Handsfree Link BT and ipHone 6 +1 on every incoming call

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2015, 02:52 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Handsfree Link BT and ipHone 6 +1 on every incoming call

Happy Friday everyone, I have an iphone 6 on Verizon, and i save all of my contacts as a 10 digits format, (area code) XXX-XXXX on the phone itself. When someone calls me it seems verizon always adds +1 in front of the number, but the iphone sees there is a match on the 10 digits phone number even though the call comes in with a +1 and the persons name shows up.

However, in my 2012 Acura TSX Tech (which I have synced the phonebook to already with my numbers in the aforementioned 10 digit format) when a call comes in, it has that +1 in front of the number, but the tsx doesn't realize there is a match in there but without the country code. So every call I get in the car is unknown. I wish there was a way to tell the acura everything will come in with +1 so it would match.

The alternative sucks, savings every contact phone with a +1 in front of it. Trying to avoid that. I have called verizon, they had me turn off dial assist, turn on dial assist, same with voice and data roaming, and a network reset-all to no avail, and they cant make the incoming calls not have country code it seems.

Has anyone else experienced this? I am sure a ton of TSXers have iphone 6's on verizon, maybe someone can tell me their settings to help, or point me in right direction. When i bought my car brand new in 2012 and had an iphone 4 and then a 5-i never had this problem, seems like this started in beginning of 2014, when i had a iphone 5, so not an issue with the 6 i think.

Thanks for any help!