Whats The Worst Thing You Got Pulled Over For?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 11:01 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Billu99tl
I got pulled over right in front of my house in City of Pembroke Pines last week for the most rediculous reason:
3 Lane Road. 2 right lanes had 2 cop cars in each lane with lights tured on(Looked like they just got done with giving sumone a ticket ),
i was goign 25mph and moved all the way to left lane and passed them and in 2 seconds Gave me a ticket for $160 saying that its a new law that in 3 lane rd if 2 lanes have police cars, then 3rd lane traffic should come to a """"complete stop""""" before passing police cars! I was speachless!!!!1
WTF...
Old 10-11-2009, 05:02 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 439 Likes on 322 Posts
Originally Posted by LilHobbes
on a hw at night, there was a cop in front so we're all following the speed limit. the cop got off at the next exit and i took off doing around 90mph. next thing i know, lights were flashing behind me. turns out there was another cop behind. what a bummer.
same exact thing happened to my friend when i was in his car
Old 10-11-2009, 05:05 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 439 Likes on 322 Posts
haha i was reading through one of my other forums, its a gti forum and its a similar thread. One of the guys got pulled over and the cop just handed him tickets. He got tickets for exhaust being to loud, i think he also said his car was to low. But the funniest one was that he also got a ticket for his speedometer gauges having blue light. And for those of you that dont know a gti comes like that.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:53 PM
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 2 Posts
Well I after getting 3 tickets dismissed 2 months ago. I got pulled over 10/26/09 (which is at the end of the month, quota time for cops). I was coming home from class and road through this residential area and locked my cruise control at 30mph and i went down a somewhat hill and then switched over to my left lane because someone in front of me was braking considerably so I overtook him and then got back into the right lane and still going down hill applied my brakes because there was a light changing to red. As soon as I was about to make a complete stop there was a cop on the left shoulder, he turned his lights on and I pointed at myself and he told me to pull over. So I pulled over and he asked why i was pulled over and I said no. and he said "I clocked you going 49 mph back there and this is a 30 mph zone and you also got in front of this car with out using your turn signal". So I was like no I wasn't I was just avoiding a rear end collision and i got over in the other lane and he was like license and registration. He went to his car and he came back 10 minutes later with:

1) 15-19 miles over the posted speed limit
2) unsafe lane change
3) failure to use turn signal
4) aggressive driving

And it didn't have any price of the charges, all I got was a mandatory court date this coming Wednesday.

So I'm going to fight it Wednesday because all those charges were not real and he was basically meeting his quota.

And I was just about to get on I-95 to try out my new tires too!!

Last edited by bruistopher; 11-15-2009 at 10:54 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 11-15-2009, 11:05 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by xlost8
Well I after getting 3 tickets dismissed 2 months ago. I got pulled over 10/26/09 (which is at the end of the month, quota time for cops). I was coming home from class and road through this residential area and locked my cruise control at 30mph and i went down a somewhat hill and then switched over to my left lane because someone in front of me was braking considerably so I overtook him and then got back into the right lane and still going down hill applied my brakes because there was a light changing to red. As soon as I was about to make a complete stop there was a cop on the left shoulder, he turned his lights on and I pointed at myself and he told me to pull over. So I pulled over and he asked why i was pulled over and I said no. and he said "I clocked you going 49 mph back there and this is a 30 mph zone and you also got in front of this car with out using your turn signal". So I was like no I wasn't I was just avoiding a rear end collision and i got over in the other lane and he was like license and registration. He went to his car and he came back 10 minutes later with:

1) 15-19 miles over the posted speed limit
2) unsafe lane change
3) failure to use turn signal
4) aggressive driving

And it didn't have any price of the charges, all I got was a mandatory court date this coming Wednesday.

So I'm going to fight it Wednesday because all those charges were not real and he was basically meeting his quota.

And I was just about to get on I-95 to try out my new tires too!!
normally the cruise control on our cars (at least on my 03) when you set it, it will go to a lower gear (to use engine braking) if going down hill to try and keep you from going past the set speed
Old 11-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Keep It Simple in

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
^he disabled cruise control when he started braking ?

