2013 RDX Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2012, 04:03 AM
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 46 Posts
Check the label in the drivers door jamb. If it was built in May it would have a date of 5/12 on it. Mine was built last week and the VIN's now end in the 4000 range. I don't think they blocked off VIN's as I understand they are assigned when the vehicle is in production.
What I suspect happened to you both is the dealers somehow lost the orders to another dealer and what they are doing is substituting a vehicle they located from another dealer to fill your orders. With those low VIN's I'll bet they were built in March. Check the door jamb. A vehicle fresh from the factory should only have a few miles on it from the factory test lap and usually on and of a train then on and off a truck. The dealer may add a mile or so test drive during prep. Any more and the vehicle was used to demo or driven from one dealer to another.
All of this may not bother you but if so the dealer should be honest with the facts if he is substituting.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
Good point on the dated label. I have researched various internet sites and it appears that the manufacturers have flexibility in how they set the last 6 digits of the VIN. In other words, it is not necessarily the true production sequence. The number can be assigned when the vehicle is produced or it can be assigned when the order is received. They can also choose to use the same choices within a model code (which is one of the earlier digits) so you could have a sequence for base models and another for tech models and perhaps for AWD or FWD) based on either order date or production number. The only requirement is that the VIN be unique to any vehicle produced in the last 30 years. IMO we can't use the last 6 digits of the VIN to determine the relative date that an individual car was built. There is an example on the net of 2 yamaha motorcycles (same year) that have the same last 6 digits of the VIN. They differ only in a letter contained in the earlier digits.
Old 05-22-2012, 09:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Dorsey
Good point on the dated label. I have researched various internet sites and it appears that the manufacturers have flexibility in how they set the last 6 digits of the VIN. In other words, it is not necessarily the true production sequence. The number can be assigned when the vehicle is produced or it can be assigned when the order is received. They can also choose to use the same choices within a model code (which is one of the earlier digits) so you could have a sequence for base models and another for tech models and perhaps for AWD or FWD) based on either order date or production number. The only requirement is that the VIN be unique to any vehicle produced in the last 30 years. IMO we can't use the last 6 digits of the VIN to determine the relative date that an individual car was built. There is an example on the net of 2 yamaha motorcycles (same year) that have the same last 6 digits of the VIN. They differ only in a letter contained in the earlier digits.
Yes I understand all of that but I am pretty positive Honda/Acura assigns the VIN when the vehicle is manufactured.

Now just to clarify when I stated my RDX VIN is in the 4000 range it is a US model. Currently all RDX's are assembled in East Liberty Ohio and as far as I know for US or Canada. Canada should have its own production sequence.

Unless they begin producing the RDX in another plant or make a major mid-year production change all the following should hold true for US models and for Canada I am assuming.

In the US all 2013 RDX will begin with 5J8TB. The 5J8 basically says Acura made in USA so I assume this would be the same for Canada. The TB is part of the model and this is the part that is probably different for Canada.

There are only four variations other than ext./int. color combinations so for the US (Canada may be the same or different as I did not verify).

The 6th digit will be a 3 for front wheel drive or 4 for AWD.

The 7th digit is H

The 8th digit is 3 for Base and 5 for Tech.

The 9th digit will be 1 to 9 or X. It is a check digit derived from an algorithm using all the other digits. This helps prevent typos and fraud.

The 10th digit is D which is for the year 2013.

The 11th digit is L for East Liberty Ohio Assembly Plant.

The 12th thru 17th digits is the sequential production sequence. One sequence for US and one for Canada.

Now there is always the possibility of exceptions but I don't think that would be the case.

When I ordered my RDX on 6/12 we looked at a printout of all the RDX's the dealer had on order and the first listed in my choice of color combo had a production number (no VIN yet) and production range of 6/14 to 6/18. My dealer called me 6/21 with the actual VIN and gave me a delivery range of 6/26 to 6/30. By watching other dealers web sites (Some put the VIN's up for there orders as soon as they have the VIN assigned I suspect to make it look like they have more cars) I was able to sucessfully predict my VIN to be high 3000 to low 4000 range. So other than the last four and the check digit I already knew what the rest of the VIN was.
The following users liked this post:
Dorsey (05-22-2012)
Old 05-22-2012, 10:02 AM
Racer

