3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

5AT vs. 6MT handling

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 02:21 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys, he plays this game on every forum. When he gets banned he moves on to another one. Where he starts all over again until he gets banned yet again. Also, 99.9% of all his posts are edited if there is a response within the 5 min limit, this way he can adjust his comments or arguments.

If he was interested in fact he would agree more than 1% of the time with people, which he doesn't, if you ask him that's because 99% of the time everybody is wrong and he is right.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:59 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Norse396
Guys, he plays this game on every forum. When he gets banned he moves on to another one. Where he starts all over again until he gets banned yet again. Also, 99.9% of all his posts are edited if there is a response within the 5 min limit, this way he can adjust his comments or arguments.

If he was interested in fact he would agree more than 1% of the time with people, which he doesn't, if you ask him that's because 99% of the time everybody is wrong and he is right.
You guys are too much. When anyone has anything negative to say about the TL you jump all over them. Call them names and accuse them of being a troll. What I read here and in other threads is feuding and name calling which might be advantageous in an argument among 3rd graders but accomplishes nothing here. Imagine how boring this board would be to read a poster say, the 6mt is the coolset version of the TL and then read 10 people say, yes it sure is. Disscussion and divergent views are what makes a message board worth reading.

Threads get hijacked all the time. Not only here but on other boards also. It's the nature of the beast.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:07 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by harddrivin1le
Either they're not read or they are read but aren't understood.

I'm not "ramming" anything down anyone's throat. People are free to ignore my posts either by passing over them or by placing me on their "IGNORE USER" list. Why don't you pursue one of those options? :think:
Half the links you put up you don't understand so maybe you should take your own advice and start reading more of them.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:12 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

Originally Posted by shodog
You guys are too much. When anyone has anything negative to say about the TL you jump all over them. Call them names and accuse them of being a troll. What I read here and in other threads is feuding and name calling which might be advantageous in an argument among 3rd graders but accomplishes nothing here. Imagine how boring this board would be to read a poster say, the 6mt is the coolset version of the TL and then read 10 people say, yes it sure is. Disscussion and divergent views are what makes a message board worth reading.

Threads get hijacked all the time. Not only here but on other boards also. It's the nature of the beast.
Nothing like jumping in when you are totally clueless about the HardDrivin situation. It has nothing to do with negative comments on the TL. Heck, 90% of the arguments aren't even about the TL.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:28 PM
Burning Brakes

You guys are too much. When anyone has anything negative to say about the TL you jump all over them.
1le has earned this level of dis-respect, we didn't just jump on him and as I said, this happens in every forum he has ever used that screen name on. Do a search for anobody elses name here and see if they have been banned from every forum they visit.

Call them names and accuse them of being a troll.
You a buddy he called up to defend him? Seems you're only seeing one side of the picture here.

What I read here and in other threads is feuding and name calling which might be advantageous in an argument among 3rd graders but accomplishes nothing here. Imagine how boring this board would be to read a poster say, the 6mt is the coolset version of the TL and then read 10 people say, yes it sure is. Disscussion and divergent views are what makes a message board worth reading.
If you're saying this to all including the guy you feel needs defending then fine, we can agree to a point, if not, then I'll just take it that you're a friend of his and thats fine, you're doing a good job for him.

I thought he was only presenting facts and we were unfairly jumping on him.... you're right though, this does happen on every board, usually because there is someone just like 1le on that board doing it.
Old 04-01-2004, 05:46 PM
Instructor

Nope sorry I'm not a friend of his. I just signed on to this list to get a feel for the TL. I was thinking about one for the wife.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by shodog

Sorry, but I disagree. I don't have a problem if someone prefers another car over a TL and chooses according to their own tastes. I generally find their reasons and opinions interesting and engaging. This forum is full of interesting, cooperative dialog, differing opinions and occasional debate. I don't begrudge HD for not buying a TL at all. He had his own reasons for choosing an Accord instead, and that's fine. No skin off of my nose, it's a big enough market for both of us to be happy. It's his insistance that his choice was the only sensible, logical, intelligent choice, and no one else is entitled to an opposing view. Same with his Camaro. There's nothing wrong with his choice of a Camaro or his devotion to it. The problem is that he refuses to accept different priorities for different buyers. He posts, reposts and force feeds the same things over and over and insists that everyone is wrong but him.

Or, leave his TL debunking out of it and look at his other threads or posts. Petty arguments, one and all. Pick any discussion he's chosen to participate in. In no time flat, it ceases being a friendly debate and suddenly deteriorates into a multi-faceted feud. Does he ever so much as acknowledge anyone's right to a contrary opinion? Ever? Nope. He comes barging in, all piss and vinegar, taking on all comers, and before you know it, the original topic is not only long gone, it no longer even remotely resembles its roots, and another thread is flushed straight down the toilet (kind of like this one).

