tsx vs accord

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2003 | 11:29 PM
Racer

I certainly would not be surprised if that were true with such mature replies such as "asswipe" and

A Ford Tempo/Topaz......
Old 10-04-2003 | 11:47 PM
Burning Brakes

The Accord's K24 engine is 160HP and underrated at that according to testing reported on vtec.net.

I take the broader global view that the TSX is an Accord since its core underpinnings, chassis, very same body except trim pieces and labels, and many many components are from the Japanese Domestic Market and European Market Honda Accord. Accords are available in many derivatives or variations around the world to suit various conditions and regulations. The TSX is a refinement of some of the higher-end JDM and Euro Market Accords, and Honda of America (and Canada) _simply_ choose to put Acura labels onto the North American version of the JDM-Euro Market Accord. We get 17" wheels, a different dash, an iVTEC 200HP engine, and on and on.

It puzzles me how some people take offense to the TSX's very strong association with and origins of the JDM-Euro Accord. I guess there's a marketing stigma of un-coolness about the common and popular Honda Accord. We've heard people on this forum remark at what fine cars Acura makes, but in fact it's Honda Motor Company that makes them on the same assembly line as Hondas.

Had Honda of America decided to take the same spec car as the TSX but _instead_ had decided to call it a Honda Euro Accord (or anything), would it have made any difference? For starters, the warranty would prolly have been the shorter 3 year 36,000 mile one that Honda-labeled cars have.
Old 10-05-2003 | 12:02 AM
such a dirty birdy

Originally posted by Brad
It puzzles me how some people take offense to the TSX's very strong association with and origins of the JDM-Euro Accord.
. . .
Had Honda of America decided to take the same spec car as the TSX but _instead_ had decided to call it a Honda Euro Accord (or anything), would it have made any difference?
Good point. Not for me. As a current Accord owner, I find the TSX-Accord association to be a positive attribute of the car. If Honda sold a 6spd Accord sedan, I might even have been able to get past the lame rear styling and bought one. I tend to think of the TSX as the Accord that Honda wouldn't sell me. So they sell it with an Acura badge. Fine, doesn't really matter. "It's a Honda" is a good thing in my books. There's a few things like the warranty and possibly better dealer service that come with the Acura name, but those aren't that critical.
Old 10-05-2003 | 12:50 AM
7th Gear

LOL!! this thread is funny!! haha!!
TSX is a great car!! Yes accord have a more powerful engine.. but not everyone its into its look and v6... and TSX have other features like HID, 17" rim etc. And if you take a look at under car inspection of the comparason between Accord and TSX at Vtec.net you will find that TSX had a more detailed design. Not saying that Accord is cheap.. but just showing you where those extra money you pay for TSX is spend on. IMO, they are both great car. If you are looking for Value, Family car. Go for TSX if you want a more luxury and a car that have a little statement.

jdibella: i find it funny you actaully choose the car because of the "OTHER" drivers. Oh yeah, of course you should expect ppl to stand up for their car, when you are at their car's site. If you go to an accord site and post "Accord sux, TSX own it" you'll prolly get flamed too!! So wake up!! Start posting at an accord site, MAYBE they will like to have you around.

By the way, I don't think other cars sux! It just happen that i love TSX the most out of them! I also think IS300, G35 is great cars.
Old 10-05-2003 | 12:57 AM
Not an Ashtray

Originally posted by Brad
The Accord's K24 engine is 160HP and underrated at that according to testing reported on vtec.net.

I take the broader global view that the TSX is an Accord since its core underpinnings, chassis, very same body except trim pieces and labels, and many many components are from the Japanese Domestic Market and European Market Honda Accord. Accords are available in many derivatives or variations around the world to suit various conditions and regulations. The TSX is a refinement of some of the higher-end JDM and Euro Market Accords, and Honda of America (and Canada) _simply_ choose to put Acura labels onto the North American version of the JDM-Euro Market Accord. We get 17" wheels, a different dash, an iVTEC 200HP engine, and on and on.

