Any shops near Orange County to buy / install Comptech header?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2006, 06:08 PM
VSA Rocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any shops near Orange County to buy / install Comptech header?

I'm looking for a "One-stop shop" who I can buy the header from AND will do the installation work. Usually, I buy the stuff from either my friend at Island Motor Sports in Buena Park and have Team Honda do the install work. However, my schedule doesn't permit me to do these mods in two trips.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:41 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

I thought you were gonna go with the HyTech system?
Old 03-13-2006, 07:42 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Why don't you find it cheap online [if possible] and just take it to get installed somewhere?
Old 03-13-2006, 09:55 PM
VSA Rocks

Originally Posted by TSX2345
I thought you were gonna go with the HyTech system?
After digging up TOV's review on the Comptech header, it was enough to make me go for it. Although I was always interested in Comptech's header, their published dyno gains on their website appeared too modest. TOV's dyno showed that it puts down equal gains as the DC. (~10 hp)

Although the Hytech header will surely put out more power, I just have a hard time justifying $1000 for probaly 2-8 HP over the Comptech system.

Who knows -- anything could change. Your review when you get it in May / June might change my mind. I could always sell my header and get another one.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:46 PM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Black_6spd, talk to Mr. Heeltoe (Marcus) on this board. He has a shop in Lake Forest and can set you up...
Old 03-14-2006, 11:06 AM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Originally Posted by Black_6spd

Although the Hytech header will surely put out more power, I just have a hard time justifying $1000 for probaly 2-8 HP over the Comptech system.
The HyTech system I am getting will be full complete exhaust. Header, high flow cat and muffler. Not just a header. So its all properly match to work with one another, instead of piecing it together.

We can do a comparison. You get the full Comptech exhaust and I am getting the full HyTech. When I get mine in a few months hopefully you will have yours around the same time. We can meet up and do butt dyno's or even real dyno's.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Just dial 1911

The HyTech system I am getting will be full complete exhaust. Header, high flow cat and muffler.
Good luck getting that smogged here in Cali. I would make sure its a bolt on to the header and exhaust so you can replace it with the stock when needed.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Stock NBP TSX Driver

Old 03-14-2006, 12:08 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Originally Posted by joerockt
Good luck getting that smogged here in Cali. I would make sure its a bolt on to the header and exhaust so you can replace it with the stock when needed.
Why would there be any issues? It's just a bolt-on exhaust! Nothing will be eliminated. All necessary components will remain.

Unless you know something I do not
Old 03-14-2006, 12:13 PM
Just dial 1911

Why would there be any issues? It's just a bolt-on exhaust! Nothing will be eliminated. All necessary components will remain.

Unless you know something I do not
You said in the other post their going to put in a "hi flow cat". That dosent sound stock to me.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:34 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

You said in the other post their going to put in a "hi flow cat". That dosent sound stock to me.
I had a high-flow cat on my previous car, which was an Integra GS-R. It passed with flying colors. So no worries at all. In fact a high flow cat is an important piece of a better flowing exhaust set-up. So if one doesn't upgrade to a better flowing cat, you are robbing yourself of power. Chocking off the flow, bottleneck effect.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:38 PM
VSA Rocks

The HyTech system I am getting will be full complete exhaust. Header, high flow cat and muffler. Not just a header. So its all properly match to work with one another, instead of piecing it together.

We can do a comparison. You get the full Comptech exhaust and I am getting the full HyTech. When I get mine in a few months hopefully you will have yours around the same time. We can meet up and do butt dyno's or even real dyno's.
Thinking more about the whole Hytech vs. Comptech issue:

One advantage with the Hytech will not only be the added HP (I estimate 2-5 HP over Comptech) -- but the unlocked potential of internal mods. If I remember correctly, TOV's article on "Tuning the TSX" stated that a good race header (like Toda) was holding back any possibility of a cam swap.

However, due to the R/S ratio of the TSX, I have my doubts on how much internal/all-motor gains are to be made without going FI or more displacement. Additionally, all of it would depend on a K-pro to be developed.

I should have my header by the time you get your Hytech. By then, we'll probaly have identical setups: Intake + Header + Hondata. Going from a roll will take out some of the driver skill from the comparison.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:47 PM
A DiRTBAG decal on my

Originally Posted by Black_6spd
Thinking more about the whole Hytech vs. Comptech issue:

One advantage with the Hytech will not only be the added HP (I estimate 2-5 HP over Comptech) -- but the unlocked potential of internal mods. If I remember correctly, TOV's article on "Tuning the TSX" stated that a good race header (like Toda) was holding back any possibility of a cam swap.

However, due to the R/S ratio of the TSX, I have my doubts on how much internal/all-motor gains are to be made without going FI or more displacement. Additionally, all of it would depend on a K-pro to be developed.

I should have my header by the time you get your Hytech. By then, we'll probaly have identical setups: Intake + Header + Hondata. Going from a roll will take out some of the driver skill from the comparison.
Sounds like fun.

I might have 1 up on you on the mods list. I should hopefulluy get around to getting my Hondata heatshield gasket in by then too. Unless I should hold off?
Old 03-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Just dial 1911

I had a high-flow cat on my previous car, which was an Integra GS-R. It passed with flying colors. So no worries at all. In fact a high flow cat is an important piece of a better flowing exhaust set-up. So if one doesn't upgrade to a better flowing cat, you are robbing yourself of power. Chocking off the flow, bottleneck effect.
Like I said, good luck.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:06 PM
VSA Rocks

Sounds like fun.

I might have 1 up on you on the mods list. I should hopefulluy get around to getting my Hondata heatshield gasket in by then too. Unless I should hold off?
Don't hold off. The reduced intake temp might not be enough to make any difference during non-track conditions.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:35 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 509 Likes on 323 Posts
Black_6spd, talk to Mr. Heeltoe (Marcus) on this board. He has a shop in Lake Forest and can set you up...

Thanks! We just opened an account with Comptech too...