3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had to teach a Maxima a Lesson this Morning!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Had to teach a Maxima a Lesson this Morning!!

Good morning all. I have to vent.

My commute is mostly highway. This morning I was driving in, hit the highway, get in the middle lane and put the cruise on 80. I always get in the middle lane to allow people to pass me on the left. After about a mile there comes this woman ( Idiot Bitch ) in a Nissan Maxima that I had passed earlier while she was merging, up in the right lane. I estimate she was doing around 90.

Enter in a Ford Explorer that merges on to the hwy in, you guessed it, the right lane. This woman, who had plenty of time to switch lanes and go around me on the left, decides to nearly rear end the Explorer, and cut me off. You might have been able to fit a football between our bumpers.

Needless to say, I was fuming. Laid on the horn and gave her the one finger salute. However, I feared that she may not have seen my display of anger, so I wanted to make sure she knew how I felt, up close and personal. Try as she might, she could not shake me, as I stayed glued to her bumper, and eventually got around her so that I could look her in the eyes as I told her to f**k off.

Blew by her and then she tried to keep up with me, but my ’06 TL would have none of that. I lightly pressed on the gas, and the next thing I knew, I was doing 110. I swear it felt like it was doing 70. Wow!

In no way do I condone this type of driving, and I NEVER would have done this if my son had been in the car with me. What pissed me off the most was the fact that this inbred, mouth breathing, assclown had more than enough time to properly pass me on the left and chose to cut me off instead.

Thanks for letting me vent. Really enjoy this site. Take care.

JB
Old 12-09-2009, 07:44 AM
TL = True Love

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyB

My commute is mostly highway. This morning I was driving in, hit the highway, get in the middle lane and put the cruise on 80. I always get in the middle lane to allow people to pass me on the left. After about a mile there comes this woman ( Idiot Bitch ) in a Nissan Maxima that I had passed earlier while she was merging, up in the right lane. I estimate she was doing around 90.

Enter in a Ford Explorer that merges on to the hwy in, you guessed it, the right lane. This woman, who had plenty of time to switch lanes and go around me on the left, decides to nearly rear end the Explorer, and cut me off. You might have been able to fit a football between our bumpers.

Needless to say, I was fuming. Laid on the horn and gave her the one finger salute. However, I feared that she may not have seen my display of anger, so I wanted to make sure she knew how I felt, up close and personal. Try as she might, she could not shake me, as I stayed glued to her bumper, and eventually got around her so that I could look her in the eyes as I told her to f**k off.

Blew by her and then she tried to keep up with me, but my ’06 TL would have none of that. I lightly pressed on the gas, and the next thing I knew, I was doing 110. I swear it felt like it was doing 70. Wow!

In no way do I condone this type of driving, and I NEVER would have done this if my son had been in the car with me. What pissed me off the most was the fact that this inbred, mouth breathing, assclown had more than enough time to properly pass me on the left and chose to cut me off instead.

JB
good story. some people think that TLs are slow for some reason, i don't know why. Trust me i would have done the same thing,
Old 12-09-2009, 07:44 AM
Safety Car

Received 148 Likes on 99 Posts
Depending on the year Maxima, but any Maxima after 2002 would eat a TL's lunch. Sorry to say. She wasn't pushing her car that hard. I have owned 4 Maximas in my life and many other Nissans. So I have owned both cars. The TL is a 15 sec car, maybe a high 14 sec car with good drivers, the Maxima are mid to low 14s.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Wow! Sorry such a thing happened and at such high speeds. Of course I also hate it when I get cut off. It's just sooooooo unsafe. I would have layed on the horn when the cutoff took place and flashed my lights. And then at that point avoid the other driver as all cost and I don't like being around dangerous drivers. You took a risk going after her. Glad everyone is okay and you made it to work.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:56 AM
Quarterlife Crisis....

Received 108 Likes on 84 Posts
Man thats crazy. Glad you made sure she saw how you felt.