It puzzles me how some people take offense to the TSX's very strong association with and origins of the JDM-Euro Accord. I guess there's a marketing stigma of un-coolness about the common and popular Honda Accord. We've heard people on this forum remark at what fine cars Acura makes, but in fact it's Honda Motor Company that makes them on the same assembly line as Hondas.

Had Honda of America decided to take the same spec car as the TSX but _instead_ had decided to call it a Honda Euro Accord (or anything), would it have made any difference? For starters, the warranty would prolly have been the shorter 3 year 36,000 mile one that Honda-labeled cars have.
I don't take offense at the association between the TSX and the Accord and I did look at the Accord closely when I shop. I've had two of them in the past, so it should be no suprise that I am an "Accord fan." My only point on the comparison is I do prefer the better looks, more features, and better handling of the TSX. I can't fault somebody who chooses an Accord however.

The only time I feel defensive about the connection between the two vehicles is when some BMW owner tells me I am ONLY driving a modified Accord. I sometimes feel a bit defensive about it then, because the TSX is a lot more than "just" a family car (even though I think some family cars, like the Accord and Passat, could give a lot of upscale cars a run for their money).
Old 10-05-2003 | 12:58 AM
Not an Ashtray

Originally posted by jdibella
I

I DIDNT PURCHASE MY CAR TO GO AUTOCROSSING! If you purchased your TSX to do this, then I feel really bad for you.
And who died and made you king? WHat if we all did purchase our cars to go autocrossing? What would that be any of your buisness?

Honestly dude, you really do need to get over yourself.
Old 10-05-2003 | 08:41 AM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Originally posted by darth62
And who died and made you king? WHat if we all did purchase our cars to go autocrossing? What would that be any of your buisness?

Honestly dude, you really do need to get over yourself.

lol
Old 10-05-2003 | 12:36 PM

Originally posted by XPLORx4
I cross-shopped the Accord before I decided on buying the TSX, and you know what? The TSX sucks @ss! What a big mistake I made! It's so underpowered, I can barely even merge onto the freeway! It looks a whole lot uglier than the Accord, too! (I don't know where you guys get off saying that the TSX is better looking... Don't you know that when it comes to looks, you have to go by FACTS, not OPINIONS? Whatever!) And what's with the extra 2 doors on the TSX, anyway? Where'd they come from? I don't remember seeing those during the test drive... Sheeite, man, I can't believe I paid all this extra money for 2 extra doors, when I should have paid for 2 extra cylinders!

Dude, all of you are nuts, flooz is right on.

Get with the program already- Dump your slow-@ss rattle-can 4-banger TSX's and buy an Accord! Then you can create a www.honda-accord.com forum and ignore all these lame ignorant TSX owners once and for all!

Accords RULE4EVER!
Accords RULE4EVER!
Accords RULE4EVER!

(Unfortunately for me, I can't afford to dump my TSX, so I'll just keep it thank you very much.)
lol dude dont be so hard on your tsx its a really nice car just put some work into the engine.
Old 10-05-2003 | 06:53 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by tsx-mdxman
[B]I drove an EX V6 coupe (Auto) right after driving the TSX, which I bought the next day. Here's what I noticed:

- Accord quality was NOT as good as TSX. There are seams in the Accord dash (it's not one piece) that go all the way from the front to the windshield. That's cheap guy! The door pockets are made of a crappier plastic that felt flimsy. There are more examples (even the interiors share some of the same materials) but I'll leave it at that.

- The difference in power is not that big a deal. What are we talking about, 1/2 second or so from 0-60? So what? The kid with the souped up 10-year-old Thunderbird that rolls up alongside you will be kicking YOUR a$$ at the next light! What I did notice is, the V-6 in the Accord was a LOT was a lot more raucus (hope I spelled that right) than the TSX's motor and it didn't all sound good...The Accord V6 engine definitely had moxy but it felt rough!

- The back end of the TSX is VERY attractive, IMO. I wouldn't call ANY angle/side of the new Accord, even the coupe, particularly attractive. Even the not-so-ugly coupe is also not really all that stellar looking. You have to WANT to like the coupe to really like it. That's too much work! Why can't it just grap me and put a smile on my face, like the TSX does!