When I drive downhill on cruise control my speedo keeps going until I hit a flat spot and the speedo goes back to its set position.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:11 PM
Racer

^It didn't and when I looked at my speedometer that night to see how much speed I gained when I went down that hill I picked up 5 to 10 mph but the funny thing is I was braking in the process so I'm trying to figure out where did he get 49mph from? He clocked me at 49? If I was going 49mph I would of ran right past him am I correct?
Old 11-15-2009, 11:13 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SLushhYYY
^he disabled cruise control when he started braking ?

When I drive downhill on cruise control my speedo keeps going until I hit a flat spot and the speedo goes back to its set position.
Yes, cruise control does disable once you touch your brake pedal and I did just that a few feet before I approached the light and he said "I clocked you going 49 mph back there. I'm just trying to figure out if I got clocked for going 49 mph back there but when I went that same area that night and as I was going down hill all I was doing was 35 mph down that hill.

And slushhy you are correct the speedo does continue to change but once your back on flat surface it goes back to the correct speed limit unless you lock it at that higher speed once you were there.

Last edited by bruistopher; 11-15-2009 at 11:16 PM. Reason: added comments
Old 11-15-2009, 11:16 PM
Keep It Simple in

good luck in court.
Old 11-15-2009, 11:23 PM
Racer

I'm going to fight these charges, they don't make sense at all. And the end of the month quota for the cop that what this was all about. That's what happened to my last charges before. I always get these pointless charges just because my record is clean.

And these cops think I won't appear and watch me. I will tell my side (which is the truth) and if I lose oh well. Life isn't fair, move on. These cops are just annoying and just handing out tickets to the wrong people.

And whats funny he was so concerned with me 2 people that was in front of us ran the light. Now tell me if that's hilarious or not!
Old 11-16-2009, 12:50 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
81 in a 60 zone officer was nice and knocked it down for me. November 2006
Old 11-16-2009, 12:53 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts
Originally Posted by friesm2000
normally the cruise control on our cars (at least on my 03) when you set it, it will go to a lower gear (to use engine braking) if going down hill to try and keep you from going past the set speed
What he said, the automatic transmission car will auto downshift and back off of the throttle as needed
Old 11-16-2009, 12:15 PM
99 NBP tl

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Iv only been pulled over once, 80 in a 60. The cop let me go with a warning.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Keep It Simple in

82 in a 65= 400$ ticket
Old 11-16-2009, 02:44 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by YeuEmMaiMai
What he said, the automatic transmission car will auto downshift and back off of the throttle as needed
knew i wasn't crazy, and yeah it is called grade logic (annoying sometimes though)
Old 11-16-2009, 07:47 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by acurabum
Supid cops .! I just got pulled over for driving with my original fogs on ..
95$ ticket for not dimming it .
Anyone in Canada know if it's again the law to drive with fog on ..
yea right on my 1.6 el i awalys drove with my fogs on 3k hid never had a problem my bro has a teg with jdm front fogs are always on to but they probably think thats the drl lool
Old 11-17-2009, 05:11 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was driving from WA to VA for my spring break when i got pulled over in South Dakota for goin 80mph in a 75mph zone on the freeway. once he pulled me over i gave him all my info and license out of my glove box when he saw a little bottle of black leather cleaner from the dealership and was like oohh whats that. i was like um leather cleaner wanna see. then the cop pulled me out of the car and sat me next to him in his patrol car while he wrote me a warning citation. but the worst part of it was that he had a k9 in the backseat and started to tell me about the state bein a big drug-free state. so he continued to ask me if i had anything in the car that he should know about and i was like no. then he said so if i take my dog around your car hes not gonna smell anything.. of course i didnt want his f-ing dog tearin up my car for an eighth of herb so i told him yeah i got a lil bit of weed and a bowl thinkin i would only get a ticket. well he searched all through my car and finds like 7 pills and i get arrested, car impounded, and put in a jail that only had two other people in it with one jailer running it. long story short i had to wait all weekend to get bailed out cuz the western union didnt have the jail in the system. paid $1000 cash bond plus $600 to get my car back AND had to take two trips back to go to court with two years of probation. only advice never drive through S.D., you wont miss anything cuz its nothing but corn fields and indian reservations
Old 11-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well last friday night i was coming back from where everyone street races around my house..wso on my way home some guy kept trying to race me, and i had a buddy of mine in the car, so i decided to jus screw around with the car, well i drive an 2003 tl-s slammed with intake, headers, and test pipe, and the other car was a 2007 maxima, well he gunned it then i gunned it and got behind him well we were doing about 120, then i got next to him, and he decides to slam on the brakes and gets behind me, well turns out it was an undercover cop....well he pulls me over and tells me im going to jail for street racing a cop. he gets me out of the car and puts me in handcuffs..does the basics searches me and my friend, and the car...writes the racing ticket, then he tells me hes going to let me go, cause i stayed calm and and mature about the whole situation (im 19yrs old)..and throws the racing ticket away..im lucky for that...but the next day i go to the mall to buy a phone case and in the mall parking lot a fine lady cop gives me a ticket for not wearing a seat belt..some luck huh...well im pretty sure i deserve one ticket.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:53 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by 2001roxyCL
well last friday night i was coming back from where everyone street races around my house..wso on my way home some guy kept trying to race me, and i had a buddy of mine in the car, so i decided to jus screw around with the car, well i drive an 2003 tl-s slammed with intake, headers, and test pipe, and the other car was a 2007 maxima, well he gunned it then i gunned it and got behind him well we were doing about 120, then i got next to him, and he decides to slam on the brakes and gets behind me, well turns out it was an undercover cop....well he pulls me over and tells me im going to jail for street racing a cop. he gets me out of the car and puts me in handcuffs..does the basics searches me and my friend, and the car...writes the racing ticket, then he tells me hes going to let me go, cause i stayed calm and and mature about the whole situation (im 19yrs old)..and throws the racing ticket away..im lucky for that...but the next day i go to the mall to buy a phone case and in the mall parking lot a fine lady cop gives me a ticket for not wearing a seat belt..some luck huh...well im pretty sure i deserve one ticket.
but that racing tickit should have been voided anyways, because by the ways it sounds, they were instigating you (and like they were not speeding either), but at least the seat belt one was by a hot cop
Old 11-18-2009, 12:28 PM
Str8 Home built