I dont get why people dont understand the concept of merging, switching lanes and passing correctly?

idiots.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:01 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
Wow! Sorry such a thing happened and at such high speeds. Of course I also hate it when I get cut off. It's just sooooooo unsafe. I would have layed on the horn when the cutoff took place and flashed my lights. And then at that point avoid the other driver as all cost and I don't like being around dangerous drivers. You took a risk going after her. Glad everyone is okay and you made it to work.
You are correct. I normally do that, but for some reason this just really set me off today. Have to drink decaf this morning to calm down.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:01 AM
J36Twingt28r's,nextgt30r

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by pimpin-tl
Depending on the year Maxima, but any Maxima after 2002 would eat a TL's lunch. Sorry to say. She wasn't pushing her car that hard. I have owned 4 Maximas in my life and many other Nissans. So I have owned both cars. The TL is a 15 sec car, maybe a high 14 sec car with good drivers, the Maxima are mid to low 14s.
i don't know about that, the 6 speed tl is completely different monster compared to the 5 AT. so i think it would have been a close race but the tl would still win.. good story btw. loving the kill!! haha

Last edited by tenzingsherpa; 12-09-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:04 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by gr8ness97
Man thats crazy. Glad you made sure she saw how you felt.

I dont get why people dont understand the concept of merging, switching lanes and passing correctly?

idiots.
Amen. All I want for Christmas is for people to learn how to properly change lanes.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:43 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
she..... is a woman.......and you know what they say about woman drivers, especially those in their 30s - 50s....
Old 12-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
who cares dude...the OP is letting off some steam, not racing someone

btw you are wrong in your assumption
Old 12-09-2009, 08:55 AM
6-SPEED LOVER

Received 122 Likes on 90 Posts
i would of speeded up, cut her off, then hit her wit my reverse HID and blind the bitch
Old 12-09-2009, 09:12 AM
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I love a good road rage story... that story make me want to invent the RPG headlight/taillight mod. Or the BONDO bumper car...
Old 12-09-2009, 09:13 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's about the same way people drive down here in Miami on the Freaken Street!!! I swear to god stupid people should not be allowed to drive.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:22 AM
Racer

Road rage?
Thats awesome tho! Sounds like fun

Sorry to hijack but...
Funny thing...last night i "raced" an altima 2.5s on I35 in denton. I was going 80 and the little four banger started to try to speed up from 65 to catch me. he comes up next to me and at about 2 carlengths ahead of me, floors it. so i switch over into auto/manual mode lol and gun it. once i hit 125, he was a spec in my rear view mirror
Old 12-09-2009, 09:23 AM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

JB
i know that feeling dude i do it all the time cuz it has so many idiots in nyc like dat...just teach em a lesson
Old 12-09-2009, 09:26 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by BigJack75
That's about the same way people drive down here in Miami on the Freaken Street!!! I swear to god stupid people should not be allowed to drive.
The drivers here in NC are some of the worst I have ever seen, in some of the easiest driving conditions. It's not like I live in a huge city. It's about to the point where I have to put a foam middle finger in the windows so I can keep both hands on the wheel.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:33 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
The drivers here in NC are some of the worst I have ever seen, in some of the easiest driving conditions. It's not like I live in a huge city. It's about to the point where I have to put a foam middle finger in the windows so I can keep both hands on the wheel.
Have you ever been to Miami?
Old 12-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by alexSU
who cares dude...the OP is letting off some steam, not racing someone

btw you are wrong in your assumption
Wrong? Prove me wrong then sir.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:05 AM
Racer

JB
Not to try to be "holier than thou" here, but I have personally seen more than my fair share of crashes caused by stupid driving in 35 years of working for the fire department so I have to inject a dose of reality. No problem with the horn and finger, but as far as the rest goes, stupid driving is stupid driving.

What if she would have decided to "teach you a lesson" about tailgating by brake checking you? You say you wouldn't have done this with your son in the car. How many innocent people on that road with their kids in the car did you endanger? How many kids parents did you endanger?

So you were pissed, I get it. I would have been pissed too. I get that she was a "inbred, mouth breathing, assclown " (she WAS driving an Explorer after all), but you didn't "teach" anybody anything. You compounded the risk. This is road rage plain and simple.

