tsx vs accord

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2003 | 06:34 PM
10th Gear

tsx vs accord

"TSX is nothing more than an overpriced Accord without that sweet v6."

Why does everyone think that about the TSX...i think the interior of the accord looks a lot different then the TSX...tsx's interior is a lot nicer looking then the accord's and the i have no idea what honda was thinking when designing the 4dr accord...damn thats one ugly car...the coupe is nice..but comparing the tsx vs 4dr accord...i think the tsx wins hands down...plus, the fact you won't be one of the other hundred accords on the road already..
Old 10-03-2003 | 06:37 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

You are preaching to the choir dude

Just let the ignorant remain that way. It takes less effort than educating them. That's the American way.
Old 10-03-2003 | 06:40 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Re: tsx vs accord

Originally posted by GK_TSX
"TSX is nothing more than an overpriced Accord without that sweet v6."

Why does everyone think that about the TSX...i think the interior of the accord looks a lot different then the TSX...tsx's interior is a lot nicer looking then the accord's and the i have no idea what honda was thinking when designing the 4dr accord...damn thats one ugly car...the coupe is nice..but comparing the tsx vs 4dr accord...i think the tsx wins hands down...plus, the fact you won't be one of the other hundred accords on the road already..
Not to mention the TSX will outhandle an accord and is a much sportier and fun ride.

If anyone says that to you .. just get them to watch the TSX vs accord driving impression video at vtec.net. TSX was the prefered car in the twistes.
Old 10-03-2003 | 08:20 PM
such a dirty birdy

The Accord is a fine car and is a good choice for people who want good reliable transportation without having to expend a lot of effort making a car-buying decision. The Accord is a nice safe choice and you'll never go wrong with it. The TSX appeals to a slightly different set of values, although it does share a lot of the basic good qualities of the Accord. It's my impression that most people buying the TSX put a lot of thought into what their real automotive needs/wants are and choose the TSX after a careful evaluation of their options. The "overpriced Accord" statement is a very superficial observation. Also incorrect, in my opinion. But to someone who believes it, I say "great, go buy an Accord". I know the TSX is the best choice for me and I really don't care what Accord apologists think about it.
Old 10-03-2003 | 08:23 PM

Re: Re: tsx vs accord

Originally posted by fdl
Not to mention the TSX will outhandle an accord and is a much sportier and fun ride.

If anyone says that to you .. just get them to watch the TSX vs accord driving impression video at vtec.net. TSX was the prefered car in the twistes.
Ya and the Accord was much much faster another reson why the tsx handled better.p.s. over all vtec.com likes the accord much more and praises the style and engine.
Old 10-03-2003 | 08:33 PM

"TSX was the prefered car in the twistes"

lol Do you mean the only thing that was "preferd"on the tsx was its way around turns?agreed.
Old 10-03-2003 | 08:58 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Originally posted by adam fiooz
"TSX was the prefered car in the twistes"

lol Do you mean the only thing that was "preferd"on the tsx was its way around turns?agreed.
Great example Adam.. Erwin... whatever.

See what I mean?? You're not going to change this moron's mind, and who gives a crap what comes from him.
Old 10-03-2003 | 09:04 PM
Not an Ashtray

Please, can't we all agree to ignore Floozy. Sooner or later, puberty will kick in anyway. He'll discover girls (or, more likely, boys) and leave us all alone.

Anyway, as far as the Accord, I think the the every Honda Accord driver gives a lot of thought to the purchase. I know I bought two Accords, and looked at everything the price bracket at the time. In terms of basic family transportation, the Accords blows everything else away.

As for the TSX, let's face it, it is not as good a value as the Accord. You do get a little less bang-for-the-buck. That is simple an economic thing. There are zillions of Accords on the road and zillions of Honda dealers. So, the economies of scale drive down the price on the Accord. We don't have that going for us when you buy a TSX.

