Eibach Prosystem

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 12:26 PM
Got Milk???

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tsx536
^^

Therez a member selling some aspec springs and I'm thinking about buying those and putting them on either these Eiback Pro Dampers, or the Koni's. I'm trying to keep as close to factory as possible, but I would like a drop that is a little lower than the standard aspec kit.

Do you guys think that some aspec springs would fit on the Eibach Pro Dampers and/or Konis?

I believe the Koni's will let me drop the car an extra 1/2 inch, while the Eibach Dampers allow me to do that too?

Eibach Dampeners are not adjustable unlike the Konis.

I know that AlterZego is possibly getting Koni Yellows to pair with a set of Comptech springs (silver ones) that's similar to the A-Spec suspension, only it's adjustable

-K
Old 03-03-2005, 03:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
^^

Therez a member selling some aspec springs and I'm thinking about buying those and putting them on either these Eiback Pro Dampers, or the Koni's. I'm trying to keep as close to factory as possible, but I would like a drop that is a little lower than the standard aspec kit.

Do you guys think that some aspec springs would fit on the Eibach Pro Dampers and/or Konis?

I believe the Koni's will let me drop the car an extra 1/2 inch, while the Eibach Dampers allow me to do that too?
A-spec springs should fit on the Pro Dampers and Konis. However, if you're looking for another 1/2" of lowering why not just get the entire Eibach Pro System that comes w/ Pro-kit springs and Pro Dampers. This will give you essentially around 1/2" more lowering in a completely matched set up.

Pairing A-spec springs w/ Pro Dampers alone will not lower the car more.

The more expensive, but more adjustable route would be the A-spec springs and Koni shocks which has the adjustable spring perch. Get the Neuspeed version which has 5 spring positions instead of 3. Konis also have the benefit of damping adjustment.

I'm planning on installing Comptech 110-155 springs w/ Neuspeed Konis which should be similar to pairing Aspec springs w/Konis.
Old 03-03-2005, 05:24 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AlterZgo
A-spec springs should fit on the Pro Dampers and Konis. However, if you're looking for another 1/2" of lowering why not just get the entire Eibach Pro System that comes w/ Pro-kit springs and Pro Dampers. This will give you essentially around 1/2" more lowering in a completely matched set up.

Pairing A-spec springs w/ Pro Dampers alone will not lower the car more.

The more expensive, but more adjustable route would be the A-spec springs and Koni shocks which has the adjustable spring perch. Get the Neuspeed version which has 5 spring positions instead of 3. Konis also have the benefit of damping adjustment.

I'm planning on installing Comptech 110-155 springs w/ Neuspeed Konis which should be similar to pairing Aspec springs w/Konis.
Yeah, I was actually thinking more about the aspec with some Koni's and lowering it an extra 1/2 inch with the perch. I'd rather get Koni's then neuspeed and I would like the adjustable dampening.

Do you think aspec springs with Koni's would ride better than the Eibach Prosystem or about the same?

Part of me is thinking that just going with the full aspec kit would be fine, but I'm worried that if I get aspec the car won't look lowered. That's why I'm trying to explore different options/combinations.

Aren''t the comptech springs more stiff than the aspec springs?
I'm very interested to see how your suspension turns out. Are you planning on getting it anytime soon?
Old 03-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

I would think pairing the Eibach dampers w/ the kit it was designed and paired with, the Eibach Pro kit would be the best ride for those shocks

I'd rather get Koni's then neuspeed and I would like the adjustable dampening.
koni makes a special edition for neuspeed that includes more spring perchs so you can lower more, and they have more points for shock adjustment.
Old 03-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Thanks for the the help X. Sorry I'm such a

Looks like I just need to pick between the aspec suspension and the Eibach Prosystem. For now I'm just going to wait and see what other members say about the Eibach Prosystem after they get it. Please keep us updated VirtualBong.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:56 PM
Luke 1:37

Thanks for the the help X. Sorry I'm such a

Looks like I just need to pick between the aspec suspension and the Eibach Prosystem. For now I'm just going to wait and see what other members say about the Eibach Prosystem after they get it. Please keep us updated VirtualBong.
Will do though it may be some time before I install the kit. The Kit won't get to me for another 2 weeks at the earliest and the Rear Ingalls Camber Kit is also on backorder from Ultrarev. This means I probably won't do this until everything gets in which may be a month or more.
Old 03-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah, I was actually thinking more about the aspec with some Koni's and lowering it an extra 1/2 inch with the perch. I'd rather get Koni's then neuspeed and I would like the adjustable dampening.