Last edited by 1075; 12-09-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Racer

hmmm...... the only nissans I like are GTR's...... it's weird.... I hate it when ugly cars cut me off..... but if it's like another TL, or BMW, or AUDI.... real nice looking.... I don't really mind that much.... cuz then i get to race them.....
Old 12-09-2009, 10:10 AM
2011 ZCP E92 M3!!

Originally Posted by Mr.President
hmmm...... the only nissans I like are GTR's...... it's weird.... I hate it when ugly cars cut me off..... but if it's like another TL, or BMW, or AUDI.... real nice looking.... I don't really mind that much.... cuz then i get to race them.....
i got the same way of think too i bee see these little ass honda civics tryna cut me off and i just blow pass them
Old 12-09-2009, 10:36 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Originally Posted by Caiman
Road rage?
Thats awesome tho! Sounds like fun

Sorry to hijack but...
Funny thing...last night i "raced" an altima 2.5s on I35 in denton. I was going 80 and the little four banger started to try to speed up from 65 to catch me. he comes up next to me and at about 2 carlengths ahead of me, floors it. so i switch over into auto/manual mode lol and gun it. once i hit 125, he was a spec in my rear view mirror
Originally Posted by 1075
Not to try to be "holier than thou" here, but I have personally seen more than my fair share of crashes caused by stupid driving in 35 years of working for the fire department so I have to inject a dose of reality. No problem with the horn and finger, but as far as the rest goes, stupid driving is stupid driving.

What if she would have decided to "teach you a lesson" about tailgating by brake checking you? You say you wouldn't have done this with your son in the car. How many innocent people on that road with their kids in the car did you endanger? How many kids parents did you endanger?

So you were pissed, I get it. I would have been pissed too. I get that she was a "inbred, mouth breathing, assclown " (she WAS driving an Explorer after all), but you didn't "teach" anybody anything. You compounded the risk. This is road rage plain and simple.
True for most part. Every risk has its consequence. But dumb drivers do road rage, smart drivers fuck with them without harming anyone by not cutting 1000 lanes. I do it all the time and not 1 person notices but the car I'm trying to piss off
Old 12-09-2009, 10:38 AM
Cruisin'

Fair points. You are correct. This was road rage. I am not perfect, never have been, never will be. Neither are you.

In this case, I guess my emotions got the better of me b/c this person did not even try to do the right thing, and pass on the left. If she had simply raised her hand to signal "my bad, I made a mistake" after she cut me off, then it would have ended with the horn and finger.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:40 AM
LUV MY 2007 CBP TLS

Actually she was driving a maxima and the TL killed it ,so TLs are faster than the maxima Refering to the proof from pimpin tl
Old 12-09-2009, 10:43 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by TonemanTLS
Actually she was driving a maxima and the TL killed it ,so TLs are faster than the maxima
In that case yes, but all other cases the Maxima will kill a TL. This has been discussed before many times.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:44 AM
LIST/RAMEN/WING MAHSTA 짱

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Some drivers...:shakehead
Old 12-09-2009, 10:51 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
everyone has road rage,
glad everything is okay.

next time, just do what I do..
just cut them off and turn on your windshield wiper squirters..
it get all on their windshield and they have to use their wipers.

thats just my .02
Old 12-09-2009, 10:57 AM
LUV MY 2007 CBP TLS

In that case yes, but all other cases the Maxima will kill a TL. This has been discussed before many times.
Even the type-s?
Old 12-09-2009, 11:41 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ABP_04TL
i would of speeded up, cut her off, then hit her wit my reverse HID and blind the bitch
Or you could just wait until everyone else clears out and drop the "tombstone" when she's behind you.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts

By far, the smartest post in this thread. Thank you for taking the time to write this all out as I was too lazy to do so.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
people who cut you off dont give a rats azz about your reaction - they are in their own world -on the phone for sure and an untrained driver
Of course I think anyone without Track Days at local race courses are totally untrained drivers- even those who think they can drive because the computer game....
A 12 year old can push the gas~

A suggestion for similar situation: rather than go after them with HATE/ANGER in mind, how about thanking yourself for being the far more alert and far more skilled driver-- that allowed you to see and avoid any crash

Try living in Ca, we get people ~from other countries~ with NO training- no license- no insurance and no clue as to merging or passing

