"Easter Eggs"?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 10:11 AM
NBP/EBONY/6MT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Acurasrule
"On "non-Nav" TSX and Accords, holding the "AUTO" and "DUAL" buttons on the climate-control while starting the car will bring up an interface to some diagnostic features of the climate-control system.

This includes a few things like a digital display of the engine coolant temperature and other stuff.

My question is: Where can I find a guide that explains what each number means?

I've found out that #4 is the coolant temperature, but what about the rest? Does anyone know?"
Did anyone see if this works? I need to try this out..
Old 02-09-2007, 05:44 PM
I can't find my garage

for those who have xm, if u press and hold onto the audio button, u cane toggle through from viewing title and name.
Old 02-25-2007, 01:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Archie
Is there way to change climate control display from Fahrenheit to Celsius? Manual says nothing, dealer has no idea, maybe some kind of hidden features?
This has to do with the procedure mentioned early (in post #209)... of holding the Auto and Dual keys down and then starting the car.

On the drivers side of the display you can switch between 1 - 9 options, the most famous one being #4, which is coolant temperature. You cycle through the numbers using the rear defrost button.

Here is what the other numbers will do:

1 - In-car Temperature in Celsius
2 - Ambient Temperature in Celsius
3 - Solar Radiation sensor value: Dark = 00, Flashlight = 04, Cloudy = 10, Sunny = 65 (in Kcal/m2-h)
4 - Engine coolant temperature in Celsius
5 - Evaporature Outlet Temperature in Celsius
6 - Driver's Air Mix Opening (Low value indicates cooler air distribution, higher value indicates warmer air distribution) in % of opening
7 - Passenger's Air Mix Opening (Low value indicates cooler air distribution, higher value indicates warmer air distribution) in % of opening
8 - Vehicle Speed in km/h
9 - Vent Temperature Air Out (a.k.a TAO) in Celsius

NOTE: You will not have dual temperature zone capability while in the is mode. To cancel this mode, just press the Auto button or turn the ignition off.
Old 02-25-2007, 03:23 PM
Use all 3 Pedals at once

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Time to go try it!
Old 02-25-2007, 03:41 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by Bear Trap
It's just above the license plate, under the Acura symbol on the trunk. And the switch in the glove box does defeat the trunk release button. I found this out when I bought the car and got home, read the manual about the remote trunk release button and it wouldn't work. The owner's manual says nothing about the defeat/override switch in the glove box. I found a thread over on the dark side that explained this feature. This is so you can valet the car and no one can get in the trunk with the valet key if you flip the defeat/override switch and lock the glove box.
I've always wondered why the TSX has this, but the my TL doesnt?
Old 02-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by moda_way
This has to do with the procedure mentioned early (in post #209)... of holding the Auto and Dual keys down and then starting the car.

-snip-

NOTE: You will not have dual temperature zone capability while in the is mode. To cancel this mode, just press the Auto button or turn the ignition off.
On our cars, we still have dual zone capability. We are just unable to see the driver's side set temperature.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by aaronng
On our cars, we still have dual zone capability. We are just unable to see the driver's side set temperature.
Then it stands to reason that we do too, but I don't recall seeing our temp show up, just flashes between the menu number and its output.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:08 PM
TSX Navi AT 2007

I also know how to get around the immobilizer unit, but I will never post or talk about that either.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:19 PM
Driver/Detailer

Then it stands to reason that we do too, but I don't recall seeing our temp show up, just flashes between the menu number and its output.
Yeah, we can't see our driver's side temp either. But we use dials to set the temperature. The driver's side dial is a fixed-spin type, so the angle at which it points is always for a particular temperature. So it's easy to guess.

For the TSX, a way to get around it is to turn off "Dual", set your driver's side temperature according to what's displayed on the passenger side temperature display. After that, you then set the passenger side temperature ("Dual" button should light up).
Old 02-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by larchmont
I haven't tried it myself yet, but you CAN do it, supposedly, by sticking the key in the driver door lock, and turning it counter-clockwise TWICE -- i.e. turn it once, release it, then turn it again and hold; the windows will then go up as far as you want (they keep going up as long as you hold the key in that position, they stop going up if you release it before they're all the way up).

Aren't you glad you asked?
thats correct, or you could spend 50 bucks on the window up mod and you could roll your windows up with the remote
Old 02-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Race Director

Sometimes I wish the TSX had automatic folding side mirrors (OEM function of course) rather than someone doing a mod of it later.
Old 02-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
Sometimes I wish the TSX had automatic folding side mirrors (OEM function of course) rather than someone doing a mod of it later.

