Thanks! I missed the post #222.
Old 11-25-2020, 03:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2019 RDX Advance wiper motor replacement
Old 11-27-2020, 09:23 PM
2nd Gear

Hello Dave, I'm a new member of this Acurazine site. I busted my RDX 2018 Passenger Side View Mirror.
I'm looking for the 2018 RDX Service Manual so I can DYI since the dealer ask for my left leg to fix it.
I saw a couple video online but like to check the manual for more details lay out of how this thing go together.
Thank you.
jbspeedrdx
Old 11-27-2020, 11:12 PM
2nd Gear

Dave,
Also diagram on how to remove RDX passenger door panel to replace the side view mirror, thanks.
Old 12-04-2020, 01:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 411 Likes on 250 Posts
Dave, we already have the sheets for the Under-Hood and Under-Dash Fuse/Relay Box locations, but when looking at the Power Distribution sheet (wring schematics, fuses, etc), they mention Relay Holder B, Relay Holder C and maybe more.

Where are these located. I am sure Acura has a sheet showing the whole vehicle showing locations.

No big rush on this.
Old 12-26-2020, 06:33 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Fog Light Installation Kit 2014 RDX

Hello Dave and thank you for this wealth of knowledge.

I was wondering if you had the file or instruction sheet for installing the factory fog light kit on a 2014 Acura RDX?

Any assistaase would be greatly appreciated!
Old 12-30-2020, 10:19 PM
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello everyone. I am experiencing the occasional judder on my wife's 17 RDX. So far I only did 1 AT drain/refill cycle (33500 miles). Though the problem still happens randomly. It never happens when I am driving the vehicle. I have spoke to the tech at Acura and he said 3rd gear pressure regulator is a common problem that should fix this. I know there are 2 service bulletins related to this problem as well 017-17 and 017-18 or something like that. I wasn't able to find the location of 3rd gear pressure regulator on the transmission. In fact when I pull transmission diagram in online catalog I don't see any page that shows where different pressure regulators are located. Can someone help me identify where it is located or even better if there are any instructions on how to replace it. Thanks in advance. I have downloaded all pdf files that have been shared here by Dave (thank you).
Old 12-30-2020, 10:40 PM
Pro

Received 153 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by tpaxadpom
Hello everyone. I am experiencing the occasional judder on my wife's 17 RDX. So far I only did 1 AT drain/refill cycle (33500 miles). Though the problem still happens randomly. It never happens when I am driving the vehicle. I have spoke to the tech at Acura and he said 3rd gear pressure regulator is a common problem that should fix this. I know there are 2 service bulletins related to this problem as well 017-17 and 017-18 or something like that. I wasn't able to find the location of 3rd gear pressure regulator on the transmission. In fact when I pull transmission diagram in online catalog I don't see any page that shows where different pressure regulators are located. Can someone help me identify where it is located or even better if there are any instructions on how to replace it. Thanks in advance. I have downloaded all pdf files that have been shared here by Dave (thank you).
There are two service bulletins on this, neither can be done yourself as they require a software update. The 3x slid change is a part of it you could do. However, There is a warranty extension for these services, to 8 years/80k

http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B17-017.PDF
http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B17-018.PDF

Once again, I apologize to Dave for the thread highjack. The failure of a 3rd gear pressure switch under 100k is rare. The Judder and its fix are not.
Old 12-31-2020, 04:46 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by egads
There are two service bulletins on this, neither can be done yourself as they require a software update. The 3x slid change is a part of it you could do. However, There is a warranty extension for these services, to 8 years/80k

http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B17-017.PDF
http://www.urvi.net/forumfiles/SB/B17-018.PDF

Once again, I apologize to Dave for the thread highjack. The failure of a 3rd gear pressure switch under 100k is rare. The Judder and its fix are not.
Thank you for the links egads. Though back to my original question, I would really appreciate if someone can help me find where the third gear pressure switch is located.

