Can't figure out how heated seats work

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2019, 09:55 AM
Racer

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts
Can't figure out how heated seats work

Yes I can turn them on and off, but the heated seats are a bit quirky and was not sure if this was by design. I like to run them at full power (3 leds) pretty much all the time in winter, but I find that the vehicle lowers this down to 2 leds often without my input at all. What's even more odd is that sometimes on turning the vehicle on I'll find the passenger seat at 3 leds, but I never turned it on, even on the previous drive. I don't use the automatic button at all so don't think that's it. Is there any way to keep the seats from automatically lowering the heat all the time?
Old 01-11-2019, 10:20 AM
Pro

Received 196 Likes on 124 Posts
The heated seats do not stay on high all the time. This is to prevent burning people. It’s states this in the manual. The car will periodically lower the temp and then go back to the high setting. As for the passenger heated seat coming on by its self, it will come on if the seat control is in auto and based on the internal temp in the cabin of the car. It’s it’s doing this with the auto function off I am at a loss. Read and check the manual it’s all explained there. You can even download the manual for free from Acura. Hope this helps.
The following users liked this post:
spinedoc777 (01-11-2019)
Old 01-11-2019, 10:31 AM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Heated seat turn on automatically when starting the car using remote start, in cold weather..
Old 01-11-2019, 10:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
I think it's because it's on auto. I like the auto function because it adjusts as the car warms up. You can turn auto off and it will not adjust but stay at whatever setting.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by kboo74656
The heated seats do not stay on high all the time. This is to prevent burning people. It’s states this in the manual. The car will periodically lower the temp and then go back to the high setting. As for the passenger heated seat coming on by its self, it will come on if the seat control is in auto and based on the internal temp in the cabin of the car. It’s it’s doing this with the auto function off I am at a loss. Read and check the manual it’s all explained there. You can even download the manual for free from Acura. Hope this helps.
Thanks, that makes sense, so if I leave it alone it will go back up to full heat.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Yotrek
Heated seat turn on automatically when starting the car using remote start, in cold weather..
That's the odd thing, the heated seats aren't going on when remote starting the vehicle, only after I press the start button even after it's been idling after a remote start. Just this morning I got in after a remote start and the seats were ice cold and didn't start heating until I pressed the start button. I wish Acuralink had an option to turn them on/off.
Old 01-11-2019, 03:28 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
When the AUTO mode is ON the auto heated/vented seats are designed to start out at the highest setting depending on how cold/ hot the interior temp is & then gradually turn off as it steps down from 3, 2 , 1 light(s). you can turn off by continuing to manually click the button & 1 click after the single light is on, it turns off. To turn back to AUTO push the AUTO button I've found no problems with them...
Old 01-11-2019, 03:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Mark S Long Island
When the AUTO mode is ON the auto heated/vented seats are designed to start out at the highest setting depending on how cold/ hot the interior temp is & then gradually turn off as it steps down from 3, 2 , 1 light(s). you can turn off by continuing to manually click the button & 1 click after the single light is on, it turns off. To turn back to AUTO push the AUTO button I've found no problems with them...
That's the thing, I don't have the auto mode on.
Old 01-11-2019, 06:56 PM
Drifting

Received 1,026 Likes on 716 Posts
I puf them in auto. Then when I get in, I say, damn this is cold. Then, as it warms um, I say, damn, this is getting hot, then it drops an LED. Then when it gets hot afain, it drops again. I am like, oh, heck it is cold out.

It works as well as one could expect, I guess.

I remember, as a kid, sitting in the back of my dad’s big old buick and yelling ‘put the heat on’ and my dad saying “shut up, it will come on when the engine gets hot” and I was like, yeah, who needs it then? I want it now.

Last edited by Madd Dog; 01-11-2019 at 07:01 PM.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Madd Dog
I puf them in auto. Then when I get in, I say, damn this is cold. Then, as it warms um, I say, damn, this is getting hot, then it drops an LED. Then when it gets hot afain, it drops again. I am like, oh, heck it is cold out.

It works as well as one could expect, I guess.

I remember, as a kid, sitting in the back of my dad’s big old buick and yelling ‘put the heat on’ and my dad saying “shut up, it will come on when the engine gets hot” and I was like, yeah, who needs it then? I want it now.
Lol nice. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment, I like 3 led heat on ALL the time. Man it feels really good on the hamstrings and low back. The heated seats are much toastier than on my previous Genesis.

Old 01-14-2019, 09:40 PM
Drifting

Received 587 Likes on 432 Posts
I think the Advance has less insulating padding because of the ventilated seats. I would have sear marks on my butt if I left the seat heaters on three LEDs.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:20 PM
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by spinedoc777
That's the odd thing, the heated seats aren't going on when remote starting the vehicle, only after I press the start button even after it's been idling after a remote start. Just this morning I got in after a remote start and the seats were ice cold and didn't start heating until I pressed the start button. I wish Acuralink had an option to turn them on/off.
Not on mine, the heated seat on upon entering the car and remind on even after I press start button, full three led’s..check again..unless because mine is Canadian model..