Experiencing problems in your TSX? I am.

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:11 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Experiencing problems in your TSX? I am.

My car is about a month old now and it came directly from Japan with 1 mile on it. I experienced an issue in the driver door how it closes with a ping instead of the normal sound that you hear from the other doors. It sounds as if their is little or no padding between the door and its frame, sort of like sheet metal flapping. I heard this the first couple of days and just said its something minor and that over time it will get away. Its been a month and a couple days and I still here it.

Another problem that I found was when I opened my hood for the 3 or 4th time. Around the radiator, on the radiator, on the fans, on the engine cover, on the header, and on the transmission are the dried droplet marks of antifreeze. They are easy to clean but I want to know if this is a leak I should be concerned about. I have checked the tube and it seemed a little wet around the tip. If it is a leak I don't want my engine overheating especially during the heatwave that we are about to experience in the NE and especially because it would be unhealthy for my motor which is still breaking in.

I have scheduled a service appointment for tomorrow where I will bring up these issues to the service guys' attention. In the meanwhile, has anyone experienced the same?
Old 07-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
As far as the pinging of your drivers side door, mine sounds kinda hollow also. There is starofoam inside the door and not much else in regard to padding. You can put some dynomat inside to help with that. As far as the anitfreeze all over inside the engine bay, your doing to right thing having it checked right away. You may have a loose or leaking hose. Good luck.........
Old 07-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
I've had 1 problem that was fixed after 2 trips to the dealer. It was a clicking sound from the rear of the vehicle. It bothered me and was just a hassle to take it in twice. But it wasn't really anything that limited the operation of the vehicle.

OTOH, in 350,000 miles of Honda/Acuras, that's the only problem I have had.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:39 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Yeah so I guess the pinging is a normal thing to all drivers. Should I ask to see if he can put like a stopper or rubber washer to keep it from pinging? Would that even help since its like a hollow ping?

The antifreeze situation is really what concerns me. The funny thing is I bought my TSX because my old car was pissing all the antifreeze that was in the reservoir on the way to the dealer. I was caught in traffic in a heat wave with no back up antifreeze. I guess me and antifreeze don't get along that much. I recently inspected under my hood and those droplets are everywhere, especially in front of the radiator fans. They stand out since the car was assembled like yesterday.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:47 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by slickrab
Yeah so I guess the pinging is a normal thing to all drivers. Should I ask to see if he can put like a stopper or rubber washer to keep it from pinging? Would that even help since its like a hollow ping?

The antifreeze situation is really what concerns me. The funny thing is I bought my TSX because my old car was pissing all the antifreeze that was in the reservoir on the way to the dealer. I was caught in traffic in a heat wave with no back up antifreeze. I guess me and antifreeze don't get along that much. I recently inspected under my hood and those droplets are everywhere, especially in front of the radiator fans. They stand out since the car was assembled like yesterday.
I had the same problem with my '04. I'd open the hood and i'd have dried antifreeze on the cap and around the overflow tank. I drained some antifreeze from the tank, a little below full, and since then i have not had any problems.

Although, i have noticed that the rubber bushings that hold the upper radiator posts are pretty loose around the posts. Are they suppose to be tight cause it allows a pretty decent amt. of movement.

Anyways, hope they fix it for you!!
Old 07-17-2007, 01:42 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Yea mine seems pretty loose also. The tip seemed wet unlike the rest of the tube which is just dry. I could easily move that thing around. I think it shouldn't be that free.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:02 AM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

So I went to the dealer this morning and they replaced my antifreeze reservoir. The service adviser said that there was a possible crack/puncture so they went ahead and replaced it. I don't know how that can happen since the car is fresh and 1 month old. Direct order from the factory too. In regards to the door issue he said it was an issue in the locking mechanism. They ordered the part and said they would give me a call when it comes in.

Overall for the first time using TLC and the warranty I would rate it a positive rating. I was 3rd in line for my appointment time and the service guys got me in the garage within 3 minutes of the first person. They took the car in I told them the problem and met with the service adviser who then showed me to the waiting area which was loaded with goodies and bagels as he drove the car around the block to the servicing area. I was there at 7am and was at home at 8:30am. It was raining cats and dogs so the guy even went inside to get an umbrella and walked me to my car which was only across the street. Great overall dealer experience!
Old 07-18-2007, 11:36 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
As far as the play in the radiator, that's normal. Glad your getting some great service. Sounds like the Service dept. is on top of things. Hope those parts fix the issues for you.
Old 07-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, if your antifreeze is too high, it can cause it to overflow. Many dealers fill it to the top line when the engine is cold, but I've heard that you're suppose to actually have it hitting the max level when the engine is already warmed up.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tsx536
Yeah, if your antifreeze is too high, it can cause it to overflow. Many dealers fill it to the top line when the engine is cold, but I've heard that you're suppose to actually have it hitting the max level when the engine is already warmed up.
^^ yup yup
Old 07-18-2007, 12:30 PM
RGSTRD TL & TSX Offdr

Originally Posted by Tsx536
No one has ever played with the antifreeze levels before. Once again the car is a month old and was a direct order so the antifreeze level was set by either the plant in Saytama, Japan. I had checked the level before I sent it in and it was 25% below the max line. Now after I guess they dumped out the antifreeze and exchanged it with a new one the antifreeze level is half way between the min and max lines. Should I always keep it at max and if so should I fill it up only when the engine is warm and idling?

My dealer is Paragon Acura in Woodside, Queens County, NY if anyone would like to service there. They have always been very courteous and they apparently have received the "presidential Honda award" for the NY region.