2013 RDX Pricing

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 09:46 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,267 Likes on 864 Posts
Thanks guys...(bh9712, BlackDogRDX and hawkeye62)...Its nice to see I didn't get flamed by my post as it was not the intent

BlackDog....I fully agree that some people will enjoy the shopping, negotiating etc to get the cheapest price and for them, its like a hobby or sport. Sort of like people with the coupons To the seasoned shopper and knows what they are doing, that fine...I just wanted to remind people to keep things in perspective an dhelp a maybe new buyer who may overlook that important aspect of buying a car....

Again, thanks for keeping it fair and balanced
Old 05-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Racer

Received 69 Likes on 46 Posts
You have to keep in mind it is hard to compare the price paid when a trade in is involved. Some dealers will give a better price without a trade because it is cut and dry they know exactly what they will make and don't want to be bothered with the used car while others want the trade because they get another chance to make money. It depends on the particular dealers business model. Then with the trade they can feel out the customer and adjust the selling price and the trade price so the customer gets what is more important. A good price on the trade or a good price on the new vehicle.

Generally the book value depends on which book they use. Usually Auto Trader is the lowest followed by KBB then Black Book. NADA is usually the highest.

I ended up getting a little over Black Book on my trade. I insisted on NADA ($600 higher)but since I already had the price locked on the RDX they could not do it although when I kept pushing they did knock another $200 off the Internet price which I had. They did this to make it look good internally. They could have set the prices any way they wanted. My RDX price was 35,400 with the Black book equivalent trade. If it would have been a dealer that stuck with the Auto Trader price then since that was 1600 less they could have gone 1600 less for the RDX being 33,800. I would still be paying the same amount either way. See what I mean? To clarify the RDX price is for the base model in the US including destination charge. Add documentation of 259 in an area where it ranges from about 150 to 500 depending on the dealer. I don't include anything else because those fees vary depending on your location and specific circumstances.

I could have probably done even better if I wanted to shop price but you have to remember you are a
Old 05-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Racer

Sorry last post posted before I was finished. To continue...

I could have probably done even better if I wanted to shop price but you have to remember you are also shopping for a dealer you will have a relationship with for parts and service too. Not to mention convenience of location.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:31 PM
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks everyone for their feedback - I will keep in mind of a good dealer and price. Infact, I have visited one and the chap seems very nice. Reviews on the dealer seems good too : http://www.dealerrater.com/reviews/Acura/

This is the dealer that was going to match the lower price. Will check the forum closely once I am ready to buy in a few months time.
The following users liked this post:
RF40 (05-29-2012)
Old 05-29-2012, 07:50 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by weather
Guys....while I agree with you that trying to get the best deal is important, its also important to keep in mind how you will be treated when you need your vehicle serviced. Is it worth buying a vehicle from a dealership who has poor reputation and will treat you poorly? There is also the option of bringing your car to be serviced at another dealer but how fair is that to the dealer itself, and besides, who is to say they will treat you in a great fashion knowing you chose to buy your RDX elsewhere.

Like I said, for me, while I like to get a rebate/discount when I can, the relationship I have with my delaership is "out of this world" and to me, that is worth more than saving a few extra hundreds. We are talking a 1 or 2% discount at best.....just to put things in perspective. Don't want to get flamed here but just trying to remind everyone that the bottom dollar is not always what matters....and also, keep in mind that everyone needs to make a buck along the way to survive I don't work for free nor do I expect the people that work at the dealership
I have a couple questions about this whole process for anybody that can help me. I have bought 2 Acura cars from the local dealer and went in recently met w/ sales rep, test drove, etc. As I mentioned earlier I got offered MSRP and much lower trade offer than was hoping for. So I've been in contact with some out of town dealers and have have gotten 250 (internet coupon) off of MSRP w/o any haggling yet (aiming at 500-750) and have been guaranteed at least 500-1000 increase on trade (aiming at about 1500 up on trade). So eventually after getting all of my stuff together I plan on going back to local dealer giving them last shot basically because I'd prefer to stay local and have had good service in past from them. If they don't meet what I'm looking for then I will go with what best works for me if it is signifantly different.

