Ordered the OptiBlue's today...anything i should worry bout??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2002 | 07:40 PM
'Cooter

Ordered the OptiBlue's today...anything i should worry bout??

im goin against my fellow colleague AztecRol's PIAA 19615 choice for highbeam for 3 reasons:

1. 5000K vs. 4000K
2. 100 watts vs. 120 watts
3. it appears the Optiblue's have a darker blue tint, which is exactly what i'm looking for
4. half as much as the PIAA's, maybe even less

for those who have em, any issues u've run into, such as they burn out easily, they're not as bright as u thought, etc.??

BTW Aztec, the rest of the lighting goes to PIAA
Old 04-13-2002 | 01:58 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

I don't blame you one bit!!!!! With all the research that you and I have done on this subject, you have the RIGHT to buy any high beams you want!!!!! I want to see pics as soon as you have them installed!!! Hell, I wanna see pics of them in the package!! The link below is the one you are looking for with the pics I took of my interior lights. I also bumped it up in Car Talk for all the newbies who have been asking about the lighting!!!! Can't wait to see the finished product!!!===> CLICK HERE <===
My PIAA 19615's were $60 shipped from Options Auto Salon (where else??) What are you paying for your high beams and where from???
Funny how that was your post, and I totally HI-JACKED it!!!! LOL!!! I was DESTINED to be the of lighting!!!!
Old 04-13-2002 | 07:46 AM
'Cooter

Originally posted by AztecRol
I don't blame you one bit!!!!! With all the research that you and I have done on this subject, you have the RIGHT to buy any high beams you want!!!!! I want to see pics as soon as you have them installed!!! Hell, I wanna see pics of them in the package!! The link below is the one you are looking for with the pics I took of my interior lights. I also bumped it up in Car Talk for all the newbies who have been asking about the lighting!!!! Can't wait to see the finished product!!!===> CLICK HERE <===
My PIAA 19615's were $60 shipped from Options Auto Salon (where else??) What are you paying for your high beams and where from???
Funny how that was your post, and I totally HI-JACKED it!!!! LOL!!! I was DESTINED to be the of lighting!!!!
$38 includes everything from www.autodynamic.com
Old 04-14-2002 | 01:07 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

SCOOTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your PM box is full!!!!! Empyt it!!!!!!
Ok, we now return you to your regularly scheduled program!!!
Old 04-14-2002 | 01:25 PM
'Cooter

Originally posted by AztecRol
SCOOTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your PM box is full!!!!! Empyt it!!!!!!
Ok, we now return you to your regularly scheduled program!!!
thanx for the heads up

hopefully, ill get them sometime this week for me to install by the weekend
Old 04-14-2002 | 06:10 PM
9th Gear

If color is all you are looking for?

Scooter,
I think in comparison you may find the PIAA's to have a brighter light and a longer through, but if you are looking for a cool color then you picked the right light. Just don't be disapointed when you can't see as far as with your stock 9005s

I've tried a few different types all with large kelvin ratings at what I thought were great prices, none of them through out at many Lumins as the PIAA.

Good luck in your choice!
Old 04-17-2002 | 10:07 PM
'Cooter

after crawling up the walls for days waiting for tons of lights, the first ones come in just a couple til bandwidth comes back...props to my man Ernie for puttin these up...my impressions...very nice touch, especially with the red...it's actually a nice contrast!!

Old 04-17-2002 | 10:08 PM
'Cooter

the amount of lumination is quite good with these BTW
Old 04-18-2002 | 06:12 AM
'Cooter

had a chance this morning to test out the brights (since i take the 5:30 train every morning)...here's the scoop...they aren't as "powerful" a beam...like they're not concentrated a beam...it's more of a spread out beam...and it's not white white...it's like a bit of a blue/green tint, similar to the Polarg M6/PIAA 19224's...it actually blends in somewhat with the regular HID's, so when both sets are on, u can still see the outlines of the regular headlights, and the brights illuminate a wide area around the front, not directly ahead like the stock high beams...and i did not see the alien light, maybe b/c of the lack on concentration of beams.
Old 04-18-2002 | 06:42 AM
'Cooter

1 major negative on this kind of mod...if u're car is lowered, u have to squat down really low to see the blue, otherwise the angles u're looking at the housings standing up won't show it very well, only a smidgen really...but if that doesn't bother u, then it's all good