But, for me, I was willing to spend a little more to get better styling, handling, and a few extra features.
Old 10-03-2003 | 11:07 PM
Advanced

One thing I have noticed and that definately turned me away from the Acura TSX is the owners. All the owners of a TSX seem to think that there car is the best out there, and there is nothing out there that is better. This is understandable because you care for your car very much, but to think that your car is an overall better car than the accord is just in sane. You talk about the twisties and so fourth yet the TSX wouldn't even be able to keep it's rev happy engine up with the Accord, much less the 6 speed. I own a 6 speed accord now and I have met up with a few TSX owners and they wouldn't even try me. I'm not a racer, but I will put someone in there place if I have too.

The moral of this post is simple:

Stop thinking your invincible because your not. The TSX is a underpowered, overpriced car and i'm definately glad I did not purchase one. NUFF SAID.
Old 10-03-2003 | 11:08 PM
such a dirty birdy

darth62, I did not mean to characterize Accord buyers as unthinking twits (that part in this play has already been floozed, I mean filled...). I have an Accord too and I put some thought into buying it. What I meant was that it's a good car and one that a buyer won't regret purchasing even if they don't do any more research than looking over the Accord colour charts. For those buyers, the TSX probably isn't the right car and that's OK.

At first, it sounds like maybe you don't perceive any value in "better styling, handling, and a few extra features"? But I think you do, because you were willing to spend more to get those things. So was I. I don't think that means the TSX is not as good a value as the Accord, it's still an excellent value for what you get. Value is a lot about perception and what's important to the individual buyer. The TSX delivers qualities that are important to you and I and that we're willing to pay a bit more to have. So it's a different kind of, but not less, bang for your buck.
Old 10-03-2003 | 11:15 PM
Not an Ashtray

Originally posted by jdibella
One thing I have noticed and that definately turned me away from the Acura TSX is the owners. All the owners of a TSX seem to think that there car is the best out there, and there is nothing out there that is better. This is understandable because you care for your car very much, but to think that your car is an overall better car than the accord is just in sane. You talk about the twisties and so fourth yet the TSX wouldn't even be able to keep it's rev happy engine up with the Accord, much less the 6 speed. I own a 6 speed accord now and I have met up with a few TSX owners and they wouldn't even try me. I'm not a racer, but I will put someone in there place if I have too.

Stop thinking your invincible because your not. The TSX is a underpowered, overpriced car and i'm definately glad I did not purchase one. NUFF SAID.
So,let me get this straight: You've come to a TSX enthusiast site and you're angry because posters here think the TSX is superior to other cars?

Do you realize how ridiculous you are? That would be like going to visit a fan site for the Chicago Bears and getting bent out of shape because everybody there prefers the Bears to your team.

The moral of this post is simple: Don't got to an enthusiast website and expect everybody to evaluate their own vehicles with complete balance. That is not what this site is for.

I'm guessing that the reason you keep feeling the need to visit here, getting all bent out of shape about people's attitudes toward their cars, is because you are insecure about your own purchase.

Get a life dude. NUFF SAID.
Old 10-03-2003 | 11:17 PM
Not an Ashtray

Originally posted by majormojo
darth62, I did not mean to characterize Accord buyers as unthinking twits (that part in this play has already been floozed, I mean filled...). I have an Accord too and I put some thought into buying it. What I meant was that it's a good car and one that a buyer won't regret purchasing even if they don't do any more research than looking over the Accord colour charts. For those buyers, the TSX probably isn't the right car and that's OK.