My questions though are if there are no services or anything purchased/ promised from the new dealership would it be that bad of me to use my local one for service even though I bought the car somewhere else? What about if I had an issue with the car 1 week in would I be able to go to local dealership and have same coverage (not that I'd do this but if it was required in a pinch). Keep in mind I would still currently have a car that I had purchased at the local dealership previously. I kind of see the sales and service as two different entities under the same roof and wouldn't think they would treat me any different or even really care where the car was bought that they are working on for the most part. As long as the negotiations process stayed professional and you didn't make an a#$ out of yourself I don't see this as a problem at all. I'm assuming a lot of people move over the life of their Acura cars anyways and have them serviced at dealerships where the car wasn't originally bought at.

PS I do understand that in an ideal world I would like to get my vehicle serviced where I bought the car, but convenience may have to take precidence in this situation.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:26 PM
8th Gear

Originally Posted by weather
Guys....while I agree with you that trying to get the best deal is important, its also important to keep in mind how you will be treated when you need your vehicle serviced. Is it worth buying a vehicle from a dealership who has poor reputation and will treat you poorly? There is also the option of bringing your car to be serviced at another dealer but how fair is that to the dealer itself, and besides, who is to say they will treat you in a great fashion knowing you chose to buy your RDX elsewhere.

Like I said, for me, while I like to get a rebate/discount when I can, the relationship I have with my delaership is "out of this world" and to me, that is worth more than saving a few extra hundreds. We are talking a 1 or 2% discount at best.....just to put things in perspective. Don't want to get flamed here but just trying to remind everyone that the bottom dollar is not always what matters....and also, keep in mind that everyone needs to make a buck along the way to survive I don't work for free nor do I expect the people that work at the dealership
Weather,

I understand your point in regards to service. And it is important to find a dealer that will treat you right after the sale. However salesmen would take advantage of you every chance they would get.

I went to 3 dealers total, and if I took their first offer on everything (sales price, trade-ins and including accessories) I would have paid well over $4,000 more. They all gave me the initial same offer. (Two offered me initially $1,000 for my BMW convertible, are you kidding me?!?! Such an insult.)

Dealers play games and they created this monster and the rules to play by. But now we have the internet to investigate and find out what is what.

As for service, for me personally I have 2 dealers very close to me, one on the way to work. (The benefits of living close to a large city.) So, if they treat me like crap I will just go to anyone or find another mechanic that will treat me right.

Plus the service department is a separate entity after the sale. Their job is to take care of the customer after the sale. If they do a bad job over all they will lose my business and most others.

Just my 2 cents. I know I did exactly the right thing and I wouldn’t change a thing.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:10 AM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by RF40
So I've been in contact with some out of town dealers and have have gotten 250 (internet coupon) off of MSRP w/o any haggling yet (aiming at 500-750)
You should definitely try to take advantage of any number of the pre-negotiated pricing programs if you're not getting much budge (Costco, AMEX, AAA, etc). I consider myself fortunate that my local dealer offered me $1100 off MSRP as a starting point so I didn't even bother using these services but did manage to get him down another $250 or so.

As far as the service departments, abtcabe is absolutely correct that they really have nothing to do with each other. You should never feel any pressure to service at the dealership you purchased at - or to purchase at the dealership you service at. If you've found somewhere which satisfies you on both accounts, by all means take advantage. But abtcabe also brought up a another valid point which is that if any any point you're no longer satisfied (either with a sales department that had been helpful in the past or with a service department) you should certainly look elsewhere - and don't be shy to let them know that. The auto industry is VERY competitive and most places will work hard to keep your business. And the competition will work even harder to earn it!
RF40 (05-30-2012)
Old 05-30-2012, 09:07 AM
Racer

