What's up with some CL Drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 10:43 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's up with some CL Drivers?

So today I am at the gas station filling the tank to my CLS when all of the sudden another CLS pulls up (Very nice looking, lowered with wheels & GOLD color) he get's out of his car and walks to the mini Mart at the gas station. As he walks I say to him "Nice Ride" , he just keeps walking to the Mini Mart, so I say to myself okay maybe he didn't here me (although it was only him and I at the gas station) I wait for him to come back to his car, and thinking since his car is lowered and has 17"inch wheels onto his CLS (Not the stock ones but aftermarket) I think to myself he must be a car enthusiast and must like talking about his car.

So he is walking back to his car and I say to him one more time "Nice Ride" he just nods his head, thinking he might strike up conversation, I say to him "Do you belong to the Cl Forum?" and again he just nods his head no (without saying anything) gets into his car and exits the gas station like there is no tomorrow.

Now mind you that this is not the first time that I try to have a conversation with another CLS member and they just either ignore you, turn away or speed off.

Anyone else have any negative experiences with other CL cars out on the road???

I just wish everyone would just be as cool as the members on this board who share thier common interests. and the love. or problems with their cars
Old 12-28-2001, 10:48 PM
Banned

Re: What's up with some CL Drivers?

Doesn't surprise me.People with lowered cars and oversized rims are better than meere mortals... Didn't you know that?!?!?! He was probably waiting for you to buy him a soda or offer to wash his wheels.
Old 12-28-2001, 11:04 PM
Race Director

Hey, that very well could have been someone on this board. This place is full of criminals and outlaws and rude people and...

j/k
Old 12-28-2001, 11:21 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 698 Likes on 540 Posts
I think people are scared of strangers in general... Maybe he thought you were going to f.... him or something
Old 12-28-2001, 11:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Re: Re: What's up with some CL Drivers?

Originally posted by Scorpius
.People with lowered cars and oversized rims are better than meere mortals... Didn't you know that?!?!?!
oversized rims? He said he had 17s...

Maybe the driver didnt know english? I dunno its just a guess...
Old 12-29-2001, 12:00 AM
Racer

Hey Crazy AcuraA..That's what I was thinking too, maybe he didn't speak english. Oh well. No harm in asking him ifhe was a fellow mwmber anyways.
Old 12-29-2001, 12:01 AM
Racer

Geez... I need to learn how to type again!!! :P
Old 12-29-2001, 12:40 AM
Instructor

i never get this whole thing.. are you supposed to get out and give the guy a hug and a kiss cause you have the same car? i mean where does it end? do you wave at all acura drivers then? then how about all honda drivers? hell just wave at all people that have a car..
its just a car, not a frat..
Old 12-29-2001, 03:09 AM
Down The Of System

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Woh..... Someone have a bad day today???
Old 12-29-2001, 10:00 AM
BC
nearsighted visionary

Don't lose faith on bipeds. Might be he just slammed his door on some extremity and was gritting his teeth to keep from screaming. I would not ignore someone who passed me a compliment, but I'm not always ready for long conversations with strangers. Seize ya.
Old 12-29-2001, 01:41 PM

It's a person thing. I've met MANY a Lex driver similar to the one you encountered. Many people don't know jack $hit about cars, put on rims, lower it , camber probably off etc etc and basically are POSING! Not really an entusiest at all!
Old 12-29-2001, 03:25 PM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Duse its not the car that people drive its the people... You always got those non personality people that getting them to talk is like pulling teeth. Then you get the juiceheads that just talk about what cycle of steriods there on and how many cc's they take.
(we got lots of them in NJ)

I bumped into people with the CL that were cool , and others that were dicks.
Old 12-29-2001, 03:35 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Awwww, don't worry about him, he just needed a hug!

Not all of us are like this person, most of us are really dicks!!! Hell, some of us even are assholes - point is, you can't please or expect everyone to be nice to you. He doesn't speak - well, his loss for information and possible benefits from fellow forum members.

But, if you see him next time, just piss in his cornflakes! Yeah, whip it right out and just go "WHOOSH" all in his eats!
Old 12-29-2001, 03:40 PM
Learn to swim.

Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe he was late. Maybe he was constipated. Maybe his jaw was wired shut.

Just becasue someone doesn't want to jump into a conversation with a complete stranger based on the similarities of their cars alone does not mean there is anything wrong with them. A car is just a car, just because two people have the same car does not mean they share anything else in common. I don't understand why many people think this way as often as they do. "I said 'Hi', and he didn't want to talk to me. He must be an ASSHOLE!"

I personally don't give a flying fuck if someone likes my car and wants to talk about it. Usually, when I go to the gas station I am there to get gas, not make friends or conversation. You should be happy with the nod, at least he recognized you making noise. About the wheels, wow -so everyone with a USMC sticker on their car is a Marine right? And everyone with a FSA, or NASA sticker is an astronaught? Aftermarket rims and a lowered car don't always make a car enthusiast, often times they make for thugs or drug dealers.

Just because someone doesn't take the time to pamper your need for recognition doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them. Maybe you look like a pervert, or just plain dumb. 90% of the people in the world are dumber than they look. If they don't make eye contact, don't bother yeling at their back. Relax, and enjoy the show. Don't yell at the TV.
Old 12-29-2001, 03:53 PM
Banned

Originally posted by aeon
Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe he was late. Maybe he was constipated. Maybe his jaw was wired shut.

Just becasue someone doesn't want to jump into a conversation with a complete stranger based on the similarities of their cars alone does not mean there is anything wrong with them. A car is just a car, just because two people have the same car does not mean they share anything else in common. I don't understand why many people think this way as often as they do. "I said 'Hi', and he didn't want to talk to me. He must be an ASSHOLE!"

I personally don't give a flying fuck if someone likes my car and wants to talk about it. Usually, when I go to the gas station I am there to get gas, not make friends or conversation. You should be happy with the nod, at least he recognized you making noise. About the wheels, wow -so everyone with a USMC sticker on their car is a Marine right? And everyone with a FSA, or NASA sticker is an astronaught? Aftermarket rims and a lowered car don't always make a car enthusiast, often times they make for thugs or drug dealers.

Just because someone doesn't take the time to pamper your need for recognition doesn't mean there is anything wrong with them. Maybe you look like a pervert, or just plain dumb. 90% of the people in the world are dumber than they look. If they don't make eye contact, don't bother yeling at their back. Relax, and enjoy the show. Don't yell at the TV.

If somebody says hi to me I am going to say hello back... its called being polite. This guy probably thought he was better than everyone else... I see it all the time. I've had people tell me they liked the car - total strangers and I said a few words, even when I'm getting gas. The guy was an asshole no doubt about it.
Whats wrong with having a NASA sticker?
Old 12-29-2001, 04:06 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by nt5k
i never get this whole thing.. are you supposed to get out and give the guy a hug and a kiss cause you have the same car? i mean where does it end? do you wave at all acura drivers then? then how about all honda drivers? hell just wave at all people that have a car..
exactly. maybe the guy just didnt want to talk to you? so what? he didnt say "yea i know its a nice car go fuck yourself", he just nodded his head and was on his way.
Old 12-29-2001, 04:20 PM
Learn to swim.

Originally posted by Scorpius

If somebody says hi to me I am going to say hello back... its called being polite. This guy probably thought he was better than everyone else... I see it all the time. I've had people tell me they liked the car - total strangers and I said a few words, even when I'm getting gas. The guy was an asshole no doubt about it.
Whats wrong with having a NASA sticker?
A nod is more than sufficient. Have you ever seen him before? No. Will you ever again? Likely not. Unless you know the man previously, or he owes you some type of favor, then just be happy he even nodded. Why is it that you think you are worthy of anymore of his time? How pretentious of you to think that you are the only thing revolving in that man's world.

"Gee, he is obviously here to get gas, so that must mean he wants to talk to me and has something to say!"