As I have mentioned in my original post I am very familiar with those survice bulletins. Taking it back to a dealer is a waste of time as they won't be able to reproduce the problem. If they cannot reproduce the problem and log it I will have to pay for the transmission update as Acura USA won't cover it without the log file. It is possible my car has already been updated (unlikely) but it will cost me the diagnostic fee to find out. I have called 2 Acura dealerships and 1 Honda dealership to get an idea of what it cost to perform software update. All 3 had different quotes with honda being the highest. I would rather purchase the cable and flash it myself though reading comments on various forums this is not going to cure the problem http://escapingthemidwest.com/jerky-acura-rdx/ so I don't to waste my time with this. Acura tech told me the third gear pressure switch is a very common problem on this vehicles.
17-017 is asking to update transmission software (some reported tranny won't be switching as smooth anylonger) and put 10 bottles of ATF (drain/refill)
17-018 is basically if you have done 17-017 and still have jerks, then simply drain and fill another 10 bottles of ATF. This is the most ridiculous solution I have ever seen. Basically change ATF every time you fill up the gas tank.

I bought this vehicle because it had 6 speed automatic transmission and naturally aspirated engine. Both being ancient technologies that are supposed to be reliable. Too bad I haven't done enough research (I thought I did) and trusted consumer report and various youtube/online reviews. It is funny that I can find any info on BMW (I am BMW owner as well as Acura owner) and can perform software updates with $25 cable. For Acura there is very little info and the cable cost a fortune and I cannot even find those switches on the parts diagram. A quick search reveal that 6 speed autos from honda (ridgeline, odyssey...) all have this problem. Looks like a design flaw they try to cover and instead of doing recall covering their rear end with service bulletins.

Since the problem goes away after power cycle it points to some kind of electrical/software problem. ATF characteristics don't change after you restart the engine so I don't see how draining/refilling ATF (17-018) could fix it. The transmission fluid had no smell when I replaced it. Also the jerking is gone when one switches to S mode (from D mode). I wish it at least threw some kind of error, this intermittent problems are the worst to have... I am very tempted to sell this vehicle but the wife wants to keep it (her car).
Old 12-31-2020, 06:43 PM
Pro

The change in the bulletin is actually what they have to do to get it covered under warranty. I also have an Odyssey and am aware of the pressure switch problems.
I recommend both the software update/fluid change and replacing the switch if that separate issue arises.
Here is a thread from the Odyclub about changing the switch. The first post there has a link to the behavior of a failing press switch.
It is different from the "judder" the software and fluid change addresses. Hope his videos help.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:14 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by egads
The change in the bulletin is actually what they have to do to get it covered under warranty. I also have an Odyssey and am aware of the pressure switch problems.
I recommend both the software update/fluid change and replacing the switch if that separate issue arises.
Here is a thread from the Odyclub about changing the switch. The first post there has a link to the behavior of a failing press switch.
It is different from the "judder" the software and fluid change addresses. Hope his videos help.
thanks for the reply I didn't see the link to the the thread though.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:50 PM
Pro

https://www.odyclub.com/threads/tran.../#post-2292713

Not sure how I missed that.
The following users liked this post:
tpaxadpom (01-01-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 08:56 PM
Strike Hold

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi Dave,

Not sure if you're still around or if you got tired of all the banter on this thread. I'm looking for trouble shooting steps and the hose routing for the rear windshield washer fluid. I've got a leak somewhere as I"m not getting any spray to the rear and when I filled up the reservoir it drains down to the bottom line. The leak is somewhere at the right front tire area, but I can't see where the hose is supposed to be or even where it comes out of the reservoir. Thank you!
Old 03-23-2021, 04:37 PM
Instructor

Received 192 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by DUCRDX
Hi Dave,

Not sure if you're still around or if you got tired of all the banter on this thread. I'm looking for trouble shooting steps and the hose routing for the rear windshield washer fluid. I've got a leak somewhere as I"m not getting any spray to the rear and when I filled up the reservoir it drains down to the bottom line. The leak is somewhere at the right front tire area, but I can't see where the hose is supposed to be or even where it comes out of the reservoir. Thank you!
Hello DUCRDX,

I'm still here, We lost my access to the manuals, budget cuts It was either Jobs or cut the overhead.
I am working on another solution. Hopefully I will have some good news soon

