Any clue ?? Both power windows stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Any clue ?? Both power windows stopped working

I THought it was weird but i have noticed that my passengers windows would not roll up once in a while and it would take a restart or battery connect disconnect to get it to work this has happened numerous times for yrs but it seemed to always fix it.
But all of a sudden i just noticed now that both windows will not roll down either from the passenger control or main control from the drivers side. I can hear a clicking sound when i press down the passenger switch from the main unit or from the passenger roll down switch but nothing happens.
I also DO NOT get any clicking sound if i do the same for the driver window.

The passenger side would sometime roll down half way and get stuck, so I have to in the past replace the whole window regulator on passenger side and greased the window mechanism but that did not help or solve the problem so i knew it was something else and returned the old unit.

The driver window has always worked till now.
Now nothing works at all.

WHaT could be the problem?

Main switch ?? Bad battery ?? Fuses?? Regulator ??

I also checked the fuses in the Fuse box and the MAIN Fuse in the engine bay all look OK.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:48 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
I would start with the main drivers side switch. It controls both. If it stops working both windows stop working.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
I would start with the main drivers side switch. It controls both. If it stops working both windows stop working.
thanks...
is there any relay that controls power to both windows ?
Old 01-29-2014, 11:45 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuse?
Old 01-29-2014, 12:06 PM
Registered Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
sorry to hijack, but on a related note I had to replace my battery this week and now the 'auto up/down' feature of the drivers side window stopped working after replacement. Any ideas on how to restore the auto up/down feature?
Old 01-29-2014, 01:34 PM
Quarantuning

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
^ Yeah Austin that's pretty common. Happened to me last year when I upgraded my battery.
It just needs to relearn the auto function for whatever reason.
I think the procedure was hold down the drivers window button and keep it held down for a few seconds after the window has completly lowered. Raise it back up and you should be good.
It could be the opposite of that but I'm pretty sure its button down not up.
The following users liked this post:
AustinTaper (01-29-2014)
Old 01-29-2014, 02:02 PM
Registered Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by SlickShiftNall6
^ Yeah Austin that's pretty common. Happened to me last year when I upgraded my battery.
It just needs to relearn the auto function for whatever reason.
I think the procedure was hold down the drivers window button and keep it held down for a few seconds after the window has completly lowered. Raise it back up and you should be good.
It could be the opposite of that but I'm pretty sure its button down not up.
Thanks sir!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Is this right part ??
can some1 familiar with this parts please confirm ?

part# : 35750-S3M-A01ZA

CLICK ON LINK 35750-S3M-A01ZA
Old 02-01-2014, 10:23 PM
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 64 Posts
That should be the part, but I would run some diagnostics with a test light and jumper wires 1st. $200 is a lot of money. I also see these on ebay all the time. Usually less than $50.
Old 02-10-2014, 05:32 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by poisx7
thanks...
is there any relay that controls power to both windows ?
I decided to replace the power main switch ( got a used one) no difference.
Both windows still did not work

Any others Ideas ??
the Fuse in the passenger side fuse box looks good when i checked.

Any ideas ???????
Old 02-10-2014, 06:05 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
There are relays for the windows under the hood. Are u referring to the main power switch as the relays or?

When I get home I will check the bible and see what it says on the matter
Old 02-10-2014, 08:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
There are relays for the windows under the hood. Are u referring to the main power switch as the relays or?

When I get home I will check the bible and see what it says on the matter
Thanks CL-S progression for your input, i know u have a lot of experience with ur car too over the years.

No, I am referring to actual relays not switches.
i am trying to figure out why both my windows wont roll up or down (its just dead). Rolled them up 3 weeks ago and now they don't work any more.

When I press the down power window switch on the main switch (driver) or passenger side switch all i hear is a click sound on the passenger side and nothing happens.
I replaced the MAIN switch on driver side with a used one but this did not solve the problem so I am trying to figure out what else it could be.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:09 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Ok as the bible says

passenger side under dash fuse relay box. There is the key-off timer circuit which is the biggest of the square objects in there. and off in the corners is the power window relay.

Drivers side under dash fuse relay box. There is the multiplex control unit which is as big as the key-off timer circuit.

On on the 03 specifically there is a power window control unit, located in the drivers side door.

The 03 is equipped with a protection system so if u pinch your hands in the window it will back off automatically.

The 03 is also the only one with the master switch apparently. So I guess u have an 03 CL.

Now that I think of it.. The window lock button may be stuck locked inside.

The master switch is the mechanism that houses the drivers side switches and window lock so you need to pull the door panel off to get that done. ..

Those are all the components. Aside from having a blown fuse or both motors not working.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:27 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
Ok as the bible says

passenger side under dash fuse relay box. There is the key-off timer circuit which is the biggest of the square objects in there. and off in the corners is the power window relay.

