2013 RDX Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 08:36 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by C0rrion
Hey everyone,

I wanted to thank everyone in this thread for making my first-time buying process a lot easier, especially QuakerWildcat. I drove off Sunday in a 2013 Acura RDX w/ Tech in Graphite Luster Metallic / Ebony, including Roof Rails and Protection Package.

I originally wanted no accessories, but the dealer gave me $1000 off MSRP, no destination fee, dealer price for the accessories (around $1000), and an extra $1000 for my 2003 Honda Accord. It was the best price I could get after asking around five dealers in Orange County, CA, especially since the 2013 models don't sit in the dealer lot for long!

I'll post pictures in the gallery in a bit, but I wanted to thank everyone and share my experience.
Hi,
Do you mind sharing which dealer you went to? I am in Orange County too.
Thanks,
Old 06-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I purchased from Acura of Serramonte for $1500 off MSRP. The salesperson I worked with was friendly, polite (not pushy) and had me out of the showroom in about an hour from start to finish. If anyone is interested just let me know and I would be glad to give you his name.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by tk15
Hi,
Do you mind sharing which dealer you went to? I am in Orange County too.
Thanks,
South Coast Acura, I dealt with Jim Lee, who is the Fleet Manager / Internet Manager. I requested a quote off their website, and it was Jim who responded.

FYI, he told me that there are only three Graphite AWD RDXs w/ tech left in SoCal, and two of them had various accessories. The only base model was in Tustin Acura, which is the one I test drove, but they weren't willing to go below MSRP. If you go to Tustin Acura, ask for Abe, super nice guy.

Misty Gonzalez (Internet Sales Director) at Riverside Acura was also willing to match South Coast Acura's price, but from what Jim told me, she didn't have any of the Graphite RDX AWD Tech in stock.
The following users liked this post:
tk15 (06-06-2012)
Old 06-06-2012, 03:10 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by C0rrion
South Coast Acura, I dealt with Jim Lee, who is the Fleet Manager / Internet Manager. I requested a quote off their website, and it was Jim who responded.

FYI, he told me that there are only three Graphite AWD RDXs w/ tech left in SoCal, and two of them had various accessories. The only base model was in Tustin Acura, which is the one I test drove, but they weren't willing to go below MSRP. If you go to Tustin Acura, ask for Abe, super nice guy.

Misty Gonzalez (Internet Sales Director) at Riverside Acura was also willing to match South Coast Acura's price, but from what Jim told me, she didn't have any of the Graphite RDX AWD Tech in stock.
Ok, thanks. I will keep that in mind. I have checked Tustin too but they are not aggressive to pursue me. Only Weir Canyon tried to go $1300 below MRSP but I had to add destination. Another nice dealer is Jim from Mission Viejo who was willing to match Weir Anyone's price.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 AM
7th Gear

RDX is selling really well.
Acura
- Total Acura sales of 14,586 units were up 62.1 percent, making this Acura’s best month since December of 2010
- The RDX had its best sales month ever (3,301 units), with May 2012 sales up 216.8 percent. The RDX is expected to be at the top of the compact luxury SUV segment

I think we will not see 3k-4k discounts for a while...
Old 06-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by digitalusa
RDX is selling really well.
Acura
- Total Acura sales of 14,586 units were up 62.1 percent, making this Acura’s best month since December of 2010
- The RDX had its best sales month ever (3,301 units), with May 2012 sales up 216.8 percent. The RDX is expected to be at the top of the compact luxury SUV segment

I think we will not see 3k-4k discounts for a while...
I can see why it is selling so well. I looked at several other options, GLK, xc60 and x3. When you put the RDX next to them its an amazing deal on a great looking, luxurious and sporty suv. To be honest I had not looked at Acura before and was pulled over from the german camp. I will not be the only one.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:28 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Does anyone from Canada wish to share their pricing they received when buying? Either post or PM would be great.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:24 AM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
It looks like it's not hard to get at least $1500+ off. I have a feeling Acura wanna make some headline news and break some records with RDX and is giving the dealers extra incentives to sell as many as RDXs possible.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought the AWD Tech package 2013 RDX for 37,300. Awesome deal considering the car just came out. Perhaps because I bought tons of accessories (complete wood trim, floor mats, roof rails, accessory tires). I had to bargain a lot, but in the end it worked out well.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
mpd210.....Uhhh...I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that purchase price. The MSRP for an AWD, Tech. RDX is $40,315. The Invoice is $38,260. So, you are saying you paid $960 BELOW Invoice for an AWD, Tech. RDX?? Uhhh....are you sure you have all the facts straight here? I'm just saying...I've been all over the internet, plus did my own shopping and buying....and that is not a price I could ever dream to get or to get that much below invoice on any car. I've paid $100 to $200 over invoice for many cars over the years. But for a new RDX that is hotter than hot right now...it doesn't make sense for any dealer to sell one that low....despite what you spent on "extras."