The following 2 users liked this post by dave08902:
DUCRDX (03-24-2021), Kelsen (03-23-2021)
Old 03-23-2021, 09:10 PM
alexmed2002

Received 154 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by dave08902
Hello DUCRDX,

I'm still here, We lost my access to the manuals, budget cuts It was either Jobs or cut the overhead.
I am working on another solution. Hopefully I will have some good news soon
That's a bummer. Hopefully something pans out!
Old 04-06-2021, 02:44 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hi Dave,
hope you are well,
edit: nvm, read about access to the manual. thanks anayways
would you be able to get me info on how to get to 74970-TX4-A11 (power tailgate control unit), believe its somewhere on the driver-size quarter panel at the back. RDX 2017
Old 04-09-2021, 02:42 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by tool001
hi Dave,
hope you are well,
would you be able to get me info on how to get to 74970-TX4-A11 (power tailgate control unit), believe its somewhere on the driver-size quarter panel at the back. RDX 2017
You are right, it is under the panel on the drivers side, just use a plastic panel tool and pop panel off.

I may have posted that in the past. try searching back.
Old 04-12-2021, 02:20 PM
Instructor

[QUOTE=tool001;16707109]hi Dave,
hope you are well,
would you be able to get me info on how to get to 74970-TX4-A11 (power tailgate control unit), believe its somewhere on the driver-size quarter panel at the back. RDX 2017[

I was wrong about previously posting the power tailgate. I finally had some time to go thru the posts and I didn't see it. I did remember saving the information and I found it in my archives.

Sorry for the error.

Dave
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
POWER TAILGATE SYSTEM 1.pdf (1.08 MB, 373 views)
DUCRDX (04-12-2021)
Old 05-04-2021, 04:10 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by tpaxadpom
Since I wasn't able to find the DIY guide on 3rd gear clutch pressure switch I did it myself and took some pictures along the way. Here it is in case someone needs it.
DUCRDX (05-07-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 04:42 PM
1st Gear

Hi all,

If you need any factory service manual data, please ask here and I will upload them.
Having all the service manual data in one location helps all users on this forum to locate them easily.

If you need other vehicles, I can fulfill your request but it may take a while. I will do this for other Acura vehicles only and on a limited basis.
Hope you understand, this is the second generation RDX forum.

Thank You
Hi Dave, do you have a FSM or equivalent for a 2014 ACURA RDX?
thanks
David Smith
Old 06-09-2021, 04:49 PM
Instructor

Hello David,

I do not have the entire FSM for any vehicle, I did have in the past online access to the manuals. I would only lookup individual requests and upload them. You can go through this thread as most of the common requests have been filled. I am still trying to find another source for manual data for this group.

Kelsen (06-09-2021)
Old 06-21-2021, 11:44 AM
2nd Gear

Hi Dave,

I have a 2017 Acura RDX I need the location of the EVAP vapor canister and canister vent shut off valve and how to remove and reinstall.

Thank you
Old 06-21-2021, 06:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 411 Likes on 250 Posts
Hi Dave, maybe this has been posted before, but I can't find it on my SSD on my PC as I usually save the files there.

I am looking for info on the removal & installatioin of the plastic trim where the rear-view mirror mounts. I could go at it carefully, but I'd sooner not break a tab, etc.
Old 07-13-2021, 10:26 PM
9th Gear

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi all,

If you need any factory service manual data, please ask here and I will upload them.
Having all the service manual data in one location helps all users on this forum to locate them easily.

If you need other vehicles, I can fulfill your request but it may take a while. I will do this for other Acura vehicles only and on a limited basis.

Thank You
Hello friend, I have a problem with the Harness of my RDX 2018, they have tried to steal the Radio, without sense, but they damaged the original wiring system, I only have one affected connector and the complete Harness is very expensive, there is a diagram of these parts and the Pinout of each Plug to find a less expensive resolution than removing the entire board and replacing the entire Harness, thank you very much.