- I absolutely HATED the brushed silver look on all the center compartment console doors (the equivalent of TSX compartments for CD's etc). The entire doors are covered with this material. I thought it looked too cheap/trendy.

- I don't remember seeing any "lux" controls in the Accord. You have got to be kidding, right?

By comparison, the TSX engine felt like a turbine, always smooth and powerful and made the right sounds. I came into the test drive skeptical but was quickly impressed by the TSX engine's punch. I liked the interior but I really fell in love with the exterior. It looks TIGHT!

Accords are still wonderful cars for the money, even underneath all that ugly sheetmetal. I know because I've owned 2 of them in the past (a 88 coupe and a 94 sedan, both are still running fine for their current owners, each of whom I know/keep in touch with). But the TSX is a much more fun and, in my opinion, much better car. There's no comparison.

Keep telling your self that.
Old 10-05-2003 | 07:09 PM
B A N N E D

One thing I have noticed and that definately turned me away from the Acura TSX is the owners. All the owners of a TSX seem to think that there car is the best out there, and there is nothing out there that is better. This is understandable because you care for your car very much, but to think that your car is an overall better car than the accord is just in sane. You talk about the twisties and so fourth yet the TSX wouldn't even be able to keep it's rev happy engine up with the Accord, much less the 6 speed. I own a 6 speed accord now and I have met up with a few TSX owners and they wouldn't even try me. I'm not a racer, but I will put someone in there place if I have too.

The moral of this post is simple:

Stop thinking your invincible because your not. The TSX is a underpowered, overpriced car and i'm definately glad I did not purchase one. NUFF SAID.
who gives a fuck..get the fuck out of here...who cares if your accord will piss on our tsx...look at it..its busted ugly..and everyone and their mother has one. at least the tsx is appealing in style...oh no..so your accord is alot faster..yeah..well put an accord next to tsx anyday, and i guarantee nobody would look twice at your car.
loser. not to mention the accord has 40 more horsepower than the tsx..
stfu and gtfo
Old 10-05-2003 | 08:00 PM
Racer

Originally posted by adam fiooz
Keep telling your self that (TSX is more fun, etc, than Accord)...[/B]
Okay, I will!
Old 10-05-2003 | 09:03 PM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Originally posted by 925tsx
who gives a fuck..get the fuck out of here...who cares if your accord will piss on our tsx...look at it..its busted ugly..and everyone and their mother has one. at least the tsx is appealing in style...oh no..so your accord is alot faster..yeah..well put an accord next to tsx anyday, and i guarantee nobody would look twice at your car.
loser. not to mention the accord has 40 more horsepower than the tsx..
stfu and gtfo
NUFF SAID!!
Old 10-05-2003 | 09:28 PM
Houston we have a problem

but when saying that you'll beat me in the twisties... I come at you with this:

I DIDNT PURCHASE MY CAR TO GO AUTOCROSSING! If you purchased your TSX to do this, then I feel really bad for you.

Don't be, it's none of your business...

maybe a simple straight line is what you live for...have you learn how to turn your steering yet?
Old 10-05-2003 | 09:38 PM

Some simple minded people just can't seem to appreciate the handling prowess of TSX, maybe any other car that can handle well in corners, i.e. Mazda MPS. They don't know how much more engineering has to put into the car in order to make it handle a corner well.

They don't know what is an apex, what is understeer, what is oversteer, how to shift the weight onto the outer front wheel, and most likely, they don't know what the hell I am talking about now. That's okay. But then they started to talk about how their car perform on straight line, how will it kick ass, how fast have they driven on freeway. It's really entertaining to listen to these people making a fool out of themselves. Some of us know the truth, and we don't have to argue with these ignorant bunch, coz' they don't understand. They can't, because they can only think straight line.
Old 10-05-2003 | 10:08 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by adam fiooz
Your a moron go to any respected forum for any car and they talk about real pros and cons on cars .there not a bunch of fanboy faggits like most of you guys!
Well ... not that this is the only example ...

But tell me this ...

What good reason do I have NOT to ban you? Your personal attacks are pretty well founded at this point, and I find it hard to believe that EVERYONE on this forum is a "fanboy", but in fact most of us are open minded owners. Seems you have rubbed quite a few the wrong way ...

