Sponsored by:

Have you found any New Features?? (Summary in Post #1) 3G Garage #L-001

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 11:41 PM
Lazy Idiot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blue.fired
Look!!!
Very important, in the Key Fob for TL. Press Unlock once and Press and hold it a second time, the windows and the sunroof RETRACT .Be careful to use it accurately though, they will not close back up again unless you go into the cat and put the key on the ignition.

Hope this helps
This also works for a TSX
Old 05-16-2008, 05:43 AM
Slow Paper> No Paper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blue.fired
Look!!!
Very important, in the Key Fob for TL. Press Unlock once and Press and hold it a second time, the windows and the sunroof RETRACT .Be careful to use it accurately though, they will not close back up again unless you go into the cat and put the key in the ignition.

Hope this helps

Really not just for you but PLEASE READ THE WHOLE THREAD THIS IS NOT A NEW COMMENT HAS BEEN PUT ON HERE AT LEAST 8 TIMES. IF YOU FILL THAT YOU HAVE FOUND SOMETHING NEW READ THRU THE THREAD TO BE SURE YOU HAVE SOMETHING THAT HS NOT BEEN POSTED THANKS. Really getting tired of reading the same things over and over again.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:44 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Black0ut
u serious? if you're talking about the rubber in the cup holders then it's for accommodating different size cups. without that, smaller cups would shift around in the cup holders while driving.
Of course I know what those little rubber tabs are...I'm talking about circular, stretchy webbings, sitting loose in the cup holders (in an '07). They might stretch tightly around a cup, but cannot figure out why or why you'd bother.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:55 PM
I caught the mod flu

I just found out on my 08 type s, that if you hold down the unlock button on the switch blade key, all the windows go down, including the moonroof.

Not sure if that was posted before, but I dont have time to go thru the intire thread...
Old 05-20-2008, 09:44 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
^^

Old news.

Guess you didn't have time to go back 1 page and read the summary either?

Originally Posted by playa4real
So i'm pretty sure that no one wants to go through the 338 posts above to find some of the "new" features as well as read through some BS, so I decided to make a comprehensive list. (Definitely, not something I would do again ) Obviously credit goes to the users that mentioned them in the X post above. I tried to include the most helpful stuff, if something is not included, feel free to add it to the list. Mods, perhaps you can sticky this post? Anyways, hopefully many of you find this helpful!!

-------------
1. The coin holder can be moved. It is held in place by two stubs in the back of it which fit into two notches cut into the center console. Therefore it can also be mounted inside either map pocket of the front doors by the same type of notch cutouts. The little high friction area at the front of the map pockets is also great for holding small amounts of loose change.

2. The visors can be extended inwards (toward the rearview mirror) to block sunlight.

3. For the MT owners, it appears that the computer does RPM matching for upshifts. To test it try this. In second gear wind the car to say, 4000 RPM, engage the clutch, RPMS should drop and stabilize for a second at about 3000 RPMs disengage the clutch and that RPM is perfectly matched to road speed. I noticed this yesterday on mine and it seems to work every time as long as the RPMs are high enough (3500+).

4. When a CD or DVD-A is playing, hit the number of the disc (1-6) to pause the disc playing. Pressing the button again with resume play. If the button is held down the disc will be stopped and start from the beginning upon initiation.

5. The front seat head rests pivot forward and backward as well as move up and down.

6. If you are keeping a tool kit, or something else in the trunk all the time, use the plastic portion (not fabric) of the Velcro and stick it to the bottom of object (start with small amount and build up as it works well), it sticks VERY well to the carpet, and will NOT move!

7. If you give the NAVI the command "Display Current Location", not only will it display the address, town, state, altitude, longitude, and latitude, but it actually reads to you the address, town and state. Note, if you just push the white circle, you get the same screen, but no voice.

8. Push the MAX button on the dash to get maximum brightness of the gauges. Press again to return to the previous settings.

9. If the mirror adjustment switch is to the right, then the passenger mirror will flip down when you put the car in reverse. If the mirror adjustment switch is to the left, then the driver mirror will flip down when you put the car in reverse. If the mirror adjustment switch is in the middle, then nothing happens to the mirrors when you put it in reverse. However, if you drive over 5 MPH in reverse, the mirrors returns to the normal position. When you drop back under 5 MPH the mirror tilts down again.

10. To open all the windows including the moonroof, put the key in the driver’s side lock, turn it clockwise once and then do it again and hold. Or from the key FOB, press unlock once and then press it a second time and hold. To close all of the windows/sunroof, put the key in the driver’s side lock and turn counterclockwise once, and then a second time and hold. The windows/moonroof cannot be closed from the key FOB.