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
i jus saw this thread and i had to jump in.. lol the stupidest thing i got pulled over for was for my licence plate light no being turned on... The cop pulled me over in front of kragen he was such a dick he didnt even let me go buy a bulb.. i told him idk it was of but i can buy in right now sence he pulled me over in front of Kragen.. He said HELL no and when he asked me for my licence, regestration and insurance. i had everything i just couldnt find my insurance paper i looked in the glove box, under my all seats, both of my visors and center consoul.. So that faget cop towed my car. Then the next day i went to the impound lot to get some stuff out i found my insurence paper it was between the the center consoul and the dash it slipped in there and it was nearly impossible to see that is was there.. At night i couldnt see in there only during the day it is a very thin gap between the dash and consoul.. Soo i had to pay $500 bucks to get my car out of the impound and i didnt have to pay for the ticket.. The cop said he was sorry and i told him to shove it..... this happened in a little town 20 miles away from were i live and if my friend wouldnt of driven by i would of ended up haveing to walk home all of my friends were out of town and so were my parents.... So that was a shitty thursday nite......
Old 11-18-2009, 02:01 PM
The Dumb One

Received 373 Likes on 249 Posts
i got pulled over for "having a suspicious car"

cop searched my car and kept asking if i had drugs and/or weapons at least 20 times.

he was so angered by the end of his search he ended up giving me tickets for things i was not guilty of.

1. search started at 5, ended around 6... it was dark by 6 so i got a driving with no headlights ticket.

2. i had an in dash head unit that was not on the entire time of the stop and i got an illegal audio/video ticket.

3. wreckless endangerment ticket (no reason at all) :tomato

needless to say i didnt pay a dime and brought my GF and her younger sister that were with me on the stop and we all testified seperately and the police officer was "disciplined" even though i was never told how.

some people amaze me
Old 11-19-2009, 07:29 PM
268hp 301tq @7.8psi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
in my 1991 vette i had speeding 148 in a 55 lost my license for 6 months
Old 11-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Keep It Simple in

^^brilliant
Old 11-19-2009, 08:39 PM
268hp 301tq @7.8psi

Originally Posted by SLushhYYY
^^brilliant
thats what happens when u give a vette to a 19 year old im 32 now and still speeding
Old 11-19-2009, 09:22 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by bowlgers
thats what happens when u give a vette to a 19 year old im 32 now and still speeding
who the f*** would give a vette to a 19 year old, especially as a daily driver (sounded like a daily driver at least)
Old 11-19-2009, 09:36 PM
Traded in my