At first, it sounds like maybe you don't perceive any value in "better styling, handling, and a few extra features"? But I think you do, because you were willing to spend more to get those things. So was I. I don't think that means the TSX is not as good a value as the Accord, it's still an excellent value for what you get. Value is a lot about perception and what's important to the individual buyer. The TSX delivers qualities that are important to you and I and that we're willing to pay a bit more to have. So it's a different kind of, but not less, bang for your buck.
Value is a hard issue. I used to think that you were getting more for your money when you bought an Accord LX. But, I always went for the EX. It cost a few thousand more, and you didn't really get a lot for that extra money. But, those were extra features that I really wanted.
Old 10-03-2003 | 11:34 PM
such a dirty birdy

jdibella, I think you're making an unfair comparison. Honda does not offer a 4-door 6spd Accord. In my local market, the Accord coupe w/ 6pd is priced higher than the TSX. And it's still only a 2-door. So by that measure, it looks overpriced. A 4-door Accord with a stick is only available with the 140hp I4. So by that measure, it looks underpowered. Those aren't quite fair comparisons either. It's all apples and oranges.

I don't claim the TSX is invincible, not for a second. But it does a better job of meeting MY criteria than the Accord. That makes it a better overall car. If you think a 2 door Accord is better for you, that's great, but for a lot (probably most) TSX buyers it was never even in the running.
Old 10-04-2003 | 03:36 AM
Houston we have a problem

I am not a TSX fan, nor do I think the car is the best of ALL cars. I just happen to own one. But TSX is underpowered? Over priced? I can easily take on a stock Accord V-6 on autocross track and pretty sure wouldn't have any problem beating it. Drag race? Whorever has the bigger engine (higher hp) wins, what's so great about that? Don't people know that overall balance of the car is more important than just plain power and straight line speed?
Old 10-04-2003 | 03:39 AM
Houston we have a problem

oh, and...
jdibella, please don't get offended. I am just talking about cars, being a CAR lover myself.
Old 10-04-2003 | 07:09 AM
Racer

It's good to see you guys on the defensive (justifing the TSX vs Accord) once in awhile.

One thing I have noticed and that definately turned me away from the Acura TSX is the owners. All the owners of a TSX seem to think that there car is the best out there, and there is nothing out there that is better.
Hey, that's totally understandable. Every 'enthusiast' site has that sentiment in one form or another. However, what has made it worse here is the fact that some seem 'to shoot their mouth off' without knowing facts. Even better is the fact that some TSX owners can't even conceive why someone would even buy another car, even when you point out the TSX's deficiencies and why they may be a factor to your personal experience.
Old 10-04-2003 | 08:59 AM
04 remembrance

Actually, the TSX may be the "overpriced accord without the sweet v6". But it really doesn't matter.

The TSX enthusiasts may think the TSX is the best value, but it's solely their opinion, and this also doesn't matter.

And people who really think the TSX isn't worth their value, so what? You're not the one who purchased it, you're not the one driving it, and you're not the one who needs to care what other TSX members are saying/implying/suggesting.
Old 10-04-2003 | 09:26 AM
Integral & Acurate TSXer

Bowersans 2 cents:

You can go to a Lexus enthusiasts site and find people who could argue that the ES is the 'best value' car for them, regardless of the fact that it simply is a 'overpriced camry'. Simply put, its all a matter of viewpoint- To TSX owners, 'best value' is calculated by decent engine size, decent exterior looks, great interior, great handling, decent status, good value for $. There are others who would argue status doesnt matter, that interior looks dont matter, and that it all comes down to engine size and exterior looks. Others might say that value for money is not a concern- all that matters is high status, regardless of engine size or looks or any other factor. Even still, there are others who think that buying a car over $20,000 is a rediculous waste, because in the end, any car can get you from 'point a to point b'.

Ulitmately, what it comes down to is freedom. As a result of capitalism giving us a wide gamut of products and the fact that we live in a liberal democratic society(well, us here in Canada live like that at least) that allows us freedom of choice to buy whatever we chose, PEOPLE ARE FREE TO CHOOSE WHATEVER THEY WANT BASED ON THEIR OWN DECISIONS.
Human nature then takes over-after we've made a decision (on whatever basis we have decided upon) we try to justify that decision in any way possible. (Did you know advertising, more often than not, serves as menal reinforcement for those who have already bought the product,rather than serving those who are in the market for a new product? People want to know they've made the right choice.)
In summation: If you've bought a Accord V6, are you happy with your purchase? If you've bought a Saab 93, are you happy with your purchase? If you've bought a Mazda 6, are you happy with your purchase? If you've bought a TSX, are you happy with your purchase?