If I bring my car to the dealer I bought it from for service they will give me a loaner car if I do not wish to stay and wait with free pastries and coffee even if I just went in for an oil change which I get free along with free tire rotations for two years. I know, they throw in the free service to get you to use their service department but you will most likely not get the loaner so freely or even at all if you did not buy the car there.
Old 05-30-2012, 09:49 AM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by GRDX
If I bring my car to the dealer I bought it from for service they will give me a loaner car if I do not wish to stay and wait with free pastries and coffee even if I just went in for an oil change which I get free along with free tire rotations for two years. I know, they throw in the free service to get you to use their service department but you will most likely not get the loaner so freely or even at all if you did not buy the car there.
Are you sure about this? I don't believe they take that into account at all and it basically just depends on amount of time the service will take along w/ availability of cars. Like mentioned above service is completely different than sales so they should be selling their excellent service to keep customers coming back which would include providing loaner car if the service can't be completed in a timely manner.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by RF40
Are you sure about this? I don't believe they take that into account at all and it basically just depends on amount of time the service will take along w/ availability of cars. Like mentioned above service is completely different than sales so they should be selling their excellent service to keep customers coming back which would include providing loaner car if the service can't be completed in a timely manner.
My former Honda dealer would give a loaner only if the car had to be left overnight and limited to two times a year. It is a benefit only if you bought the car from them. It is even spelled out on their website. What I said about my Acura dealer is what I was told. I am supposed to get it in writing tomorrow when I finalize the deal and pick up the car. My friend bought a BMW and always got a loaner. He moved so began using a different dealer other than the one where he bought the car for service. When he asked for a loaner he was told we only give those out to customers who bought their car here.
Old 05-30-2012, 03:11 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not unheard of....

one of the local dealers offers picking up your car and dropping off a loaner at your address even for oil changes...you do have to buy your car there though
Old 05-30-2012, 06:44 PM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
I bought my car from a dealer in Houston and the dealer in Dallas I go to always gives me a loaner if the service takes longer than 30 mins (I think). I've always gotten a loaner from them.

As for getting the price - I'm going for the best price from wherever I can get it without being a complete ass about it.
Old 05-31-2012, 09:23 AM
7th Gear

Hi, first post, and I love this forum already.
I just got the 2013 rdx base for $35,500 OTD. I am in Atlanta, GA. Graphite luster with parchment interior. My input so you people out there shopping for RDX have some idea of possible discounts. Photos coming up shortly...
Old 05-31-2012, 09:38 AM
Instructor

Congrats on joining the club! Is it AWD or FWD?
digitalusa (05-31-2012)
Old 05-31-2012, 09:57 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Received 432 Likes on 299 Posts
I'll try and help with my knowledge and experiences of having purchased 30 new vehicles in my lifetime and by having a best friend in the car business. First, I study the vehicle I want and know approx. what the invoice is, scan any sights on availability, etc, and then I NEVER talk to a "salesman" when I finally decide to go into a dealer. I ask to see the Gen. Sales Mgr, if I hadn't already phoned for an appt. You may get some pushback from the floor sales folks, but, don't be intimidated by them. You are walking buying power...it's your choice who you want to see. One of my local dealers puts that damned "Addendum" on their cars....saying "Market Value Adjustment" and adding $2,000 to the MSRP of the new RDX. I just laugh, and curse, at that. No one, let me repeat, NO ONE should or needs to pay $1 over MSRP! I've never paid MSRP for any car. This is a quote from the GSM that I talked to, once he knew I knew the "pricing game." He said, "well, 99% of the buyers are idiots." He told me that after he was bragging that he had sold 12 RDX's for at least $1,000 over MSRP. I didn't truly tell him what I thought of that, but, I did tell him an honest and decent dealer would not do that and that is just worrying about one sale, not the long term. Eventually some of those buyers will find out they didn't have to pay that. It's an instant loss of that 1 or 2 thousand plus the normal % loss off the MSRP of a new car when you drive it off the dealer's lot. Just like taking that money and lighting it on fire. So, once he knew "that I knew".....I got the price of the AWD Tech model down to $38,870 plus tax. The MSRP is $40,315. Then came the sticking point. He tried to BS me on my trade. Gave me all kinds of "reasons, excuses, etc" on why he could only give me a certain amount for it. I knew what it was worth as a trade. Since I got a good price on the new one he didn't want to step up on the trade. I basically told him "have a great day" and we wouldn't be doing business. I went 60 miles away and found a very nice....check this out....Gen. Mgr. and part owner and talked to him. Rare...since at this level this person doesn't really get involved directly with a customer and working the numbers. The numbers aren't done yet...but, I already know I will get a better deal, including 20% off on accessories and no charge for install, and very close to what I want for my trade. Now, I will admit that he is a friend of my local Honda dealers owner and GM, where I purchased 5 new Hondas, but, I found this Acura dealer to be up front, honest, and very fair. He told me he has never asked over MSRP for any vehicle. Never used "Addendums." Sorry so wordy, but, I'm trying to help those that may not have as much experience doing this. Also, be patient. IF you simply can't quite get a fair deal, then wait. Tell them you will come back when you can make a fair deal. Often times you get a phone call later asking you to come back and "let's talk." But, not always.
Bottom line: Never pay over MSRP...if you do you must have money to burn. And, truly, you don't have to pay MSRP either. IF you know how to play their game. I'm buying an AWD, Tech. model in Forged Silver with Parchment interior. They are great SUV's.
Old 05-31-2012, 10:32 AM
7th Gear