I do, however, respect the patience and tolerance you offer him.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:29 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by UminChu
Pick any discussion he's chosen to participate in. In no time flat, it ceases being a friendly debate and suddenly deteriorates into a multi-faceted feud.
That's because SOME people get angry when they are proven wrong and when a host of 3rd party sources are offered to support the correct set of facts.

That anger turns to frustration as their "opinion" disintegrates and that feeds even more anger.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:30 PM
Banned

That's because SOME people get angry when they are proven wrong and a host of 3rd party sources are offered to support the correct set of facts.
That's probably true but I would have to say the same for you, too, no? Believe me, I'm wrong all the time. I have no problem admitting it.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:34 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TLover
That's probably true but I would have to say the same for you, too, no? Believe me, I'm wrong all the time. I have no problem admitting it.
Name a major topic of debate that's occured on this forum in which you choose to take "the other side." Be prepared to offer valid, 3rd party sources to back your point of view.

Aluminum heads...ram air...torque converters...gearing theory...suspension components...

Name it.

Show me how "wrong" I've been.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:36 PM
Banned

Name a major topic of debate that's occured on this forum in which you choose to take "the other side." Be prepared to offer valid, 3rd party sources to back your point of view.

Aluminum heads...ram air...torque converters...gearing theory...suspension components...

Name it.

Show me how "wrong" I've been.
You're right, HD. You are NEVER wrong; everyone else is ALWAYS wrong. My apologies.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:20 PM
Pro

That's because SOME people get angry when they are proven wrong and when a host of 3rd party sources are offered to support the correct set of facts.

That anger turns to frustration as their "opinion" disintegrates and that feeds even more anger.
No, some people get angry when someone tries to prove their "OPINION" wrong. Opinions can not be correct or incorrect, and you should have learned this fundamental lesson somewhere back in elementary school, my friend.

Further, you start blasting everyone with your opinions and/or 3rd party sources related to the topic at the beginning of your posts, which is fine with everyone, I'm sure. The problem is at the end of that post (not every time) you will add something completely off topic seemingly just to show how "smart" you are. Essentially you are throwing all this info at people who did not ask or talk about it in the first place.

And then there is the occasional insult at the car that most people here are driving, which you are entitled to not like for whatever reason you choose. But that does not mean that it's a piece of crap, uhh because I have something else.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:38 PM
Andrenaline Junkie

I think you have that backwards. I think the fact that you can't learn or admit you are wrong and you twist your statements around when you realize you are wrong leads to frustration. Then, you amplify their frustration by being even more boneheaded and then their frustration turns to anger.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:14 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by apwalsh
No, some people get angry when someone tries to prove their "OPINION" wrong. Opinions can not be correct or incorrect, and you should have learned this fundamental lesson somewhere back in elementary school, my friend.

Further, you start blasting everyone with your opinions and/or 3rd party sources related to the topic at the beginning of your posts, which is fine with everyone, I'm sure. The problem is at the end of that post (not every time) you will add something completely off topic seemingly just to show how "smart" you are. Essentially you are throwing all this info at people who did not ask or talk about it in the first place.

And then there is the occasional insult at the car that most people here are driving, which you are entitled to not like for whatever reason you choose. But that does not mean that it's a piece of crap, uhh because I have something else.
Scientific realities are NOT "opinions."

If you aren't interested in the realities contained in my posts then I suggest that you IGNORE THEM.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:16 AM
Drifting

You're right, HD. You are NEVER wrong; everyone else is ALWAYS wrong. My apologies.
The majority of people who "talk cars" - in ANY forum (including real life) - have little-to-know idea of what they are talking about.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:17 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Swat Dude
I think you have that backwards. I think the fact that you can't learn or admit you are wrong and you twist your statements around when you realize you are wrong leads to frustration. Then, you amplify their frustration by being even more boneheaded and then their frustration turns to anger.
How's the Joule-Thompson effect been treating you?

You don't have an engineering degree, despite the fact that you CLAIMED otherwise.
Old 04-02-2004, 10:33 AM
Burning Brakes

And so he continues to prove everybodies point... congrats 1le, you must be the single most knowlegable person on the planet.

You know everything about cars, stereos, electronics, biology, physics, engineering and opinion doesn't matter when you the all knowing on every subject post links to web sites that prove your opinion is fact and can't be disputed in any way shape or form. Even their links when posted mean nothing to you because only you know the real deal, where the real facts are, how dare a person bother debating you when they are so out-gunned? Why, you must be an upper life form and us lowly humans can't measure up..

Yeah that's it, or maybe the truth is you can't handle dissagreement in any way so you argue a point until the other person gives up or tells you to go to hell.

How is the Mensa membership been treating you?
Old 04-02-2004, 12:51 PM
Banned

The majority of people who "talk cars" - in ANY forum (including real life) - have little-to-know idea of what they are talking about.
Your arrogance is unbelieveable.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:59 PM
Drifting

Your arrogance is unbelieveable.
That's fact.

And it's proven on here time and time again.
Old 04-02-2004, 01:03 PM