11. There is a "cut" on the upper tray's rear corner of the center console. This will allow you to run the charging cable from the power outlet and keep you cell phone on the upper tray as oppose to the lower bin. There is no slot to run the cable all the way out and keep the console cover closed But, I have also found that I can run my cable out of the upper tray by just laying it on the driver's side of the latches. I can get the upper tray to close and latch with the cable sticking out. Not sure if this was intended, but it works for me. I do agree that there is no real place for the cable to run out of the upper tray.

12. There is a recess on the right hand side on the interior of the trunk lid so you can close the trunk without soiling your hands.

13. If you are on a certain screen on the NAV...For example--"Setup" and you press the AUDIO button, you will get the AUDIO stuff. However, by pressing AUDIO again, you return to the previous screen.

14. In the cold the heater doesn't start blowing air until the air warms up. This is when the system is set to Auto and There is a temp displayed (not HI).

15. Cargo Net Tip:
I have the trunk tray and have not wanted to pierce said liner yet... So for now, I am using the larger net assy only. Inside the trunk, there are to 2 mounting knobs on the upper trunk area and 1 on each side of the car that are aligned with the top ones. I installed it in such a manner, that it looks like it splits the forward and back areas of the trunk--hanging in the air like a hammock.

16. The trunk lock button in the glove compartment that will deactivate the interior trunk release button, but will allow the trunk to be opened via key FOB

17. If the moonroof is opened all the way and you want to switch to just the tilt feature, press the tilt button once. The moonroof will close and then tilt up. There is no need to close it all the way and then press the tilt-up button. Essentially the process saves you one step.

18. When wipers are on intermittent, and you stop the car, the speed of the wipers goes down to the lowest setting for intermittent. When you speed up to 10 mph, the setting resets. You will notice this when the intermittent speed is on the highest setting and then pauses when you are stopped.

19. On the NAVI you can choose to "show routes" and it will go through all five methods and display them in different colors. Often, it comes down to 1 or two distinct routes, as the different options don't always produce different answers. Note: whichever choice you make will be your default routing for all later routes until you change this.

20. The center arm rest slides forward and backward for your comfort. The only down side when slid forward is you lose the second cup holder and you will have a harder time opening the compartments.

21. When you get out of your car with the headlights on (not AUTO), hit the lock button on the fob twice and first the car will lock then the lights will go out. Whenever you unlock the vehicle, the headlights will turn on.

22. Press the SCAN button momentarily while a CD is playing and it will play the first 10 sec. of each track. If you press and hold the SCAN button for 10 sec., the player will play the first 10 sec of the first track on each CD.

23. To load multiple CDs at the same time, press and hold the LOAD button, it will beep then the green light comes on allowing you to insert all 6 disks, one after the other. For ejecting the discs, press the EJECT button and hold until you hear the beep and all disks will eject, one after the other. This works without the key in as well.

24. For Bluetooth, if you are on a call, and arrive at your destination, you can shut the car off and continue the conversation in the car. As soon as you are done, just hit the end button on the wheel, and get out. I believe all the voice functions will still work with the car off assuming you are already on the phone, so you could probably transfer it if you wanted.

25. DVD-A disc's may contain sub groups or hidden groups. To change groups you need to push and hold Scan and RPT on your TL's audio Head system.

26. Press and hold RPT while a disc is playing and it will repeat the entire disc.

27. When in Sport Shift mode, you can do a 2nd gear start.

Say you're in Sport Shift (out of habit maybe) and in the Mall Parking Lot. At a full stop, click into 2nd gear. The car will NOT automatically downshift to 1st gear the next time you stop. It will stay in 2nd until you use the SS to either up or down shift. Better than running around the parking lot in 1st and 3000 rpm. Also nice around the neighborhood, dropping the kids at school, etc.

28. When viewing large lists of items on the NAV screen, you can use the Zoom-Out button to page-down the list and the Zoom-In button to page-up the list.

29. On some telephones, pressing the SPEAKER button on the phone will transfer the call to the car's Bluetooth connection. Press SPEAKER again, the call transfers back to the phone. Useful when you dial a contact from the phone, but want to use the hands-free. Using the phone, just dial the number, wait until it starts ringing, then press SPEAKER and the call will transfer.

30. When displaying your map screen, press the compass icon at the top left of the screen. The map reverts to a north-oriented display. Press it again and it toggles back to the default display setting.

-------------

Post 43 and Post 123 have information on messing around with the NAVI diagnostics. Please note that you may cause more harm than good and any changes may void the car warranty.

..and now my eyes and head are going to
The following users liked this post:
LoveMyTL-S (02-11-2020)
Old 05-21-2008, 02:57 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
lol, the key p/w thing seems to be a novelty to most, it's something a lot of luxury cars have had for awhile now. I read that about 100 times now not to mention it is in the owner's manual.