AGREED!!! that would be amazing for me seeing as i have to park at school around a bunch of idiots that dont know how to park or open their doors with out hitting cars, in fact just the other day i parked in an end spot (curb on the passenger side) then opened my door to get out then out of no where my friend came flying in to the spot next to me at like 20 mph and almost took my door off, i had to close it the fastest i have ever closed it!
Old 02-25-2007, 11:35 PM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by treez35
AGREED!!! that would be amazing for me seeing as i have to park at school around a bunch of idiots that dont know how to park or open their doors with out hitting cars, in fact just the other day i parked in an end spot (curb on the passenger side) then opened my door to get out then out of no where my friend came flying in to the spot next to me at like 20 mph and almost took my door off, i had to close it the fastest i have ever closed it!
Even if your mirrors folded up, it wouldn't protect your doors. Heck, mirrors out might even give some added protection!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Intermediate

On the drivers side of the display you can switch between 1 - 9 options, the most famous one being #4, which is coolant temperature. You cycle through the numbers using the rear defrost button.

Here is what the other numbers will do:

3 - Solar Radiation sensor value: Dark = 00, Flashlight = 04, Cloudy = 10, Sunny = 65 (in Kcal/m2-h)
6 - Driver's Air Mix Opening (Low value indicates cooler air distribution, higher value indicates warmer air distribution) in % of opening
7 - Passenger's Air Mix Opening (Low value indicates cooler air distribution, higher value indicates warmer air distribution) in % of opening

Thanks, will try!
Old 02-26-2007, 02:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by aaronng
Even if your mirrors folded up, it wouldn't protect your doors. Heck, mirrors out might even give some added protection!
well also many people mirrors have been taken out by idiots in that lot, i know that it wouldnt help my doors, that was just a story about how crazy the drivers are at my school
Old 02-26-2007, 03:28 PM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by treez35
well also many people mirrors have been taken out by idiots in that lot, i know that it wouldnt help my doors, that was just a story about how crazy the drivers are at my school
Hmm, if they parked close enough to take out your mirror, then they would be leaving a ding on your door as well (or you being left unable to get into your car though the driver's side door).
Old 02-26-2007, 05:20 PM
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=aaronng]Hmm, if they parked close enough to take out your mirror, then they would be leaving a ding on your door as well (or you being left unable to get into your car though the driver's side door).[/Q

usually when they hit them they realize they did it then go park somewhere else or back out then park further away (some kids are just freakin dumb here), my friends mirror got knocked off a few months back by a sophomore, the kid even had the nerve to stay parked that close to his car, you couldnt open the passenger door more than a few inches.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:44 AM
X spots the mark

This isn't 100% correct, I tried out a few of these modes last night and they don't work exactly as advertised, for example: (8 - Vehicle Speed in km/h) choosing this mode displays digits from 0-10 while driving, 00 while standing. So it is showing velocity but definately not in km/h, couldn't really figure out what it was calculating. If anyone wants to shed some light on that, don't be shy.
Old 02-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by whynot
This isn't 100% correct, I tried out a few of these modes last night and they don't work exactly as advertised, for example: (8 - Vehicle Speed in km/h) choosing this mode displays digits from 0-10 while driving, 00 while standing. So it is showing velocity but definately not in km/h, couldn't really figure out what it was calculating. If anyone wants to shed some light on that, don't be shy.
Well, maybe they changed it for different year vehicles. This info is straight from AllData, but I'll check a few other areas to see if it changed.

EDIT:
I can only confirm that info for the 04-05 model yrs. Nothing like this is listed for the 06-07 yrs.
Old 02-28-2007, 09:52 AM
X spots the mark

Well, maybe they changed it for different year vehicles. This info is straight from AllData, but I'll check a few other areas to see if it changed.

EDIT:
I can only confirm that info for the 04-05 model yrs. Nothing like this is listed for the 06-07 yrs.
yeah mine's an '06 maybe that's the problem
Old 02-28-2007, 12:59 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

I looked a couple days ago. For the 06, it displays the 10s digit. So, if you're going 0-9km/h, it'll show 00. Likewise for 10-19km/h showing 01, 20-29km/h showing 02, etc. Not really that useful.
Old 02-28-2007, 01:41 PM
X spots the mark

Originally Posted by swirlie
I looked a couple days ago. For the 06, it displays the 10s digit. So, if you're going 0-9km/h, it'll show 00. Likewise for 10-19km/h showing 01, 20-29km/h showing 02, etc. Not really that useful.
I thought that too but then I couldn't come up with a logical explanation for why anyone would want that.
Old 03-01-2007, 05:52 AM
Suzuka Master

I thought that too but then I couldn't come up with a logical explanation for why anyone would want that.
Okay, I checked mine on that setting and the instructions in AllData, as usual, are a little lite on content, but I'm getting that same info that swirlie is describing.

The only purpose is for diagnosis, not for our fun.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:56 AM
X spots the mark

Okay, I checked mine on that setting and the instructions in AllData, as usual, are a little lite on content, but I'm getting that same info that swirlie is describing.