As long as your answer is yes, that should be enough. Be happy with your choice. Dont worry if other people try to tell you that you're wrong. Your choices are your choices alone. What is right for you may not be right for someone else, but in no way does that make your choice wrong.

I'm happy with my decision. In fact, I couldnt be happier. I hope you feel the same, regardless of what vehicle you've purchased.

J.
Old 10-04-2003 | 10:01 AM
The Voice of Reason

Originally posted by TSXautoXer
Don't people know that overall balance of the car is more important than just plain power and straight line speed?
Since half or more of US "car" sales aren't cars at all but are pickups, minivans and SUVs, probably not.

Sad to say but "we" motorheads are a small minority of car buyers. Even "driver's cars" like the 3-series BMW are mostly fashion accessories ordered with automatics and skinny tires, and rarely driven the way they were designed to be driven.

In September 2003 Honda sold 33,072 Accords, 22,837 Civics, 11,584 Oddys, 11,337 CRVs, 9038 Pilots, 5430 Elements and 4589 MDXs

But 2094 TSXs in September.

I'd be shocked if Honda doesn't sell more snowblowers than that.
Old 10-04-2003 | 11:52 AM

Originally posted by jcg878
Great example Adam.. Erwin... whatever.

See what I mean?? You're not going to change this moron's mind, and who gives a crap what comes from him.
Im not here to kiss ass you bunch of hatters and fanboys!
Old 10-04-2003 | 11:54 AM

lol This guy is the smartest guy i have ever heard on this joke of a forum.
Old 10-04-2003 | 11:57 AM

Originally posted by darth62
So,let me get this straight: You've come to a TSX enthusiast site and you're angry because posters here think the TSX is superior to other cars?

Do you realize how ridiculous you are? That would be like going to visit a fan site for the Chicago Bears and getting bent out of shape because everybody there prefers the Bears to your team.

The moral of this post is simple: Don't got to an enthusiast website and expect everybody to evaluate their own vehicles with complete balance. That is not what this site is for.

I'm guessing that the reason you keep feeling the need to visit here, getting all bent out of shape about people's attitudes toward their cars, is because you are insecure about your own purchase.

Get a life dude. NUFF SAID.
Your a moron go to any respected forum for any car and they talk about real pros and cons on cars .there not a bunch of fanboy faggits like most of you guys!
Old 10-04-2003 | 11:59 AM

Originally posted by majormojo
jdibella, I think you're making an unfair comparison. Honda does not offer a 4-door 6spd Accord. In my local market, the Accord coupe w/ 6pd is priced higher than the TSX. And it's still only a 2-door. So by that measure, it looks overpriced. A 4-door Accord with a stick is only available with the 140hp I4. So by that measure, it looks underpowered. Those aren't quite fair comparisons either. It's all apples and oranges.

I don't claim the TSX is invincible, not for a second. But it does a better job of meeting MY criteria than the Accord. That makes it a better overall car. If you think a 2 door Accord is better for you, that's great, but for a lot (probably most) TSX buyers it was never even in the running.
Wrong asswipe i own a fully loaded 2003 accord coupe with navi and it was 27 grand out the door!
Old 10-04-2003 | 12:01 PM

Originally posted by 93Kewl
It's good to see you guys on the defensive (justifing the TSX vs Accord) once in awhile.