Where was this....so I can cancel my incoming RDX purchase and go WHEREVER you bought this one!!
Old 06-11-2012, 11:50 AM
Cruisin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought it from Bridgewater Acura in Bridgewater, NJ.
That's the exact price I paid before accessories, taxes, processing fees, etc.
Now, my father bought a car as well. He bought a brand new 2012 MDX tech and entertainment package for 47,500. Again before all the other stuff. Now that car I know the dealer gets some money back because my dad had another luxury car. They admitted that they weren't making much money on the mdx deal but were making some money with the installation fees of all the accessories, etc.
I used the fact that we were buying two cars as leverage. I also put several dealers in price competition with eachother over the phone. I think dealerships are competitive and don't like to lose sales to other dealerships. Especially since all our car servicing for both cars would be at Bridgewater now.
Those two prices were amazing I know. I have no reason to lie on a forum with people I don't know. Those were the exact prices I bargained for. You can talk to a guy named Eddie M. at the Bridgewater Dealership if you like. Maybe even make the same deal. The number is on their website.
Old 06-11-2012, 01:10 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Without getting into the exact dollars and cents of each accessory, I think it's really hard to know what you really paid for the car as I'm sure the salesman built in some re-coup of the excellent price listed for the vehicle itself in the accessories. Especially since the wood trim and roof rails are installation-type accessories.

Don't get me wrong, it does sound like you did really well - I just don't think Bridgewater (or anyone else) would ever quote 37,300 to anyone for that car without all the other components of your deal.
Old 06-11-2012, 08:21 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
If he is paying MSRP + install for the accessories, I guess it's possible to get the car for $37300. When I got my 12 SH-AWD RDX with TECH package few months ago, I paid $34600 with "free" roof rack, spash guards and wheel locks. All these 3 accessories probably cost the dealer less than $200. The installed price for these 3 things are close to $1k. I guess I can tell people that I paid ~$33600 for my car.
Old 06-12-2012, 12:14 AM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by mpd210
I bought it from Bridgewater Acura in Bridgewater, NJ.
That's the exact price I paid before accessories, taxes, processing fees, etc.
Now, my father bought a car as well. He bought a brand new 2012 MDX tech and entertainment package for 47,500. Again before all the other stuff. Now that car I know the dealer gets some money back because my dad had another luxury car. They admitted that they weren't making much money on the mdx deal but were making some money with the installation fees of all the accessories, etc.
I used the fact that we were buying two cars as leverage. I also put several dealers in price competition with eachother over the phone. I think dealerships are competitive and don't like to lose sales to other dealerships. Especially since all our car servicing for both cars would be at Bridgewater now.
Those two prices were amazing I know. I have no reason to lie on a forum with people I don't know. Those were the exact prices I bargained for. You can talk to a guy named Eddie M. at the Bridgewater Dealership if you like. Maybe even make the same deal. The number is on their website.
woah, that might explain the low RDX price, 47500 for an mdx tech and entertainment is pretty high...almost msrp and with the discounts offered on 12 mdx's...he made money on that...sounds like that is how you were able to get the rdx for a lower price...but not so low that he didnt make money off of that one as well...dealers...got to love them...or not.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Hey Bayman.......The base price for a new MDX Tech. and Ent. Pkg is: $48,605. Add the delivery charge of $895 and that totals; $49,500. That's without any exterior or interior accessories. So, if the man bought this vehicle $2,000 below MSRP then that is not too bad. True, MDX's can be bought with some decent discounts since there are more of them and they'be been out awhile. I priced a completely loaded one for over $58,000 and found discounts of around $5,000.

But, your example is a little off. $47,500 is not "almost MSRP." These numbers are very easy to find. Just go to the Acura web site. They show the MSRP of each Acura model and then add the mandatory delivery cost. That's one starting point.

Then find out the Invoice Cost. I always negotiate from the Invoice Cost...never down from the MSRP.

