"Easter Eggs"?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2005, 10:51 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auto Windows Question

As mentioned several times in this thread, we can use the auto up/down feature with the key and or fob...

Has anyone figured-out how to ge the sunroof to work also?

The sunroof is part of the game on the TL...is there a harness or controller that can be added to the TSX?
Old 04-18-2005, 10:55 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Not sure if this one is in the manual but I kind of found it by accident. The instrument cluster can have two different brightness settings: one for when the lights are off and the other for when they are on....very nice.

To set the brightness for each mode, just adjust the brightness of the gauges when the lights are on and again when off. The computer will "remember" your settings for each mode.

First car I have ever had with that feature.
:troutslap

Sorry to hear about your previous cars Dr. I know this feature to have been standard on Honda vehicles as far back as my Dad's 1985 Accord..

- g
Old 04-18-2005, 11:10 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by MoFocker
ugh... It was a joke because whoever made the initial post, pointed out that theirs was a 5at. as if the radio or car is different and might have a specific method to keep the text on the screen than a 6mt.

i am however not joking about the button. but seriously, look behind your shifter and you will see it. let me know what color yours is.
My shifter stalk is just a metal rod. There's no button on it. Are you talking about the stalks on the stering wheel?
Old 04-18-2005, 08:09 PM
'05 TSX SSM/EB/AT/Nav

For everyone asking questions... try going to the site, downloading the program, and reading the readme first:

http://linuxkiddies.com/bysin/navi/

... just a thought...
Old 05-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hobbestec
When the navigation screen has the OK button with the warning on it, you can still hit the Info button to get to the trip computer, but the calendar and calculator are greyed out until you hit OK on the warning screen.
I know... resurrection...holy cow

Dude, thanks for this, I've been trying to figure out a way to see the calender while driving.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by go_bears
"discovered" this feature during a road trip from the bay area to san diego. if cruise control is on, you can increment your speed by 1 mph each time you click the "accelerate" button. the same goes with reducing speed with the "decelerate" button. i found it pretty convenient to slow down and speed up using this method. i guess i'm just anal about my speed when i'm on cruise control. i have to cruise at speeds divisible by 5.

Duh, what did you think the "accelerate" and "decelerate" buttons were for?

Really guys, just about every thing mentioned in this thread is right there in the manual.

An "easter egg", by definition, is an undocumented feature.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:36 PM
WAS HONDATAFIED IN

Originally Posted by jimby
Duh, what did you think the "accelerate" and "decelerate" buttons were for?

Really guys, just about every thing mentioned in this thread is right there in the manual.

An "easter egg", by definition, is an undocumented feature.
i don't think this is documented....................... i tested it out this weekend coming from indiana to chicago....... when you have the climet control on auto and then turn it off, there is the regular air coming in (i believe recirculation is off),the faster you go more air blows out of the vents............ how every if you 1. tilt sunroof, 2. open sunroof, or 3. open any window...............the vent blows more air, faster, like the vent speed was turned up
Old 05-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Former Audio Mod

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Interesting. My understanding is that if you have the climate control off there is no fan running and air just flows through the event by air pressure. Perhaps if the cabin is cracked the pressure isn't being released and air doesn't flow through as quickly as a result.
Old 05-24-2005, 11:21 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by NightHawk CL9
i don't think this is documented....................... i tested it out this weekend coming from indiana to chicago....... when you have the climet control on auto and then turn it off, there is the regular air coming in (i believe recirculation is off),the faster you go more air blows out of the vents............ how every if you 1. tilt sunroof, 2. open sunroof, or 3. open any window...............the vent blows more air, faster, like the vent speed was turned up

I think thats more about physics and air pressure that a planned featurfe. (kinda like how more air will come in through the open front door of your house when you open the back door).
Old 05-25-2005, 09:23 AM
Goldmember

Originally Posted by MoFocker
this is so outdated, but i feel the need to post this. maybe its my fault for skimming threads too much instead of reading, but ive spend the past 12 months of my life trying to get the radio to mute like you all have said. i have double clicked the steering wheel buttons and the knob, etc... ONLY to find out the other day that you were all talking in reference to when you JUST START THE CAR! ahhhhhhh! i thought i was going to go insaine trying to figure this out and the other day i accidentally slapped my hand against the knob when i was moving around after starting the car, and saw it muted. my mouth was on the floor for about 10 minutes...
Like the cartoon guy on the Guiness commercials say, "That's brilliant!" I was getting annoyed at the lack of mute function too but that works!
Old 05-25-2005, 10:38 AM
OG

Received 162 Likes on 100 Posts
Originally Posted by jumpman23
As mentioned several times in this thread, we can use the auto up/down feature with the key and or fob...