Dorsey, are you in Canada? That might explain the lower production number than US members are reporting if most of the startup production went to the US since Canada should have its own production sequence numbers.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
I am in central Florida but sometimes it seems like I am in Canada during the snowbird season. I have bought several cars from this particular dealer and they have been on target with this RDX on timing and have kept me up to date when production occurred and expected delivery. In any event, your posting on VIN codes is excellent. My VIN is 5J8TB3H31DL00075X which leaves 3 possible explanations. 1) It was not built last week and the door sticker will show an earlier date. 2) They assign the VIN when the order is received rather than when the car is produced, or 3) There is more than 1 sequential series depending on the value for the 8th and or 6th digit. Hopefully I can solve the mystery next week - the dealer says it is either in a shipping lot at the factory or on a truck headed to Florida.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Racer

Dorsey, you should remove your VIN from your posts if do not want it to be known. You only left out one digit which has 10 possibilities. I explained how the check digit works. Anybody who knows the algorithim will have zero problem figuring it out. Get my clue?
Old 05-22-2012, 01:57 PM
Racer

I am in central Florida but sometimes it seems like I am in Canada during the snowbird season. I have bought several cars from this particular dealer and they have been on target with this RDX on timing and have kept me up to date when production occurred and expected delivery. In any event, your posting on VIN codes is excellent. My VIN is 5J8TB3H31DL00075X which leaves 3 possible explanations. 1) It was not built last week and the door sticker will show an earlier date. 2) They assign the VIN when the order is received rather than when the car is produced, or 3) There is more than 1 sequential series depending on the value for the 8th and or 6th digit. Hopefully I can solve the mystery next week - the dealer says it is either in a shipping lot at the factory or on a truck headed to Florida.
1) I would put my money on this.

2) I guess anything is possible as there are exceptions but this goes against everything I am told about Honda/Acura US manufacturing.

3) Again anything is possible but this does not conform to Honda/Acura past practice.

Here is what I think happened. Someone is not being honest. A vehicle was substituted for your order and is from another dealers inventory. Maybe it was damaged in transit or maybe another dealer with some pull hijacked it from your dealer or your dealer gave it up willingly to another dealer figuring it can be replaced within the expected time frame. Maybe it was already delivered to your dealer and someone ready to buy snagged it. Maybe something else. Any of those ways I find it hard to believe that someone at the dealership doesn't know what really is going on and they are not being honest about it. Maybe they think it doesn't matter. Maybe it doesn't matter to you. Maybe the people at the dealership you are talking to don't have a clue either because they are not being told the truth but somebody there does know.

I'm sure there will be nothing wrong with the car they are giving you hope I am wrong about all this. The biggest concerns are if they are trying to deceive you over something as menial as this what else might they try? The other things you will have to watch for if it came from another dealers lot is mileage on the odometer if that bothers you. Imperfections from people pawing over it for the two months it may have sat on another lot. And this is important. If it came from another dealer the dealer prep may not have been performed properly or at all. Your dealer is probably exchanging a car he already prepped and is expecting the car he receives to be prepped. He will be reluctant to go through the car again. Make sure you get a copy of the form the tech filled out when he prepped the car. If they cannot produce it it did not happen as far as you should be concerned. Don't take any BS. Make sure you check the window sticker too. It will have the name of the dealer the car was originally intended for. If your dealer ordered that specific car from the factory it will have his name on it.

