What price are you paying for 2006 TSX ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2006, 12:08 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steve Kim left Keyes Acura?!?! I just sent someone there to get a TSX!!
Old 06-18-2006, 02:57 AM
3rd Gear

Price points in Northern CA

Made my rounds today in Northern CA, here's what I got:

2006 CGP w/navi 6MT at Autowest/Stevens Creek Acura for $27,500, not incl TTL

This was a wicked price, but I just didn't want navi, so I went looking for another. (If you do, they still have a couple in stock, the boy to talk to is Patrick. Nice kid.)

Mike Harvey Acura blows. They dissed Autowest for dealing such a low price, and then proceeded to tell me that they couldn't even guarantee that they could come below that price for a non-navi.
Called Hopkins Acura, they were at least polite, and said they couldn't compete.

Concord Acura quoted me a $27,451 for the same car without navi (before TTL).
Serramonte Acura gave me their first quote at $26,300. I could've haggled down to $26,000 even, but I figured that they deserved the extra $300 bucks for the quality of service. It rocked. Call them up and and ask for Dan Vong. Another nice kid. Tries really hard.

My breakdown then:
Base price $26,300
Doc prep fee $45
License fees $234
Tax (8.25%) 2173.46
Total, out the door: 28761.21

I'm pretty happy, and have a sweet ride sitting outside. Now I just gotta polish up the Prelude SH and post it for sale. (May she find a happy home.)
Old 06-18-2006, 05:37 PM
5th Gear

Atlanta Area

What kind of experiences have people had recently in Atlanta buying a 2006 5AT non-navi. I am looking at buying one in 1-2 months. According to my spreadsheet I should be able to get it for slightly more that $26000 + TTL, giving the dealer around a 4% profit (takes into account holdback of 2% and floorplan allowance of 1.5%).

Any info on my strategy and/or Atlanta dealers would be appreciated.

Tks,
Matt
Old 06-18-2006, 06:44 PM
4th Gear

Quote in SE Mass.

Got a quote of 28,200 for a 06 TSX w/Navi in SE Mass. Only thing holding up the deal is the trade-in. I imagine I'll hear from the Used Car appraiser tomorrow to tell me I'm getting a great deal....yeah right...
Old 06-19-2006, 04:33 PM
mrgold35

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,192 Posts
2006 TSX in N.M.

I was able to get my 2006 carbon pearl grey, 5AT, Acura TSX w/navi for $30,080 + TTL. The car was $28,300 and the rest was for purchase/installation:
- full OEM body kit
- wing spoiler
- metal trim kit
- trunk tray
- sun roof visor
- cargo net
- door edge guard
- pin stripe
- mud flaps (had to remove to add body kit)

I added 3M window tint and clear bra (clear bra also on headlights and fogs), K/N air filter, ASA AR1 chrome 17in rims from tirerack. Future mods will include cold air intake, headers/exhaust, slotted brakes, and honda data reflash.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:48 PM
wj4
Advanced

hey guys, im looking for a tsx in so cal........anywhere from the san fernando valley to the o.c. would be nice.

so far the best price i got was from keyes...i want a 6speed with navi and they want $30003 with TTL, a bit high dont you think?
Old 06-20-2006, 07:53 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by wj4
hey guys, im looking for a tsx in so cal........anywhere from the san fernando valley to the o.c. would be nice.

so far the best price i got was from keyes...i want a 6speed with navi and they want $30003 with TTL, a bit high dont you think?
I already sent you PM but talk to Jerry Ede at South Bay Acura in Torrance. 27300 for 06 TSX w/Nav is his offer and i'm sure you can haggle it down a bit more.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:12 PM
wj4
Advanced

Originally Posted by feelgood13
I already sent you PM but talk to Jerry Ede at South Bay Acura in Torrance. 27300 for 06 TSX w/Nav is his offer and i'm sure you can haggle it down a bit more.
sent u another PM...one last question
Old 06-20-2006, 08:15 PM
my acura sanctuary

Originally Posted by patience
Serramonte Acura gave me their first quote at $26,300. I could've haggled down to $26,000 even, but I figured that they deserved the extra $300 bucks for the quality of service. It rocked. Call them up and and ask for Dan Vong. Another nice kid. Tries really hard.