^Agreed. Teenagers and fast cars do not ever equal anything good. I'm guess I just get lucky cuz everytime I'm speeding, something slows me down before I see a cop. Except for my reckless driving ticket but I'm pretty sure I'm being acquitted of that cuz the cop was a complete douchebag.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:05 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by '02_TL-S
^Agreed. Teenagers and fast cars do not ever equal anything good. I'm guess I just get lucky cuz everytime I'm speeding, something slows me down before I see a cop. Except for my reckless driving ticket but I'm pretty sure I'm being acquitted of that cuz the cop was a complete douchebag.
yeah i proable be dead with a car like that at 19,

and there is a good chance that they won't drop the tickit even if he was a douchebag, unless you can absolutly prove that you were not being reckless

know that saying "innocient until proven guilty" or whatever it is , it is more like "guilty until proven innocient"
Old 11-19-2009, 10:12 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
I got pulled over one time for NOTHING!

Literally nothing!

The cop didn't tell me why he pulled me over.

He asked for my license and registration.

Then he asked about the tint and what percent it was. Mind you, this dude pulled me over at NIGHT!!!!

Soooooooooooooo after about 20 minutes he was like yea you can go. After he asked me if I have ever been arrested or if I had any weapons or drugs in the car.

Then after he left, I was like "Wow he didn't even tell me why he pulled me over."

That night was terrible.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:22 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by TLin401
I got pulled over one time for NOTHING!

Literally nothing!

The cop didn't tell me why he pulled me over.

He asked for my license and registration.

Then he asked about the tint and what percent it was. Mind you, this dude pulled me over at NIGHT!!!!

Soooooooooooooo after about 20 minutes he was like yea you can go. After he asked me if I have ever been arrested or if I had any weapons or drugs in the car.

Then after he left, I was like "Wow he didn't even tell me why he pulled me over."

That night was terrible.
cause he proable cause with the tint being too dark, but anyways he was just being a pig and fishing for something/someone to bust
Old 11-19-2009, 10:23 PM
'13 Hyundai Sonata

Received 99 Likes on 91 Posts
My tint isn't even that dark.

I only have 30%.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:24 PM
Traded in my

yeah i proable be dead with a car like that at 19,

and there is a good chance that they won't drop the tickit even if he was a douchebag, unless you can absolutly prove that you were not being reckless

know that saying "innocient until proven guilty" or whatever it is , it is more like "guilty until proven innocient"
Naw I'm almost positive it's getting dropped. Just went to court for it yesterday and my attorney and I poked huge holes in the cop's testimony and account of the night. Plus it was my first ticket ever so, the judge we got is one if the more lenient ones and the reckless part of my driving coulda been avoided had the pig been doing his job the right way. I have another thread about what happened if you wanna know what went down and why I fought it. Basically cop tailed me for ~20 miles and I freaked out cuz he was in an unmarked car so I did some stupid shit. I guess it's been a good learning experience tho.
Old 11-19-2009, 10:27 PM
268hp 301tq @7.8psi

who the f*** would give a vette to a 19 year old, especially as a daily driver (sounded like a daily driver at least)
i had a 92 mustang gt too that was my daliy driver vette was a toy. ive always worked hard and plus everyone in my family is in the car biz.ive probly had 25 other cars sence then just bought 2 today 92 bmw 525 for whatever and a 07 camery for the wife love the auctionsby the way vettes still in the family its my uncles now and has a ls6 with a supercharger wish i still had it,crashed the mustang death by old lady t boned
Old 11-19-2009, 10:27 PM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by '02_TL-S
Naw I'm almost positive it's getting dropped. Just went to court for it yesterday and my attorney and I poked huge holes in the cop's testimony and account of the night. Plus it was my first ticket ever so, the judge we got is one if the more lenient ones and the reckless part of my driving coulda been avoided had the pig been doing his job the right way. I have another thread about what happened if you wanna know what went down and why I fought it. Basically cop tailed me for ~20 miles and I freaked out cuz he was in an unmarked car so I did some stupid shit. I guess it's been a good learning experience tho.
about 20 miles, that is a pretty long way, then yeah the judge might figure that is a little too long