I'm not trying you scare you or anything it is just not adding up correctly. Hope I'm wrong about all this. I just want to warn you to be extra careful.
Old 05-22-2012, 03:57 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
My serial number is 059x and arrived last week. It was manufactured in April. My dealer said they are made in colour batches and BRPII was a later batch. They also said the shipping companies are taking some time to get them out.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:24 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by GRDX
When I ordered my RDX on 6/12 we looked at a printout of all the RDX's the dealer had on order and the first listed in my choice of color combo had a production number (no VIN yet) and production range of 6/14 to 6/18. My dealer called me 6/21 with the actual VIN and gave me a delivery range of 6/26 to 6/30. By watching other dealers web sites (Some put the VIN's up for there orders as soon as they have the VIN assigned I suspect to make it look like they have more cars) I was able to sucessfully predict my VIN to be high 3000 to low 4000 range. So other than the last four and the check digit I already knew what the rest of the VIN was.
When you read this please replace all the 6's (June) with 5's (May). I don't know how I managed that and I am not from the future :-) I cannot edit it myself as I do not have that capability yet.
Old 05-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mikejmack
My serial number is 059x and arrived last week. It was manufactured in April. My dealer said they are made in colour batches and BRPII was a later batch. They also said the shipping companies are taking some time to get them out.
Now that is another possibility I overlooked. I am closer so I can get it from the factory faster so I guess the yardstick you and Dorsey could use is what are the VIN ranges of the other cars on the lot? If none exceed yours then it is the shipping pipeline causing the low numbers so late. You two don't have production date ranges just delivery dates so that muddys the water some.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:21 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I thought this thread was about pricing?!?!?
Old 05-23-2012, 07:28 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by abtcabe
I thought this thread was about pricing?!?!?
Yes it is. We morphed into another topic of which I had something to say. My hands are tied. I cannot yet start a thread or PM a member so what am I supposed to do? Remain quiet? If it is a big deal I'm sure a moderator will move it to a new thread.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:01 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by GRDX
Yes it is. We morphed into another topic of which I had something to say. My hands are tied. I cannot yet start a thread or PM a member so what am I supposed to do? Remain quiet? If it is a big deal I'm sure a moderator will move it to a new thread.

The comment was my attempt to keep the topic focused on pricing. This is obviously the header of the thread and my interest as well.

It was not directed towards you.

I appreciate everyone who takes the time out of their busy day to make helpful comments.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:34 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Pricing in DC Area

Has anybody negotiated a price on a 2013 RDX with Pohanka in Chantilly VA? We drove 100 miles to purchase a 2012 TL from them last July. They blew away my local dealership, beating them by $1800 with zero negotiating. This was particularly impressive since it was during the height of the tsunami-caused inventory shortage. They were extremely easy to work with and I wouldn't hesitate to make the drive again for a new RDX.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the best price offered by a dealership , will requesting an online quote from them suffice or do we have to go to the dealership in person /
Old 05-24-2012, 08:55 AM
2nd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by psychostud
For the best price offered by a dealership , will requesting an online quote from them suffice or do we have to go to the dealership in person /
Here's my advice for getting the best deal:

1) Pick the dealer you want to buy from. Somebody's going to spend a lot of time with you, so ideally it's that person who should get the last shot at winning your business. Visit there, find a salesman you like, take a test drive, decide on the exact model and options you want.

2) When you're within 2 days of being ready to buy, fill out the online quote forms from multiple dealers -- at least 4, maybe more. In the comments, say "I am a price shopper and I'm ready to buy. Looking for your best price on the 2013 Acura MDX AWD w/ Tech package Silver Moon/Ebony interior plus wheel locks and cargo tray. Ready to buy within 2 days. Please provide quote including destination, processing and any other non-tax charges." Be specific like that. If you plan to trade or finance, then say so. These forms go to the "internet salesman," who is generally best equipped to deal over the phone and cut prices quickly to get the deal. At this point, tell your salesman that you are doing this, because you need to get a good price, but you are going to give him the first shot at the business.

3) Your phone will start ringing. Tell each salesperson that you have requested bids from several dealers. You aren't looking to pit one against the other (a little white lie). You're just looking for their best deal. Let them start giving you prices. Tell them you're waiting to hear from everybody and you'll go with the cheapest. Get their quote. Say thanks and you'll get back to them. They will ask if you'll give them another shot should they not be the lowest. Tell them you will if there's time, but you want to make a decision today.

4) Don't call anyone back and say "I got this price, can you beat it by a dollar." The manager doesn't want to deal with that guy. But don't worry, the salesman will call you back. When they do, you can say "I'm sorry somebody else has you beaten. They gave me a better deal than I expected, so I'm pretty happy. I'm not out to start a bidding war, so I understand if you can't go lower." Trust me, they'll beg you not to take the other offer until they've been given a chance to come back with a lower price. They will ask you "If I can get you a lower price, do we have a deal?" Your answer should be "Like I said, I'm a price shopper so yes, I'm going with the lowest price."