I guess I will give you a chance to explain, but I am not sure I understand your purpose on this forum other than to cause trouble and push controversy and provoke personal flame wars.

Am I wrong?
Old 10-05-2003 | 10:12 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TSXautoXer
[B]Some simple minded people just can't seem to appreciate the handling prowess of TSX, maybe any other car that can handle well in corners, i.e. Mazda MPS. They don't know how much more engineering has to put into the car in order to make it handle a corner well.

They don't know what is an apex, what is understeer, what is oversteer, how to shift the weight onto the outer front wheel, and most likely, they don't know what the hell I am talking about now. That's okay. But then they started to talk about how their car perform on straight line, how will it kick ass, how fast have they driven on freeway. It's really entertaining to listen to these people making a fool out of themselves. Some of us know the truth, and we don't have to argue with these ignorant bunch, coz' they don't understand. They can't, because they can only think straight line.

n1..Accord coupe lookes nicer then any tsx.

n2..For 300 bucks i can make my Accord handle better then any tsx.

n3..The Accord has less under and over steer then the tsx.
Old 10-05-2003 | 10:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

[QUOTE]Originally posted by adam fiooz
[B]
Originally posted by TSXautoXer

n3..The Accord has less under and over stear then the tsx.
Subjective of course.

Same $300 on the TSX and then ...

Oh boy ... did you see the vtec.net video with the guy on the TSX almost ramming the AV6 around the corners? Come on dude. I never thought I would see the day where the AV6 straight line advantage was tabled for a debate in handling with the TSX
Old 10-05-2003 | 10:17 PM

[B]
Originally posted by TSXautoXer

n3..The Accord has less under and over steer then the tsx.
I'll give you n1, that's your opinion. n2? Give me 300 bucks and I'll make my TSX handle better than yours. n3? LESS understeer? You've gotta be kidding me. You said it as if none of us have tried it out already. I'll give you the "less over" bit.
Old 10-05-2003 | 10:17 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by provench
[B]Well ... not that this is the only example ...

But tell me this ...

What good reason do I have NOT to ban you? Your personal attacks are pretty well founded at this point, and I find it hard to believe that EVERYONE on this forum is a "fanboy", but in fact most of us are open minded owners. Seems you have rubbed quite a few the wrong way ...

I guess I will give you a chance to explain, but I am not sure I understand your purpose on this forum other than to cause trouble and push controversy and provoke personal flame wars.

Am I wrong?

N1..Im not makeing any personal attacks on anyone.

N2..Could careless if you bann me.my points have all been made already.

Old 10-05-2003 | 10:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

[B]
Originally posted by provench

N1..Im not makeing any personal attacks on anyone.

N2..Could careless if you bann me.my points have all been made already.

#1 Wrong ... I did my homework
#2 Right ... ok then ... bye.
Old 10-05-2003 | 10:30 PM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Finally! It's about time you banned the loser
Old 10-05-2003 | 11:14 PM
Burning Brakes

That's a solid move Prov...Congrats on the spankin you applied in the Fantasy League also. The Accord Coupe is a nice car, the looks are another story. I looked at it at least 20 times from every angle possible. I honestly could not find one that looked good. The TSX is a superior car albeit a tad slower in a straight line. I can live with that. I'll take my Badass lookin TSX over the slightly faster and much uglier Accord anyday.
Old 10-06-2003 | 01:13 AM
Banned

lol The one guy that made you guys look foolish you bann?what a joke!
Old 10-06-2003 | 01:22 AM

Originally posted by fiooz
lol The one guy that made you guys look foolish you bann?what a joke!
Yeah yeah, your Accord V6 is better. I'll race yours on straight OR twisties with a Maxima 6MT, which I think is a better car than Accord.
Old 10-06-2003 | 02:29 AM
Not an Ashtray

Who cares what Adam thinks? We should all just ignore him. He is a lonely 15-YO kid who gets his kicks by coming here trying to start flame wars. If we all refuse to respond, he'll get bored and move on to some other website.
Old 10-06-2003 | 08:56 AM
Instructor

New TSX owner here (taking delivery tomorrow). Drove the Accord V6 - it felt like "my father's Oldsmobile" by comparisson... I'll agree that the Accord is an intelligent choice - likely always will be - but it's no sports sedan.