Do you think aspec springs with Koni's would ride better than the Eibach Prosystem or about the same?

Part of me is thinking that just going with the full aspec kit would be fine, but I'm worried that if I get aspec the car won't look lowered. That's why I'm trying to explore different options/combinations.

Aren''t the comptech springs more stiff than the aspec springs?
I'm very interested to see how your suspension turns out. Are you planning on getting it anytime soon?
It's difficult to say if A-spec springs and Koni shocks would ride better than the Eibach Prosystem as no one has tried the Pro-System yet. If I were to guess, I would say that the A-Spec/Koni combo would ride better b/c it is not as lowered and likely has more suspension travel.

I'm in the same boat as you with respect to feeling that the A-spec won't lower the car as much. Actually, I think the rear is fine, but the front could stand another 1/4 or 1/2" more lowering on the A-spec (from a purely cosmetic standpoint). That's why I'm leaning towards the Koni shocks (Neuspeed's version of the Koni shock) for height and damping adjustability.

As for Comptech springs vs. A-spec, it depends on the version you get. The original 110-155 part has spring rates that are very close to the A-spec spring rates. The difference is, the Comptech springs are slightly progressive whereas the A-spec springs are completely linear. Comptech's revised TSX spring, the 110-160 is made by Eibach and probably has identical characteristics to Eibach's Pro-Kit spring. Thus, this means it will initially be softer, but firms up to be stiffer than the A-spec spring.

I already bought some used COmptech 110-155s from kaikai and I should be getting the Neuspeed Koni's shortly. I got sidetracked recently b/c I just bought an iPod and I'm in the middle of buying parts to mount it in the car and hook it up through the aux port.

I guess I should just be like VirtualBong and buy EVERYTHING at once.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:35 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Thanks...Great post AlterZgo

I'm still trying to decide between Aspec & Eibach Prosystem. I'm going to wait for now and see if anyone has any good experiences with the Eibach prosystem before I make my final decision. I just hope I can last for awhile..I just put on my OEM kit...and I'm really itching for a drop now.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:40 PM

Thanks...Great post AlterZgo

I'm still trying to decide between Aspec & Eibach Prosystem. I'm going to wait for now and see if anyone has any good experiences with the Eibach prosystem before I make my final decision. I just hope I can last for awhile..I just put on my OEM kit...and I'm really itching for a drop now.
I totally hear you on the drop! I really hope that my Prosystem kit comes in soon with my Rear Ingalls Camber Kit. The camber kit is backordered so who knows when that will come in.
Old 03-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by virtualbong
I totally hear you on the drop! I really hope that my Prosystem kit comes in soon with my Rear Ingalls Camber Kit. The camber kit is backordered so who knows when that will come in.
I talked to Ingalls today; they are expecting the parts in on the 18th of March; then they have to assemble the kits and get them out to the vendors. You could ask your vendor to have Ingalls drop ship the item directly to you to speed things up a little.

I'm going to install my new suspension next week and drive around a little before doing the alignment, so if I have the kit by the end of March it'll be fine-I'll do the camber kit and alignment at the same time. I'll probably hold off on the new rubber until I get the alignment done.
Old 03-08-2005, 02:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
LannyM, what did you end up getting?
Old 03-10-2005, 04:56 PM
Got Milk???

I'm a bit confused about the Pro-Dampeners. Virtualbong, do you have the part # on the Pro-Dampener you got?

-K
Old 03-10-2005, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by kaikai114
I'm a bit confused about the Pro-Dampeners. Virtualbong, do you have the part # on the Pro-Dampener you got?

-K
Sorry don't have any of that information.

LannyM - I'll give Ultrarev a call tomorrow and see if they can do that. Thanks for checking up!
Old 03-11-2005, 03:02 PM

Update:

ok, I spoke with Ultrarev and they say that the Rear Ingalls Camber Kit should be ready to be shipped out by the end of the month.

