Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2019, 03:02 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have they fixed your issue?
Old 01-31-2019, 09:48 PM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
After you pulled the fuse did the display come back on right away? I pulled mine after the display was stuck on the disclaimer and now it is completely dark.... It turns on when i'm reversing.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:52 PM
7th Gear

Did the display come back right after? I had the disclaimer issue but the display was completely dark after reinstalling the fuse.... reverse camera worked though.
The following users liked this post:
i69fstop (02-06-2019)
Old 02-01-2019, 10:06 AM
7th Gear

Started the car the next day (not using the app) and the display was back to normal. I do think it has something to do with the Acura Link App..
Old 02-01-2019, 01:44 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Kmalin0052
Started the car the next day (not using the app) and the display was back to normal. I do think it has something to do with the Acura Link App..
Don't think it's the APP as much as it is the car coming out of sleep mode when it's remotely started ... key fob or APP ... any one using key fob ... have you ever have the same problem with display screen freezing?
Old 02-06-2019, 02:05 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
infotainment froze

Old 02-06-2019, 03:00 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pjodonnell
I had the same problem. Pulling fuses didn't help. Only thing that worked was disconnecting the positive pole of the battery. Working fine now.
Has anyone gotten an explanation from a dealer??
On my case, pulled/reset out 15amp (audio fuse) does not help either. It turned off the screen, however restart the car does not restart the infotainment system.
Old 02-06-2019, 04:23 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Team, we are unfortunately at the mercy of Acura. I went by my dealer today and spoke with the GM and the Service manager. The SM told me that even the regional service rep from Acura had issues with his RDX. They have fixes in the works, but will not commit to any time frame. So sad.

John
i69fstop (02-06-2019)
Old 02-06-2019, 04:27 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by Bartrdx
Team, we are unfortunately at the mercy of Acura. I went by my dealer today and spoke with the GM and the Service manager. The SM told me that even the regional service rep from Acura had issues with his RDX. They have fixes in the works, but will not commit to any time frame. So sad.

John
Or....we could look at it as the glass is half full instead of half empty.. "They have fixes in the works......."
Old 02-06-2019, 04:40 PM
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by JB in AZ
Or....we could look at it as the glass is half full instead of half empty..
Or... maybe the glass is empty!

Old 02-06-2019, 04:52 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Well, we know for sure that the dealership won't say "we don't have any fixes in the works, you're screwed," so take the 'in the works' with a grain of salt - they have no option to say anything else.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:24 PM
Intermediate

Hi Guys,

I called Acura IT Service, it was a long wait for 2 hours terrible, however I got a hold of them.
First of all, they do not if it is a known issue, They said that if the issue happen again, I need to bring to the dealer, but no further on how the dealer was going to fix it.

Good thing, lots info on this forum help to resolve this issue (temporary):

1. I pull the fuse #37, 15amp (labeled as AUDIO)
2. after 30 second, push it back, start the car, blank screen...nothing happen......
3. after an hour , or so I was frustrated with Acura's responses, I wend back the car and start again, finally the infotainment system boot up and ask for "Security Code" ( btw, no code needed, just PRESS and HOLD power button for 5 seconds)

I believe we don't need disconnect the battery, however we need to give the system time the fresh/reload from pulling the fuse #37.
My final guess is that it has to do with Carplay, Bluetooth or Remote Start app....who knows, but software update is need for a fix.
Old 02-06-2019, 05:33 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by Bartrdx

John
Exactly... I have gone all the way up to the District Service Manager and he could not provide any solutions except wait for the tech team to fix the problems
Old 02-09-2019, 05:07 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have turned off CarPlay as that is what seems to have caused my frozen screen issue. Even after the apple update that specifically said it addressed CarPlay issues, I am still getting the random disconnects. When you turn off CarPlay, you can still play audio from your phone through the USB audio option. This also passes through audio from Waze, which was my primary use of CarPlay. So now I have to mount my phone on a car mount and I’m good to go. Also allows me to have both waze map (on phone) and car nav map or audio on the cars display.
Old 02-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 321 Likes on 190 Posts
Originally Posted by bahgee
I have turned off CarPlay as that is what seems to have caused my frozen screen issue. Even after the apple update that specifically said it addressed CarPlay issues, I am still getting the random disconnects. When you turn off CarPlay, you can still play audio from your phone through the USB audio option. This also passes through audio from Waze, which was my primary use of CarPlay. So now I have to mount my phone on a car mount and I’m good to go. Also allows me to have both waze map (on phone) and car nav map or audio on the cars display.
have you tried a different cable, It’s possible the cable is not good and causing lots of errors bits when sending data, I have not had any issues with mine which leads me to believe this is more of a hardware issue then software, at least if we are on the same levels in the car and on our iPhones, I have a sept 2018 with an iPhone X, and I have very little issues with mine, had a random disconnect the other day but no freezing problems, knock on wood. It’s possible they changed the hardware in the car under the covers that could be causing issues but we would need to compare that data
Padre Dave (07-05-2019)
Old 02-09-2019, 05:35 PM
Intermediate