Thanks.
It's FWD. ( I think I 've got a discount of $2,500 from MSRP)
Old 05-31-2012, 06:37 PM
6th Gear

Just got home little bit ago and now proud owner of 2013 RDX base model FWD Black/Black. It took me about 4 days to get deal done and I'm very pleased. I had mentioned before about my original offer of MSRP and lower trade in than I was hoping for. By shopping between 4 or 5 dealers and some excellent customer service from their internet people I was able to move pretty quickly and settled on 34,000 price including destination. I also got my trade increased to 1,500 over initial offer which made me pretty happy. So all in all it worked out very well in that I basically saved 2735 from the original total offer and purchased at 1215 below MSRP when they really weren't budging initially. There are definitely deals to be made so you do have to be aggressive, but also keep it professional and they will work with you hopefully. Thanks for all the help from you all here!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Instructor

Congratulations! You're going to love it! And you definitely saw that a little bit of work can really pay off!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:20 PM
5th Gear

At 40K for a loaded RDX it only comes with a 4 way power passenger seat? You are kidding right?
Old 06-01-2012, 02:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by John Wajda
At 40K for a loaded RDX it only comes with a 4 way power passenger seat? You are kidding right?
No joke. Acura is quite fond of their 4 way power passenger seat as you have to move up to a TL, RL or MDX to get the 8 way power passenger seat.

Please remember Acura is "smart luxury" brand.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by John Wajda
Yeah but they sell Acura cushions on their "official accessories" web site. Not only are they good for giving your passengers enhanced visibility, they are handy if they have hemorrhoids
Old 06-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Instructor

It's the curse of two trim levels. You get a ton bundled into the base, more in the top level, and some stuff just never makes it in. Audi (Q5) doesn't give you bluetooth on their base trim and you need to spend 50k for the Prestige to get paddle shifters. And 40k now isn't 40k a decade ago. I'm fairly sure there's about as many models that are over 40k as under.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:32 PM
Suzuka Master

BlackDogRDX...While I gree fully with your assesment of the Acura "curse fo two trim", to me, the base RDX could have had the 4 way passenger seating and then offer at least the height adjuster for those forking the extra money for the tech package.

This is the one thing I still get annoyed about the RDX and I am not sure why as I never sit in the passenger side. However, it is embarrassing when people say: "boy this seat is low, where is the height adjuster?" and then I say, there is none. Then you hear the "cricket sound" to deal with that ackward moment *creek creek -- creek creek" *lol*
Old 06-01-2012, 05:37 PM
5th Gear

lol
Old 06-01-2012, 05:38 PM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by JeffS
No joke. Acura is quite fond of their 4 way power passenger seat as you have to move up to a TL, RL or MDX to get the 8 way power passenger seat.