Hope this puts this all in proper perspective with actual numbers. I still think that price for the RDX is way off...they are essentially giving that one away, and that does not make sense in this current RDX climate.
Old 06-12-2012, 02:21 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
I can't remember who, but somebody over in the MDX forum got a new MDX/Tech for something like $40,700. MSRP I think is around $47k-$48k for that, isn't it? I don't think there was a trade-in involved, but I could be wrong. Some dealers seem to be giving those things away.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:20 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
Hey Bayman.......The base price for a new MDX Tech. and Ent. Pkg is: $48,605. Add the delivery charge of $895 and that totals; $49,500. That's without any exterior or interior accessories. So, if the man bought this vehicle $2,000 below MSRP then that is not too bad. True, MDX's can be bought with some decent discounts since there are more of them and they'be been out awhile. I priced a completely loaded one for over $58,000 and found discounts of around $5,000.

But, your example is a little off. $47,500 is not "almost MSRP." These numbers are very easy to find. Just go to the Acura web site. They show the MSRP of each Acura model and then add the mandatory delivery cost. That's one starting point.

Then find out the Invoice Cost. I always negotiate from the Invoice Cost...never down from the MSRP.

Hope this puts this all in proper perspective with actual numbers. I still think that price for the RDX is way off...they are essentially giving that one away, and that does not make sense in this current RDX climate.
ok ok you got me i was lazy to go look it up, but my point is even at 2k off of msrp for an mdx is high right now...and if you dispute that, there is proof on other auto forums that the going rate is a 4-5k off without trying to hard and without accessories (and from what i recently paid), so paying only 2k off is not exactly the dealer not making money. Granted, i am sure location has something to do with it, but i was trying to provide some insight as to how/why the dealer was able to let the rdx go at a low price, might have something to do with the fact that he made money on the mdx.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:48 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

That's fine. The "going rate" is a relative term....like you say it will depend on the location and the specific dealer. 4 to 5k off a "lower priced model" seems a little much. I've seen that much off of a loaded one with an MSRP of $58k plus. So, anyway.....we can close this issue I'm sure. I don't think anyone here knows exactly what was paid for that RDX. I still think that price was way, way low....even though some money was made on the MDX. I've been a part of the car business in the past and you just don't "give away one car" because you made a little money on another one. Just not good business. Especially, again, since the RDX is a hot item right now.

Take care. And I think the RDX is a winner, and I don't even have mine yet! Hope I'm not wrong.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
What do you guys think of this offer?

Base: $32,813
W/Tech: $36,540
Old 06-25-2012, 01:03 PM
7th Gear

Hi MichaelSF,

Can you let me know what is the name for the sales people. Since i will get the RDX soon. Also are u get the AWD/Tech package or not.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2012, 06:11 PM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
This thread should be closed. Too much BS going on! Too many people comparing apples to avocados.

Jim
Old 06-25-2012, 10:49 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

I agree. I tried to "help out" a couple of folks here with a realistic look at pricing. But, I think this thread has pretty much run the course.
Old 06-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by blkboyan
Hi MichaelSF,

Can you let me know what is the name for the sales people. Since i will get the RDX soon. Also are u get the AWD/Tech package or not.

Thanks
Yeah glad to tell. His name is Chris Reade. Great guy and the first time I will give a positive Yelp review to any car dealer! If you want additional info drop me a pm.
I purchased the base,fwd.

Last edited by MichaelSF; 06-26-2012 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:47 PM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Suggestions on negotiating for accessories

New to the site, appreciate all the good info, and looking forward to becoming a fellow RDX owner.

Looking at a number of the accessories available on RDX's in the States, trying to determine what a reasonable discount is off the full price. I've seen the posts that speak to Bernardi and others on the web being as much as 20-25% below the dealerships prices, hoping to get a sense of what others have been able to negotiate.

Currently have a deposit on a Basque Red AWD with Tech Package. To be built in early July, and delivered in late July per the dealer. Looking at hitch, BSMs, the full wood kit, accessory wheels, remote start, plus mats/covers/liners type stuff. Per the dealer list of accessories, could be looking at as much as 5-6K, particularly if I pull the trigger on the wheels which seem very pricey at 2400ish. Getting 10-15% would be ideal, any ideas on approaches that work? Haven't bought a new car in a loooong time so open to suggestions!
The following users liked this post:
dj_segfault (07-22-2012)
Old 06-28-2012, 11:07 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

The optional RDX wheels are listed at an MSRP for $2,400, but, you can buy them at Bernardi's for 25% off. Still expensive, in my mind, but never pay dealer prices when you don't have to.