All the Accord supporters out there that think the it handles well haven't driven it close enough to the limit to understand the difference between the two cars. TSX is much flatter, firmer and precise in cornering and is more responsive overall - I've scared the shit out of enough sales people on test drives to know the difference.

But, while this is an interesting thread, at the end of the day I bought the TSX because I like it better and it better conforms to what I value in a car than the Accord. People that chose the Accord, and stand by there choice, made a good choice for them - but they value different things. Had I bought an Accord, I would have been among the numbers that wish they had chosen a TSX...

Thank you, and have a nice day...
Old 10-06-2003 | 12:51 PM
Banned

Now spud did you drive the v6 coupe or the sedan?The sedan is nothing like the coupe.
Old 10-06-2003 | 02:07 PM
B A N N E D

flooz who cares... acura tsx > honda accord..ive previously owned three accords. i wont count the one because it was only for a few months..but i had a 97 ex coupe and a 01 sedan..also one of my friends has the accord coupe. it is very much inferior to the tsx..the only thing that the accord has on the acura is the extra 40hp..nothing else. it is totally inferior in styling. smaller rims, no hid's etc..etc.who cares that you have an accord..go to an accord forum...like i said before everyperson and their mother has an accord..how does it feel to drive a car that you see 60 year old people driving. not only is the accord old,, but like i said before they are everywhere, so when someone sees you in your accord..big deal..its another accord.when they see the tsx..they look twice and say..wow..what a nice car. take your accord and gtfo
Old 10-06-2003 | 02:56 PM
Banned

Originally posted by 925tsx
flooz who cares... acura tsx > honda accord..ive previously owned three accords. i wont count the one because it was only for a few months..but i had a 97 ex coupe and a 01 sedan..also one of my friends has the accord coupe. it is very much inferior to the tsx..the only thing that the accord has on the acura is the extra 40hp..nothing else. it is totally inferior in styling. smaller rims, no hid's etc..etc.who cares that you have an accord..go to an accord forum...like i said before everyperson and their mother has an accord..how does it feel to drive a car that you see 60 year old people driving. not only is the accord old,, but like i said before they are everywhere, so when someone sees you in your accord..big deal..its another accord.when they see the tsx..they look twice and say..wow..what a nice car. take your accord and gtfo
Another moron lol Accord coupe v6 comes with the same size rims first of all.second its not just 40 more horsepower its a v6 and it owns that rattle box called a tsx!
Old 10-06-2003 | 03:20 PM
B A N N E D

yea great...your awesome dude.. quite possibly the coolest kid on earth cuz you drive an accord.
the twisties own you.
us tsx'ers own the twisties.
peace fag..i refuse to comment on any more of you lame, worthless, pos posts. take your accord back to the dealer and step up a level and purchase an Ack
Old 10-06-2003 | 09:04 PM
04 remembrance

Why even compare these two cars??
Old 10-06-2003 | 11:27 PM
such a dirty birdy

Yeah, we should be comparing the TSX to the Corvette. No wait, Skull One did that for us already...

Anyway, I sold my Accord over the weekend, so I don't have to be loyal any more. I'm switching to the "Accord sux" camp now.

The TSX is invincible!
Old 10-07-2003 | 05:45 AM
Racer

The TSX is invincible!
Wait....lookie here....I might just have something that would take care of that....Kryptonite!
Old 10-28-2003 | 08:47 AM

Originally posted by provench
...#2 Right ... ok then ... bye.

good move!
Old 10-28-2003 | 07:48 PM
Advanced

Jdibella,

why are you a TSX member when you drive a "such a fine vehicle called accord" ?
Old 10-29-2003 | 04:20 PM
Advanced