Hey, that's totally understandable. Every 'enthusiast' site has that sentiment in one form or another. However, what has made it worse here is the fact that some seem 'to shoot their mouth off' without knowing facts. Even better is the fact that some TSX owners can't even conceive why someone would even buy another car, even when you point out the TSX's deficiencies and why they may be a factor to your personal experience.
So true man you hit it right on the head.
Old 10-04-2003 | 12:09 PM
Porn Connoisseur

I owned a 2003 accord coupe that i got rid of and got the TSX.
And speaking from OWNING not just driving or test driving both cars the TSX is a better car period.
The accord has more speed off the line, than the tsx this much is true.
But the handling and smoothness is by far more superior in the TSX. Cuts in and out of traffic, passing acceleration and other day to day driving activities are much more responsive and smoother with a TSX.
I had the accord when it first came out and i loved it. Slowly i seen everyone own one, and once i seen a bunch of old ladies driving accords i knew it was my time to get out.
The accord is a great value and i dont know of any other quality reliable car with 240hp you can get at that price. The Accord will probably win a ton of awards for value as well.
But IMHO the TSX is a better car driven by its exclusivity in still charging an arm and a leg for the car as opposed to the fact you can get a left over 03 accord lx v6 for 21500 cause the market is so saturated with them.
What makes me laugh is when i see people pull up besides me in 03 accords and look over. I feel like when i see my ex with another dude and he gives me the ice grill. "Dude i been there and done that, You can keep it"
AKay
Old 10-04-2003 | 01:03 PM
My other "car" is a 4x4

I cross-shopped the Accord before I decided on buying the TSX, and you know what? The TSX sucks @ss! What a big mistake I made! It's so underpowered, I can barely even merge onto the freeway! It looks a whole lot uglier than the Accord, too! (I don't know where you guys get off saying that the TSX is better looking... Don't you know that when it comes to looks, you have to go by FACTS, not OPINIONS? Whatever!) And what's with the extra 2 doors on the TSX, anyway? Where'd they come from? I don't remember seeing those during the test drive... Sheeite, man, I can't believe I paid all this extra money for 2 extra doors, when I should have paid for 2 extra cylinders!

Dude, all of you are nuts, flooz is right on.

Get with the program already- Dump your slow-@ss rattle-can 4-banger TSX's and buy an Accord! Then you can create a www.honda-accord.com forum and ignore all these lame ignorant TSX owners once and for all!

Accords RULE4EVER!
Accords RULE4EVER!
Accords RULE4EVER!

(Unfortunately for me, I can't afford to dump my TSX, so I'll just keep it thank you very much.)
Old 10-04-2003 | 01:39 PM
Racer

The TSX sucks @ss! What a big mistake I made! It's so underpowered, I can barely even merge onto the freeway!
I got that impression on my very first test drive. How did it take you a purchase to find this out?

Maybe perhaps, you are not letting the engine rev up to 8000 rpm?
Old 10-04-2003 | 02:17 PM
Racer

One thing I have noticed and that definately turned me away from the Acura TSX is the owners. All the owners of a TSX seem to think that there car is the best out there, and there is nothing out there that is better.
That's funny, because I have been a member of this community since before the car was even out and I haven't really gotten that impression. Most people here are well aware that the car is no rocket ship and they got it for other reasons and are down to earth folks for the most part. It looks good, it handles good, it has a nice interior, etc. It runs right with a 325 / A4 for thousands less and will be much more reliable also.

This is understandable because you care for your car very much, but to think that your car is an overall better car than the accord is just in sane.
And the Accord owners that I know of on another site who think their cars are God's latest gift to the world are equally insane. Just like there are good and bad things about your Accord, there are also good and bad things about the TSX. Align your preferences and priorities with the proper car and cut a check. I would buy a TSX before I would buy the new Accord. Your Accord is by no means "superior" to the TSX. There are things that the TSX does well that the Accord does not, just as there are things that the Accord does well that the TSX does not.

You talk about the twisties and so fourth yet the TSX wouldn't even be able to keep it's rev happy engine up with the Accord, much less the 6 speed.
Wrong. Watch the VTEC.net videos. The TSX had no problems whatsoever keeping up with your 6speed Accord because the TSX simply handles BETTER. The only area where the TSX lost ground was in the few straights. The automatic Accord? puuuhhhleeeaze That thing handles and brakes like a big boat and would not have a chance against a TSX in the twisties without some major handling upgrades. It doesn't even have a manumatic control on the automatic either which means you'll have much less control.

