Eibach Prosystem

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2005, 09:14 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I saw an add for them on the back cover of this months Sport Compact Car. And they used the RTR TSX as the car.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:05 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Wolfpack_TSX_22
I saw an add for them on the back cover of this months Sport Compact Car. And they used the RTR TSX as the car.
They've been running that ad on several back covers for a few months now. Options Auto Salon even ran the kit in one of thier ads, but couldnt give an ETA and they called Eibach directly.

As of today ETA from Tire Rack is 9/27/05 for now. Of course thier ETA has changed 5 times since my order back in April.
Old 08-30-2005, 07:16 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by arch
They've been running that ad on several back covers for a few months now. Options Auto Salon even ran the kit in one of thier ads, but couldnt give an ETA and they called Eibach directly.

As of today ETA from Tire Rack is 9/27/05 for now. Of course thier ETA has changed 5 times since my order back in April.
yeah, damn I'm so glad I cancelled that order and bought something else... sorry you are still waiting though man
Old 09-27-2005, 04:22 PM
tsxer

update: tirerack now shows 12/27.....i am glad i just ordered tien basic from mr heeltoe....
Old 09-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by zzzed
update: tirerack now shows 12/27.....i am glad i just ordered tien basic from mr heeltoe....
Yep...I saw that. It's

Someone mentioned they called and heard that Eibach was having trouble with the company making the struts.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:48 PM
Racer

Just awaiting my official email from Tire Rack, to get my order number/reference number to call in and cancel my order.

I saw this last night as well and ordered my Neuspeed/Koni shocks already. Just need to decide and shop around on some Comptech springs.
Old 09-29-2005, 11:59 PM
Racer

Got the official call from Tire Rack today about this. Of course there was good news and bad news. They said the 12/27 date is definitely confirmed, its just going to take until 12/27. I cancelled my order over the phone with the customer service rep who called me to explain.

As of now I have my Neuspeed/Koni shocks + Comptech springs ordered. Well I bought them off Ebay $750 total including shipping.

They'll be on the car way before 12/27. Just need to find a good shop in Houston to install, and decide if I need a front camber kit with this setup.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:14 PM
Racer

Ill be waiting for the pro system. This will give me some time to save. My baby might be getting some new legs for christmas. Hopefully its as good or better then the A spec.
Old 10-05-2005, 03:02 PM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by TSX559
Ill be waiting for the pro system. This will give me some time to save. My baby might be getting some new legs for christmas. Hopefully its as good or better then the A spec.
I doubt they'll be ready for 12/27; they just keep adding 3 months to the due date.....and by the time these things actually hit the shelves, the price to make them will surely have gone up.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:29 AM
Advanced

SO, i have been reading through the pages of comments on Eibach lowering Springs and I had a question I was hoping someone could clarify for me.

1. Can you just swap out the OEM springs with the Eibach Lowering springs or do you need to change the shocks too?

2. If you can just change the springs will it sit right on the OEM rims?

3. Does someone have a link showing their vehicle lowered on factory rims? cuz i want my car to look stock but have clean mods to improve handleing and appearance.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:41 AM
Pimpin' Euro

1) u can swap em over with OEM shocks still sittin on there but its recommended u change ur shocks as the stock shocks wont be able to take the springs for too long (at least the lifespan of the shocks with aftermarket springs will be decreased substantially)

2) yes if u change the springs it should sit ok.....just be wary about rear camber.

3) not sure.....do a search?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:03 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by stephen8512
1) u can swap em over with OEM shocks still sittin on there but its recommended u change ur shocks as the stock shocks wont be able to take the springs for too long (at least the lifespan of the shocks with aftermarket springs will be decreased substantially)

2) yes if u change the springs it should sit ok.....just be wary about rear camber.

3) not sure.....do a search?

Can you explain why the shocks won't be able to handle the springs? The spring come with a 10 year warranty? does that matter?

Excuse my ignorance but what is rear camber?

