My cls almost got stolen...

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2002 | 01:02 AM
Powered By HONDA

My cls almost got stolen...

my cls almost got stolen twice by same group of people. :angry: ...a lot of cars around my apartment neibourhood either got break in or had something stolen....and my neighbour saw two guys try to open my cls' door by using some kind of long steel tool...:sqntfawk: but my cls is ok now..(touch wood)...any body has any idea to protect the cars? i hate thieves
Old 05-04-2002 | 01:50 AM
Safety Car

Re: My cls almost got stolen...

Originally posted by Type S
....and my neighbour saw two guys try to open my cls' door by using some kind of long steel tool...:sqntfawk:
Um... yeah, in grand theft auto speak I believe they call that tool a "slim-jim"... anyway get caught with one and its about the same as having lock pick tools or a combination set of keys, all are a crime to carry (other than locksmith/Towing co.)
Old 05-04-2002 | 02:09 AM
Pro

Re: Re: My cls almost got stolen...

Originally posted by nate'sCLS

Um... yeah, in grand theft auto speak I believe they call that tool a "slim-jim"... anyway get caught with one and its about the same as having lock pick tools or a combination set of keys, all are a crime to carry (other than locksmith/Towing co.)
in florida thats a midemeanor basically a slap on the wrists fuckin sucks !!! i used to be pretty wild as a teen and did my fair share of break ins so i know what a thief targets i try to stay away from parking in unlit areas at night never ever leave anything in sight not even a pack of cigarettes (im serious muhfuckas will smash your window for a pack of newports or marlboros) back in the day cell phone cords were about 80-100 bucks so those were targeted also, plus there was always the hope it was still attached to the phone cd cases big it shows signs of a system plus they are mistaked for purses and purses well hell tell your lady to carry that in thats a definite smash ... also never park where a hedge is taller then you ...
Old 05-04-2002 | 02:13 AM
Banned

Type S:
A shotgun and a stakeout...works every time . Aim for their kneecaps.

Austin519
Old 05-04-2002 | 03:11 AM
Race Director

I'd fucking wait for them and have a gun ready take the law into your own hands. I hate that shit, people who still piss me off. Sell drugs make a honest living.

Umm as far as the slim jim thing, my dad owns a few repair shops so he is allowed to carry one, which means anyone at a repair shop can carry one which opens the field to a lot of people.
Old 05-04-2002 | 03:19 AM
Fuct in the hed!

I'm with Austin..............
Old 05-04-2002 | 03:45 AM
aka gimmesomesugar

Put a club on the steering wheel. Won't stop the professional thieves, but it'll make the amateurs think twice.

Also, not only do you remove everything from sight, but leave your glove box, coin box, center console, cup holder, and backseat center console empty and open. Thieves won't break into your car if they see for themselves and know that your car is truly devoid of all valuables. A little bit of a hassle, but at least you know they won't be able to steal anything...since there's nothing for them to steal.
Old 05-04-2002 | 07:30 AM
Moo
Pro

Originally posted by Austin519
Type S:
A shotgun and a stakeout...works every time . Aim for their kneecaps.

Austin519
I say go for the head. By aiming for the kneecaps most likely they'll live through it and will testify against ya. Make sure you pump a couple of extra rounds in em just to make sure they dead!!
Old 05-04-2002 | 09:43 AM
on bin laden

Originally posted by Satin Slayer
Put a club on the steering wheel. Won't stop the professional thieves, but it'll make the amateurs think twice.

Also, not only do you remove everything from sight, but leave your glove box, coin box, center console, cup holder, and backseat center console empty and open. Thieves won't break into your car if they see for themselves and know that your car is truly devoid of all valuables. A little bit of a hassle, but at least you know they won't be able to steal anything...since there's nothing for them to steal.
move to minnesota ... we don't worry about shit like this
Old 05-04-2002 | 10:34 AM
Drifting

yeah, its too damn cold in MN for people to be stealing cars.
Originally posted by fbazakos

move to minnesota ... we don't worry about shit like this
Old 05-04-2002 | 10:56 AM
go like hell

