Sponsored by:

Bidding war at Keyes Acura in Van Nuys, CA

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 03:30 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Bidding war at Keyes Acura in Van Nuys, CA

DON"T BUY FROM KEYES

as i was negotiating the WDP/quarts/navi/auto we came to agreed at 33k plus ttl. when i was ready to take the deal, the manager walked in and said the price would be at 33.5k to sell. The reason being someone else is interested in the car and he's gonna sell to the high bidder.

i lost my cool and decided not to take the car cuz they got no principles. it was simply wrong the way they do business.

best yet to come; the sales guy "Hector" called me the next day, i told him it was wrong the way i was treated and how they took back on their words. he then blames me for not taking the car, and said "u ain't never gonna buy the car at that price!!! "

anyways, i just picked up the car last nite for 33.2k and WITH protection package. im glad i didn't buy from keyes.

FYI; they mess with ur finance rates and adds bunch of junk fees too

let this be a warning to y'all purchasing in so. cal
Old 02-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Some dealers would play that kind of game on you, just to make a few extra hundred dollars. They are car salesman, you were smart enough not to take the bait. Just remember there are always more cars for you out there, TL is not a LIMITED EDITION, patience sometimes can save some money.

Good job
Old 02-26-2005, 03:43 PM
Advanced

i was just there yesterday, was interested in the black/camel with navi auto. they went down to 33,600. this was after having the guy "anthony" go to the manager 4 times to bring down the price. i wasn't happy with the price at all, so i told them good bye. and the guy was like good luck finding a car at that price with the color you wanted. i told him good luck making a sale next time.

i didn't like keyes at all, but they played a little more ball than 101 west. next time i'm gonna go to valencia and see what they can do.

oh by the way...101 west has a black/camel 6 speed navi, with underbody kit and spoiler. with 11K miles on it (2004). the sticker was 34,xxx, and he said he can easily get it down to 32,000. so there might be some play to get it at 31,000.

my only problem was that i needed the auto.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So which dealer did you purchased from? I have spoke with Hector before and he was nice, but there is an older gentlemen who was completed rude. I left Keyes that day and probably will never go back because of that gentlemen attitude and language when I was not ready to purchase. He swore at me when I was not ready to buy that day and while helping me his missed another customer he was previously helping.

Shame the sales departments are not rated for their customer service like the service departments.
Old 02-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, that sux. I don't get dealers sometimes. Do they think they're the only Acura dealer around. Is Barret Jackson in town or what. Sale to the highest bidder... give me a break. I would've walked out also. Good for you, their loss.
Old 02-26-2005, 04:19 PM
4th Gear

Always the same story... Acura delership network sux .

Great product but awfull deler experience.
Old 02-26-2005, 05:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

All car dealers can suck it, theres a reason why they have a bad image.
Old 02-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Racer

Call Acura of Glendale, ask for John Zakman (sale manager), and tell him you know John Han and I sent you. Ask him to make a deal with you.

When they make the deal, they are fast.

I've seen this before. Some guy wanted a different color TL and offered $800 more, but they said the car was on hold for a customer and turned it down.

Good luck
Old 02-28-2005, 12:50 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by JeffS
So which dealer did you purchased from? I have spoke with Hector before and he was nice, but there is an older gentlemen who was completed rude. I left Keyes that day and probably will never go back because of that gentlemen attitude and language when I was not ready to purchase. He swore at me when I was not ready to buy that day and while helping me his missed another customer he was previously helping.

Shame the sales departments are not rated for their customer service like the service departments.

got it at downey. sales manager John was great. superb experience.

also, thanks Jhan acura glendale was great, but only problem is they dun order WDP/quarts. good price thought.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:10 AM
10th Gear

Sorry you had a bad experience dctrobe2003.

i just bought my anth/navi/5at/quartz from them about a month ago. i have to say my experience was really good. the guy even gave me a follow up call. i got my car for 33450 with protection package (incl trunk tray). i have to say keyes is really far distance wise considering i live in OC.

i went to a lot of dealers and all of them were snobbing because the car was so in demand. i like keyes because they were awesome with telling me when the car was available and just for being courteous. everyone else didnt give follow up phone calls.

OC dealers were by far the worst.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:05 AM
Racer

I second John Han's recommendation for Acura of Glendale... My friend also wanted to buy the WDP/Camel... It came on Friday afternoon... Saturday is a good day to sell it at good price (MSRP), but he still released it to my fren for 36.4K OTD... BTW that's where i get my SSM/Ebony too... If John Zackman is not there, find Arman... He's a great straightforward guy...
Old 03-01-2005, 09:32 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Acura of Glendale

I cannot say enough good things about Nelson VanSant at Acura of Glendale. He worked very closely with me over the past 6 weeks to provide the best price of 15 dealers in SoCal. His e-mail and phone calls were very helpful and responsive.

I just picked up my 2005 AT/Navi/Anthracite/Ebony from him on Sunday. It took all of 1-1/12 hours to prep it, do paperwork and provide me with enough training to get the car off the lot. There was no sellling and he stuck to his quote from 1/28 even though the car shipped from the factory after the $200 price increase on 2/15.

Good quality and honest dealership and sales people.
Old 03-01-2005, 09:45 PM
What's a TL?

