What price are you paying for 2006 TSX ???

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006 | 02:20 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by airborne
That is pretty high for the midwest. Not sure where you are at, but I just took delivery of an 06 TSX w/o navi for $26,051 out the door including shipping. I used www.fightingchance.com and called the 5 closest dealers to solicit bids. Worked like a charm. I have been using this for 10+ years and have found thier info to be better than Edmunds or Consumer Reports. They also explain all of the fees and financing for you. Good Luck.
25900- price
599 dealer fee
= 26,499
then 6.5 tax rate
1722.44 tax
225 - plate

28446.44- otd in florida -

what is over priced?
Old 04-25-2006 | 02:43 PM
Racer

document and or processing fees are different everywhere
Old 04-25-2006 | 03:27 PM
Recovering SUV Addict...

After reading all this...I'm now convinced I could have gotten mine for about $1000 less than I did. Oh friggin well...they wouldn't budge much more than they did. I still think they gave me $500 less for my trailblazer than they should have. I dunno...I almost don't care - I'm loving the TSX, and I feel I got a pretty good deal, though not the best around. With only 3 dealers around Pittsburgh, and only one that had the car I wanted, I can't complain.

I did get them to throw in the door edge gaurds installed for free because I had to go back for them to install the door visors which they told me they had in stock but weren't on the car when I went to pick it up, as they made a mistake.

I'm happy. This is one hell of a car. I went and picked up one of the "california car dusters" at Advance Auto for $9, and I'm using it to get all the damn pollen from the trees where I park at work, almost daily. Thing does a nice job keeping it cleaner in between washes...
Old 04-25-2006 | 04:36 PM
Pro

That is pretty high for the midwest. Not sure where you are at, but I just took delivery of an 06 TSX w/o navi for $26,051 out the door including shipping. I used www.fightingchance.com and called the 5 closest dealers to solicit bids. Worked like a charm. I have been using this for 10+ years and have found thier info to be better than Edmunds or Consumer Reports. They also explain all of the fees and financing for you. Good Luck.
That's nearly impossible....you are saying you got the car for $2,000 under invoice. Unless you didn't pay sales tax, that's a hell of a deal. Invoice for a new TSX w/o Navi is around $26,000. Add $2k for TTL and you are at $28k. Maybe your definition of "out the door" is before TTL?
Old 04-25-2006 | 08:09 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by Ronin317
After reading all this...I'm now convinced I could have gotten mine for about $1000 less than I did. Oh friggin well...they wouldn't budge much more than they did. I still think they gave me $500 less for my trailblazer than they should have. I dunno...I almost don't care - I'm loving the TSX, and I feel I got a pretty good deal, though not the best around. With only 3 dealers around Pittsburgh, and only one that had the car I wanted, I can't complain.

I did get them to throw in the door edge gaurds installed for free because I had to go back for them to install the door visors which they told me they had in stock but weren't on the car when I went to pick it up, as they made a mistake.

I'm happy. This is one hell of a car. I went and picked up one of the "california car dusters" at Advance Auto for $9, and I'm using it to get all the damn pollen from the trees where I park at work, almost daily. Thing does a nice job keeping it cleaner in between washes...
with the items you added i think you got a pretty good deal. you got the extended warranty as well as some other things. you're price seems about in line with the others. you should be happy with your deal.

that sucks with the pollen, but yeah, the duster is awesome between washes
Old 04-25-2006 | 08:10 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by ninjamyst
That's nearly impossible....you are saying you got the car for $2,000 under invoice. Unless you didn't pay sales tax, that's a hell of a deal. Invoice for a new TSX w/o Navi is around $26,000. Add $2k for TTL and you are at $28k. Maybe your definition of "out the door" is before TTL?
i agree, lots of people don't arent using the term "out the door" properly on here.
Old 04-26-2006 | 02:28 AM
6th Gear

what are people paying for their monthly payments? please state how many months,

example 500 for 60 months
Old 04-26-2006 | 06:17 AM
Instructor

I'm paying $581/month for 36 months on a $20k balance. I've done several 0% for life credit card balance transfers, which would have provided enough money to cover that remaining balance. However, I was approved for the 2.9% rate (for 36 months), and since the money from the b/t's are in a money market account that is paying about 4 3/4%, I figure it makes sense to keep the money it in. Even after losing some of that to taxes, and then deductible the 2.9% rate on the loan, I'm still coming out a little ahead (with I think worst case enough room to at least break even if savings rates go down).

Jeff
Old 04-26-2006 | 09:13 AM
Arriving Somewhere...