Gad, there are some wacky posts on this thread. Geez, ease up, folks! As for the accord vs. tsx debate, I owned a '93 accord for 240,000 miles sold it and it's still going at 300K, so it was and is a great car. i even was in a big accident and rollover in it, and drove it away both times; never had a problem with it. However, my mother-in-law just got a new accord: first of all, what the hell did they do to the head and leg room for the driver??? I had to move it one day and I couldn't believe how cramped it was. Second, how anyone could like the styling on that car is beyond me. I thought the early '90's had nice, classic lines that flowed, sort of like the Vigor - after I had it for 6 years, there were people who approached me asking if it was for sale, but since the early-mid-'90s the thing has gotten more hideous looking, particularly the back end - ugh - and what is it with the hood? Looks like the shell of a turtle. Obviously, this is all taste, but that's my opinion on the subject. I like the TSX a lot more than the Accord which is why I was willing to pay more for it. I recognize it's not the greatest thing since sliced bread, but I enjoy it a lot and it gets a lot of positive comments and looks from strangers. Those who have ridden with me have also had a lot of positive feedback about the interior. Another thing I've never been able to understand: who the hell at Honda decided to put out a 6 cylinder withOUT the option of a manual tranny? That's insane, but that's the way it's been. I just dont' get it.
Old 10-29-2003 | 04:53 PM
Advanced

Also, as for the styling of the Accord coupe, it's way better than the sedan (which is butt-ugly, particularly the butt part) but pretty bland and does not have an aggressive "stance" at all. Reminds me of a "cheap-looking" version of the old Lexus coupe (I forget the model name).
Old 10-29-2003 | 06:27 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

Wow, too many post too read them all, too many affirmative opions.

I love them both, the TSX (Euro-Accord) is definately more sporty feeling but it was tuned that way for our market. I'm totally a huge k-series fan, just the design of the entire family is Awesome.

Much of the USDM sedans looks actually came from wind tunnel testing to reduce drag, kinda a form loves function thing, the front fenders are shaped to reduce wind noise over the windows when open.

The Accord V6 is so smooth at highway speeds and the car is so quite around town. It's the best car I've ever experienced for trucking a full car load around. So comfy--so smooth.

The Sedan USDM even in the last gen had a seat position issue, it sits farther up front, higher, and gives the driver less leg room.

The coupe is all about driver comfort, as is the TSX, the USDM sedan doesn't permit you to penalize the rear seat passenger legroom as much.

As for pricing, Load up a V6 Accord and compare it to a TSX and the price is very simaliar. I can't see how one is a better bang for the buck. We don't get an LX or SE TSX so it's unfair to say its over priced or lacking a bang for the buck.

The Accord Coupe V6 is like the 69 Camaro SS 396 of the family the TSX is like the 69 Camaro Z28 302. Both cars have the exact same DNA but clearly do different tasks, different options, and provide fun in different ways. One slams you in the seat, the other is a Rev bandit with a suspension package. I love them both!! But I'm an Accord freak
Old 10-29-2003 | 06:51 PM
Racer

Originally posted by MrChad
Wow, too many post too read them all, too many affirmative opions.

I love them both, the TSX (Euro-Accord) is definately more sporty feeling but it was tuned that way for our market. I'm totally a huge k-series fan, just the design of the entire family is Awesome.

Much of the USDM sedans looks actually came from wind tunnel testing to reduce drag, kinda a form loves function thing, the front fenders are shaped to reduce wind noise over the windows when open.

The Accord V6 is so smooth at highway speeds and the car is so quite around town. It's the best car I've ever experienced for trucking a full car load around. So comfy--so smooth.

The Sedan USDM even in the last gen had a seat position issue, it sits farther up front, higher, and gives the driver less leg room.

The coupe is all about driver comfort, as is the TSX, the USDM sedan doesn't permit you to penalize the rear seat passenger legroom as much.

As for pricing, Load up a V6 Accord and compare it to a TSX and the price is very simaliar. I can't see how one is a better bang for the buck. We don't get an LX or SE TSX so it's unfair to say its over priced or lacking a bang for the buck.

The Accord Coupe V6 is like the 69 Camaro SS 396 of the family the TSX is like the 69 Camaro Z28 302. Both cars have the exact same DNA but clearly do different tasks, different options, and provide fun in different ways. One slams you in the seat, the other is a Rev bandit with a suspension package. I love them both!! But I'm an Accord freak
That's a neat comparison, Mr. Chad!