Coilovers or Springs?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 06:34 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coilovers or Springs?

What would be better for my '16 ilx a coilover system or an eibach pro kit? I want some low but not too low where I scrape
Old 09-09-2015, 06:40 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by mmhdavid
What would be better for my '16 ilx a coilover system or an eibach pro kit? I want some low but not too low where I scrape
Your only option right now is a Godspeed coilover system.

I actually took my car to Eibach for R&D at the beginning of this year and they currently do not have any springs available for the '16 ILX. Eibach concluded that previous year ILX springs do fit correctly.

They did hook me up with an Eibach Anti-Roll kit (front and rear) for the '16 ILX.

I believe an AZ user, Nickb, currently has the Godspeed coilover system on his '16 ILX.

I will not lower my car until i know that the Godspeed coilovers perform well and do not reduce ride quality.

Good luck !
Old 09-09-2015, 06:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 849 Likes on 679 Posts
Originally Posted by jspangan
Your only option right now is a Godspeed coilover system.

I actually took my car to Eibach for R&D at the beginning of this year and they currently do not have any springs available for the '16 ILX. Eibach concluded that previous year ILX springs do fit correctly.

They did hook me up with an Eibach Anti-Roll kit (front and rear) for the '16 ILX.

I believe an AZ user, Nickb, currently has the Godspeed coilover system on his '16 ILX.

I will not lower my car until i know that the Godspeed coilovers perform well and do not reduce ride quality.

Good luck !

Godspeed makes great products. Better than Megan or Skunk2 anyway.

What are you waiting for? Only other companies that will produce may be people like Tein. Anyone who buys tein over something else thinking Tein is top of the line is very mistaken.

When it comes down to it youll get what you pay for.

Id say Megan and Skunk are at the bottom. Next comes something like D2, Tein, or even ISC like Ive got. No TOP OF THE LINE company has produced for the ILX. Probably never will. When someone sees coilovers that fetch 2G... let me know.

Until then... Godspeed coils would be a great investment.

If you're worried about ride quality then buy the softest Godspeed coils available.

When I had my H&R springs my friends thought I was on my stock suspension. A couple even said it felt nicer.

I went with the middle ground when it came to how stiff my coils were. If you buy stiff coils I can see you thinking they are "poor quality" as you will feel a much stiffer less luxurious ride. Others however want that stiffer feel and therefor it is easily a higher quality ride.
Old 09-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 350 Likes on 287 Posts
A set of TEINs wouldn't be top of the line but they would certainly be a quality set over ISC or Skunk2. Feel free to PM me for pricing.
Old 09-26-2015, 12:28 PM
Advanced

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
The coilovers for the 2016 are off a 2014 civic si sedan
Soo whatever coilovers you want to buy from the civic si sedan will fit the 2016 acura ilx.

I am currently running the godspeed mono rs coilovers and they go low enough for you not to scrape on stock wheels.
Go check out my build thread and look for yourself

I'm the only 2016 thats running an 18x10 setup. So if you have any questions feel free to write on my thread.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:42 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hows the ride quality? ist bumpy ? or more stiff which handles better? ist good for LA roads? and daily driving ?
Old 11-09-2015, 11:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 86 Likes on 81 Posts
There are sets that are priced over $2000, but none of them were ever specifically designed for the ILX. Buddy Club makes a set for 2012+ Civic SI that's $2,500 MSRP... but really, That's for racing spec, and most people aren't actually going to race. Its probably way too stiff and way too expensive for most people who are only looking to get their car lowered.