Gimme a break...
Old 12-29-2001, 05:17 PM
Intermediate

This discussion points to the importance of civility in our culture. If all of us, even if we don't particularly feel like it, were to respond to remarks, even those made by strangers, in a pleasant, courteous way, perhaps our society would be a little less hostile. There is certainly no need for an extended conversation, only a brief, polite response.
Old 12-29-2001, 08:32 PM
Subie Dubie

Obviously you DON'T get it. It is like a fraternity, we do like to meet and hang out with fellow owners. We do like to say hi to people who own a CL-S. If they don't reply, i don't care. But i do find it odd. By the way, do you ever go to races ? Do you not understand the loyalty to a make or brand ? Go get a Yugo, then you'll never have to worry about seeing another owner.
Old 12-29-2001, 09:52 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Red Rider

Obviously you DON'T get it. It is like a fraternity, we do like to meet and hang out with fellow owners. We do like to say hi to people who own a CL-S. If they don't reply, i don't care. But i do find it odd. By the way, do you ever go to races ? Do you not understand the loyalty to a make or brand ? Go get a Yugo, then you'll never have to worry about seeing another owner.
ok then next time i'll give the guy a cookie and go over to his house and play some PS2 games with him.. i never liked frats anyway so i guess i don't really give a shit. if you are so starved for attention than that is your issue, maybe mommy and daddy should have loved you more..
Old 12-29-2001, 10:02 PM
Learn to swim.

Originally posted by Red Rider

I do not see how owning a certain type of mass production car in any way equates to a fraternity. Fraternity's usually consist of people of approximately the same age who attend the same school and root for the same football team. We, as owners of Acuras do not work in the same field, our age range goes from 17 to somewhere around 50, our tastes in music/women/clothing/politics is different, and even those of us on this board alone have problems getting along at times. So how is it that I should feel in some way connected to another man or woman based soley on the fact that we drive the same car? I do not understand it nor do I feel obligated to treat them differently than someone in a BMW. My car has absolutley NOTHING to do with my personality or me as a person. It gets me from point A to point B. Rarely do I even find myself talking about my car with friends.

Now I understand the courtesy part and do believe in it. But do not label someone an asshole because he did not want to strike up a conversation with a stranger just because of a compliment on his car. If he likes his car, he does not need someone else to tell him it is nice. Which, coming from a person with the same car could be taken many ways. As you point out, this is not a couteous world we live in, so don't expect so much and take the nod with the bad.
Old 12-29-2001, 10:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by aeon

My car has absolutley NOTHING to do with my personality or me as a person. It gets me from point A to point B. Rarely do I even find myself talking about my car with friends.

Now I understand the courtesy part and do believe in it. But do not label someone an asshole because he did not want to strike up a conversation with a stranger just because of a compliment on his car.
On the first part above - if you have a CLS to get you from point A to point B you might have done yourself a favor and got a Honda Civic to save some beans

On the 2nd part, I think it is reasonable to just expect a "thanks man - I like it ..." - just courtesy is cool. Not sure it is reasonable to expect your new best friend. I think the diversity has been made more than apparent as seen on this board here
Old 12-30-2001, 05:29 AM
Learn to swim.

On the first part above - if you have a CLS to get you from point A to point B you might have done yourself a favor and got a Honda Civic to save some beans

Well, I like to get from point A to point B with heated seats, airbags, and leather.

On the 2nd part, I think it is reasonable to just expect a "thanks man - I like it ..." - just courtesy is cool. Not sure it is reasonable to expect your new best friend. I think the diversity has been made more than apparent as seen on this board here

You are likely right here, though just because all he gave was a nod does not make him an asshole and that "something is up" with him. I nod and say Thanks, but that is it. I do not feel the need to talk very often. And sometimes all I give is a nod and a smile.
Old 12-30-2001, 04:57 PM
Subie Dubie

ok then next time i'll give the guy a cookie and go over to his house and play some PS2 games with him.. i never liked frats anyway so i guess i don't really give a shit. if you are so starved for attention than that is your issue, maybe mommy and daddy should have loved you more..
Hey idiot, why do you even come here, you don't like the car. Go troll on the Yugo board. Yeah, whine some more will ya.
Old 12-30-2001, 05:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Thread is going nowhere but south.