3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had to teach a Maxima a Lesson this Morning!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 09:37 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DJANZ07
You are dead wrong bra I have already wiped the floor with an 03 maxima stick and it had CAI, Headers etc..... Just a heavier car, and also a family car, it cannot be compared to a TL type S I'am sorry!! Maybe it would give the auto matic TL a good run though but not an 04 model BC they have 270hp!!
02/03 Maxima SE (5.5 gen) curb weight with leather and sunroof is around 3220, base GXE's can be as low as 3100.

07 TL (base model) curb weight is reported to be 3480.

The newer (6th/7th gen) maximas are a good deal heavier, but you said it was a 2003 and that it was heavier than your TL which is not quite accurate.

What's the quickest N/A TL right now?

Sorry for the highjack, OP, but this thread was highjacked about 2 pages ago anyway.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:46 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Why are you guys questioning pimpin's cred? He's been a respected member longer than most of you & post counts don't mean shit. I know 2 guys on this board who have less than 200 posts but they can build an engine blindfolded who always give excellent advice. The 3G section is going to shit fast.

As far as the fastest NA 3G TL there's a whole thread with 1/4 slips.. There are members here who have weight reduction, etc.. but if we're talking stock with minimal mods I think cbr169 has the fastest to date. His personal best is 13.39@103mph and even ran 12.60@112mph w/ 65shot.. Here's his 12.8 running wet. He has a CAI, precat deletes, single exit exhaust and the ultimate, R1 BFG's @ 19 psi.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9cQy_ZwrcU

I think on stockies the 3G runs around high 14's. Bad launch you're in the 15's easy. It really depends on the driver, tires, prep & launch.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:53 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Majofo
As far as the fastest NA 3G TL there's a whole thread with 1/4 slips.. There are members here who have weight reduction, etc.. but if we're talking stock with minimal mods I think cbr169 has the fastest to date. His personal best is 13.39@103mph and even ran 12.60@112mph w/ 65shot.. Here's his 12.8 running wet. He has a CAI, precat deletes, single exit exhaust and the ultimate, R1 BFG's @ 19 psi.
By fastest N/A TL, I mean just that... Everything goes, as long as it's Naturally Aspirated. That's not too bad, though!
Old 12-14-2009, 11:10 PM

Yeah pretty ridiculous, plus he has stock motor mounts. He complains that other 3G drivers ask him to drive their cars just to make sure it's not the car that's the problem.. lol. I can't imagine if he reduced the weight on that sleigh. Another member here, Inaccurate, has taken over 600 lbs off his AT 3G TL. The TL definitely has potential without going FI.

Last edited by Majofo; 12-14-2009 at 11:12 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:18 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Majofo
Yeah pretty ridiculous, plus he has stock motor mounts. He complains that other 3G drivers ask him to drive their cars just to make sure it's not the car that's the problem.. lol. I can't imagine if he reduced the weight on that sleigh. Another member here, Inaccurate, has taken over 600 lbs off his AT 3G TL. The TL definitely has potential without going FI.
so 13.39@103 is the N/A record? N/A obviously doesn't include nitrous/turbo/SC.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by gr8ness97
Nice to see you over her> Irecognize the SN. I used to own a 6-speed Max myself and grew up around that area. I'll take you up on that offer the next time I come home...On the track that is
That's fine with me, I prefer the track, myself! There's going to be a whole bunch of Maximas at Fayetteville dragway this coming weekend (20th).
Old 12-14-2009, 11:38 PM

afaik it's the record for the base 6MT (J32) 3G TL.
Old 12-14-2009, 11:52 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by dhong87
everyone has road rage,
glad everything is okay.

next time, just do what I do..
just cut them off and turn on your windshield wiper squirters..
it get all on their windshield and they have to use their wipers.

thats just my .02
I practice this one a regular basis. Its a healthy medium between doing something dangerous and stupid to prove a point. It works like a charm you can just activate the wiper fluid at about 2 car lengths in front of the offending asshole driver, and wallah! Its amusing to watch the driver behind you to keep using their wipers over and over again.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:09 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Slow03Maxima
so 13.39@103 is the N/A record? N/A obviously doesn't include nitrous/turbo/SC.
Really??? No one hit on this yet?? Well, this thread is off-topic enough as it is so what the heck. N/A (naturally aspirated) means the motor is making it's own power w/o any device cramming additional air into the combustion chamber. I personally feel nitrous is FI since you're adding something that the engine cannot generate on it's own but can't remember any good sources to collaborate it.