As for rev-happy. Your Accord and the TSX both have the same problem. Peak power is made too close to redline and there aren't enough revs to play with to extract full potential out of the engine. As a result, there are very large drops in acceleration when going into the next gear. Both of them need about 500 revs more. So which one are you, the pot or the kettle?

I own a 6 speed accord now and I have met up with a few TSX owners and they wouldn't even try me. I'm not a racer, but I will put someone in there place if I have too.

Stop thinking your invincible because your not.
Good advice to yourself. Your mighty 6 speed accord is not invincible either.

The TSX is a underpowered, overpriced car and i'm definately glad I did not purchase one. NUFF SAID.
I'm glad you feel that way. Now run along to whatever Accord site you're a member of and make a hypocrite out of yourself by talking about how badazz and invincible your car is when it's not.
Old 10-04-2003 | 03:02 PM
Advanced

I never said my car was invincble but the time that I was on this forum interested in a TSX, it seems all the members put down every other car. I test drove both the TSX and the Accord 2 door, and I felt the 2 door was a much better quality. I couldn't get over how underpowered the TSX was.

You all make good points as the car does have pros and cons just as the Accord does, but my point is that those on this forum seem to think that the TSX is the almighty god of all cars. I believe I read somewhere that the TSX is the best value under 80 grand? I dont know if it was here or another forum but it's just a joke to even read something like that, and who do you think it was that posted it? A TSX OWNER!

Everyone has a certain passion towards there car and that is fine, but to think you are superior to others is just obserd.

After test driving both cars, the following were my pros and cons of the TSX:

Pros: Responsive engine, nice interior room, interior was very clean and nice and seats were very comfortable

Cons: Underpowered (for what i'm looking for), the back end is hideous IMO, and nearest Acura dealership was 75 miles away.

Accord 2003 6spd Coupe

Pros: Great engine, very crisp shifting, seats were very comfortable yet supportive, interior controls were very lux, compartments everywhere

Cons: The front end had to grow on me... THATS IT!

I was not out to knock all TSX owners becasue there are some of you who seem to think there are other cars out there that are of equal/better value then your TSX, but when saying that you'll beat me in the twisties... I come at you with this:

I DIDNT PURCHASE MY CAR TO GO AUTOCROSSING! If you purchased your TSX to do this, then I feel really bad for you.
Old 10-04-2003 | 03:16 PM
Porn Connoisseur

I admit the TSX is somewhat underpowered though. Thats where i think Honda screwed up in making it only 200hp.
But then again im thinking that there will be alot of untapped power in the engine in the TSX as the head engineer in HONDA in an interview said that it was his all time favorite engine.
There has to be a reason behind this and maybe someone will figure out something that will tap into this unfound power(ECU???hondata??) Or maybe im being too optimistic.
AKay
Old 10-04-2003 | 04:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Just a stupid question here. What are all these people that own other cars and brands doing on here anyway? Don't you like the Accord sites? The Saab sites? When I owned an F150 pickup I was on the F150 boards, not the Dodge or Chevy boards. Quit clogging up the boards with the bullshit. We're obviously biased as can be about our TSX's. Here's an idea. GET YOUR OWN SITE FOCKERS.
Old 10-04-2003 | 04:34 PM
Racer

Everyone has a certain passion towards there car and that is fine, but to think you are superior to others is just obserd.
Yes I agree.

but to think that your car is an overall better car than the accord is just in sane.
Old 10-04-2003 | 04:41 PM
Advanced

SteVTEC, aren't you the one that drives a Maxima anyways?
Old 10-04-2003 | 07:30 PM
such a dirty birdy

Originally posted by XPLORx4
(Unfortunately for me, I can't afford to dump my TSX, so I'll just keep it thank you very much.)
Excellent post, EXPLORx4! Does your cheek hurt when you jam your tongue in real hard like that?
Old 10-04-2003 | 07:32 PM
Not an Ashtray

Wrong asswipe i own a fully loaded 2003 accord coupe with navi and it was 27 grand out the door!