Guys, post stuff that's NOT in the owner's manual of on this list so far!!
Old 06-12-2008, 06:23 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by rockyfeller
lol, the key p/w thing seems to be a novelty to most, it's something a lot of luxury cars have had for awhile now. I read that about 100 times now not to mention it is in the owner's manual.

Guys, post stuff that's NOT in the owner's manual of on this list so far!!
You guys are harsh! How long does it really take to scroll through all the posts?? I would rather read through the posts and see the same thing 100 times, than read all the critism from other users! I think the critism is a waste of space.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:32 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by siddysue
You guys are harsh! How long does it really take to scroll through all the posts?? I would rather read through the posts and see the same thing 100 times, than read all the critism from other users! I think the critism is a waste of space.
well. If he had simply looked at the last couple posts (2, 3 posts above his) he would have seen somebody reposting the same thing there.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just found out that when you floor the accelerator, the car moves really fast. I wish I knew that earlier!
Old 06-12-2008, 07:24 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Babnik
I just found out that when you floor the accelerator, the car moves really fast. I wish I knew that earlier!

yeah ive heard that..ill try it out tomorrow when i go to work . if it works ill add it to my list above!!
Old 06-12-2008, 08:57 PM
99 Acura TL

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
10. To open all the windows including the moonroof, put the key in the driver’s side lock, turn it clockwise once and then do it again and hold. Or from the key FOB, press unlock once and then press it a second time and hold. To close all of the windows/sunroof, put the key in the driver’s side lock and turn counterclockwise once, and then a second time and hold. The windows/moonroof cannot be closed from the key FOB.

This does not work on a 99 TL correct?
Old 06-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Instructor

hey im pretty sure this has never been posted before, but if you press the unlock button and then press it again...zomg the most amazing thing happens...the windows roll down...BY THEMSELVES...i thought id let you know
Old 06-14-2008, 11:18 PM
99 Acura TL

Originally Posted by nollid
This does not work on a 99 TL correct?

Bump
Old 06-14-2008, 11:23 PM
steeez

yeah i dont think it works for 99
Old 06-15-2008, 02:43 AM
Racer

wow reading the summary brings me back to when this was first started...

If it is raining cats and dogs, and the high speed wiper setting isn't cutting it, if you move the wiper lever on the steering column up and hold it, it will wipe faster then the high settings.

It isn't very practical for long periods as it is just meant to do a quick one time wipe, but if buckets of water are pouring at you sometimes that little extra speed makes a difference.

Another thing that i never noticed until my 04 was totaled and I had to get into the trunk, is there is an emergency trunk release lever right next to the rear trunk passthrough from the back seats. I knew of the one near the rear of the car, but never the one at the back of the trunk (towards the front of the car)
Old 06-15-2008, 03:36 AM
steeez

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...4&page=9&pp=40

whats the diff between this thread n that one? how com ethere are two
Old 06-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
i don't know if this is a re-post. when you turn on the AC the center console also cool down so when you go in a long trip you could put your sodas and they will stay cool.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:47 PM
#ForcedInductionFamily

I was washing my car today and went into the cabin to hit all the seats and leather bits with leather conditioner. I was wiping the arm rest and accidentally pulled the leather part forward toward the gear shifter. It looks like it was meant to extend forward like that to give you more comfort, I never knew it!
Old 08-02-2008, 06:35 PM
The Kinetics of Bleu

1) If you run out of windshield washer fluid there is a bottle under the hood that you can refill and it will work again!
2) If you get a flat tire they put an extra one under the carpet in the trunk that you can put on in place of the flat one.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:06 PM
TL-S izdashiznittt in

Not sure if this a repost but just in case its not, its a usefull feature. I have a 07 TLS. For the side mirrors there is a L / R clikr on the left side of the steering wheel that controls the mirrors up/down/left/right. When you put your car into reverse, depending on which one notch its on( left or right). Whichever one its on will tilt down, so you have a easier time reversing. (so you dont scrape your rims on the sidewalk) If its in the middle then nothing will happen obviously. I love this feature, which i accidently found.
Old 08-02-2008, 07:56 PM
Sǝxy Timǝ in my

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by TLAdvanced
1) If you run out of windshield washer fluid there is a bottle under the hood that you can refill and it will work again!
2) If you get a flat tire they put an extra one under the carpet in the trunk that you can put on in place of the flat one.

Man...they have a bottle under the hood for refill? I thought when its runs-out you have buy whole new one...lol

lol @ TLAdvanced...that was a good one...
Old 08-02-2008, 10:34 PM
Advanced

wow this thread is really nice I learned a couple of new features. Great Idea!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 01:40 AM
Area on my XM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
x2 Many excellent tips in one location.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:19 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Did you all know the keyfob can roll down all the windows?