My breakdown then:
Base price $26,300
Doc prep fee $45
License fees $234
Tax (8.25%) 2173.46
Total, out the door: 28761.21

I'm pretty happy, and have a sweet ride sitting outside. Now I just gotta polish up the Prelude SH and post it for sale. (May she find a happy home.)

Yep Serramonte's good folks. I was in the same price for my 06 MT non-nav 3 months ago. good deal for good service at Serramonte.
Old 06-21-2006, 07:03 PM
wj4
Advanced

ok guys....heres the situation, what would u suggest.

i want a white tsx 6spd with navi....no one in socal has it except for keyes. they wanted $30,000 and TTL. i said no way because theres another dealership that a fellow acurazine member refer me to that was selling any tsx with navi for $27,300.
i get an email back from keyes saying lets meet the middle of $27,300 and $30,000 to make it fair.
what would u guys suggest? should i play the waiting game a while longer and hope they cant sell the car at keyes?

by the way, i know a bunch of ppl got good deals from keyes, but its from the internet manager who is no longer there so im out of luck, hehe.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:16 AM
7th Gear

As I'm sure you've seen from posts above, I bought a CG TSX automatic with nav for 27k + TTL. No destination fees or anything else. The cars have mud flaps and wheel locks on them. They'll try and get you to pay for them. Tell them you don't want to pay for them. They tossed them in on mine. Comparison shop with all the other dealerships and play them off one another. There's a lot in So Cal. Play hardball and be willing to wait/walk away. Otherwise they've got the leverage on you and once they know it, it's all over. Good luck.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:22 AM
06-NBP

I'm at a similar situation here. I'm looking for a 5spd with Nav. I received a $27,477 quote from Stevens Creek Acura. Sunnyvale was able to match it and add the wheel locks in there. I am hoping to buy the car from Los Gatos Acura. Is there a possibility for them to sell it at that price, add the wheel locks, all weather mats, and the "high performance" rims too, or am I just asking too much there?

Any advice? Thanks. I also heard that they are doing a 2.9% financing for the first 36months starting from friday to the end of the month.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:04 PM
wj4
Advanced

Originally Posted by jalbert
As I'm sure you've seen from posts above, I bought a CG TSX automatic with nav for 27k + TTL. No destination fees or anything else. The cars have mud flaps and wheel locks on them. They'll try and get you to pay for them. Tell them you don't want to pay for them. They tossed them in on mine. Comparison shop with all the other dealerships and play them off one another. There's a lot in So Cal. Play hardball and be willing to wait/walk away. Otherwise they've got the leverage on you and once they know it, it's all over. Good luck.
yes, im def not going to pay msrp for a car like the tsx when it can be haggled for. and i can wait no problem...time is my friend actually, hehe. i can wait as long as the 2007s to come in too. im going to the dealreship today to see what they say, hehe.
Old 06-22-2006, 01:55 PM
my acura sanctuary

Originally Posted by Tripnox
I'm at a similar situation here. I'm looking for a 5spd with Nav. I received a $27,477 quote from Stevens Creek Acura. Sunnyvale was able to match it and add the wheel locks in there. I am hoping to buy the car from Los Gatos Acura. Is there a possibility for them to sell it at that price, add the wheel locks, all weather mats, and the "high performance" rims too, or am I just asking too much there?

Any advice? Thanks. I also heard that they are doing a 2.9% financing for the first 36months starting from friday to the end of the month.
maybe they'll throw in the mats, but wheel upgrade is $$ so them "throwing them in" is a big stretch. maybe they'll cut you a deal but that is it.

you wrote "5spd" is that AT? or the 6spd MT? ....the only difference being availability of color with NAV. availability affect haggling room. but not base cost.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:58 PM
06-NBP

Thanks for the reply Subdued.

