Old 09-25-2018, 09:01 AM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Waze now in CarPlay

Waze now in CarPlay.
Old 09-25-2018, 09:47 AM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
Waze is the greatest thing ever invented... Can't wait until they finally get Android Auto on the RDX
Old 09-26-2018, 04:20 PM
WayTooManyAcuras

Received 481 Likes on 223 Posts
I tried Waze today in my RDX. It was interesting, but there were a lot of issues. I wonder how others are finding it's use.

1) It's nice to see the Waze map on the car display
2) It's buggy. Probably on the count of the car, but I had numerous times where it just went dark and returned to the car menu. I had to unlug and replug the USB connector
3) The map is a bit wonky. It zooms in when you stop, zooms out on it's own at times, and it's not as good a view as if I had my phone on and was watching the map
4) The Apple Play controls are harder to use than the Acura menu touch pad. "Finding" the cursor (which you never see) is not easy, esp when you're driving.
5) Getting a phone call while in Apple Play be it Waze or Google Maps is more difficult than the native car interface
6) The Acura Infotainment System has a lot of bugs. On my way home today I did not use it. To me it's not worth it yet. Yes, I am glad I have it, but I am hoping they fix some of the bugs in the system to make it more desirable.

Like I said, what do the rest of you all think? Have you tried it?
Old 09-26-2018, 05:33 PM
Racer

Received 166 Likes on 107 Posts
Originally Posted by oblio98
I tried Waze today in my RDX. It was interesting, but there were a lot of issues. I wonder how others are finding it's use.

1) It's nice to see the Waze map on the car display
2) It's buggy. Probably on the count of the car, but I had numerous times where it just went dark and returned to the car menu. I had to unlug and replug the USB connector
3) The map is a bit wonky. It zooms in when you stop, zooms out on it's own at times, and it's not as good a view as if I had my phone on and was watching the map
4) The Apple Play controls are harder to use than the Acura menu touch pad. "Finding" the cursor (which you never see) is not easy, esp when you're driving.
5) Getting a phone call while in Apple Play be it Waze or Google Maps is more difficult than the native car interface
6) The Acura Infotainment System has a lot of bugs. On my way home today I did not use it. To me it's not worth it yet. Yes, I am glad I have it, but I am hoping they fix some of the bugs in the system to make it more desirable.

Like I said, what do the rest of you all think? Have you tried it?
The infotainment system navigation led me right into not one but two traffic accidents this morning while taking the car to the dealership. It never gave a route around the trouble and I made sure the Acura rep was made aware that the traffic system needs a better notification system than just a red line on the road. This is why I prefer using Google Maps or Waze as the information is instant and helps me avoid these issues
Old 09-26-2018, 07:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I tried to pull Waze up today but it said I had to set up a destination my phone. Is that right? You can’t just see the map without a trip planned?
Old 09-26-2018, 09:03 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was able to navigate using my favorites, which are saved in my phone; have not tried navigating any other way.