Has anyone figured-out how to ge the sunroof to work also?

The sunroof is part of the game on the TL...is there a harness or controller that can be added to the TSX?

the reason you can't AUTO up the windows from the keypad is if there is a child with their head out the window and you cant physically see the car "keypad"
you will kill the child or suffocate them
by using the key in the door "auto up" you are physically there so u can stop the function

Just an FYI
Old 05-25-2005, 03:50 PM
WAS HONDATAFIED IN

Originally Posted by Mr.Fiddizzle
I think thats more about physics and air pressure that a planned featurfe. (kinda like how more air will come in through the open front door of your house when you open the back door).
i don't know, the moment i cracked any window, or sunroof it picked up the speed instantly. i don't think that it is all about pressure, however i did do it at 65-75 mph so that might have a bit to do about it, but there is a real difference. i think that the fan speed is risen once its cracked, can anyone else confirm this.......
Old 05-30-2005, 10:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by NightHawk CL9
i don't know, the moment i cracked any window, or sunroof it picked up the speed instantly. i don't think that it is all about pressure, however i did do it at 65-75 mph so that might have a bit to do about it, but there is a real difference. i think that the fan speed is risen once its cracked, can anyone else confirm this.......
Mr. Fiddizle is right. Think about the front door/back door thing.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:03 PM
Intermediate

i concur

i use the sunroof to let my a/c flow at a perfect rate....(press the middle button on the sunrood "thing" not too cold not too warm)....its like a beer can bong....ya know when you make a hole in the bottom of a beer can then pop the top....makes the beer flow FAST...this is so keep circulation in the car...
Old 06-26-2005, 10:57 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Horn honk

If you press the "lock" button on your key fob twice when locking the doors, the horn will honk to let you know the car is locked.
Old 06-27-2005, 12:49 AM
'05 TSX SSM/EB/AT/Nav

Originally Posted by peter_bigblock
If you press the "lock" button on your key fob twice when locking the doors, the horn will honk to let you know the car is locked.
Or if it's an '05 it will beep rather than honk.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:14 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
And tonight we're gonna party like its 2003
Old 06-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mega
Or if it's an '05 it will beep rather than honk.
That beep is x1000 better than a honk.. I hated the weak asthmatic sound of the honk from a Jetta security system..

- g
Old 06-27-2005, 05:39 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Not me, I much prefer a honk to a beep -- I guess it's personal preference.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:01 AM
Racer

Well, I can tell you my friend has the 04 TSX and I have the 05. His is the regular horn sound, just liek my previous car Honda Accord. The horn sound is very loud. When I get home late at night do I really want to walk in front of my car and arm the alarm? It's very annoying IMO. The 05 beep sound is low and just enough to let you know it's on.
Old 06-28-2005, 11:06 AM
Quattro in.....

On the 04 TSX one press silently arms the car light flash only, two presses will confirm via the "honk".
Old 06-28-2005, 11:08 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Viking
On the 04 TSX one press silently arms the car light flash only, two presses will confirm via the "honk".
one press - doors lock, alarm arms in 30 sec.
two presses - doors lock, alarm arms
Old 06-29-2005, 08:18 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by jlukja
one press - doors lock, alarm arms in 30 sec.
two presses - doors lock, alarm arms
That's what I don't understand. Why do you need to manually arm the alarm, if it does it automatically?
Old 06-29-2005, 08:37 AM
i want my nuku nuku futon

Originally Posted by CSpaR
That's what I don't understand. Why do you need to manually arm the alarm, if it does it automatically?
cuz somebody might steal ur car within 30s? lol
Old 06-29-2005, 08:42 AM
My Garage

I believe its more of confirmation that the doors are locked, than a confimation that the alarm is armed
Old 06-29-2005, 09:14 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Its the "cool factor". I mean, who doesn't get out of their car, shut the door, then point the FOB at the car and double-click to make the horn go off? It draws attention to you and lets everyone within 50 yard radius know that you have a cool car with an alarm.
Old 06-29-2005, 05:04 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Totally agree, that's probably 75% of why I do it -- cool factor. To your point about arming the car in the middle of the night in your garage, that may be an argument for a softly-beeping horn but my guess is most people want their horn to be a horn, as in get out of my way. The louder and more dissonant, the better. IMO.
Old 06-30-2005, 01:55 AM
'05 TSX SSM/EB/AT/Nav