After reading all this...I'm now convinced I could have gotten mine for about $1000 less than I did. Oh friggin well...they wouldn't budge much more than they did.
I hear you. I just bought a TSX from one of the three Pittsburgh dealers too. Mine is an 06 CGP/Ebony with Nav. I don't know exactly how to get the "official" OTD price, but their original offer was pretty close to MSRP (with "free" Protection Package). I only got them to come down about $1,500. It didn't help that they have pretty much no stock, so they weren't exactly desparate to sell TSXs. They were pretty fair with the trade-in though. They considered it in KBB "good" condition, despite a transmission problem where I had to trick the car into neutral to start it. We all need to stop reading this thread... there's always someone who did way better than you.

Chris
Old 04-26-2006 | 09:25 AM
Recovering SUV Addict...

Originally Posted by Mockenrue
I hear you. I just bought a TSX from one of the three Pittsburgh dealers too. Mine is an 06 CGP/Ebony with Nav. I don't know exactly how to get the "official" OTD price, but their original offer was pretty close to MSRP (with "free" Protection Package). I only got them to come down about $1,500. It didn't help that they have pretty much no stock, so they weren't exactly desparate to sell TSXs. They were pretty fair with the trade-in though. They considered it in KBB "good" condition, despite a transmission problem where I had to trick the car into neutral to start it. We all need to stop reading this thread... there's always someone who did way better than you.

Chris
Which dealer? I got mine at Smail in Greensburg. And I got CGP/Ebony, no nav though (thought the extra would be better for the warranty and some accessories...).

I'm throwing the M3 Lip spoiler on mine (should be here tomorrow) along with the door visors and roof visor - I hope I don't run by a mirror image of my car somewhere. Heheh.

And let me just say, I love Route 28 from Harmar on North...I had the TSX up to 120 there satruday night, no cops for miles and miles. Last year I drove a friends M3 up there too around 130 for a few miles with no problems either.
Old 04-26-2006 | 09:38 AM
Racer

Im paying $681/48 months 3.9%.

No downpayment.

My interest account is yielding 5.63% so I decided to just leave the intended $10k downpayment in the interest account.

I should come out a few hundred dollars ahead or break even if nothing else and have more liquid cash during the next 4 years for any unexpected events.
Old 04-26-2006 | 10:34 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by bradykp
i agree, lots of people don't arent using the term "out the door" properly on here.
That was with TTL. Acura has a 2% holdback on the sticker price and an additional 1.5% floorpanning allowance that you have to make sure the dealer knows that you know about to get the best possible deal. This was the true out the door cost.
Old 04-26-2006 | 10:35 AM
Advanced

I just got my 2006 Silver non-navi with mudguards & trunk liner for 27,300. I pushed hard to get a lower price, but the east coast just isn't dealing. I'm in Pittsburgh, BTW.
Old 04-26-2006 | 11:08 AM
Arriving Somewhere...

Which dealer? ... I hope I don't run by a mirror image of my car somewhere.
Spitzer in McMurray. You probably don't have to worry about passing me on the road too often. Most of my driving is in the South Hills and West of the city. Unfortunately, I rarely get to "open it up" in my daily commute. Yesterday at lunch I took a joy ride out past the Airport just to find some open road. Interesting that the Pittsburgh buyers are all showing up at the same time.

Chris
Old 04-26-2006 | 11:26 AM
Pro

That was with TTL. Acura has a 2% holdback on the sticker price and an additional 1.5% floorpanning allowance that you have to make sure the dealer knows that you know about to get the best possible deal. This was the true out the door cost.
Nice nice....Congrats! Which part of the Midwest are you from? I am in Chicago and they won't even come close to invoice....those greedy dealers.
Old 04-26-2006 | 12:25 PM
Recovering SUV Addict...

Spitzer in McMurray. You probably don't have to worry about passing me on the road too often. Most of my driving is in the South Hills and West of the city. Unfortunately, I rarely get to "open it up" in my daily commute. Yesterday at lunch I took a joy ride out past the Airport just to find some open road. Interesting that the Pittsburgh buyers are all showing up at the same time.

Chris
That Spitzer dealer used to be out my way in Monroeville (I'm from Penn Hills), and they moved out to McMurray. I get down that way once in a while when I head out to KO Sports to buy som hockey equipment or get a jersey lettered (hockey is god!), or if I'm heading out that way to golf. I just love golfing Cedarbrook...

I hear you on the daily commute - I work in Oakmont, so I have a 5 minute drive to work...no road to open it either.