Thank you Guardian Angels for once again being there to save your dumb azz--
be glad cops didnt see this or you would go in for reckless and threatening/road rage

A biker trick you could make on the TL,(kidding-dont do) some small metal washers/pennies on a release that fall onto the road- gets rid of cars trying to sneak up the right lane and cut between you and the semi you are passing,,or tailgaters back waaaaaaay off
Old 12-09-2009, 12:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Are you kidding me? what a rediculous statement- Nice Kill OP, and pimpin, you are just mad at yourself b/c your stuck with a Murano- FTL- Maxima this, maxima that Every run in I have had with them has placed me ahead Just let the OP vent

Last edited by jeowen; 12-09-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:16 PM
Instructor

yea pimpin ur on the wrong forum dude....TL WINS!
Old 12-09-2009, 12:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr.President

what audis and BMWs do you race, 200hp - 230hp ones? cuz those are the only ones you can actually race. All the other ones just destroy you and it's not really a race.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts

Well said, I couldn't agree more.

OP, glad you made it to work safely.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Instructor

You've never driven the 6mt TL have you, it does not have the "4th gear slump" that the automatics have, it just keeps on pullin and pullin... If it was an automatic maxi, which it probably was with the woman described as driving it, he most certainly did walk away from it
Old 12-09-2009, 12:34 PM
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
who cares

To difficult, to shake it off, and just say please go ahead,
I guess its much easier to act like a caged gorilla in a car,

JB
Old 12-09-2009, 12:39 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
people who cut you off dont give a rats azz about your reaction - they are in their own world -on the phone for sure and an untrained driver
Of course I think anyone without Track Days at local race courses are totally untrained drivers- even those who think they can drive because the computer game....
A 12 year old can push the gas~

A suggestion for similar situation: rather than go after them with HATE/ANGER in mind, how about thanking yourself for being the far more alert and far more skilled driver-- that allowed you to see and avoid any crash

Try living in Ca, we get people ~from other countries~ with NO training- no license- no insurance and no clue as to merging or passing

Thank you Guardian Angels for once again being there to save your dumb azz--
be glad cops didnt see this or you would go in for reckless and threatening/road rage

A biker trick you could make on the TL,(kidding-dont do) some small metal washers/pennies on a release that fall onto the road- gets rid of cars trying to sneak up the right lane and cut between you and the semi you are passing,,or tailgaters back waaaaaaay off

OP, you should vent on another forum to get some "cool story bro" accolades. You're immature & reckless, no better than that stupid bitch that cut you off. There are three types of drivers, the parent, the kid & the adult (nothing to do with age). The kid is inexperienced who lacks skills in driving, awareness & general safety. The Parent wants to be the governor who tries to dictate the rules of the road, this includes boxing in, cutting off or riding the tail of other drivers to show them that they're driving poorly / too fast / too slow, etc. The adult is aware that there are a million idiots on the road but somehow keeps their shit together to ensure they get to their destination safely without endangering the lives of others on the road. Please try to drive like an adult and respect the lives of the other people on the road.. there's no excuse for driving recklessly.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:44 PM
LUV MY 2007 CBP TLS

Guys even the 5AT when you put it manual mode you can blow away many maxima's i've done it too with my TLS
Old 12-09-2009, 12:56 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Majofo

OP, you should vent on another forum to get some "cool story bro" accolades. You're immature & reckless, no better than that stupid bitch that cut you off. There are three types of drivers, the parent, the kid & the adult (nothing to do with age). The kid is inexperienced who lacks skills in driving, awareness & general safety. The Parent wants to be the governor who tries to dictate the rules of the road, this includes boxing in, cutting off or riding the tail of other drivers to show them that they're driving poorly / too fast / too slow, etc. The adult is aware that there are a million idiots on the road but somehow keeps their shit together to ensure they get to their destination safely without endangering the lives of others on the road. Please try to drive like an adult and respect the lives of the other people on the road.. there's no excuse for driving recklessly.
For the record, I am not looking for accolades. I was simply blowing off steam after a crappy drive into work. Was what I did stupid? Damn sure was. Some of you act as if you have never made a mistake before. Give me a break.

Quick Reply: Had to teach a Maxima a Lesson this Morning!!