Originally Posted by TerminaderTL
I cannot say enough good things about Nelson VanSant at Acura of Glendale. He worked very closely with me over the past 6 weeks to provide the best price of 15 dealers in SoCal. His e-mail and phone calls were very helpful and responsive.

I just picked up my 2005 AT/Navi/Anthracite/Ebony from him on Sunday. It took all of 1-1/12 hours to prep it, do paperwork and provide me with enough training to get the car off the lot. There was no sellling and he stuck to his quote from 1/28 even though the car shipped from the factory after the $200 price increase on 2/15.

Good quality and honest dealership and sales people.
Price?? I am debating about upgrading my TL or getting another car
Old 03-01-2005, 11:02 PM
05 TL NBP Navi

I purchased from keys in van nuys. I got the same high bidder B.S. but to me they were up front about it. I got the usual we will beat any price line, and I offered 33,500 on a 05 NBP/Camel AT Navi. They said they were getting one in the next two weeks and would sell it to me if they didn’t get a better offer first. The car was still on the carrier when I got the call. I was happy to get this price in late Dec because 2.9% financing just came out and everyone else I was talking to stopped trying to make any kind of deal. It seems that prices are softening now though. Just treat negotiating as a game, you are in control just take your time, (I spent over a month and drove >200 mi to get this deal). Before anyone flames me, this is a California price on a the only color feature combination I would accept.
Old 03-01-2005, 11:57 PM
Racer

Hey, didn't I post something about basters at Keys before? I can't talk about it cuz my lawyer told me not to, but.... that are going to pay big time.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:09 AM
people die violently.

i got mine from santa monica acura. good salesperson! took 600$ off msrp. car came out to be 38300$ blk/blk navi auto.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:43 AM
Awesome to the Max

Originally Posted by jhan1102
Hey, didn't I post something about basters at Keys before? I can't talk about it cuz my lawyer told me not to, but.... that are going to pay big time.

hmm..makes me curious...

I bought my car from keyes, they gave me a good price for my manual non-navi (31,700 including destination, mudguards, and wheel locks), but they fucked me on financing (6.9%) even though I had a "excellent credit score"...I'm paying 498 and some change a month and 161 out of that 498 goes to interest...crazy, huh?

...but oh well, I'm trying to pay it off a lot faster.......I just think that everyone ends up paying 40k or so for the car...

low apr and bad price or high apr and good price...

i wish i could make them pay big time too....
Old 03-02-2005, 12:46 PM
MMB
Cruisin'

You could have gotten your financing from someone else. I ran into a little of that when I got a good deal on the purchase from Acura of the Desert back in November but Honda Finance quoted me 6.5%. Instead, I went to Wells Fargo and got it at 4.5%.

MB.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:14 PM
Advanced

Remember, you cannot necessarily blame the salesman 99% of the time. They just do what the managers tell them to do. Request to talk ot the manager directly and have HIM tell you that to your face. Salesman are just mediators in the middle.
Old 03-02-2005, 04:30 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Perziankabob
i was just there yesterday, was interested in the black/camel with navi auto. they went down to 33,600. this was after having the guy "anthony" go to the manager 4 times to bring down the price. i wasn't happy with the price at all, so i told them good bye. and the guy was like good luck finding a car at that price with the color you wanted. i told him good luck making a sale next time.

i didn't like keyes at all, but they played a little more ball than 101 west. next time i'm gonna go to valencia and see what they can do.

oh by the way...101 west has a black/camel 6 speed navi, with underbody kit and spoiler. with 11K miles on it (2004). the sticker was 34,xxx, and he said he can easily get it down to 32,000. so there might be some play to get it at 31,000.

my only problem was that i needed the auto.
Valencia treated me fairly back when I bought my CL-S (Apr 2000). At that time, they were being marked up, especially for San Marino Red (I saw as high as $7500). Only Valencia and Pasadena (now Glendale) would sell at sticker. I told Valencia I would rather given them my business so my taxes would stay in my area and they took a few hundred off to win the business. Normally I buy close to invoice from a broker but even he could touch this car at the time. Valencia is a family run business as well whcih makes me more confortable than Keyes or other mega dealers who could care less. You may not get down the the last $100 cheaper but you'll get a fair price. They also beat my credit union rates by 1/4pt so I financed through them.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by jhan1102

man i hope u beat the crap out of them , good luck
Old 03-02-2005, 11:59 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by gsxr60097
Remember, you cannot necessarily blame the salesman 99% of the time. They just do what the managers tell them to do. Request to talk ot the manager directly and have HIM tell you that to your face. Salesman are just mediators in the middle.

not in my situation, the sales came back with the vengeance cuz i would pay few hundred more.
Old 03-03-2005, 12:05 AM
Cruisin'

Talking

Originally Posted by terse
hmm..makes me curious...

I bought my car from keyes, they gave me a good price for my manual non-navi (31,700 including destination, mudguards, and wheel locks), but they fucked me on financing (6.9%) even though I had a "excellent credit score"...I'm paying 498 and some change a month and 161 out of that 498 goes to interest...crazy, huh?

...but oh well, I'm trying to pay it off a lot faster.......I just think that everyone ends up paying 40k or so for the car...

low apr and bad price or high apr and good price...

i wish i could make them pay big time too....

like i say they manipulate the numbers a lot if u r not careful
i got quoted 4.xx at downey, but i went with cash....hehe no interest