Yeah, kinda weird how we all just showed up.
Old 04-26-2006 | 12:25 PM
Advanced

Chris
I bought from the same place - who was your sales person? I've been waiting to buy until rates came down, and at 4.9% I couldn't pass it up - especially with the new features (Bluetooth, AUX input, memory seats, fog lights, etc). I live just south of McMurray, so you may see me around

T
Old 04-26-2006 | 08:28 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by ryospe
what are people paying for their monthly payments? please state how many months,

example 500 for 60 months
Well i just got my 2006 TSX w/o navi today, 25,800 w/ trunk tray and whell locks plus 599 dealer fees (i live in palm beach, florida) plus tax, tag
Old 04-26-2006 | 08:36 PM
6th Gear

example 500 for 60 months[/QUOTE]
Well i just got my 2006 TSX w/o navi today, 25,800 w/ trunk tray and whell locks plus 599 dealer fees (i live in palm beach, florida) plus tax, tag

plus 1170 (2000 if i did it outside the contract at todays rates) for maintenace for 60k miles with tires for life (800 each time) as long as i continue to go to them for maintenance.
Old 04-26-2006 | 09:04 PM
Drifting

anyone here dealt with crown acura in richmond?? I'm trying to get a deal together and i'm curious if anyone has bought there. i've gotten an offer from another dealer of $28,390 for an 06 tsx 6spd w/navi, wheel locks, mud guards and cargo net but i'd like to deal in richmond if i could because its closer to me. (richmond 1 and 1/2 hours..other dealership 2 and 1/2 hours)
Old 04-27-2006 | 12:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rza49311
anyone here dealt with crown acura in richmond?? I'm trying to get a deal together and i'm curious if anyone has bought there. i've gotten an offer from another dealer of $28,390 for an 06 tsx 6spd w/navi, wheel locks, mud guards and cargo net but i'd like to deal in richmond if i could because its closer to me. (richmond 1 and 1/2 hours..other dealership 2 and 1/2 hours)
I got a bunch of "quotes", it would serve you well to make sure they actually have a 6 speed navi in the color that you want. 99% of the time they don't and just want to take a $1000 deposit so that they can "attempt" to dealer swap one that might not even exist at any dealers they have a relationship with.
Old 04-27-2006 | 06:55 AM
Drifting

no, i've done my research and actually been to the dealership and test drove said car. I'm just curious how much i could possibly chew them down so thats why i asked if anyone has had dealings with them.
Old 04-27-2006 | 08:23 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by rza49311
no, i've done my research and actually been to the dealership and test drove said car. I'm just curious how much i could possibly chew them down so thats why i asked if anyone has had dealings with them.
Considering its pretty hard around the VA area to find 6MT + Navi in specific color combos, I would say anything under $28,500 is a very fair price IF they have exactly what you want.

Also, you should act fast if they have the exact car you want because the promotional APR offer (2.9/36 3.9/48 4.9/60) ends April 30th.

The absolute best price I could get in the VA, MD, PA area for a 6MT + Navi was $27,990, but none of the dealers that gave me this price actually had the car. They all felt "confident" they could get the color combo I wanted or a combo that was very close once I forked over a $1000 deposit.

When I finally bought my ASM 6MT/NAVI car in Fairfax, VA (story on previous page) I paid $28,271 + accessories(Metallic Steering Wheel $601) + Sales Tax + Document & Processing Fees(299.99) + 2 Year Tags & Title(around $100 or something).

Final Out the door price $30,174 with 3.9/48 APR

...and I have the original steering wheel that I am going to sell.

Hope it helps
Aamir
Old 04-27-2006 | 08:31 AM
Drifting

Yeah that definitely helps. Thanks for the info. You are right about it being rare too according to what dealers have told me. One guy in NC had the nerve to tell me i'm looking for a needle in a haystack and another dealer in NC say 28,3 was an awesome deal and that he couldn't believe that price.. Its funny because i'm going for the same color you got! i love the ASM.
Old 04-27-2006 | 11:56 AM
1st Gear

I am located in the midwest as well and looking for 06 TSX w/o navi. Where are you located? I am also considering 07 Camry XLE and Honda Accord - any advice?
Old 04-27-2006 | 12:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TiredofSUV
I am located in the midwest as well and looking for 06 TSX w/o navi. Where are you located? I am also considering 07 Camry XLE and Honda Accord - any advice?
Depends what you are looking for. I was trying to replace an 02 Camry Solara (2dr) that was totalled in an accident. Wife really wanted 4 doors, so looked 'up' at the 4dr Camry. Was close to getting a leftover 06, as I really didn't like the 07 style (though the drive (steering, brakes, engine) is improved over the a way too soft (for me) XLE). Skipped the Accord, because it didn't have a color combination I liked, but looked at the TL. Nice car, but wasn't thrilled with the acceleration response (I have a light foot, it needs a heavier one).

The TSX was as ideal as I found in terms of balancing performance (205HP, fuel economy (4 cyl) luxury (almost all the major features), practicality (real seat folds), size (is a 4dr, decent size trunk, but not a huge vehicle), and price (list price about $5k+ cheaper than TL). The longer Acura warranty is also a bonus over Honda and Toyota.