Drivers side under dash fuse relay box. There is the multiplex control unit which is as big as the key-off timer circuit.

On on the 03 specifically there is a power window control unit, located in the drivers side door.

The 03 is equipped with a protection system so if u pinch your hands in the window it will back off automatically.

The 03 is also the only one with the master switch apparently. So I guess u have an 03 CL.

Now that I think of it.. The window lock button may be stuck locked inside.

The master switch is the mechanism that houses the drivers side switches and window lock so you need to pull the door panel off to get that done. ..

Those are all the components. Aside from having a blown fuse or both motors not working.
Thanks for the detailed info.

to put things in perspective, i dont have an 03.
so i guess i must referring to a different switch other than the master switch.
i swapped this item pictured below
with a used one from another similar car and tested it out to see if it would work. IT DIDNT.
so i am guessing its not the driver side switch.
Now according to ur guide/bible i might look at the key-off timer circuit 0r the power window relay or the multiplex control unit .
i will try to figure this items out but any illustrations , diagrams or pics on their location would be very helpful.

Thanks once again.
it either this or the stealership for a diagnostic
Old 02-11-2014, 11:00 AM
Racer

Have you gone to your local library to see if they have a factory service manual you can check out? This would have a flow chart to help diagnose your problem. Also be sure the wire that plugs into the door panel is plugged in. When I had to replace my power window module I didn't realize that it had to be plugged in for all the circuits to be completed.
Old 02-11-2014, 11:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Oldsman71
Have you gone to your local library to see if they have a factory service manual you can check out? This would have a flow chart to help diagnose your problem. Also be sure the wire that plugs into the door panel is plugged in. When I had to replace my power window module I didn't realize that it had to be plugged in for all the circuits to be completed.
No one worked on the car in recent times. Last work on windows was like 3 yrs ago and it has being working all this time.

Please what part do u refer to as the power window module ??
Old 02-11-2014, 01:17 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

The acura service manual has a slew of pages dedicated to troubleshooting. There is no step by step progress for diagnosis like you would have for a cel or dtc..

That why I cannot be that specific. For 80 tho it will save u ten times that in a few years. I suggest u focus on getting ur hand on that thing and u will see what u have been missing
Old 02-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Quarantuning

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts
Sounds to me like could be a broken connection in your wiring somewhere.
Its common on these cars to have a broken or pinched wire inside the door panel where it bends to open and close. Open the drivers door panel and pull the plug out and open up the wire loom. Look for the brown or blue wire thats connects to your multiplex control unit. If its not broken check that wire for 5 volts at the switch with the key on accessory.
The multiplex unit controls signals from both window motors and relays to the master switch. If its not making a connection there it will cause both to stop working. Doubt that its the multiplex unit itself because you would have also lost your door locks and mirror functions.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:39 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by poisx7

Please what part do u refer to as the power window module ??

Its a black box under the drivers door panel close to upper right corner. I think it only controls the driver side window though, as my passenger window still worked. I put a brand new $100 part on and thought it didn't fix it. So I started following wires and figured out the wire that feeds the lights in the door panel needs to be connected to complete the circuit, somehow. After I figured this out everything worked and I even rechecked my old module to verify that it was bad.
Old 02-11-2014, 09:48 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by SlickShiftNall6
Sounds to me like could be a broken connection in your wiring somewhere.
Its common on these cars to have a broken or pinched wire inside the door panel where it bends to open and close. Open the drivers door panel and pull the plug out and open up the wire loom. Look for the brown or blue wire thats connects to your multiplex control unit. If its not broken check that wire for 5 volts at the switch with the key on accessory.
The multiplex unit controls signals from both window motors and relays to the master switch. If its not making a connection there it will cause both to stop working. Doubt that its the multiplex unit itself because you would have also lost your door locks and mirror functions.
I agree that the problem is probably a broken wire somewhere. However when my box went bad I'm pretty sure I still had working mirrors and locks, and my passenger window still functioned. Maybe only part of my box was burned out? Someplace on Acurazine is a downloadable service manual for 2g TL. I used the window diagnosis section as a guide to determine my module had failed.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks all, I actually was able to download the service manual for free.
I am gonna give it a go. My guess is it either a bad wire , relay or some fuse.

For some reason I dont think the car has being beat up enuff to have broken wires.
I have kept it very clean and only professional installs since i have had it from day 1.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:25 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

I have personally never experienced a broken wire on a vehicle. Aside from my company truck which has been beaten to the hill and crashed twice. And the bed was replaced by my pool boys.. Lol found some broken wires there let me tell you... HA