Old 07-26-2021, 01:06 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by xaviersuira
Hello friend, I have a problem with the Harness of my RDX 2018, they have tried to steal the Radio, without sense, but they damaged the original wiring system, I only have one affected connector and the complete Harness is very expensive, there is a diagram of these parts and the Pinout of each Plug to find a less expensive resolution than removing the entire board and replacing the entire Harness, thank you very much.
I have service manual for radio with navigation (2013-2015) but I'm not able to attach it. I can send them by PM.
Kelsen (07-26-2021)
Old 07-26-2021, 03:46 PM
Instructor

Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
I'd love to have a digital copy of that manual, Atis.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me; I want people to know why I look this way. I've traveled a long way and some of the roads weren't paved.
Old 08-25-2021, 08:05 PM
3rd Gear

Smile RDX Service Manual Request-Center Console compartment

Hello

Thanks EVER so much for offering to provide service manual info as needed!!

I have a 2018 RDX and the center console compartment (could it be called a glove box?) latch has broken, so I'd like to see if you have an exploded view of how that latch is supposed to be attached to the compartment lid.

It would also be terrific is it showed part numbers for the latch and related items.

Many thanks!

Ken Newman
Old 08-26-2021, 04:26 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by kennewman
It would also be terrific is it showed part numbers for the latch and related items.
Latch part number is 83417-TX4-A01: https://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/...r_console.html
Old 08-27-2021, 09:45 AM
3rd Gear

Thanks atis!

That's it!

Much appreciated!!
Old 09-04-2021, 09:34 AM
2nd Gear

Hi all,

Thank You
Hi Dave,
I am looking for a 2011 Acura RDX rear view camera circuit diagram. This is where the rear camera connects to the navigation unit. Would like to see wire coloring and the connector pin out. Specifically looking for the 2011 model, since it is different from 2007-2009 that is shown in the service manual that can be easily found online. Is this something you can share? Thank you
Old 09-23-2021, 12:06 AM
1st Gear

Hi! Didmoroz1!
in gen1 2010+ camera is attached to monitor, not to navi unit like in 07-09, colors are the same. also i'll send you PM with good link for our custom android install

Old 10-25-2021, 05:22 AM
Cruisin'

Hyperflash front turn signals

Hello Dave, thank you for all you do.

I was wondering if you could please send or post the information for the 2014 RDX turn signal wiring diagram.

If I recall from my Pilot, the wire I need to install the hyperflash resistor has dash marks on it and not solid colored, but I want to be certain.

Thank you in advance!
Old 10-27-2021, 11:15 AM
5th Gear

What about 2013 RDX Knock Sensor replacement
Old 11-04-2021, 08:45 AM
5th Gear

Knock sensor location

Where is the knock sensor location for 2013 rdx and how is it replaced

Thank You[/QUOTE]
Old 11-05-2021, 05:51 AM
Instructor

Dave lost his access to the service manual data some time ago, unfortunately.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
"A man is not old until regrets take the place of dreams." -- John Barrymore
Old 11-05-2021, 09:21 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by cnwakobi
Where is the knock sensor location for 2013 rdx and how is it replaced
Knock sensor location: https://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/...0-rna-a01.html and video:

Last edited by atis; 11-05-2021 at 09:29 AM.
Old 11-05-2021, 09:55 AM
'17 RDX Tech AWD - WDP

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Kelsen

RFT!!!
When you read the first post in a thread and says "ask for help", that's what people do. It isn't reasonable to expect someone to read through hundreds or posts in a thread to learn that the OP's access to the data is no longer available.

On the other hand, searching for the information related to the ask across ALL of the forums is something that folks can do.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:25 AM
Instructor

I agree. That's why I told him about it. I fail to understand what you are on about.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
Children, your performance was miserable. Your parents will all receive phone calls instructing them to love you less.
Old 11-05-2021, 05:38 PM
Instructor

Ah; re-reading this, I suspect you took 'RFT' to mean 'Read the Thread'. It does not, and is the closing of all my messages. It means, "Roll Tide". I have been a fan of the Crimson Tide for decades.

RFT!!!
Dave Kelsen
--
One brother will fight as hard as ten neighbors.
Old 12-16-2021, 09:44 AM
10th Gear

Hi Dave,
Thank you for your hard work here. If available, please share the installation instructions for '72147-TX4-A61' for this part.

Quick Reply: RDX Factory Service Manual Requests