Would you reccomend not adding the springs if the shocks aren't replaced?

thanks
Old 11-01-2005, 10:13 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by PRODMGR18
Can you explain why the shocks won't be able to handle the springs? The spring come with a 10 year warranty? does that matter?

thanks
The shocks arn't designed to work with an aftermarket spring so they will take more abuse from the bumps you hit. The springs will be fine, its the shocks that won't be so the warrenty doesn't matter.

Camber (and we only really have to worry about it in the rear with our cars) is when the tires either look like this: / \ which is negative camber or \ / which is positive camber, instead of: | |

I wouldnt, although some people will tell you it's fine to do. I think they are

Your welcome
Old 11-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Hondaholic

thanks
When a strut is designed, it's filled with a gas, which is held in place by a set of seals. The amount of gas will determine the damping rate, and in order to work well with a given spring and on a given car, all of those parameters have to taken into account when designing the strut. The factory development team spend hundred, thousands even of hours getting the spring/strut combo just right for a perfect compromise of handling and ride quality. In the case of the TSX, the parameters are skewed in favor of handling, but most would agree it still rides very well.

When you take a random spring and pop it onto the factory strut, one has to wonder how much development went into it. In most cases, the priority of these aftermarket springs is to lower the car. Which means the springs are shorter and stiffer. This means a few things; you will have less suspension travel, and there will be more pressure being applied to the strut all of the time, putting addition pressure on the seals. This will ultimately result in the struts wearing out faster.

By design, the rear suspension of the TSX has negative camber. This helps keep the rear planted during cornering. Lowering the TSX will add additional rear camber, more than the factory calls for. From the rear, your tires will look like this: / \

There are kits that will bring the camber back within factory specs. Too much negative rear camber will cause understeer, increase tire wear, and look stupid......

Better to get a set of coilovers.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:27 AM
Advanced

Thank you guys for the in depth information...

Is there a coilover kit that you reccommend me looking into?
Old 11-01-2005, 10:30 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Lots, depending on what you are interested. If you like a soft ride, then get the Tanabe Sustec, I have them and I love it! (I'm also selling it if you are interested )

If you want high performance get Tein's, SS or Flex. If you need to save some $ get the Tein basics. all depends. And do a search for those, you will find a lot of info.
Old 11-01-2005, 12:12 PM
Hondaholic

What is most important to you? Ride quality with reduced ride height, increased street performance, occasional track days, or just the super slammed look?
Also, what are the roads like in your area?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:30 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
Lots, depending on what you are interested. If you like a soft ride, then get the Tanabe Sustec, I have them and I love it! (I'm also selling it if you are interested )

If you want high performance get Tein's, SS or Flex. If you need to save some $ get the Tein basics. all depends. And do a search for those, you will find a lot of info.

Why are you selling them? Do you notice a big difference over stock? What kind of driving do you do?
Old 11-01-2005, 12:44 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Why are you selling them? Do you notice a big difference over stock? What kind of driving do you do?
I'm selling because I'm going to start showing the car and I need something with a little more bling factor.

Difference over stock... well I had my car pretty low, so I defintly noticed a big difference in that respect. Ride quality wise, I had driven in TSX's with other suspension (eibach/konis and Tein Basics) and my Tanabe's were the closest to stock. However, you do notice a difference, you will with any aftermarket springs/shocks. But if you ask around, you will find most will agree the Tanabe's are the softest ride.

I do a lot of daily driving, city driving. I live in northern VA and the roads arn't great here; that's why ride comfort was my #1 priority when buying the Tanabe.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:53 PM
Advanced

I'm selling because I'm going to start showing the car and I need something with a little more bling factor.

Difference over stock... well I had my car pretty low, so I defintly noticed a big difference in that respect. Ride quality wise, I had driven in TSX's with other suspension (eibach/konis and Tein Basics) and my Tanabe's were the closest to stock. However, you do notice a difference, you will with any aftermarket springs/shocks. But if you ask around, you will find most will agree the Tanabe's are the softest ride.

I do a lot of daily driving, city driving. I live in northern VA and the roads arn't great here; that's why ride comfort was my #1 priority when buying the Tanabe.
What was the retail on the set? How long have you had them? How low did your car go? Do you have any picts?
Old 11-01-2005, 03:11 PM
send me a link to JDM??