Please remember Acura is "smart luxury" brand.
Old 06-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

A quick note or two. I changed my color back to the White Pearl. That's really what my wife wanted and it will be at the dealer's in approx. 10 to 14 days. The FSM color was not coming in and it would have been a "hunt" and redirection to get one.
One thing I was a little shocked about, and that is the new RDX does not use gas struts for the hood! Has the old "stick" to hold up the hood. My Accord V6 comes with gas struts for the hood. My CRV's had/have the "stick", but, moving up to the Acura I figured it should have the gas struts. But, there is so much to like and there is usually something we would change. The many "likes" outweigh the "dislikes."
Now I've ended up with 2 white vehicles. Never had 2 with the same color. Well, almost, standard white and a pearl white. Both have parchment interiors.
Congrats to RF40 for getting your pricing. Great job!!
Old 06-02-2012, 01:06 AM
Drifting

Received 535 Likes on 301 Posts
Colorado Guy,

How have the parchment interiors held up in terms of getting dirty? Does it get dirty easily? My last 2 cars have been black/black, but I've been thinking about getting a white vehicle next. The only isssue is that I'm not sure I'm all that keen on the parchment interior, and the geniuses at Acura apparently don't think an ebony interior in a white vehicle is a good thing, so parchment is my only choice. *sigh*
Old 06-02-2012, 09:05 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
I'll try and help with my knowledge and experiences of having purchased 30 new vehicles in my lifetime and by having a best friend in the car business. First, I study the vehicle I want and know approx. what the invoice is, scan any sights on availability, etc, and then I NEVER talk to a "salesman" when I finally decide to go into a dealer. I ask to see the Gen. Sales Mgr, if I hadn't already phoned for an appt. You may get some pushback from the floor sales folks, but, don't be intimidated by them. You are walking buying power...it's your choice who you want to see. One of my local dealers puts that damned "Addendum" on their cars....saying "Market Value Adjustment" and adding $2,000 to the MSRP of the new RDX. I just laugh, and curse, at that. No one, let me repeat, NO ONE should or needs to pay $1 over MSRP! I've never paid MSRP for any car. This is a quote from the GSM that I talked to, once he knew I knew the "pricing game." He said, "well, 99% of the buyers are idiots." He told me that after he was bragging that he had sold 12 RDX's for at least $1,000 over MSRP. I didn't truly tell him what I thought of that, but, I did tell him an honest and decent dealer would not do that and that is just worrying about one sale, not the long term. Eventually some of those buyers will find out they didn't have to pay that. It's an instant loss of that 1 or 2 thousand plus the normal % loss off the MSRP of a new car when you drive it off the dealer's lot. Just like taking that money and lighting it on fire. So, once he knew "that I knew".....I got the price of the AWD Tech model down to $38,870 plus tax. The MSRP is $40,315. Then came the sticking point. He tried to BS me on my trade. Gave me all kinds of "reasons, excuses, etc" on why he could only give me a certain amount for it. I knew what it was worth as a trade. Since I got a good price on the new one he didn't want to step up on the trade. I basically told him "have a great day" and we wouldn't be doing business. I went 60 miles away and found a very nice....check this out....Gen. Mgr. and part owner and talked to him. Rare...since at this level this person doesn't really get involved directly with a customer and working the numbers. The numbers aren't done yet...but, I already know I will get a better deal, including 20% off on accessories and no charge for install, and very close to what I want for my trade. Now, I will admit that he is a friend of my local Honda dealers owner and GM, where I purchased 5 new Hondas, but, I found this Acura dealer to be up front, honest, and very fair. He told me he has never asked over MSRP for any vehicle. Never used "Addendums." Sorry so wordy, but, I'm trying to help those that may not have as much experience doing this. Also, be patient. IF you simply can't quite get a fair deal, then wait. Tell them you will come back when you can make a fair deal. Often times you get a phone call later asking you to come back and "let's talk." But, not always.
Bottom line: Never pay over MSRP...if you do you must have money to burn. And, truly, you don't have to pay MSRP either. IF you know how to play their game. I'm buying an AWD, Tech. model in Forged Silver with Parchment interior. They are great SUV's.

Good advice!

