Secret Diagnostic Menu to 05 RL - Discovered

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2006 | 02:24 PM
Instructor

Secret Diagnostic Menu to 05 RL - Discovered

Secret Diagnostic Menu on 05 RL – Discovered

I have discovered a secret diagnostic menu on my 05 RL. You need to hit these 3 buttons at the same time and hold it for 5 seconds:

Map, Audio, Menu- hold all 3 buttons for 5 seconds; secret screen will show up…

You will get a very cool diagnostic screen. You can see how many satellites you are picking up (VERY COOL), you ca reprogram your nav, radio, change buttons settings, check the status of all electronics, correct screen settings, TPMS settings, and so much, much more…… It is very cool…………

Basically you can diagnose the problem your sell with out the tech…….In 5 or so years this might save you diagnostics fees….ahhahahaha

Enjoy…………..
Old 09-15-2006 | 02:47 PM
Instructor

Sorry I had a typo above............

HIT and hold at the same time:

Map, Cancel, Menu- hold all 3 buttons for 5 seconds; secret screen will show up…
Old 09-15-2006 | 03:01 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

That's always been available going back to the 2nd gen TLs. Just be careful when you're in there, you could really screw things up.
Old 09-15-2006 | 03:06 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GoHawks
That's always been available going back to the 2nd gen TLs. Just be careful when you're in there, you could really screw things up.
The RL's diag. menu is pretty idiot proof. You can't really screw things up here, maybe this was the case on the TL’s. It is more for diagnostics than anything.
Old 09-15-2006 | 03:38 PM
Senior Moderator

It's just as neat on the 3G TL. At times, I wish some of those screens were more easily accessible.

Moving to "audio" etc....
Old 09-18-2006 | 01:18 PM
Alpha Geek

I was able to get rid of some meaningless Diag messages that no one at the dealer could figure out how to delete using this little "feature."
Old 09-18-2006 | 03:43 PM
Burning Brakes

I tried this screen -- be careful, though!

I tried this screen and inadvertently answered a question that was lingering on my mind -- how do I get rid of breadcrumbs and such that leave a trail of where I've been?

In the diagnostic screen I selected the Hawaii region just for fun. When I exited, the system asked for my Nav code, which I entered. I noticed that the startup screen for Hawaii is a little different -- cleaner as there is no AcuraLink text.

When I returned back to the continental US setting, it asked for the NAV code again and all my previous configuration settings, previous destinations, and breadcrumbs were wiped out. If nothing else, you can cover your tracks!

I was really looking to see if there was a way (just for fun) to turn ANC on and off as in my Odyssey (using the radio buttons). Covering the front mike only results in weird noises.

Rob144
Old 09-18-2006 | 03:52 PM
2012 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe

Originally Posted by Rob144
I tried this screen and inadvertently answered a question that was lingering on my mind -- how do I get rid of breadcrumbs and such that leave a trail of where I've been?

In the diagnostic screen I selected the Hawaii region just for fun. When I exited, the system asked for my Nav code, which I entered. I noticed that the startup screen for Hawaii is a little different -- cleaner as there is no AcuraLink text.

When I returned back to the continental US setting, it asked for the NAV code again and all my previous configuration settings, previous destinations, and breadcrumbs were wiped out. If nothing else, you can cover your tracks!

I was really looking to see if there was a way (just for fun) to turn ANC on and off as in my Odyssey (using the radio buttons). Covering the front mike only results in weird noises.

Rob144

Well if you turn vehicle tracking off in the setup menu, and then back on, the breadcrumbs go away.
Old 09-20-2006 | 08:56 PM
Burning Brakes

I found the radio diagnostic (same as the Odyssey). With the radio off, press the 1 and 6 Preset keys together and (holding them down) press the power button. Now the 1-6 buttons access some sort of diagnostics. The 1 button toggles the ANC on and off. Another button causes all entries of the upper dash display to light up. Another button shows AMP status. One or two buttons do nothing.

Rob
The following users liked this post:
oo7spy (01-02-2017)
Old 06-07-2008 | 01:15 AM
Racer

any tried to mess with the shawd settings?
Old 06-10-2008 | 10:03 AM
Racer

did anyone do a system reset?
Old 10-16-2015 | 05:52 PM
1st Gear

How to turn off Self Diagnosis Mode

Looking for help in regard to my Acura RL 2005. Had this car for 10 years and for the first time I turned it on last week and this Self Diagnosis screen pops up as the default opening screen. Tried to correct this but I can only turn it off each time I drive the car. A little frustrating to say the least.

Any ideas out there to help me?
Old 10-26-2015 | 07:57 AM
9th Gear

I need Help...The volume of my Acura RL 2005 is pretty low when connecting to a call via bluetooth, even though the volume is at 40
Old 10-14-2018 | 01:54 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by andrewgg2
Secret Diagnostic Menu on 05 RL – Discovered

I have discovered a secret diagnostic menu on my 05 RL. You need to hit these 3 buttons at the same time and hold it for 5 seconds:

Map, Audio, Menu- hold all 3 buttons for 5 seconds; secret screen will show up…

You will get a very cool diagnostic screen. You can see how many satellites you are picking up (VERY COOL), you ca reprogram your nav, radio, change buttons settings, check the status of all electronics, correct screen settings, TPMS settings, and so much, much more…… It is very cool…………

Basically you can diagnose the problem your sell with out the tech…….In 5 or so years this might save you diagnostics fees….ahhahahaha

Enjoy…………..
I have the self Diagnosis screen pop up on my Acura RL 2005. I put the code in and I hit Diagnose. It just stays on detecting. How long does it take ?
Old 07-09-2021 | 04:06 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Mark-05Acura
I have the self Diagnosis screen pop up on my Acura RL 2005. I put the code in and I hit Diagnose. It just stays on detecting. How long does it take ?
2.5 years and counting?
The following users liked this post:
HEAVY_RL (07-12-2021)
Old 07-18-2021 | 02:27 PM
2007 LSM KB1 Tech w/CMBS

Originally Posted by Mark-05Acura
The diagnostic menu doesn't diagnose or clear OBDII codes, that takes a code reader. There are certain diagostic "messages" that can be cleared, you'll know you have a message when you see a little envelope in the upper right hand corner of the Nav screen.
Old 12-18-2023 | 04:17 PM
Intermediate

Issue with air conditioning tab of self-diagnosis feature

I have a 2008 RL that may have a problem with the Climate Control. I was trying to track down a parasitic drain issue, after I got a check engine light code-emissions (which disappeared after installing a new gas cap and vacuum sensor at the engine head. I took the car into a Honda dealer to ask them to unplug the hands-free module. They disconnected something in the overhead panel. The check engine light went out for a couple of days, then it came back on. All I could see in the manual about connections in that area was the "drive Home" function. I have not taken that panel off to check if they actually did disconnect that module. At home, I disconnected the battery ground lead, and got the Hands-free module behind the kick panel unplugged. I then turned on the ignition and checked functioning of everything. The climate control section would do nothing, no lights, nothing. The self-diagnostic screen showed nothing under the aircon tab.

After several days with the battery disconnected, the battery test showed 12.58 volts, and over 14 volts with the engine running, and no codes. The climate control system seems to be working OK now, after doing the fix shown in the RL manual. Then I tried the self-diagnosis screen. Under the "aircon" label, nothing shows up at all, again. All the other labels show detecting or something going on. That does not seem normal to me.

Can anyone check their aircon tab and let me know what it says? Or any ideas what is going on or not going on?

Thanks.