What was the retail on the set? How long have you had them? How low did your car go? Do you have any picts?
I think I have them sold Three people have made me offers. But I'll find you pics

EDIT: yep, sold to JoeC1982!
Old 11-01-2005, 03:37 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Here are some pics...

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25061
Old 11-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Advanced

SWEET RIDE! NICE JOB!!!....
Old 11-01-2005, 03:59 PM
send me a link to JDM??

SWEET RIDE! NICE JOB!!!....
Thanks

It looks fairly different now... I've done a lot since. I'll find new pics

EDIT: New pics... although I had raised the car for the winter.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26215
Old 11-01-2005, 09:21 PM
Advanced

Thanks

It looks fairly different now... I've done a lot since. I'll find new pics

EDIT: New pics... although I had raised the car for the winter.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26215
VERY IMPRESSIVE...DO YOU HAVE PICTS OF YOUR ENGINE??? yOU HAD ONE WITH THE HOOD OPEN BUT It was not close enough to see the mods!
Old 11-01-2005, 09:25 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by LannyM
What is most important to you? Ride quality with reduced ride height, increased street performance, occasional track days, or just the super slammed look?
Also, what are the roads like in your area?

sorry I missed your question.....

I am looking for a tight ride but comfortable too...also I would like to drop for lower profile.

Do you think just replacing the OEM spings with the Eibach Pro Kit would be a problem or mistake?
Old 11-01-2005, 09:50 PM
send me a link to JDM??

VERY IMPRESSIVE...DO YOU HAVE PICTS OF YOUR ENGINE??? yOU HAD ONE WITH THE HOOD OPEN BUT It was not close enough to see the mods!
No but I will take some soon.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Hondaholic

sorry I missed your question.....

I am looking for a tight ride but comfortable too...also I would like to drop for lower profile.

Do you think just replacing the OEM spings with the Eibach Pro Kit would be a problem or mistake?
There's a few people on the board that have gone that route and been happy; I would think most of them must live where the roads are smooth, and they must not drive the car very hard.

There's more that have gone and changed the struts out because they weren't happy, usually as the factory strut began to deteriorate.

You say "tight but comfortable"; herein lies the problem with all suspension modifications; most people do not equate tight with comfort. All suspension systems are a compromise, and the factory has the resources to get a sporty but comfortable ride. Obviously, some people want it firmer, but there's some who actualy find it too stiff from the factory.

Say you get ProKit, which is progressive. Your overall ride will still be pretty comfortable, and handling should be a little more responsive. But the damping mismatch will cause a bit of a bouncy ride, and that will get worse as times goes by.

With coilovers, even relatively soft ones like the Tanabes, there will be less bounce, but an even firmer ride. If ride quality is key, though, the Tanabes are going to be closest to factory comfort levels.

It's usually at about this point that I start pushing Koni struts with Neuspeed 110-155 springs. It's my personal favorite for anyone looking for a drop and still wanting a factory like ride. And they have some height adjustment, as well as damping adjustment. But the Tanabe coilovers give far more height adjustment, so they would be a great choice too, just no damping adjustment.

And the ProSystem listed in this thread could be a great option too, if they would just bother to release it. They already have the struts designed; the only holdup has to be the mount. And if that takes a year, ummmm, I'll just say it's probably that there's not enough demand for it, as opposed to an outright inability to design it. Koni managed to do it like two tears ago
Old 11-02-2005, 07:10 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by LannyM
There's a few people on the board that have gone that route and been happy; I would think most of them must live where the roads are smooth, and they must not drive the car very hard.

There's more that have gone and changed the struts out because they weren't happy, usually as the factory strut began to deteriorate.

You say "tight but comfortable"; herein lies the problem with all suspension modifications; most people do not equate tight with comfort. All suspension systems are a compromise, and the factory has the resources to get a sporty but comfortable ride. Obviously, some people want it firmer, but there's some who actualy find it too stiff from the factory.

Say you get ProKit, which is progressive. Your overall ride will still be pretty comfortable, and handling should be a little more responsive. But the damping mismatch will cause a bit of a bouncy ride, and that will get worse as times goes by.