I bought all my accessories from Bernardi's. 25% off the MSRP and by buying all items I wanted in one shipment the UPS ground shipping was not that bad. I got them in 4 days from Boston to Colorado. No complaints. Bernardi's is an Acura dealer.
Old 06-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts
Bernardi's is actually local for me, as I am also in Boston....they in fact have a very annoying jingle associated with their TV ads that sticks in your head... Wonder if I could get the same price showing up at their dealership and save on shipping?

So for some items, like mats/covers/liners, this route makes sense since there is no real install...they are also the cheapest options at a $100 or so each. I'm not convinced I could or should do say the wood steering wheel or shifter installs, the hitch, even the body side mouldings probably exceeds my skill set. The wheels probably make sense to purchase from Bernardi, or at least tell my dealer that that is my approach unless they can match the price. Given it is a local competitor, that could work.

I guess part of this comes down to skill set (limited) and wanting to be able to blame someone else if the install goes south! It sounds like I should pay particular attention for example to the hitch install since it sounds like they need to notch the bumper cover a little bit?

In any event, I appreciate your feedback, and will report back on any luck in negotiating these down at the dealer.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
I would definitely point out that any dealer-installed accessories put on prior to delivery get a 50,000 mile warranty. Clearly that's just about useless on floor mats and the like but it's definitely a plus for the bigger ticket items.

The biggest challenge is getting a fair price from the dealer on them - since they know that you can include them in financing and thats the only way to get them covered under the 50k warranty.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:51 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Yes, I'm fully aware of the dealer installed accessories get the full new car warranty. But, the items that I've put on...no big deal really. It's a personal decision....save money...whether financed or not...still saving a lot if buying outside the dealer that sold you the vehicle. Even the RDX optional wheels....I'd buy them at Bernardi's. But, that's me. The quality of Honda wheels are high. Rare for one to "fail." Most issues are are with the driver's themselves hitting, scrapping curbs or driving through huge pot holes. My daughter blew out a wheel on her TSX one year in a huge pot hole at night. Her only recourse on that issue was to file a claim against the city...which has been known to pay for such damage. Long story...short...a fight over IF if was in the city or the county!! She never got any moneys.
Old 07-02-2012, 02:01 PM
6th Gear

I just purchased a 2013 RDX AWD base (w/o tech) for 33535 (36,500 out the door including taxes and all fees) with free all season mats in NJ. I think I got a good deal. Comments?
Old 07-02-2012, 02:47 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Hey chaukka....I don't know if you accidently put the wrong numbers down in your post....but, here's the facts on the MSRP's of the RDX.

'13 RDX, AWD, no tech.......MSRP.......$35,720 PLUS the $895 for delivery..that totals...$36,615!!! BEFORE any taxes, etc.
So, your figure of $33,535 for an AWD...no Tech....just can't happen. $3,080 UNDER MSRP is what you are saying??!!! Not happening. So, your information is not correct. I'd bet my RDX on that.

What am I missing here?? Check your Purchase Order carefully. No Acura dealer in this country is going to sell an new '13 RDX like yours for that price. They can't. That's basically a big loss for them. I know the invoices, and the holdback money....but......No can't be right.

Your quoting he purchase price and the out the door price. That shows you paid almsot 9% in taxes and fees. Is that the New Jersey way?? But, again, that $33,353 can't be right.

Here's the BASIC RDX...NO AWD, NO TECH......MSRP is....$34,320 PLUS the $895 Dest. fee equals....$35,215. Are you sure you bought a '13 model and not a '12 leftover??

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 07-02-2012 at 02:59 PM. Reason: Forgot dedicated info.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:10 PM
6th Gear

Here are the numbers from my purchase order. I got a 2013 RDX AWd Base

Price of Vehicle : 33535.56
State Sales Tax : 2347.49
Estimated Registration/Titling Fee : 396.0
Temp Plate Fee : 3.0
NJ Tire Fee : 7.50
MV Processing Fee: 12.0
Documentation Fee: 199.0

Total: 36500

I negotiated on the out-the-door price of 36,500 (no trade ins, my own financing at 1.99%). Your surprise at the price make me feel I got a good deal. But, I am thankful for all the helping members in these forums.
Old 07-02-2012, 03:17 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

You said.."make me feel I got a good deal." GOOD DEAL.....that's robbery! Got to see your window sticker. Did you get it?? If not should have. I always get them and save them.
If you have it, what's the price for the vehicle?? Then add the $895 for Dest. Charge. What's the total??

