but it works for me. I do agree that there is no REAl place for the cable to run out of the upper tray.

Hope this helps.

Nice thread!!! Really helpful.
Old 08-24-2006, 10:00 AM
Mud Man

Here is one that I found the other day. Its probably a common one if you would just read the frikin manual but I hate reading so it took me 6 months to find this navigation feature. When on the map, I accidently hit the nav screen with my finger and it went to another page that displayeyed my current lat and longitude and the elevation. I like knowing the elevation for some reason. Ok, sorry for the not so sneaky feature for thos ethat read the manual, but for those like me, give it a try. BEN
Old 08-24-2006, 10:08 AM
Mud Man

Originally Posted by tsx813
My car is an 06 according to all my paper work and what the dealer told me but my seat belts are not attached to the seat, whats the deal? BEN
Old 08-24-2006, 10:21 AM
The Boss

Originally Posted by Neumahn
This is very exciting!!!! While admiring and considering my options for modifications I stumbled onto yet another amazing thing about the Acura TL. Aside from being an object of admiration and modifcation the TL can actually be used as a mode of transportation! That's right!!!! You can actually drive it places!!!! You get in and start the engine and, being very careful, can maneuver it along public roads!!!!!! I don't know if they intended this or not but I can tell you I was shocked! I kept thinking the whole time, "I hope I see someone I know" and "I can't wait to tell the guys on Acurazine!"
what are you a moron? Your joke is lame
Old 10-28-2006, 11:05 AM
Go Black & Gold!

I'm bumping this back up because it's been an extremely helpful thread.

I bought my car used, and the previous owner must have kept the maual for whatever reason... So this has been great.

Quick Reply: Have you found any New Features?? (Summary in Post #1) 3G Garage #L-001