time to install Lo-Jack . guns are alright just don't get caught with one in the car loaded otherwise you'll end up like P.Diddy I once heard of a guy had a nice stereo. he parked his car one night in this parking lot. anyhow this guy(owned the car) rigged it up with razor blades so if anyone trys to steal the headunit they'd get the sh!t cut out of them basically. anyhow so someone of course tried to rip off his headunit. the robber turned around and SUED the guy and won . not only did he have to pay the deductable for insurance to pay for the car to be fixed on top of that they had to pay this idiots hospital bill plus "emmotional damages" . this might sound mean but if i was that judge I would have told the robber to get out of my court NOW
Old 05-04-2002 | 10:59 AM
Suzuka Master

for now I would say atleast get a shock sensor added to your factory alarm.
Old 05-04-2002 | 11:02 AM
Burn some dust here

This happened with a friend of mines car about 4 months. It got broken into twice within a week. So one night we put a sign on the windshield that said "If you open this car door, by the authority of Auburn Police, we are allowed to shoot you from our balcony will do so the moment you open the door." Sure enough, that night when the thieves came, we sat out on his balcony with a laser pointer and as soon as they got to the car, we shined iton the hood going towards them and eventually put it on one of the guys faces. To put it this way, I have never seen two 200lb men run that fast in my life.
BTW, using a laser pointer to look like gun laser on an absolute idiots forehead...Priceless
Old 05-04-2002 | 11:08 AM
go like hell

HEY cob that's a great idea I died laughing when you said about those lazer pointers.(you can pick up a good one for what 10-15 bucks) . I don't blame the robbers running like mad men I would too If I had what i thought was lazer scope on me
Old 05-04-2002 | 11:39 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by pgatour1
I'd fucking wait for them and have a gun ready take the law into your own hands.
Damb straight! Or the nice wooden bat I have I wouldn't pull the gun unless I needed to.
Old 05-04-2002 | 11:53 AM
Type-S Owns All

After you shoot them in the knee caps...cut the fooker's hands off. Then see if he tries to steal anything else again!!!!!! Fargin bastages!!!!
Old 05-04-2002 | 12:02 PM
on bin laden

Originally posted by spiroh
yeah, its too damn cold in MN for people to be stealing cars.
:sqntfawk: we broke 60 today ...
Old 05-04-2002 | 12:50 PM
Instructor

I have a HS2000 (basically a Glock 19) w/ a mounted laser sight...HydraShocks and Black Talons staggered...then I have my Wincester Defender pistol grip 12 gauge in case things really get messy...then of course you need a cheap, crappy gun to plant as evidence...it's not good to kill people if they don't shoot at you first....
Old 05-04-2002 | 02:44 PM
Pro

Originally posted by Gator CL-S
I have a HS2000 (basically a Glock 19) w/ a mounted laser sight...HydraShocks and Black Talons staggered...then I have my Wincester Defender pistol grip 12 gauge in case things really get messy...then of course you need a cheap, crappy gun to plant as evidence...it's not good to kill people if they don't shoot at you first....
well my glock 9 always helps too lol
Old 05-04-2002 | 07:42 PM
Instructor

hang out on top of your roof with an auto shotty and an M16 assault rifle...good luck and god speed to ya.
Old 05-04-2002 | 08:32 PM
Instructor

I would love an auto shotty...I'm waiting to get a M4 Super 90...but they are backordered to the marines...you could use an M16, but they are rather long and make a lot of noise...unless you get a supressor...in a couple of months, i should be getting a MP5 SD...9mm fully auto supressed...nobody will ever want to take anything from my house...not even a candy bar...
Old 05-04-2002 | 08:56 PM
Instructor

concept 100

got an alarm with digital tilt sensor, hood and trunk pin, and a phat remote pager that lets me know when the colt cobra has to come out...filled with dumb dumbs(tri state slang for hallow tips)...cost a little but at least the tweakers have to work for their next score..whats up with setting up a so cal meet to see who has the nice clzzzzz?
Old 05-05-2002 | 12:52 AM
Powered By HONDA

BTT
any more idea or opion? what kind of alarm is best to add on the stock alarm?? brand and price?thanks
Old 05-05-2002 | 06:20 AM
Banned

Water-S:
That tale's actually folklore...I've heard it numerous times on everything from on the rims to the HIDs to whatever...it isn't true.

fbazakos:
Or he could move to TX...those of us in the Austin/Dallas/Houston triangle take care of each other...the guys would just...disappear one day...and you wonder what we feed our cows .