If you do this with 5 dealers, you'll find out pretty quickly what the best price is you can get. No salesman will just say "I'm done bidding," but at some point very quickly you'll hear "If somebody else can beat this price, then you should be skeptical. Are you sure they aren't tacking on some other hidden charges? Call me if it turns out it's not real." When you hear that from two different dealers, you know you've squeezed just about all you can out of your local market.
The following 3 users liked this post by QuakerWildcat:
BlackDogRDX (05-24-2012), C0rrion (06-05-2012), RF40 (05-28-2012)
Old 05-24-2012, 12:51 PM
2nd Gear

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Oh yes, forgot to mention you should list multiple acceptable colors, or say that color is not important. That will keep more dealers in the game, particularly the smaller dealers that have very limited inventory.
psychostud (05-24-2012)
Old 05-25-2012, 02:32 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Just got back from the bank - going to the dealer to pick up my Graphite/Black AWD '13 in an hour!
I paid approximately $35,300 USD including destination ($1300 off MSRP). However, they were incredibly stingey regarding accesories. They had an asking price of almost $1200 for running boards which I found insane considering the Acura.com retail price for the boards themselves is about 550 and Bernardi has them for 418 (plus shipping). And the labor is bolting in about 20 pre-drilled bolts. I got them down to $1000 and decided to get it because A.) I was able to include it in my financing and B.) Several other users have mentioned the boards cause unpleasant vibrations at highway speeds if installed incorrectly and they would be under warranty when installed at time of delivery.
I also asked about price on All weather mats and Cargo Tray. They wanted almost 75$ ABOVE Acura.com asking price for each, apparently for installation!!!! Am I missing something or is that literally insane? (FYI Bernardi has them listed at 120 and 138 respectively. My dealer wanted 220 and 250. And was prepared to go no lower than 10% off that asking price.)

I'm curious if anyone else has run into this very odd situation regarding getting mats and other non-installation accessories at delivery. And what makes me laugh even more is I flat out told the salesman that Bernardi had it for half what they were charging and he shrugged his shoulders and said "the dealership has to make money"
Old 05-25-2012, 03:39 PM
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackDogRDX
Just got back from the bank - going to the dealer to pick up my Graphite/Black AWD '13 in an hour!

I also asked about price on All weather mats and Cargo Tray. They wanted almost 75$ ABOVE Acura.com asking price for each, apparently for installation!!!! Am I missing something or is that literally insane? (FYI Bernardi has them listed at 120 and 138 respectively. My dealer wanted 220 and 250. And was prepared to go no lower than 10% off that asking price.)

I'm curious if anyone else has run into this very odd situation regarding getting mats and other non-installation accessories at delivery. And what makes me laugh even more is I flat out told the salesman that Bernardi had it for half what they were charging and he shrugged his shoulders and said "the dealership has to make money"
Congratulations. You won't be disappointed. In Canada, the web site prices for accessories includes installation. Not sure about the US and if this might be why your prices were higher. I bought some accessories from an Acura dealer on eBay and got a great price. The seller is Curry Acura in NY. As an example, I bought a cargo cover for $120 + $16 shipping (free in the US). On the Acura Canada website it is $268.
Old 05-26-2012, 12:40 AM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Originally Posted by BlackDogRDX
I paid approximately $35,300 USD including destination ($1300 off MSRP). However, they were incredibly stingey regarding accesories. They had an asking price of almost $1200 for running boards which I found insane considering the Acura.com retail price for the boards themselves is about 550 and Bernardi has them for 418 (plus shipping). And the labor is bolting in about 20 pre-drilled bolts. I got them down to $1000 and decided to get it because A.) I was able to include it in my financing and B.) Several other users have mentioned the boards cause unpleasant vibrations at highway speeds if installed incorrectly and they would be under warranty when installed at time of delivery.

They're just trying to make money off of you, and it's not uncommon. When I bought my '97 Maxima, they pretty much doubled the price of the mudflaps and the moonroof visor over what I could walk into the parts department and get them for. They were so easy to install, I just bought the car and bought the parts from the parts department myself and installed them.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:17 PM
10th Gear

1 silly question - how difficult will it be to install the all season floor mat or cargo tray? Looks like there charge for installation. I did not know any installation required other than lay them down..
Old 05-26-2012, 08:40 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Originally Posted by tk15
1 silly question - how difficult will it be to install the all season floor mat or cargo tray? Looks like there charge for installation. I did not know any installation required other than lay them down..
That is pretty much it! I can't imagine why they would charge to have it simply put into the vehicle. That just doesn't make sense
tk15 (05-28-2012)
Old 05-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
I doubt there's any real installation required.
Old 05-27-2012, 01:23 AM
Summer is Coming