Yes i did mean the AT. over past experience, what is an appropriate cost for the rims?
Old 06-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Intermediate

Don't buy from Los Gatos

Don't buy from Los Gatos. They are always higher! I was told from both sunnyvale and Los Gatos I was lying about my quote from Stevens Creek. Los Gatos has always been (I baught an MDX in 03) about 1,000-2,000 more than anyone else.

In my experience Stevens Creek tells you the lowest price striaght up. You can walk or buy. The others go back to their manager 3 or 4 times and its a waste of my time. Of course I was willing to walk and in no rush.
Old 06-24-2006, 06:23 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by curl0086
Got a quote of 28,200 for a 06 TSX w/Navi in SE Mass. Only thing holding up the deal is the trade-in. I imagine I'll hear from the Used Car appraiser tomorrow to tell me I'm getting a great deal....yeah right...

I'd be interested in hearing how you made out. My wife is in the final stage of deciding whether to buy a TSX AT non navigation and I'm researching prices in MA. We are west of Boston so we have a couple of dealers we can choose from.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:25 AM
10th Gear

30,478 out the door
carbon grey auto tsx with navi
sierra acura Alhambra, CA
Old 06-25-2006, 02:28 AM
Cruisin'

Talking Finally Got My 2006 TSX!!

Originally Posted by AMB3
What dealer did you go to in Chicago? Do you have the name of the Salesperson too? How much over invoice?
Purchased in Chicago-area Suburbs

Automatic w/o Navigation
Silver (Alabaster Metallic) w/Quartz Interior
Dealer added Wheel Locks & Mudflaps for free
Paid: $26,208 ($100 Over Dealer Invoice, + $57 for Doc. Fee)

Price doesn't include the outrageous Illinois, City of Chicago & Cook County Taxes; Title & License Fees.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:55 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by surferdude
Don't buy from Los Gatos. They are always higher! I was told from both sunnyvale and Los Gatos I was lying about my quote from Stevens Creek. Los Gatos has always been (I baught an MDX in 03) about 1,000-2,000 more than anyone else.

In my experience Stevens Creek tells you the lowest price striaght up. You can walk or buy. The others go back to their manager 3 or 4 times and its a waste of my time. Of course I was willing to walk and in no rush.
Three weeks ago, I bought my TSX from Los Gatos Acura. I also spoke to Sunnyvale Acura (who wanted more tha Los Gatos Acura because they would have to dealer-trade for a 6MT non-nav) and Stevens Creek, who wanted *less* than what I ended up paying. In fact, I even accepted the lower Stevens Creek offer, only to be told, well, erm, we don't actually have that car but we'll be happy to put you into a car with nav for just 2k more. Classic bait-n-switch. By contrast, the Los Gatos deal was all above-board. Bonnie the Internet Salesperson gave me the price we negotiated in writing and showed me on her screen which car was mine, it's VIN, where it was and when it was due. The car showed up, it was the right one, I signed the forms, and was out in 45 minutes.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:36 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by clearlycanadian
I was searching for Canadian content on prices and couldn't find much so I'll start it myself... I paid $36,800 including all taxes and fees and they threw in free window tinting for a '06 black/black 6MT. However I have to wait for delivery as it sounds like it is sitting on a barge somewhere in the Pacific enroute from Japan...

Regarding 3M hood protection, do you folks recommend just the strip on the hood ($300) or the entire bumper and rear-view mirrors as well ($600)?
Alberta?
Old 06-26-2006, 02:51 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mjtsx
Three weeks ago, I bought my TSX from Los Gatos Acura. I also spoke to Sunnyvale Acura (who wanted more tha Los Gatos Acura because they would have to dealer-trade for a 6MT non-nav) and Stevens Creek, who wanted *less* than what I ended up paying. In fact, I even accepted the lower Stevens Creek offer, only to be told, well, erm, we don't actually have that car but we'll be happy to put you into a car with nav for just 2k more. Classic bait-n-switch. By contrast, the Los Gatos deal was all above-board. Bonnie the Internet Salesperson gave me the price we negotiated in writing and showed me on her screen which car was mine, it's VIN, where it was and when it was due. The car showed up, it was the right one, I signed the forms, and was out in 45 minutes.