RacerXE24:
Hell yeah man medieval style...but don't cut his whole hand off...just his thumbs. Much more fun to see him try to drive the car.

Moo:
Exactly...if you shoot them in the kneecaps they'll live...at least for awhile. I never, ever mentioned what you would do to them afterward...I always enjoyed the idea of tying someone to a slab and sandblasting them until the first two layers of skin were gone...then soaking them in alcohol...then of course lighting it on fire...but that's just me.

Austin519
Old 05-05-2002 | 06:40 AM
Cruisin'

Don't worry about getting your car stolen. I would worry about getting stuff inside the car stolen first. All of our cars have the Honda Immobi system. Basically, the ECM inducts electricity into the key, then the key sends back a digitally incoded security signal (not like the simple resistance "code" that GM uses). You can hotwire the car just like any other and the engine will turn over until the battery or starter gives up, but the fuel and spark will not turn on, until the computer gets the correct signal. ALSO, if you use a slim jim to open the door... the alarm will start making all kinds of noise. So don't worry
Old 05-05-2002 | 07:30 AM
Banned

AcuraguyOH:
As cool and difficult as that sounds...it's extremely easy to crack. Come in with a little home built circuit board and some leads and it's over. Believe me dude...a good comparison is that theives 10 years ago could steal our shit today...but thieves today can. This coming from a comp. engr. who worked for the NSA...you talk to people and learn some really freaky shit that standard criminals nowadays can do. Example? To protect our data we had to 1) wipe our hard drives drives 2) bit erase our hard drives 3) dismantle our hard drives 4) shred the disks 5) incinerate what's left and 6) take those ashes, and bury them somewhere I never found out about. Up to step 4 anyone can recover the data, up to 5 a lot could. So apply this kind of readily available knowledge to something as wimpy as our little calculator sized "ECUs" and well...

Austin519
Old 05-05-2002 | 12:12 PM
Three Wheelin'

Yeah people smash windows for alot of stupid reasons. A friend of mine who has a BMW, parked in Brooklyn somewhere. He came out, & his drivers side window was smashed. Now this is funny... He's a good church boy & the only thing that was taking was his leather covered Bible! All his CD's were there, even the $5 in the ashtray. I guess this bright person though it was a purse of some sort.
Old 05-05-2002 | 05:54 PM
go like hell

whoever stole the bible is gonna burn in hell for sure
Old 05-06-2002 | 12:48 AM
8th Gear

make a fuel cut off switch. but don't make the switch obvious. Make something like your sunroof switch or anything your switch.

next, put one of those air horns inside the car. So when those bastards get in the car, its so loud they can't handle the noise.

if you want, get a alarm that has a pager. lojack isn't as good as it sounds, thats what other ppl say.
Old 05-06-2002 | 06:55 AM
Three Wheelin'

Clifford makes this little fuel cutoff thing. My Explorer has it. I guess the previous owner had it put on. It's a little triangle shaped housing that you have to insert a little key to start the truck.
Old 05-06-2002 | 12:05 PM
Instructor

All you need to do is install a kill switch! Wire it to your starter and hit the switch at night. And make sure you empty out your car of valubles, that way if they are able to get into your car, they cant hot wire it (cause the switch) and there wont be anything to steal on the inside!
Before my boyfriend (this is his screen name) shipped off for the army, i installed a switch in his CL. You just have to find a good place to hide it!
Old 05-07-2002 | 05:56 PM
Cruisin'

While it is true that ANY computer can be bypassed/rigged if you are a comp sci guy from the NSA.. There aren't too many people out there who have the necessary training to "hot-wire" our cars. Each of our cars comes from the factory programmed for 3 keys. If a code other than these three keys is tried more than 3 times, the ECU will no longer work and has to be replaced. Even though the wimpy computers aren't that complicated you'd have to be one hell of a guesser to start the car in less than 3 tries. I don't think many thieves will waste their time trying to steal the car. Just hide all of the valuable stuff and you should be golden. The only way I could see it being a possibility is if the thief actually carried an ECU with him. Then we are ALL screwed! All he would have to do is have a key that matched the ecu and hold the key near the ign switch while hotwiring it. Scary, but VERY true..
Old 05-07-2002 | 06:14 PM
Banned