Received 647 Likes on 373 Posts
Dealer "installed" accessories are covered under the new car warranty, so maybe stating they were installed is your proof of warranty.
tk15 (05-28-2012)
Old 05-27-2012, 06:22 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Rocket_man
Dealer "installed" accessories are covered under the new car warranty, so maybe stating they were installed is your proof of warranty.
That's actually a fair point. Then again "warranty" on floor mats and cargo trays probably has a proportionately smaller value than an actually installed accessory like the roof rails, running boards, even fog lights.
Old 05-27-2012, 07:51 PM
6th Gear

I was worried after reading the beginning of this thread that I wouldn't be able to get a decent deal on a new RDX, but I just placed a deposit yesterday on the 2013 RDX AWD (no tech package) in graphite/ebony to arrive the first week of July. I got the car at invoice ($34,736 + tax, registration and doc fee). I didn't get any accessories included, but I did get KBB + $300 for my trade. I can't wait to get my new RDX!
Old 05-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Morganrules...Congrats! YOu will not be disapointed and will be joing th egroup of happy 2nd gen owners!!
Old 05-27-2012, 09:55 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by morganrules
I was worried after reading the beginning of this thread that I wouldn't be able to get a decent deal on a new RDX, but I just placed a deposit yesterday on the 2013 RDX AWD (no tech package) in graphite/ebony to arrive the first week of July. I got the car at invoice ($34,736 + tax, registration and doc fee). I didn't get any accessories included, but I did get KBB + $300 for my trade. I can't wait to get my new RDX!
Wow that's awesome! Where abouts did you buy?

I went in for a test drive on Friday looking for a vehicle for my wife and she really likes the 2013 RDX. The dealer basically offered me MSRP and was willing to throw in the floor mats and cargo mat but I was disappointed that they kind of low balled me with my trade in offer (fantastic shape/ low mileage '05 TL almost 3k below kbb). I didn't do much negotiating yet but rather took his figures home and have sent some inquiries out to other fairly local dealerships to see what they can do.

My question is how much wiggle room should I be able to negotiate up with the trade in? Any particular tactics? I went to carmax and got an appraisal for the heck of it and it came up a little over 1k more than what dealer was offering even though I believe carmax didn't factor in the Navi package into their computations (no mention on specs sheet even though tech said he did include after I realized when got home). 1k diff from carmax is a little better but mostly a wash due to taxes.
Old 05-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 279 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by RF40
Wow that's awesome! Where abouts did you buy?

I went in for a test drive on Friday looking for a vehicle for my wife and she really likes the 2013 RDX. The dealer basically offered me MSRP and was willing to throw in the floor mats and cargo mat but I was disappointed that they kind of low balled me with my trade in offer (fantastic shape/ low mileage '05 TL almost 3k below kbb). I didn't do much negotiating yet but rather took his figures home and have sent some inquiries out to other fairly local dealerships to see what they can do.

My question is how much wiggle room should I be able to negotiate up with the trade in? Any particular tactics? I went to carmax and got an appraisal for the heck of it and it came up a little over 1k more than what dealer was offering even though I believe carmax didn't factor in the Navi package into their computations (no mention on specs sheet even though tech said he did include after I realized when got home). 1k diff from carmax is a little better but mostly a wash due to taxes.
autotrader.com's website has a "trade in your car" section where you can input your vehicle specifics and get a guaranteed trade value. The offer should be honored by all participating dealers in your area. I used the free/no obligation service last year and found three dealers in my area willing to buy the car outright. The Audi dealer where we ultimately purchased the new car offered us $400 more than the guaranteed value. If nothing else, that will give you an idea what to expect and provide a starting point for negotiations. Good luck!
RF40 (05-27-2012)
Old 05-28-2012, 04:01 AM
10th Gear

Thanks for all the replies. I sure hope pricing will be even better in the next 4 months when I get mine.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:36 PM
8th Gear

Just got my 2013 Black/Black RDX AWD w/ Tech on Saturday. (I never had a Black car before.) Super excited!!!!

I paid $38,095 (including destination fee) and it included All Season Mats and Cargo Tray.