Seriously though, I didn't see this one, but you can also roll up all the windows (and sunroof) by sticking your key in the lock and holding it to the lock position. Holding it in the unlock position will also roll down all windows.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:05 AM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
Just get the window roll up mod and you can roll up all windows and close sunroof woth keyfob too
Old 12-23-2008, 09:16 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
^^

Old news.

Guess you didn't have time to go back 1 page and read the summary either?

I gotta try the RPM match for upshifts! I never payed attention and now I'm just waiting for a break at work to go out and mess around with everything I've learned here Awesome thread! Good job with the summary Jim!
Old 12-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Unregistered User

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by muranojo
Of course I know what those little rubber tabs are...I'm talking about circular, stretchy webbings, sitting loose in the cup holders (in an '07). They might stretch tightly around a cup, but cannot figure out why or why you'd bother.
Yea... what are those webbings anyway? I got two of those. Anyone know?
Old 12-23-2008, 02:08 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Originally Posted by 05TL*6-SPEED*
.... Good job with the summary Jim!

Wasn't me bro.

playa4real deserves the credit for taking time to make a post summarizing the thread.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:55 AM
Racer

I was cleaning under the spare tire the other day and found the Acura emergency jumper cables. If your battery dies you can plug them into the cigarette lighter and jump the battery.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:03 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 1075
I was cleaning under the spare tire the other day and found the Acura emergency jumper cables. If your battery dies you can plug them into the cigarette lighter and jump the battery.

No way! Im running outside to check right now.
Old 12-24-2008, 04:04 PM
Area on my XM

I don't have any. I already had to use the spare tire, and I wasn't able to find any. Nice find!
Old 12-24-2008, 06:14 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Wasn't me bro.

playa4real deserves the credit for taking time to make a post summarizing the thread.
thanks bearcat!

Originally Posted by ==Catfish==
No way! Im running outside to check right now.
Originally Posted by Red Voodoo
I don't have any. I already had to use the spare tire, and I wasn't able to find any. Nice find!
im not sure if you guys are serious or not, but just in case..when somebody types it in red its usually meant as sarcasm. our TLs don't come with jumper cables in the trunk from the factory. oh and jumping your own battery from the cigarette lighter?? come on
The following users liked this post:
beege (06-10-2013)
Old 12-24-2008, 06:38 PM
Area on my XM

Originally Posted by playa4real
oh and jumping your own battery from the cigarette lighter?? come on
I was thinking of something kewl like this...

http://www.vat19.com/dvds/auto-jumpe...out-cables.cfm
Old 01-08-2009, 10:21 PM
Drifting

Received 221 Likes on 181 Posts
Thumbs up Power Window Illumination

Originally Posted by RavenHwk
Found one.

I noticed tonight when the button on the drivers side door that turns on/off the passengers ability to operate the windows is pressed while the lights of the car are turned on ....

Then the car turns off the lights illumininating the window switches on all of the doors, including the drivers side! When you enable (press down) the button again, it turns the lights back on for each passenger window control!

Very neat IMHO.
I just discovered this tonight and did a search and found this posting over 5 years ago. I did notice the newer models work a little different so the driver's switch is always illuminated, but the other door switch's illuminate only when the window lock is deactivated. I noticed this today when the front passenger light was not lit up, but the driver's side was. A very cool feature, but one that I wouldn't use very much. I noticed our 05 Honda Pilot doesn't have the feature and that vehicle is the one I usually lock the windows on.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:24 AM
Intermediate

Hopefully this hasn't been mentioned but AM/FM presets can be customized for Driver 1 and Driver 2.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
cool beans
Old 04-13-2009, 06:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 49 Posts
i dunno if this has been posted before but i noticed that if you want your side mirrors to tilt down so you can see the ground when you reverse you have to move the little side mirror switch thing to L or R. If you switch it to L and hit reverse then your drivers side mirror will tilt down to the R your passenger side. If you leave it in the middle (off) none will move. Took me a while to figure this out, i thought the motor in my mirrors were going out because sometimes it would work and sometimes it wouldnt. I'd always forget that i touched the switch.
Old 05-25-2009, 03:26 AM
10th Gear

bumped for a great unsticked/stuck thread.

btw if you hold down unlock on the key fob.....
Old 05-31-2009, 11:08 AM
Off roading in his

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
I didnt see this posted before, but I just uncover a feature. I was listening to Disc 2 (its an mp3) when I pushed the # "2" button below the cassette deck the song paused!!!! Pushed it again and the song played from the same spot
All this time I thought there was no pause and paused the stereo by turning off the power via the left knob, but there is a pause!
Old 05-31-2009, 11:16 AM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
^ First page... Post #10

Quick Reply: Have you found any New Features?? (Summary in Post #1) 3G Garage #L-001