DAMN......what neighborhood do you live in?! Remind to never go there. I live in downtown Bellevue and haven't had any problems as of yet. I got my car keyed at the Park N' Ride at I-90 and Bellevue Way. BUMMIN', but other than that I've been okay. Seriously.....where are you located exactly?!
Old 05-07-2002 | 06:48 PM
Suzuka Master

i am with AcuraguyOH

i used to own a 2000 honda accord and never had to worry about the car getting stolen

the factory immobilizer should be sufficient

although austin has made a good arguments that breaking the code is very possible and very easy if you know what you are doing,

it all comes down to some common sense.

what type of people are going to steal cars?

its going to be some dirt bag off the street or a coupe of teen age kids just having a good time, obviously about 99% of these people are not going to know how to break the immolizer code.

the people who know how to break the codes, most likely dont have the balls or they may know better or maybe they dont have to steal cars to make a living.

austin do u think u could steal a car? i dont think you would although u may know how. why? because u dont have to u will probably make enough money in a few years that it won't matter.

well lets say u know how to break immolizer codes and have the courage and need the money

are u going to

A. steal a accord

B. steal a cl-s

C. steal a ferrari

its just like the movie gone in 60 seconds, no one stole accords or cl-s, stealing exotic cars was the only thing worth stealing.

no one is going to waste time with our cars

if anything i would worry about what u put in your car and leave in the car. people can break into your car and steal your system or whatever u leave in it. now that is something you cant avoid 100%.

also

if you have spent serious G's on your car like decking everything out from performance to stereo to custom body kits then you might have to worry about someone stealing your car

but then again if you could afford to spend sooo much on a car you probably have a nice garage that is heavily guarded

clubs for the steering wheels are just a waist of money

robbers will just saw off the steering wheel to get that piece of shit off anyways

sidemarker
Old 05-07-2002 | 09:42 PM
Sold 12/29/04 :-(

originally posted by Type S
...any body has any idea to protect the cars? i hate thieves
The Club, Alarms, Kill Swithes are all fun toys but they do not work. The only theft deterrant I have found to be effective (except if they tow your car) is the AUTOLOCK

I personally use it on my car.
CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE

Common Sense Defenses Against Auto Theft

September 5, 2000 - No vehicle is 100 percent theft-proof. But the more time a thief has to spend to steal a car, the less likely they will be to try in the first place. These simple common sense defenses will help make your vehicle a tougher target and hopefully encourage thieves to move on to another, more vulnerable catch.

1. ALWAYS LOCK YOUR CAR.
2. Engage all anti-theft devices; passive and active combinations work best.
3. Take your keys with you and NEVER hide a spare set of keys in your car.
4. Park in well-lit areas and/ or attended lots.
5. Leave only the ignition key and door key with parking lot attendants.
6. NEVER leave a running car unattended.
7. Close all windows when parked.
8. If you have a garage, use it and make sure you LOCK the garage.
9. Don't leave valuables in plain view.
10. Always take parking tickets with you.
11. Park with wheels turned towards the curb.
12. If your car is rear-wheel drive, back in the driveway.
13. Always use the emergency brake.
14. Never leave the registration or title in your car.
15. Etch vehicle identification numbers (VIN) on the car windows.
16. Engrave expensive accessories and major pars with your VIN
17. Drop business cards, address labels or other identification inside vehicle doors.

Take these simple precautions and your car will stand a much better chance of being right where you left it when you return.
Old 05-07-2002 | 11:11 PM
Banned

AcuraguyOH:
The point of listing who I was and what I did was to say I know what I'm talking about here...not that you have to be one to do it. You can buy units that allow you to bypass the ECU. The ECU is a "dumb" computer. It can be bypassed with a few wire taps, you just have to know a bit more than how to open a lock with a coathanger, and I assure you most modern thieves do. No guessing involved. As for the whole carrying an ECU with him...he would have to have the car's exact ECU...not just some standard ECU, for him to copy the key that easily.