Totally agree, that's probably 75% of why I do it -- cool factor. To your point about arming the car in the middle of the night in your garage, that may be an argument for a softly-beeping horn but my guess is most people want their horn to be a horn, as in get out of my way. The louder and more dissonant, the better. IMO.
To be clear, the '05 horn is just as loud as the '04 horn. When arming the alarm, it's a totally different sound... the horn does not produce it. It's an electronic sounding beep.
Old 06-30-2005, 09:02 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Old 07-14-2005, 01:09 PM
Instructor

I have to agree with the RTFM crowd. I spend a long time reading through all of this hoping to learn something that wasn't in the manual, but nearly ever thing mentioned here is in my manual. Is the 2005 manual that much better than the 2004 manual or something?

As for the arming/locking (whichever its meant to indicate!) beep thing, I think the beep is so much nicer than the traditional quick blast of the horn. Much more refined.
Old 07-14-2005, 11:11 PM
Decroded piece of crap

why in the world would you want to arm the alarm in your garage? afraid your spouse is gonna steal it? even so, it's not that hard to find the keys in the house...
Old 07-29-2005, 01:10 PM
Intermediate

Remember this thread? Another cool feature

Remember this thread? I just discovered another feature that I was not aware of. Not only is there a speed sensing feature on the wipers, as noted in this thread, but when you let off the brake, it overrides the time interval and engages the wiper for one sweep. Found that in the owner's manual. Pretty cool.
Old 07-29-2005, 01:17 PM
04 remembrance

Originally Posted by cconrad
I have to agree with the RTFM crowd. I spend a long time reading through all of this hoping to learn something that wasn't in the manual, but nearly ever thing mentioned here is in my manual. Is the 2005 manual that much better than the 2004 manual or something?

As for the arming/locking (whichever its meant to indicate!) beep thing, I think the beep is so much nicer than the traditional quick blast of the horn. Much more refined.
No, same manual.

We just like to consider it as "Easter eggs".
Old 07-29-2005, 01:52 PM
My Garage

Originally Posted by iamhomin
No, same manual.

We just like to consider it as "Easter eggs".

if you don't have navi, there are very few true easter eggs with the TSX so we just consider the less popular features easter eggs
Old 07-30-2005, 08:38 AM
Instructor

Sigh. Then the forum should have had a different name, like "features you may not have been aware of, but that are probably in the manual!"

An easter egg is an undocumented feature, usually placed there surreptitiously by development team members for their and/or future users' amusement. It often has no useful function, though it sometimes does (like an extra level on a game or someting).

Anyway, now I've read it all, so it's too late to get that wasted time back.
Old 07-30-2005, 09:26 AM
04 remembrance

Originally Posted by cconrad
Sigh. Then the forum should have had a different name, like "features you may not have been aware of, but that are probably in the manual!"

An easter egg is an undocumented feature, usually placed there surreptitiously by development team members for their and/or future users' amusement. It often has no useful function, though it sometimes does (like an extra level on a game or someting).

Anyway, now I've read it all, so it's too late to get that wasted time back.
Yeah, people have realized it after couple of pages.
Old 08-11-2005, 06:34 PM
Instructor

Wahaha... does this egg works for TSX NAVI? (works on TL)

Press the voice command button on the stearing wheel.
The voice will say "Please say a command" and you will hear a beep.
Make a farting noise, you can use your lips, your hands, whatever body part produces the best, loudest fart noise, for best results aim for the microphone in the top center panel, and have silence before and after the noise.
The voice will then say "Air Conditioner" and it will turn on or off, depending on it's current setting.
This is definatly an egg because theres no way a fart sound could sound like the words "air conditioner". Who knows how many other eggs could be hidden in this system. This is a great way to have a laugh in the car when you have other passengers with you.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:56 AM
Instructor

Now that (if it's for real), is an Easter Egg!
Old 08-12-2005, 11:03 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by fanbanlo
Wahaha... does this egg works for TSX NAVI? (works on TL)

I can confirm that this indeed does work with the TSX navi. It turns on the Air Conditioner...

I guess our sheit does stink!
Old 08-14-2005, 11:33 AM
Instructor

I tried this out this weekend and I can't believe it works... (2005 TSX w/NAV).... that's some funny shit... no pun intended ;-) :lol:

Quick Reply: "Easter Eggs"?