I don't think you'll find the perfect car. Even with the TSX, there are features about my old Toyota which I think were superior. I think what you need to do is sort of figure out what you are looking for (luxury, price, economy, performance, reliability, styling, etc.), look at a bunch of different cars, and then rank them. You can't go wrong with any of the cars you mentioned, you just want to find the best among them.

Jeff
Old 04-27-2006 | 12:40 PM
Recovering SUV Addict...

I, for one, feel the Camry is a little over priced. The '07, equipped well, can run about $30-32. That's sick. And I don't feel the interior is of the quality of the TSX...

It's a nice car, but vanilla. If I had a family...perhaps. But most of the time it's just me and my girl or a friend or two...

I did look at, but not drive an '06 and '07 Camry, and the styling of the '07 is nicer, I just can't justify the price. Especially when the Mercury Milan is in the same class, and comes VERY nicely equipped for about $26, rides smooth, and is generally pretty reliable. In fact, I'd say it handles better than any Camry I've ever driven (an '02 and older...). I almost priced out a Milan after driving it, but I was still in SUV mode then (was trying to decide between the Mazda Tribute and the Mercury Mariner). Had I have been there after deciding to go back to a car, I may be driving a Milan right now, as I never would have looked at the TSX. Would I be remorseful about that? not exactly...but I love the TSX I bought...
Old 04-27-2006 | 10:32 PM
Intermediate

$26,646 OTD for a 2006 black on black AT no nav. Mats, Trunk tray, and moonroof visor are included.
Old 04-28-2006 | 01:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by sander
$26,646 OTD for a 2006 black on black AT no nav. Mats, Trunk tray, and moonroof visor are included.
where are you from?
Old 04-28-2006 | 08:21 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by sander
hmm...another one getting almost $2,000 off invoice. Is that $26,646 with TTL?????
Old 04-28-2006 | 09:17 AM
Intermediate

I'm from St. Louis, but buying it from a Chicago dealer. It was a lot cheaper to buy it there. My price does not include sales tax which I have to pay in MO at the DMV.
Old 04-28-2006 | 09:58 AM
Racer

Why is the concept of an "Out the door" price so difficult to understand lol.
Old 04-28-2006 | 10:15 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AamirCWITR
Agreed....OTD price with 9% Chicago sales tax comes to 29044.14. I got mine for 30K OTD with navi.(Actually 32K after the Dent/paint warranty and extended warranty)
Old 04-28-2006 | 10:18 AM
Pro

I am a little confused myself....I always thought "Out the door" include TTL and other fees. Am I wrong?
Old 04-28-2006 | 02:03 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ninjamyst
I am a little confused myself....I always thought "Out the door" include TTL and other fees. Am I wrong?
Maybe this should be a sticky =P

OUT THE DOOR PRICE EXAMPLE

1. Car Sale Price $28,000
(This price should include any accessories or options and the destination charge)

2. Sales Tax 5% = $1,400
(Sales tax is different in every state)

3. Dealer Document and/or Processing Fees $300
(These fees vary at each and every dealer)

4. Tags, Title, Registration $100
(These can very in every state)

FINAL OUT THE DOOR PRICE =
$28,000
$ 1,400
$ 300
+ $ 100
------------
$29,800

The out the door price is the amount you are financing.
Old 04-29-2006 | 08:22 PM
2nd Gear

Just got my TSX today.

Auto Black on Black no Navi

No trade

Paid $484 for 72 months with no money down

This was my otd price including everything.

Bought at Jay Wolfe Acura in South Florida.
Old 04-29-2006 | 10:43 PM
Intermediate

Because in MO the taxes have nothing to do with your car deal. The dealer does not do anything, we deal directly with the state. OTD for us is out the door of the dealership.
Old 04-30-2006 | 09:11 PM
Cruisin'

Since all states have different DMV processes, taxes, and fees, maybe the best way is to post prices before tax and fees. More apple to apple. Like what the TSX sign in log says "Price paid before tax/lic".

$29k OTD in California is not the same as 29k OTD in Oregon (state with no sales tax).
Old 05-01-2006 | 03:12 PM
1st Gear

Chris
To everyone in Pittsburgh. How much did you guys pay before TTL, warranty and any other add ons. I am looking to buy by the end of the month and I am wondering what the 3 Pittsburgh Dealers are offering.
Old 05-01-2006 | 03:33 PM
Pro

Maybe this should be a sticky =P
1. Car Sale Price = $28,080.06

2. Sales Tax 7% = $1,969.62

3. Dealer Document and/or Processing Fees = $57.33 + $15.00 county tax?

4. Tags, Title, Registration = $143

FINAL OUT THE DOOR PRICE = $30,265.01

'06 CG MT TSX w/ Navi - Muller's Acura of Woodfield in Schamburg, IL but with sales tax of Champaign, IL.

Quick Reply: What price are you paying for 2006 TSX ???