True, the prices at Stevens Creek are for what they have on hand. I recently bought the non-navi for 25,605. Los Gatos was over 1,000 higher as was Sunnyvale. I just waited until my car was in stock, I decided it was better to wait a week and save the money.

When I told other dealers the price they said there was no way I could get it for that much. I'm wondering why Stevens Creek is so much cheeper? I mean all dealerships are within 20 min drive of each other, don't they all have the same deals?

Also, does anyone know what the kick back is for the questionaire they send you?
Old 06-26-2006, 03:29 PM
Intermediate

I will confirm Stevens Creek quotes the best prices. I'm surprised others will not follow suit.

Back in April (I still have not purchased), Stevens Creek offered me $200 under invoice for a 6MT nav CGP on their showroom floor. It had spoiler. I got to $200 over invoice for the same car at Mike Harvey. I got cold feet and held off. This was after being told how rare/hard to get 6MT w/ nav is.

Well, fast forward to yesterday. The Stevens Creek car is STILL in the showroom, the same car I nearly bought at Mike Harvey is STILL there too. They also have a alabaster silver non-navi 6MT too.

I think I changed my mind on the nav and will go non nav. I was hoping Mike Harvey would match Stevens Creek for the silver non-nav, but after this, I'm not holding my breath. Worth a shot though I suppose....
Old 06-26-2006, 03:44 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Zounds
I'd be interested in hearing how you made out. My wife is in the final stage of deciding whether to buy a TSX AT non navigation and I'm researching prices in MA. We are west of Boston so we have a couple of dealers we can choose from.
I'm looking for a TSX near Boston. Acura of Boston quoted me $27,000 no Nav, $29,000 with Nav. I'm hearing I can do better. What are you hearing for prices? Thanks!
Old 06-27-2006, 02:34 AM
1st Gear

Do you think that I can still get it at that price at Keyes? Did they throw in the wheellocks and mudguard for free?(did you have to haggle them?)

Thanks in advance.

Originally Posted by feelgood13
2006 Acura TSX Royal Blue Pearl/Ebony AT w/Navigation

Wheelocks/Mudguards

Los Angeles, CA

$26,999 + TTL
Old 06-27-2006, 03:20 AM
wj4
Advanced

Originally Posted by TsxBuyer
Do you think that I can still get it at that price at Keyes? Did they throw in the wheellocks and mudguard for free?(did you have to haggle them?)

Thanks in advance.
as he stated, steve kim, the internet manager does not work there any longer. ive been contacting keyes and the deal they gave me was not impressive at all so i ended up walking. i talk to all 3 of the "big dogs", julius, david, and another person who i cant remember right now. they wanted about 32k for a tsx with navi which was too much imo.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:54 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wj4
as he stated, steve kim, the internet manager does not work there any longer. ive been contacting keyes and the deal they gave me was not impressive at all so i ended up walking. i talk to all 3 of the "big dogs", julius, david, and another person who i cant remember right now. they wanted about 32k for a tsx with navi which was too much imo.
guess they're trying to make back all the money steve kim lost them? lol
Old 06-27-2006, 09:27 AM
4th Gear

I got a quote of 26,250 w/o nav in PA north of Philly. Has anyone done any better in this area recently?
Old 06-27-2006, 11:19 AM
5th Gear

26,250 sounds pretty good anywhere in the country, I think. I'm going to Baranco Acura in Atlanta today. I hope they will do this price. If so, they have a deal.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:18 PM
5th Gear

Did slightly better. Got 25,956 + Doc Fee + TTL today. All total is 28,217 OTD for a non-nav 5AT in Atlanta. Very straightforward dealer, too. Will be purchasing next week once the car I want is here.