I typically trade a vehicle when I buy new and negotiate the "net" price of the transaction vs. negotiating the new car price and then the trade. As the OP points out, dealers may give you a good deal on one but often not both.
Old 06-02-2012, 08:50 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by Colorado Guy AF Ret.
A quick note or two. I changed my color back to the White Pearl. That's really what my wife wanted and it will be at the dealer's in approx. 10 to 14 days. The FSM color was not coming in and it would have been a "hunt" and redirection to get one.
One thing I was a little shocked about, and that is the new RDX does not use gas struts for the hood! Has the old "stick" to hold up the hood. My Accord V6 comes with gas struts for the hood. My CRV's had/have the "stick", but, moving up to the Acura I figured it should have the gas struts. But, there is so much to like and there is usually something we would change. The many "likes" outweigh the "dislikes."
Now I've ended up with 2 white vehicles. Never had 2 with the same color. Well, almost, standard white and a pearl white. Both have parchment interiors.
Congrats to RF40 for getting your pricing. Great job!!
Thanks and funny you mention you having 2 white vehicles as I now have two black/black ones. I originally wanted white pearl myself, but the parchment interior just didn't seem smart for me with a young child so black should work out well despite us having 2 black Acura's now...lmao
Old 06-02-2012, 11:22 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

RF40..actually I've used both methods when trading. I used to negotiate the $ difference between the 2 cars and that worked pretty well. For the last several trades I have gone to getting the price for the new vehicle, with them not knowing if I was trading something or not. That has worked pretty well too. For this RDX trade, which I finalized today by the way, I got a great deal on the RDX and actually negotiated more for my '11 CRV and accessories for the RDX. It worked out pretty well. I made this deal with the owner of the dealership. First time doing that. Monday I will talk to the Gen. Sales Mgr. and find out the latest on when my RDX is due in. And let him know what I want done or not done to the new RDX when it arrives. For instance..." do not put a dealer name plaque on the rear hatch!" I'm anxious to get it home and really take it for a good drive! LOL! It has the same engine as my '12 Accord Cpe. and they both have the paddle shifters. Hmmm...maybe I'll drag race them against each other! OK....NOT!
Old 06-02-2012, 11:31 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

oops...My last post was mainly for RDXAWDTech'13! Sorry RF40! But, to you, thanks for your comments. Funny how that works out at times. I have favored white cars over the years....but, not pearl white. I had owned one before and it's a color that is hard to match or touch up. But, this was for my wife...it was her color choice...and, as they say, when wifey is happy you're happy!! Now I have to worry about "body dings" or rock dings every day!! I owned one black car and although they look great when super clean and waxed, keeping them that way is just too much work. I'm getting too old for all that babying that I used to do. I still pamper my cars, but, I don't wipe them down after every time out like I used to!! LOL!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:48 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Smile New to Forum...

Hello Forum!

I just picked up an RDX base here in South Florida. I leased it on June 1st, not expecting a good deal because it was the beginning of the month ( I was working the 30th and 31st), but being that it was rainy day, I was the ONLY sale of the day. This also happened to be the largest dealership between West Palm Beach, FL and Tenn. I walked in there VERY DIRECT and to the point (NO test drive, didn't even sit down initially) and in the end I was able to get 12K per year, $1500 Total out of pocket, $460/mo (tax included) (partly because of $850 neg. equity on my outgoing Lexus IS). The selling price was $33,150 (with dest., dealer fee, etc.), which I thought was a good deal. The $0 down lease show on Acura's site "lease specials" was $470/mo+tax only 10K per year. Plus, my trade was black booked at only 22K and they gave me 25K. I did tell a little fib and tell them another dealership offered me 25K, only, it was a Jeep dealership, lol.

I leased a Graphite Luster/Parchment combo, and LOVE it! Leased a Civic a few years ago, but this is my first Acura. Looking forward to many more.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by madrye28
I did tell a little fib and tell them another dealership offered me 25K, only, it was a Jeep dealership, lol.
How do you even sleep at night?! *LMAO* Just kidding....and welcome to Acurazine and congrats on your new vehicle!!
Old 06-04-2012, 01:49 PM
Car Crazy for Sure!

Hey Rocketsfan...I have owned many parchment (tan) interiors. First issue is...do you have small children...or "lots" of riders often?? But, for me, I prefer lighter interiors rather than sitting in a dark dungeon! I use leather cleaner/conditioner regularly and really have not had a problem with the parchment looking nice. Truth be told....dark leather interiors need just as much care....but, many people don't do it 'cause they can't SEE the dirt! LOL!! Then the leather is not protected and conditioned.
My '12 Accord Cpe. is white with parchment. I really like it. I've had other parchment interiors with darker exteriors...a classic look.