You're lying Adam. You're not tall enought to see over the wheel in a car to drive. I'm sure that growth spurt will kick in any day now, and they your acne will go away as well.
Old 10-04-2003 | 07:37 PM
such a dirty birdy

You all make good points as the car does have pros and cons just as the Accord does, but my point is that those on this forum seem to think that the TSX is the almighty god of all cars. I believe I read somewhere that the TSX is the best value under 80 grand? I dont know if it was here or another forum but it's just a joke to even read something like that, and who do you think it was that posted it? A TSX OWNER!
I think you're mis-reading the jist of the 80 grand thread (both of them...) but the upshot is that yes, this is a TSX enthusiast site. A big part of what goes on at any car enthusiast site is a lot of mutual back-slapping and congratulating each other on what a great car we all chose. You just need to take it in context a bit. I think most of us here made our purchase with a lot of thought and consideration, are pretty realistic about what we bought, and aren't raving TSX fanboy lunatics. There's probably a few of those too, but they certainly don't set the tone for the site in general.
Old 10-04-2003 | 07:44 PM
such a dirty birdy

Hey look everyone, I've been called an asswipe by floozy! I really feel like I belong now.
Old 10-04-2003 | 10:15 PM
Racer

... I test drove both the TSX and the Accord 2 door, and I felt the 2 door was a much better quality. I couldn't get over how underpowered the TSX was...Underpowered (for what i'm looking for), the back end is hideous IMO...and nearest Acura dealership was 75 miles away... (EX V6) interior controls were very lux
I drove an EX V6 coupe (Auto) right after driving the TSX, which I bought the next day. Here's what I noticed:

- Accord quality was NOT as good as TSX. There are seams in the Accord dash (it's not one piece) that go all the way from the front to the windshield. That's cheap guy! The door pockets are made of a crappier plastic that felt flimsy. There are more examples (even the interiors share some of the same materials) but I'll leave it at that.

- The difference in power is not that big a deal. What are we talking about, 1/2 second or so from 0-60? So what? The kid with the souped up 10-year-old Thunderbird that rolls up alongside you will be kicking YOUR a$$ at the next light! What I did notice is, the V-6 in the Accord was a LOT was a lot more raucus (hope I spelled that right) than the TSX's motor and it didn't all sound good...The Accord V6 engine definitely had moxy but it felt rough!

- The back end of the TSX is VERY attractive, IMO. I wouldn't call ANY angle/side of the new Accord, even the coupe, particularly attractive. Even the not-so-ugly coupe is also not really all that stellar looking. You have to WANT to like the coupe to really like it. That's too much work! Why can't it just grap me and put a smile on my face, like the TSX does!

- I absolutely HATED the brushed silver look on all the center compartment console doors (the equivalent of TSX compartments for CD's etc). The entire doors are covered with this material. I thought it looked too cheap/trendy.

- I don't remember seeing any "lux" controls in the Accord. You have got to be kidding, right?

By comparison, the TSX engine felt like a turbine, always smooth and powerful and made the right sounds. I came into the test drive skeptical but was quickly impressed by the TSX engine's punch. I liked the interior but I really fell in love with the exterior. It looks TIGHT!

Accords are still wonderful cars for the money, even underneath all that ugly sheetmetal. I know because I've owned 2 of them in the past (a 88 coupe and a 94 sedan, both are still running fine for their current owners, each of whom I know/keep in touch with). But the TSX is a much more fun and, in my opinion, much better car. There's no comparison.

Old 10-04-2003 | 10:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by SteVTEC
I'm way OT, I know....... but this smiley is great!

Can we have this mods?
Old 10-04-2003 | 10:45 PM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

i thought u owned a 1988 FORD

http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/show...ght=adam+fiooz

Quick Reply: tsx vs accord