OK...are you sure it's an all wheel drive RDX??
Sorry, no disrespect....I just can't see these numbers being within reason.
It's like they are having a "fire sale"....and the '13 RDX is HOT....but, not for give away!

And NJ....what's up with these fees?? But, be that as it may....that $33,535 sure stumps me for an AWD model, no Tech.

OK....I'm done. Take care.

Last edited by Colorado Guy AF Ret.; 07-02-2012 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Forgot to ask a question
Old 07-02-2012, 03:32 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Hey chaukka........Just so you know where I'm coming from...background, etc.
My RDX is my 60th vehicle owned since I was 16 yrs. old. 30 of them were purchased new.

When times were tough some years back, I sold cars...Toyotas and Nissans. And my best friend has been a dealer for 30 yrs...and I worked with him part time. Going to auctions, helping out on deals and deliveries. I know the car business pretty well.

So, to try and wrap my head around the information you posted...is just very difficult to believe.
Not that this will change the world and there are more important things going on....this is a place for us to discuss what has been posted.

With my background it was just hard not to comment and "challenge" your numbers. I still think we are missing something here.
Again, no disrespect at all.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:35 PM
10th Gear

Back to reality, I just sealed the deal on a Graphite/Parchment AWD base for $1,300 off MSRP. I'm in CT.

Moderate bargaining. Happy with the price. Car is for my wife, and I think she's gonna love it.

Looking forward to being a part of this board.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Hugh27...Congrats my friend and let me extend a warm welcome to our forum. We are all very good at helping each other out and if I can be of any help, please let me know.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:59 PM
6th Gear

The price of the 2013 RDX AWD before taxes and any fees is 33535.56. The destination charge column says N/A (meaning $0). I negotiated on the out-the-door total which was 36,500 (in NJ) and they just adjusted all the numbers according to that. I negotiated the price at the end of the month and was talking to 3 dealers to get the best price. I am also absolutely fine if no one else believes the price.

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
You said.."make me feel I got a good deal." GOOD DEAL.....that's robbery! Got to see your window sticker. Did you get it?? If not should have. I always get them and save them.
If you have it, what's the price for the vehicle?? Then add the $895 for Dest. Charge. What's the total??

OK...are you sure it's an all wheel drive RDX??
Sorry, no disrespect....I just can't see these numbers being within reason.
It's like they are having a "fire sale"....and the '13 RDX is HOT....but, not for give away!

And NJ....what's up with these fees?? But, be that as it may....that $33,535 sure stumps me for an AWD model, no Tech.

OK....I'm done. Take care.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Originally Posted by chaukka
The price of the 2013 RDX AWD before taxes and any fees is 33535.56. The destination charge column says N/A (meaning $0). I negotiated on the out-the-door total which was 36,500 (in NJ) and they just adjusted all the numbers according to that. I negotiated the price at the end of the month and was talking to 3 dealers to get the best price. I am also absolutely fine if no one else believes the price.

I'm not saying I don't believe what you are saying....it's just doesn't make practical sense.

I had asked for the numbers off the Manufacturer's window sticker. It does give the dest. charge. Do you have the window sticker?? Basic price for the particular vehicle is at the top....and options are farther down, and the Dest. Charge of $895 is last. Then there is a total for that vehicle. If you don't mind, and you have it....what are the numbers on it...not your purchase order??

Curiosity is killing me. Sorry....the numbers still don't add up.
Old 07-02-2012, 11:32 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Chaukka, thats a heck of a price. I would've thought the only way to get a price like that is with something like a demo model that had a few miles on it.

And what the heck is a "tire fee"? Anybody know?
Old 07-03-2012, 05:57 AM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Rocketsfan
And what the heck is a "tire fee"? Anybody know?
The tire fee is usually to cover the disposal cost of the tire once removed from the vehicle. I think every province / state has a different policy in it.
Old 07-09-2012, 09:11 AM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My RDX Deal

Here's the deal I just got on a new AWD non-tech RDX in Crystal Black Pearl/Ebony:

• Base Price (including destination fee): $34,772
  • Accessories - Side body molding, front/rear splash guards, floor mats, cargo tray, cargo cover: $778.55 installed (15% discount on everything and no installation fees for floor mats and cargo tray)
  • Taxes: $2,416.54
  • Documentation $250.00
  • License: $33.50
  • Bottom line, out-the-door cost: $38,250.59
I'm very pleased with the deal I got and I'm pumped to go pick it up tonight!

Quick Reply: 2013 RDX Pricing