I got this price from two dealerships both a little out of Philly in Ardmore and Montgomeryville (I basically played them against each other.) I finally bought from Montgomeryville since they gave me more for my trade-ins.

Hope this helps someone else out.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:54 PM
10th Gear

Just got my 2013 Black/Black RDX AWD w/ Tech on Saturday. (I never had a Black car before.) Super excited!!!!

I paid $38,095 (including destination fee) and it included All Season Mats and Cargo Tray.

I got this price from two dealerships both a little out of Philly in Ardmore and Montgomeryville (I basically played them against each other.) I finally bought from Montgomeryville since they gave me more for my trade-ins.

Hi, Is this out the door price which includes tax.?
Thanks.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:40 PM
8th Gear

Hi, Is this out the door price which includes tax.?
Thanks.
No, it was the price I paid for the car which included the destination charge. No taxes, tag and doc
Old 05-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 279 Likes on 183 Posts

Congrats! The RDX looks great in black. You may not love the black so much when it's dirty, but it's hard to beat when freshly washed.

Not that you don't have stellar negotiating skills, but your good deal may have been aided by your timing. As dealers and salespeople close in on their quota deadlines, the end of a month is the best time to make a deal. Well done!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:20 PM
10th Gear

No, it was the price I paid for the car which included the destination charge. No taxes, tag and doc
Ok thanks.
I have not start active negotiation yet, but I have one dealer quoted me $37,520 + destination + tax + dmv fee for FWD Tech. Another dealer is wiling to match this too.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:41 AM
8th Gear

Ok thanks.
I have not start active negotiation yet, but I have one dealer quoted me $37,520 + destination + tax + dmv fee for FWD Tech. Another dealer is wiling to match this too.
Considering destination fee is $895, you can probably do better. I saw someong on here said the paid $38000 (less then invoice which is $38035 for the AWD w/ Tech) which they said included destination fee, all weather mats, wheel locks and cargo mat.

Good Luck
Old 05-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Guys....while I agree with you that trying to get the best deal is important, its also important to keep in mind how you will be treated when you need your vehicle serviced. Is it worth buying a vehicle from a dealership who has poor reputation and will treat you poorly? There is also the option of bringing your car to be serviced at another dealer but how fair is that to the dealer itself, and besides, who is to say they will treat you in a great fashion knowing you chose to buy your RDX elsewhere.

Like I said, for me, while I like to get a rebate/discount when I can, the relationship I have with my delaership is "out of this world" and to me, that is worth more than saving a few extra hundreds. We are talking a 1 or 2% discount at best.....just to put things in perspective. Don't want to get flamed here but just trying to remind everyone that the bottom dollar is not always what matters....and also, keep in mind that everyone needs to make a buck along the way to survive I don't work for free nor do I expect the people that work at the dealership
Old 05-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I agree with Weather. I purchased my RDX from a dealer on the opposite end of Denver (a 40 mile drive) because they are the largest in the area and were the first to get the 2013s in stock (I had been waiting for the new ones to come out for three months).

I've had to take it back in twice to fix minor issues, and that means an extra 120 miles of driving and 3 hours of my time compared to the closest dealer. Add to that two trips a year for service (I have free service for the first two years).

To me, it would be worth a few hundred dollars to have the dealer closer. For better or worse, you are likely going to have a relationship with the dealer where you buy.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Instructor

I think any shopper is entitled to put in the amount of effort they want. Some may show up at their local dealer, ask what the price is, and take out a check book. Others may scour message boards, call dozens of internet managers, and haggle over $50. It's a matter of taste. I don't think either is particularly "wrong".

That being said, it's great to hear that many dealers nation-wide are actually offering some very fair deals on a model that's only been on sale for about 2 months now! Congratulations to all who are new owners, myself included!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I agree with you Weather. Edmunds data for 2012 models shows what they call True Market Value (What people have actually paid), runs about 96-97% of MSRP well after the model has been on the market. The cars I have bought in the past have never been models that ended up with large discounts even at the end of the model year. And I always get exactly what I want with regard to color and features. I have never bought a car out of inventory unless it matched my wants exactly. So I never expect to get large discounts. If a large discount is important, wait until the end of the model year and take what ever the dealer has in inventory that is close to what you want.

Regards, Jim

Quick Reply: 2013 RDX Pricing