I watched that video over and over. Judging by his opponent's launch and the reflection of the tree green light on the pavement, better 1/4 can definitely be achieved with some improvement on the R/T
Old 12-15-2009, 01:24 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by ciscopath
Really??? No one hit on this yet?? Well, this thread is off-topic enough as it is so what the heck. N/A (naturally aspirated) means the motor is making it's own power w/o any device cramming additional air into the combustion chamber. I personally feel nitrous is FI since you're adding something that the engine cannot generate on it's own but can't remember any good sources to collaborate it.

I watched that video over and over. Judging by his opponent's launch and the reflection of the tree green light on the pavement, better 1/4 can definitely be achieved with some improvement on the R/T
You must have failed horribly at reading my post. I said that N/A does not include Nitrous or FI (turbo, SC). Read this quote carefully and think real hard "N/A obviously doesn't include nitrous/turbo/SC." Of course nitrous is a form of forced induction since you're adding a concentrated amount of oxygen, the method of "force" is just different than compressing atmospheric air into the cylinder like a turbo/supercharger does.

Another failure (you're good at this) is that reaction time has no bearing at all on the 1/4 mile time. The timing of the run itself doesn't start until you leave the line. He could have sat at the light for 5 seconds before leaving, and still ran the exact same time. Reaction time is integral to bracket racing, and to "winning" against the person next to you during TnT runs, but it has zero bearing on the final time that goes up on the board as it is not added to the final calculation.

Last edited by Slow03Maxima; 12-15-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:29 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Slow03Maxima
N/A obviously doesn't include nitrous/turbo/SC."
Why don't you take a step back look at how that statement would look to a "normal" person. It's basically like saying "Air obviously doesn't include floating pieces of shit". Of course it doesn't which kinda makes your statement seem assed-out. Anyone who knows anything about racing knows this. So tell me, now that I've given my POV of your statement, explain to me what anyone is supposed to grasp from it that they didn't already know?

I made my statement about nitrous because I've heard it both ways. I've heard that if you're not doing enough spray to have to advance your ignition timing then all you're really doing is just cooling the charge. Like I said, I have no evidence to back this up. Just what I've heard. If it's incorrect, then correct me but don't come on the board with less than 10 posts and be a dick about it.

Granted, I didn't take into account it could have been a bracket race when I made my statement. And no, I've never been to the track and thought your time started from the tree going green to the time you finish the quarter. As inaccurate as my info may be, this is not the "Ultimate thread for FI and getting better times at the track" thread. It' s just idiotic ramblings that have now ran on for 4 pages with no lock in sight. Like I said, if i'm wrong, i'm wrong. But I in no way demeaned you nor the TL in the video. So again, stop being a dick on our board. Thank you
Old 12-15-2009, 07:02 AM
2008 Acura TL Type-S

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the love of god will a mod please lock this stupid thread!!!

There is a whole section of Azine dedicated to "my Maxima is faster than your TL" e-penis competitions. It's called Racing and Competition. Check it out here: https://acurazine.com/forums/a-115/

I suggest those that want to continue this discussion start a thread over there and have at it.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
enough.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Im not surprised that this shit still goes on.

Ive been away from the site, mainly just checking in every now and then.

After wasting the time of reading this thread I now have the urge to start cleaning house.

Those of you who have been here a short time need to read the rules I posted. We put them there for a reason. I promise you that I will be here.

One warning is all you get. Let this thread be that warning.

If any of you have an issue with the rules feel free to PM me.