btw: was it a state cop/pooper

also link please
Old 11-19-2009, 10:29 PM
B A N N E D

i had a 92 mustang gt too that was my daliy driver vette was a toy. ive always worked hard and plus everyone in my family is in the car biz.ive probly had 25 other cars sence then just bought 2 today 92 bmw 525 for whatever and a 07 camery for the wife love the auctionsby the way vettes still in the family its my uncles now and has a ls6 with a supercharger wish i still had it,crashed the mustang death by old lady t boned
mustang gt can also get moving too, just may not turn as well as the the vette
Old 11-19-2009, 10:34 PM
Traded in my

about 20 miles, that is a pretty long way, then yeah the judge might figure that is a little too long

btw: was it a state cop/pooper

also link please
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...=729004&page=1

That's what happened..it got long cuz a lotta stuff happened in 20 miles but I'm pretty sure it's all there. Cop said he paced me at 90mph while I was getting close to cars then slamming on my brakes then speeding up to get around them. How can he pace me if I'm doing all that? And isn't 90 in a 65 a good enough reason to pull me over as he says he "paced" me at?
Cop was a state pooper..a dickwad too according to my attorney. He looked like a fag too..one of the kids that got picked on in high school and then became a cop so he could feel like he had some power over others...joke
Old 11-19-2009, 10:57 PM
268hp 301tq @7.8psi

mustang gt can also get moving too, just may not turn as well as the the vette
ya the mustang was stroked and had a kenni bell supercharger,vette was a stock lt1 with a six speed but the civic i have is faster then both isnt that somthing.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:06 PM
B A N N E D

ya the mustang was stroked and had a kenni bell supercharger,vette was a stock lt1 with a six speed but the civic i have is faster then both isnt that somthing.
just means you like your really fast cars :, i want them
Old 11-20-2009, 06:40 PM
268hp 301tq @7.8psi

just means you like your really fast cars :, i want them
my favorite car is a clapped out 1988 porchse 924s that i have ill never get rid of that one
Old 11-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
ok got a couple good ones for you guys. the first one is prob. the best in my 9 year driving career.

1.) i was 16 driving my 1990 ford mustang 5.0 and all my buddies are in the car and were all smoked up. cops pulls up behind me so i turn right , which was out of his jurisdiction. anyways he pulls me over a mile later says i didnt use my turn signal. also says i smell like weed. i said yah i we all smoked a joint straight up but i dont have any weed in the car. him and 3 others cops search my car and ask for all my info and my friends info and then says GET. they let me go prob. cause i was truthfully up front and didnt find the bud that was stuff in my back seat.

2.) couple others pull overs just to harrass me for at age 16-17. prolly cause i had a mustang. two for cerfew others for no reason.

3.) DUI at age 20 going down a one way street at college in some broads car. lost my license for a year cop said i refused a breathalizer meanwhile i did cooperate and blew a .088. the legal limit is .08 and i should i lost my license for no longer than 3 months.

4.) age 22 . i recieve two double over speeding tickets in my saturn 5 speed. god that car lasted forever and i beat he hell out of it (188k) one was 85 in a 45 mph which i was doing down a steep hill, by the time he pulled me over i was in my friends drive way getting out of my car and walking away from it. second one was a week later and the same cop instead i wasn't speeding. i was going about 30 in a 25. he claims 50 in a 25. should have recieved 3 points for each thus losing my license and taking classes. he knocks both of them down to something lower i recieve a few points which are currently all worked off my record. By the way i knew the cop for years and he doesn't like my brother but likes me so that prolly factored in.

5.) 2 months ago pulled over for regristration in my mailbu take it to court and get off.

3.)
Old 11-23-2009, 06:11 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
got one more. actually its my friend's story. me and my 2 friends go bar hopping. were all messed up and we pull in mcdonalds and this crackhead and his bitch jump in our car. My friend was cool and he where you going were drop you off. so we drop them off in the ghetto where they lived and later get pulled over. the cop asked about the two ppl and we said we didnt know them and they jumped in our car and they would get out. so we played it off cool but were all hammered so the cop says have you guys been drinking and the driver say "yes im pretty drunk actually". he gets out and is talking to cop about the ppl and my friend says "here i have some weed and a pipe you want this to" causally. the cop lets us go and we drive away???? by the way my friend is one of the craziest dudes out there too. smart thinking or just lucky??

Quick Reply: Whats The Worst Thing You Got Pulled Over For?