I did, but no difference. I have an XS Max. I find CarPlay restricts use of the phone though, so the solution I noted is actually better for me!
Old 02-09-2019, 05:57 PM
Burning Brakes

I did, but no difference. I have an XS Max. I find CarPlay restricts use of the phone though, so the solution I noted is actually better for me!
that’s odd when I’m in car play Mode I can still do anything I want on my phone, I think there is a setting for that
Old 02-19-2019, 02:21 PM
3rd Gear

This happened to me over the weekend. While driving, i had my phone connected to Apple CarPlay. I heard a loud beep and all audio functions stopped working. Additionally, the screen would not turn off once I got out and locked the car. I did a reset and that fixed the issue of the screen not turning off. ITook the car to the dealership this Monday where they were basically in the phone with Tech from Acura all day. Finally, they just disconnected the battery and connected it again. This is a temporary fix.

The problem is the USB inside the center console. Do not connect your phone to Apple CarPlay or use the USB port inside the center console. You can use Bluetooth though and the other USB ports for charging your phone. This is becoming a big problem for Acura and the company is scrambling to find a fix before this problem gets bigger and word gets out. Acura is sending someone to my dealership to work on this. Also from what I was told, it’s a software issue that has to do with Apple, and they’re trying to figure out why it’s messing with the system and they’re working on a patch. Hopefully they can fix this soon.
Old 02-19-2019, 02:27 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Meto
After 20 days in service, the issues still remain with this system and after doing a lot of talking on the phone with Acura and my dealership, they are promising to address the issues before I file Lemon Law on the vehicle for the numerous bugs in the system. We will see what kind of communication I receive over the next couple of days.
Meto, how was your issue resolved?
Old 02-19-2019, 02:41 PM
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by France738
This happened to me over the weekend. While driving, i had my phone connected to Apple CarPlay. I heard a loud beep and all audio functions stopped working. Additionally, the screen would not turn off once I got out and locked the car. I did a reset and that fixed the issue of the screen not turning off. ITook the car to the dealership this Monday where they were basically in the phone with Tech from Acura all day. Finally, they just disconnected the battery and connected it again. This is a temporary fix.

The problem is the USB inside the center console. Do not connect your phone to Apple CarPlay or use the USB port inside the center console. You can use Bluetooth though and the other USB ports for charging your phone. This is becoming a big problem for Acura and the company is scrambling to find a fix before this problem gets bigger and word gets out. Acura is sending someone to my dealership to work on this. Also from what I was told, it’s a software issue that has to do with Apple, and they’re trying to figure out why it’s messing with the system and they’re working on a patch. Hopefully they can fix this soon.
What version of the software are you on? 1.0.7? 1.1.2?
Old 02-19-2019, 02:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by France738

I did the update last week. On 02/16/2019, I was listening to music from my flash drive on the USB port. I have to say, I shut the car off and started it again later ( doing errands, etc.) four times, and it booted up correctly every time, so maybe there is hope. I have not used CarPlay much.
bahgee (02-21-2019)
Old 02-19-2019, 10:19 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TheFidge
I did the update last week. On 02/16/2019, I was listening to music from my flash drive on the USB port. I have to say, I shut the car off and started it again later ( doing errands, etc.) four times, and it booted up correctly every time, so maybe there is hope. I have not used CarPlay much.
After I updated my iphone XS Max to 12.1.4 (from 12.1.3) - the workaround I posted above no longer works. I had shutoff carplay and was using my phone to play music via USB Audio, This also allowed Waze audio to come through the car speakers. After the the update to ios 12.1.4, usb audio from the phone works for about 2 songs, then just stops. I tried the acura update to 1.1.2 and that did not help either with my workaround or carplay in general. USB Audio from a flash drive seems to still work, but I prefer to have a screen to be able to select music. I am going to try an ipod touch to see if that works for usb audio. I will also try to tether it to my phones hotspot to see if waze will work in carplay mode.

TheFidge - please keep us up to date if you hear back from dealer or find a solution.
Old 02-20-2019, 10:17 AM
Cruisin'

I dont know if this may work ,I would try it, but our Aspec is at the dealer for an unrelated issue. The boot on the rdx is slighlty different, but its worth a shot.

I did this to my 2019 Accord last night as its infotainment system crashed on my once.

Make sure you are in an open area to not set off your parking sensors.

Turn the car on and immediately put it into reverse and leave it for 2 seconds. Then place it into neutral for a couple seconds and then ypu can return to park. You'll know it worked if the 'up time' counter reset.