The only purpose is for diagnosis, not for our fun.
I took another look at it last night and I think this is the data the computer uses to determine the speed of the fans that move air for the climate control system.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:01 AM
Suzuka Master

I took another look at it last night and I think this is the data the computer uses to determine the speed of the fans that move air for the climate control system.
That sounds correct based on the fact that it is a diagnosis process around the HVAC system. I listed another one, but you have to be able to decode the number shown. It is a fairly lengthy article in AllData.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:39 AM
Intermediate

Thanks, will try!
I can't make it work! I hold the Auto and Dual keys down and then start the car ..and nothing happens
Old 03-01-2007, 01:00 PM
X spots the mark

I can't make it work! I hold the Auto and Dual keys down and then start the car ..and nothing happens
you have to hold them down while the engine is turning over

p.s.
your lenin avatar is freaking me out
Old 03-02-2007, 10:21 AM
Intermediate

p.s.
your lenin avatar is freaking me out
why ?
Old 03-21-2007, 02:26 PM
TSX Navi AT 2007

Handsfree diagnostic mode

Tell me if I am wrong, but I don't recall reading about this in the forums and I didn't find this in the owner's manual, so here goes:

For the canadian 07 TSX edition:

Get a quick HandsFreeLink diagnostic by pressing the "HFL BACK" button for about 5 seconds, results:

You will see: "HandsFreeLink diagnostic mode" in the Multi Information Display, and you will hear this twice:
"Canadian handsfree system, is OK" and the statement repeated in japanese, (I think)

I don't know for other editions of the TSX ???
Old 03-21-2007, 10:47 PM
Registered Car Nut

I think I'm going to have to try that on my 2006, if only to hear this in Japanese!
Old 03-22-2007, 02:10 PM
TSX Navi AT 2007

Here's a feature about the MIST function of wipers that some of you may like:

Documented feature:
Push the right lever up:
The wipers run at high speed until you release the lever.

Undocumented feature:
Push and release immediately the lever:
The wipers will run at low speed (one pass).
Old 03-26-2007, 09:46 PM
TSX Navi AT 2007

Two more boring undocumented goodies for today :

Navi map ZOOM fine tuning: press and HOLD either ZOOM buttons (at least 5 secs), this will fine tune the zooming 3 steps finer, pay attention to the scale changing on lower left side of MAP.

Press and HOLD the JOYSTICK for 10 secs: will toggle the Navi Map in night or daytime mode.
Old 03-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Registered Car Nut

Originally Posted by ChrismanTSX
I think I'm going to have to try that on my 2006, if only to hear this in Japanese!
Yup! My car's talking to me in Japanese!
Old 03-27-2007, 03:09 AM
I can't find my garage

Originally Posted by ChrismanTSX
Yup! My car's talking to me in Japanese!
lol.yup! same here!
Old 03-30-2007, 01:40 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
I discovered the Japanese diagnostic the other day by accident, wierd. Also, I discovered that if you turn on side mirror defrost, the fan speed kicks up a notch and more airflow is directed towards the door glass. Not really noticeable unless you have volume completely down.
Old 04-21-2007, 11:31 PM
Connected

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Type X
the reason you can't AUTO up the windows from the keypad is if there is a child with their head out the window and you cant physically see the car "keypad"
you will kill the child or suffocate them
by using the key in the door "auto up" you are physically there so u can stop the function

Just an FYI
Resurrection: I'm glad someone pointed this out.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:17 PM
TSX Navi AT 2007

Here's something I've found out playing around with GPS...
how to identify the satellites detected by the GPS ...

- Press "Menu" - "Cancel" - "Setup" hard buttons together to enter the geeky menu
- press "GPS Information" to display satellites detected
- press the "Map/Guide" hard button to display each satellite's identity.

Old 04-27-2007, 10:14 PM
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by michelc
Two more boring undocumented goodies for today :

Navi map ZOOM fine tuning: press and HOLD either ZOOM buttons (at least 5 secs), this will fine tune the zooming 3 steps finer, pay attention to the scale changing on lower left side of MAP.

Press and HOLD the JOYSTICK for 10 secs: will toggle the Navi Map in night or daytime mode.
Do you let it go after 10 secs and it toggles between night and day, or does it toggles while you are pressing the joystick? I have not been able to toggle it.
Old 04-29-2007, 01:23 PM
TSX Navi AT 2007

Simple push the joystick IN, it will toggle while you are pressing it in less than 10secs, don't press it up, down, left or right. At least it works for the 07.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:40 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't know if this is documented or has been posted before, but I don't remember reading about this. I just reactivated XM radio, so I was trying to toggle what is displayed in the display above the radio (if anyone's doesn't know, you hold down the "Audio" key for 3 seconds and the display will toggle (name, title of song, etc)).

Anyway, what I discovered by accident is that if you hold the XM button down for 10 seconds, you'll hear a beep and the display above the radio turns off. Pretty good for drive-in theaters...

Quick Reply: "Easter Eggs"?