Matt
Old 06-27-2006, 04:38 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jerome81
I will confirm Stevens Creek quotes the best prices. I'm surprised others will not follow suit.
Well, fast forward to yesterday. The Stevens Creek car is STILL in the showroom, the same car I nearly bought at Mike Harvey is STILL there too. They also have a alabaster silver non-navi 6MT too.
That's funny. That CGP 6MT with the spoiler was the one they tried to talk me into buying. The deal would have been great, if I was willing to spend $1200 more than I planned (and put up with a nav system I didn't want).

As for waiting a week, maybe Stevens Creek would have gotten a non-nav 6MT within a week. Maybe two. Maybe more. My car was totaled, and I was out of time on my insurance-covered rental car. So I decided to take the known quantity.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by bradykp
guess they're trying to make back all the money steve kim lost them? lol
that is so true....wonder if that's the reason he left...or got fired.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:48 PM
pdp
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Rookie1974
I'm looking for a TSX near Boston. Acura of Boston quoted me $27,000 no Nav, $29,000 with Nav. I'm hearing I can do better. What are you hearing for prices? Thanks!
im getting the same story.
i called EVERYWHERE within a 5 hour radius of me south and no one has the colors i want with the stick with nav.

i finally called acura of auburn and guy told me he could go low as 1k over invoice which put it at 29k. this price in no way sounds tempting after reading what others are getting them at. but this late into 06 and im finding it's hard to find the stick with nav? they said i could do a build order but that would take awhile...damn near waiting on the 07 release it seems.

ive got a trigger finger but i dont want to get crapped on.
if i take the 29k price, how abouts do you get them to tint and toss in mats and whatnot w/o the price going up?

this would be my first car as everything else ive bought has been motorcycles.
worst thing about it is my ipod thinger recommended by reach arrived today
Old 06-27-2006, 07:40 PM
Instructor

Hi guys, here. I've been reading the forums for a couple months now and just registered today. I am in the market for an 06 TSX (AT, Navi). I'm deciding between PWP or ASM. Anyway, the lowest quotes I've received so far for SF Bay Area (California) is $27,1XX and $27,4XX (dest. fees included) +TTL. Do these sound reasonable to you Norcalers? Thanks!
Old 06-27-2006, 08:39 PM
4th Gear

TSX in MA

I just purchased 06 w/Navi NBP automatic for $28K at Inskip in Warwick, RI. All I basically did was request quotes via Edmunds from every Acura dealership east of Auburn. First Acura in Seekonk, MA gave me the best quote initially, which was $28,200. I just worked off that to get down to 28K. I got my car right off the lot, which obviously helped keep the price way down.
Old 06-27-2006, 09:18 PM
Racer

Im just about to buy a 2006 CG w/o Navi in south florida, black int. Im going to get the car when it comes in, i didnt order it. Im going to get 0% financing for half the car and tires for life. The dealer im at now is willing to match the price from any other acura dealer. the dealer has the price now at $26,000. What do you think the possiblites of being able to get it down to $25,500 at another dealer?
Old 06-27-2006, 09:29 PM
Racer

Also has anyone got any of the dealers to throw in wheel locks, and all season floor mats? How much did everyone pay for their rear win spoiler?
Old 06-27-2006, 10:44 PM
5th Gear

HOw are you getting 0% financing? Is there another special that I havent seen? I'm buying my car a week from Thurs and would love to know about this.

As for 25,500...that might be tough. I got 25,956 today. I've seen some less, but not many. Good luck!

Matt
Old 06-27-2006, 10:56 PM
Racer

ed morse acura has a 0% financing deal till the end of the month...
Old 06-27-2006, 11:11 PM
is cuteness

Originally Posted by curl0086
I just purchased 06 w/Navi NBP automatic for $28K at Inskip in Warwick, RI. All I basically did was request quotes via Edmunds from every Acura dealership east of Auburn. First Acura in Seekonk, MA gave me the best quote initially, which was $28,200. I just worked off that to get down to 28K. I got my car right off the lot, which obviously helped keep the price way down.
Good Job! Congrats! I'm glad you got it even lower than 28.2k

Quick Reply: What price are you paying for 2006 TSX ???