With coilovers, even relatively soft ones like the Tanabes, there will be less bounce, but an even firmer ride. If ride quality is key, though, the Tanabes are going to be closest to factory comfort levels.

It's usually at about this point that I start pushing Koni struts with Neuspeed 110-155 springs. It's my personal favorite for anyone looking for a drop and still wanting a factory like ride. And they have some height adjustment, as well as damping adjustment. But the Tanabe coilovers give far more height adjustment, so they would be a great choice too, just no damping adjustment.

And the ProSystem listed in this thread could be a great option too, if they would just bother to release it. They already have the struts designed; the only holdup has to be the mount. And if that takes a year, ummmm, I'll just say it's probably that there's not enough demand for it, as opposed to an outright inability to design it. Koni managed to do it like two tears ago
I am starting to learn the complexity of this mod and plan to experience the factory suspension for awile and make my decision in the spring.

With the Koni Struts how do you adjust the height/ dampening? Does the car have to be lifted to be fine tuned?

Thanks
Old 11-02-2005, 07:11 AM
Advanced

No but I will take some soon.

SEND THE LINK

Old 11-02-2005, 07:28 AM
Race Director

What else would you need with this purchase.... in regards to lowering the car.
Old 11-02-2005, 09:46 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
Hey if I am just lowering the car could I just the springs?
I remember reading it kills the life of shocks, and how about rubbing when y ou have a full load in the car?

The other day i had like 4 boxes of waters in the trunk, and the tire gap was like gone heh.

How much would you guys estimate suspension work be? like rough 1000s?
Old 11-02-2005, 02:43 PM
Hondaholic

I am starting to learn the complexity of this mod and plan to experience the factory suspension for awile and make my decision in the spring.

With the Koni Struts how do you adjust the height/ dampening? Does the car have to be lifted to be fine tuned?

Thanks
That's a good plan of action. Who knows, maybe the ProSystem will be available by then.

The Koni's have an adjustable perch, held in place with a big circlip. Most people find that they need to come off the car in order to change the height. The range is limited; if you buy the Neuspeed Koni strut, you get 5 settings; stock height or 1/2" or 1/4" down, or 1/2" or 1/4" up. It's good for fine tuning or leveling out ride height, not for slamming. Search for user AlterZgo for his pics of this setup.....

Damping is done from the strut tops, so this can be done on the car. Again, not a lot of range, but more than any other setup short of coilovers, and even some of those don't offer any (i.e Tein Basic, Tanabe sustec, H&R).......
Old 11-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by lcrazyaznl
Hey if I am just lowering the car could I just the springs?
I remember reading it kills the life of shocks, and how about rubbing when y ou have a full load in the car?

The other day i had like 4 boxes of waters in the trunk, and the tire gap was like gone heh.

How much would you guys estimate suspension work be? like rough 1000s?
Could you? Yes. Should you? No. I just did a post about this subject in this thread; it's a few posts back.

If you load up a car with just springs, there is a good likelihood that you will bottom out the factory struts.

When you say suspension work, do you mean including the parts? Because the labor should only be $200 to $300 at most, plus an alignment.
Old 10-26-2007, 01:19 PM
ridiculously good looking

did anyone get this yet? i am interested in buying it :P
Old 10-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by tsx 2 nv
did anyone get this yet? i am interested in buying it :P
I made a post about this quite a few months back but there wasn't enough interest in it and they never even made it. Its never coming out last time i called them, sorry!
Old 10-26-2007, 02:38 PM
ridiculously good looking

i just called eibach...you have to get part number 4045.780
4044.780 = prototype
also, 4045.780 is also the same part number for the 03 - 07 accord i4

so.....yes, it is for sale woot!
Old 10-26-2007, 03:02 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Originally Posted by JTso
Not bad for the price considering a set of Eibach springs is around $200.
Try $240-$250... That is what the "non-whore" price is.
Old 03-31-2008, 04:13 PM
Racer

these appear to be in stock at a couple online vendors for around $570 shipped, a great option for those looking to go lower than A Spec.