So, those are things for you to think about. I was going to get the Forged Silver Met. with parchment....but, availability was "thin" and there was a Pearl White on the way in...NOT spoken for yet. And it was what my wife really wanted....DARN...timing is everything! I don't look forward to the care and difficult touch-up that Pearl White requires. I will have the front end clear bra wrapped, aslo mirrors, and door handle coves. People that use 3M clear bra on their cars sometimes forget about the wear and tear that goes on "behind the door handles" where those coves always end up being scratched. Piece of clear bra in there takes care of that issue on any color. I always remind my wife about her rings, nails when opening and also on the leather steering wheel cover that can and has been "sliced" in past leather wheels.

Quick note about clear bras. It's an art putting it on correctly....and not too many in that business truly know how to do a "full frontal wrap" since it's NOT easy to do correctly. Luckily I found an expert who does excellent window tinting and clear bra work.
So, ask the right questions...and ask to see a sample of their work!
Old 06-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Suzuka Master

Everything I read about clear bra, I think...NOW THAT is a concept I wished would have applied not only to cars! *lol*
Old 06-04-2012, 08:11 PM
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
is sale slowing down drastically? it went to full or above MSRP at some dealers to ~$2k off now? I think the diff between invoice and MSRP is about $1800-2000, so most deals on here are at or below invoice.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by richardyc
is sale slowing down drastically? it went to full or above MSRP at some dealers to ~$2k off now? I think the diff between invoice and MSRP is about $1800-2000, so most deals on here are at or below invoice.
"The Invoice Price" is not truly what the dealer paid for the vehicle (though they will tell you it is until they are blue in the face), but rather a number that the manufacturer posts to help the DEALER with price negotiations. The truth is, the BETTER the car is selling (the RDX just has its BEST sales month in history for the month of May ) and with that comes great sales incentives from Acura to the dealers. Up to 50% of their profits come from Monthly/Quarterly bonuses from the manufacturer.

Link to sales results: http://www.goodcarbadcar.net/

Acura RDX May Sales Results: 3301 units sold (+217%)
Old 06-05-2012, 12:15 AM
Car Crazy for Sure!

I can tell you exactly what the invoice is..in the U.S. on the AWD Tech version. The MSRP is $40,315 (includes delivery)....the Invoice is...$38,260. That's a difference of $2,055. No, the dealer does not pay invoice for their vehicles. There is a dealer "holdback" amount....on the base model it is $700. I know it's more on the top model. So, if you pay MSRP they are making approx. $2,755. But, dealers make a bigger profit margin on the used cars they sell. And owners have always admitted to me that is the truth.

I don't see where "most deals" folks here have been getting is at or below invoice!! No..that would be a rare if at all sales right now.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Instructor

May 2012 was the best sales month in the history of the RDX (1st & 2nd Gen). As far as people getting below invoice deals, I didn't ($600 above invoice but $1300 below MSRP on a AWD non-tech) but I do not regret the deal at all even after reading everyone's contributions.

I also think that people who post here are generally rather knowledgable so the cross section (without getting into statistics) that we are looking at is skewed from the general acura buying population, at least a little. For everyone who gets one at invoice and posts here there are probably 3-5 buyers who are looking at MSRP to $500 below MSRP. At least.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:43 PM
Advanced

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey everyone,

I wanted to thank everyone in this thread for making my first-time buying process a lot easier, especially QuakerWildcat. I drove off Sunday in a 2013 Acura RDX w/ Tech in Graphite Luster Metallic / Ebony, including Roof Rails and Protection Package.

I originally wanted no accessories, but the dealer gave me $1000 off MSRP, no destination fee, dealer price for the accessories (around $1000), and an extra $1000 for my 2003 Honda Accord. It was the best price I could get after asking around five dealers in Orange County, CA, especially since the 2013 models don't sit in the dealer lot for long!

I'll post pictures in the gallery in a bit, but I wanted to thank everyone and share my experience.

Quick Reply: 2013 RDX Pricing