Heres the original thread.

https://www.driveaccord.net/forums/249-audio-electronics-lighting/538673-finally-figured-out-how-reboot-head-unit.html#/topics/538673

​​​​​
Old 02-21-2019, 04:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Julie Mango
Meto, how was your issue resolved?
The last software update fixed about 80% of the bugs I had, but they still compensated me a pretty large amount of money for dealing with the issues for so long. Now if they would get Android Auto released I would be very happy.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:07 PM
Advanced

Compensated with what. I still can’t get my iPhone to work if it is plugged in before I start car.
How much compensation.
Old 02-21-2019, 05:55 PM
Intermediate

Ipod touch on the USB port has the same issues as using the phone. USB flash drive works though (for now). I found this cool app that transfers playlists from itunes and organizes it so the car can read it properly. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id434426826

Hopefully, Acura and Apple can get their acts together though and fix this soon!
Old 02-21-2019, 06:00 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dereileak
This may help you guys when you get it up and running turn on ANR

I enabled this before updating to software 1.1.2. After the update, I can't seem to get back into that menu to see if it is still enabled. Is there a new method to do it or did Acura remove the ability with the new update??
Old 02-21-2019, 06:22 PM
Drifting

Received 803 Likes on 528 Posts
I enabled this before updating to software 1.1.2. After the update, I can't seem to get back into that menu to see if it is still enabled. Is there a new method to do it or did Acura remove the ability with the new update??
I haven't tried to access the developer's menu on mine since the update, but it is common for manufacturers/software developers to change the way to access things like that once they get published. No telling if we find a new way or not.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:30 PM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Dereileak, the OP of the post on how to go to the developer's menu already reported back that after the 1.1.2 update, this menu no longer accessible using this method.
bahgee (02-21-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 06:43 PM
Intermediate

thanks for the update. hopefully there is a new method. I wonder if it stayed enabled since I did it before the updating to 1.1.2?
Old 02-21-2019, 08:14 PM
Burning Brakes

thanks for the update. hopefully there is a new method. I wonder if it stayed enabled since I did it before the updating to 1.1.2?
I’m sure there Is a new method, discovering it would be difficult tho
Old 03-11-2019, 08:03 PM
2nd Gear

Angry Suggest Class Action Suit re Faulty Infotainment System

I have had the Infotainment issues on the 2019 RDX since I took delivery July 3rd. It's been highly distracting and at times dangerous. The 'fix' came out March 1st and the Shop Foreman at Erin Mills Acura in Mississauga, Ontario 'ensured' me he would be able to do the update at the shop which is a good 45-60 minute drive for me. As expected he couldn't and claimed that my car was the first in Canada that the fix wouldn't work on (year sure) and there was just one in the US (sure). So they are replacing the whole infotainment system supposedly tomorrow.

But it leads me to think, Honda/Acura has taken almost 9 months to rectify the problem. Shouldn't we as Owners or Lessees qualify for some amount of consideration or compensation as an important part of the car has not worked for 8-9 months?

Thoughts re a Class Action suit?
tmknies (04-24-2019)
Old 03-11-2019, 08:05 PM
2nd Gear

Hi see my post
What did they give you in compensation?
How did you manage to get it? My Dealership has just been 'showing me the hand'/lame excuses.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:24 PM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
If you squeak enough, you will get your palm greased...lol
Old 03-12-2019, 02:40 PM
Advanced

Replacing info system won't fix it. My guy tried that. Its all software. I don't use apple play much because it confuses the radio.
Does anyone have issues when you put in reverse and then pull out before the system boots up. My info system takes for ever to boot when going into reverse.
jdb
Old 03-12-2019, 05:16 PM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
More infotainment fun

Everything went black including the instrument cluster. Then it started flashing the whole way home. Shutting off and restarting didn't help. Already had the infotainment system replaced and it still doesn't work right, among all the other issues I've had. I'm at my breaking point with this POS.

Old 03-13-2019, 08:55 AM
Racer

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Njbrandon
Everything went black including the instrument cluster. Then it started flashing the whole way home. Shutting off and restarting didn't help. Already had the infotainment system replaced and it still doesn't work right, among all the other issues I've had. I'm at my breaking point with this POS.
When restarting, try shutting off the engine, exit the car, wait for about 15 minutes and then come back to restart it. If you have not try this already.
Old 03-13-2019, 09:48 AM
Racer

For those wondering what I received in compensation, I will just say that I received enough that I am content to just sit back and wait for Android Auto now. Keep complaining to your dealer and go all the way up to the GM of the dealership on your e-mails. Keep taking your vehicle in and keep opening support cases with Acura until you have a resolution. I went on a 6 month tirade with my vehicle and they replaced the infotainment system twice, have addressed the shifting issue and also taken care of some other things that were not up to snuff. When I sent a message to the BBB about the car, then action was taken to fully address all of my issues. The only issues I have now is the "Map Out Of Date" message and no Android Auto. I was satisfied with the compensation I was given.
Old 03-13-2019, 10:43 AM
Instructor

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by subin
When restarting, try shutting off the engine, exit the car, wait for about 15 minutes and then come back to restart it. If you have not try this already.
After sitting overnight its functioning today but loading extremely slow. After turning the car on I drove almost half a mile before the maps screen loaded. Reminds me of an old Android phone... slow, laggy, and crashes.
Old 03-13-2019, 11:04 AM
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 59 Posts
It basically is an old Android phone?

Quick Reply: 2019 Infotainment System Frozen