I also spoke with a Tire Rack Rep (not my sales guy) about my Eibach Pro-System Kit and she said that it would be coming in at the end of May, what the????!!?!?!?!? I did tell her that my sales guy told me they had one coming in March 9th and that they would ship it to me right away. She knew nothing about that and told me that if you left him a message then he'll get back to me. I guess he's out today, but I'm going to call him again on Monday if I don't hear from him. This sucks...I'm wondering if I should wait or not?
Old 03-11-2005, 05:56 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Update:

ok, I spoke with Ultrarev and they say that the Rear Ingalls Camber Kit should be ready to be shipped out by the end of the month.
Anyone else notice that Eibach sells a front and rear camber kit now? The application is listed on their website and they're popping up on ebay, but none have real pictures of them.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Senior Moderator

I'd bet they are either SPC or Ingalls.
Old 03-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Yup, they are SPC kits. If you look at the Eibach part numbers 5.67165K and 5.67290K but drop the 5 and K, you end up with SPC's part numbers.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:33 PM
Pro

virtualbong, any updates? This prokit system is looking really good compared to the a spec.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

I think VB ended up going with the Neuspeed/Koni Combo instead.
Old 04-22-2005, 06:54 AM

I think VB ended up going with the Neuspeed/Koni Combo instead.
Yep, I didn't go with the Eibach Pro System Kit because it was going to take way too long for it to come in. Supposedly they'll be available in late May and I sure as hell didn't want to wait that long, so I forked over an extra $300 and got Neuspeed Koni Yellow shocks and Neuspeed Sport Springs. I absolutely love this setup. The stock suspension was already stiff, so I really don't notice where the difference from stock is. I also like the fact that the shocks were adjustable in dampening and height. The Eibach System doesn't have that and with the Neuspeeds, I definitely had to lower the rear .25" more to give it more of a balanced look. Its still lower in the front, but not as noticeable. I also didn't want to be the first one to test out this Eibach system, but I'm sure it would be fine for someone looking for an inexpensive system.
Old 04-22-2005, 01:10 PM
Got Milk???

I've just called Tirerack.com up and was told that the Eibach Prosystem (springs and shocks) will be available by the end of May. Sadly, they will not be selling the shocks separately due to the fact that Eibach ships the whole systems out from the factory. I'll be looking for shocks-only vendors in the coming days, if I find something, it'll be posted.

-KC
Old 04-25-2005, 09:51 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Well,

It looks like I'm going to be the first to try the Pro-System. I ordered it the other day so now I'm just waiting until the end of May. Too damn long but I'm building my own fog light set-up in the time being so that should keep me busy (don't worry I'll post pics and a write up of that when I'm done too )

I'll let everyone know once I get them installed although I'm going to through in the rear sway at the same time so the difference in handling won't only be the system. Oh well, shouldn't be THAT different. I really didn't want to be the first one but I trust Eibach (I have had their springs on other cars and loved em) so oh well. Everyone for me...
Old 04-25-2005, 11:05 AM
Drifting

I got it put on my car over Christmas-huge difference in handling and it looks awesome with my rims-totally got rid of the gap in the wheel wells. The fronts were hard to do-took about 4 hours but the backs were quick.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:09 AM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by ZtotallynakedZ
I got it put on my car over Christmas-huge difference in handling and it looks awesome with my rims-totally got rid of the gap in the wheel wells. The fronts were hard to do-took about 4 hours but the backs were quick.
The Pro-System was out over Christmas??? To my understanding this was a somewhat new development, at least thats the reason Eibach told me it was gonna take so long!
Old 07-06-2005, 11:00 AM
CG is the place to be...

Yep, I didn't go with the Eibach Pro System Kit because it was going to take way too long for it to come in. Supposedly they'll be available in late May and I sure as hell didn't want to wait that long
Just checked the site and the NEW availability date is now set for 9/27/05.
Old 07-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Got Milk???