Austin519
Old 05-08-2002 | 09:15 AM
Cruisin'

Dude, I don't mean to sound like I'm some know it all AH that is just trying to prove you wrong, but I work at Honda... Trust me the ECU isn't as stupid as you think. We are safe. HOWEVER of the two popular bypass systems for your car, one actually does store the code that is transmitted from your key. If you install this type of system your car can be stolen easily. If you install the alternative bypass system, you actually have to leave a KEY IN YOUR CAR which is even worse! So just don't get a remote start system.

From autotoys.com
The Honda/Acura Immobilizer anti theft system uses a low power transponder mounted in the head of the ignition key. When the vehicle is started, the key cylinder module converts the transponder signal and sends a secure coded signal to the engine control module. If the signal is correct, the car will start.
This special module uses a unique computerized sequence to learn the secure code from the key cylinder module and repeats it when remote start is activate, eliminating the need to leave a key in the car. This unit integrates into the wiring for Honda/Acura anti theft immobilize system allowing remote start while retaining the normal function of the factory immobilize anti theft system. On board LED confirms proper programming. Instructions included. Required for Honda/Acuras with immobilizer keys to incorporate and allow aftermarket remote starts.
Old 05-08-2002 | 03:58 PM
Banned

AcuraguyOH:
Nah you don't sound like one at all. This is a good conversation to have. But believe me...these aren't hard to break with the proper tools...tools that people stealing 30k+ cars should have. Maybe next semester when I have more time I'll go to the shop and build one of these and post a video of me hotwiring my own car. It can be done surprisingly easily.

Austin519
Old 05-08-2002 | 04:09 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by SFLA_Type-S

The Club, Alarms, Kill Swithes are all fun toys but they do not work. The only theft deterrant I have found to be effective (except if they tow your car) is the AUTOLOCK

I personally use it on my car.
CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE

Common Sense Defenses Against Auto Theft

September 5, 2000 - No vehicle is 100 percent theft-proof. But the more time a thief has to spend to steal a car, the less likely they will be to try in the first place. These simple common sense defenses will help make your vehicle a tougher target and hopefully encourage thieves to move on to another, more vulnerable catch.

1. ALWAYS LOCK YOUR CAR.
2. Engage all anti-theft devices; passive and active combinations work best.
3. Take your keys with you and NEVER hide a spare set of keys in your car.
4. Park in well-lit areas and/ or attended lots.
5. Leave only the ignition key and door key with parking lot attendants.
6. NEVER leave a running car unattended.
7. Close all windows when parked.
8. If you have a garage, use it and make sure you LOCK the garage.
9. Don't leave valuables in plain view.
10. Always take parking tickets with you.
11. Park with wheels turned towards the curb.
12. If your car is rear-wheel drive, back in the driveway.
13. Always use the emergency brake.
14. Never leave the registration or title in your car.
15. Etch vehicle identification numbers (VIN) on the car windows.
16. Engrave expensive accessories and major pars with your VIN
17. Drop business cards, address labels or other identification inside vehicle doors.

Take these simple precautions and your car will stand a much better chance of being right where you left it when you return.
The AUTOLOCK has one flaw for sure it won't stop carjackings. This is why Cliffords alarms & some other systems have anticarjacking systems built-in. This is the way they steal cars here in D.C. area they take it from you. They just reported this again on the news. This man was shot in the jaw in a armed
carjacking. The cajackers came up in another car they jacked yesterday. This is the coomon way to steal cars in this area.
This case however the cars stolen were not new they were a 93 & 95 Caddy. The perps appear to be teen age & that is the type of car they drive around with anyway here. But many of the cars here are stolen by carjacking.
Old 05-08-2002 | 08:14 PM
Sold 12/29/04 :-(

Originally posted by FTM-1
The AUTOLOCK has one flaw for sure it won't stop carjackings. This is why Cliffords alarms & some other systems have anticarjacking systems built-in. This is the way they steal cars here in D.C. area they take it from you. They just reported this again on the news. This man was shot in the jaw in a armed
carjacking. The cajackers came up in another car they jacked yesterday. This is the coomon way to steal cars in this area.
This case however the cars stolen were not new they were a 93 & 95 Caddy. The perps appear to be teen age & that is the type of car they drive around with anyway here. But many of the cars here are stolen by carjacking.
Perhaps you are right, The AUTOLOCK will not protect you against car jacking. Here is what I recommend for Car Jackers.

Quick Reply: My cls almost got stolen...