Originally Posted by knthornt

by the time eibach comes out with prosystem, half of us would be driving another car -____-
Old 07-06-2005, 05:04 PM
Burning Brakes

lol pro is 500....lets get Tein instead

which is harshier? Tein Basic or Eibach pro + koni?
Old 07-06-2005, 06:06 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Originally Posted by kyotousa
lol pro is 500....lets get Tein instead

which is harshier? Tein Basic or Eibach pro + koni?
Eibach's have progressive spring rates, I'd say they'd be softer, at least in daily driving b/c of the progressive nature of it
Old 07-07-2005, 12:11 PM
8th Gear

Part number, according to the Eibach web site, is 4044.780

So, anyone actually got this yet?
Old 07-07-2005, 12:25 PM
8th Gear

Another part number, 4045.780.

tsxparts.com has them too, for about $30 more then TireRack.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:33 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by knthornt

Originally Posted by Blis
So, anyone actually got this yet?
Old 07-10-2005, 11:21 PM
Racer

Ive been on order with Tire Rack since April. I just keep getting emails telling me they are getting pushed back again.
Old 07-11-2005, 12:09 AM
Regional Coordinator (Southeast)

Received 3,763 Likes on 2,538 Posts
Originally Posted by arch
Ive been on order with Tire Rack since April. I just keep getting emails telling me they are getting pushed back again.
man that must really suck
Old 07-11-2005, 01:32 AM
Burning Brakes

arch,

Why not just cancel your order, get some Teins or Tanabe coilovers and be done w/ it. It's somewhat more expensive, but you'd gain height adjustability and you wouldn't have to wait.
Old 07-11-2005, 06:34 AM
send me a link to JDM??

arch,

Why not just cancel your order, get some Teins or Tanabe coilovers and be done w/ it. It's somewhat more expensive, but you'd gain height adjustability and you wouldn't have to wait.
That's what I did. I was on order since april as well. But first it was the end of May, then the beginning of June, then the End of June, then July 9th... then I cancelled
Old 07-13-2005, 11:30 PM
Racer

arch,

I plan on keeping the TSX for a while so Im not sure how a coilover setup would last long term on the car.

I have coilovers with Koni's on a Civic. After about 60k on them the car began sagging front and rear. Now the car is slammed even after adjusting the coilovers to thier highest settings possible. Replaced all 4 Koni's with KYB's, still sagged. Replaced with Tokico's still sagged. So I figured the coilover springs are shot. Im not looking for a similar experience with this car.
Old 07-14-2005, 05:05 AM
Hondaholic

Originally Posted by arch
I plan on keeping the TSX for a while so Im not sure how a coilover setup would last long term on the car.

I have coilovers with Koni's on a Civic. After about 60k on them the car began sagging front and rear. Now the car is slammed even after adjusting the coilovers to thier highest settings possible. Replaced all 4 Koni's with KYB's, still sagged. Replaced with Tokico's still sagged. So I figured the coilover springs are shot. Im not looking for a similar experience with this car.
Generally speaking, a coilover is strut/spring combo developed by a manufacturer as a complete unit designed to work together, and includes a threaded strut, and upper mount.

For the TSX, a few makers have you re-use the factory top mount-this is the case for the Tanabe, as well as Tein SS and Basic, and H&R.

What you are describing for your Civic sounds like Koni struts with some other makers' threaded sleeve, and still another maker's springs.

The sagging occurred due to spring fatigue, so changing to KYBs and Tokicos wouldn't help. Long term results with Tein coilovers has been generally positive, and sag-free......
Old 07-14-2005, 11:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by LannyM
The sagging occurred due to spring fatigue, so changing to KYBs and Tokicos wouldn't help. Long term results with Tein coilovers has been generally positive, and sag-free......
Thanks for the explaination about the coilover systems. You're right about the Civic setup with various manufacturer's components used together to make a system.

Spring fatigue is a primary concern for me, sagging over time is ok as long as its just "settling" in. However sagging 1" additionally beyond specified spring drop is what concerns me. Of course ride height, strut lifespan, and confort are all compromised with spring sag fatigue as well.

Im just looking for a long term system (3-5 years) that is reliable, maintains ride comfort, and resists sagging and fatigue.
Old 08-29-2005, 07:41 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Anyone hear any updated info on the Eibach Prosystem?
Old 08-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Drives With Hands

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone hear any updated info on the Eibach Prosystem?
It was late-September last time I checked.

I wonder how the Eibach struts are designed for the progressive Pro-kit springs?

Quick Reply: Eibach Prosystem