backseat problem

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2003 | 10:21 PM
Burning Brakes

backseat problem

has anyone had there middle backseat pop out when extended? when mine is down, and i bump it from either side, it pops out of joint and rips the leather where the pegs are. i took it into the dealer and they replaced the folded parts and components, and i tested it with a light slap, and the damn thing came out again. can anyone else tel me if they have this problem? i think its just real sh*tty designing, cuz no other car that i have checked for it has the same problem
Old 11-03-2003 | 07:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: backseat problem

Originally posted by TSX Cman
has anyone had there middle backseat pop out when extended? when mine is down, and i bump it from either side, it pops out of joint and rips the leather where the pegs are. i took it into the dealer and they replaced the folded parts and components, and i tested it with a light slap, and the damn thing came out again. can anyone else tel me if they have this problem? i think its just real sh*tty designing, cuz no other car that i have checked for it has the same problem
I don't have this problem and I would definitely take the car back and get it serviced.
Old 11-03-2003 | 03:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: backseat problem

i took it into the dealer and they replaced the folded parts and components, and i tested it with a light slap, and the damn thing came out again.
i got it serviced, when i took it in for a oil change i had a list of problems, and they replaced by steering wheel buttons, back seat and a couple of scratched panels. but the seat is just screwed.

the test is to fold it down, and give it a firm push from each side, right at the end of the armrest (furthest from back).
if anyone gets time to test it, plz reply
Old 11-03-2003 | 03:39 PM
No, you are a dork.

Not to sound like a smart-ass but if you didnt beat it from side to side it may not break.
Old 11-03-2003 | 05:10 PM
Burning Brakes

maybe you shuold be a smart ass and go see what im talking about
Old 11-03-2003 | 06:46 PM
No, you are a dork.

No thanks. I'll keep mine in working condition for now.

Love,

SmartAss
Old 11-03-2003 | 07:06 PM
My other "car" is a 4x4

I have no idea what you're talking about, dude. Are you talking about the rear seats when they're folded down to access the trunk?

What is the problem you're observing? The armrest in the 60/40 split comes off? What do you mean by "slapping" it?
Old 11-03-2003 | 07:21 PM
Burning Brakes

ill make it clear then. sitting in the seat behind the driver, with the seat up, (not to access the trunk). fold down the seat beside you (the arm rest with cup holders), that is the thing that comes out all the time. if someone is sitting with the armrest down and i turn too hard, it pops out of its holders. i noticed it first when i was driving some friends around and one of them said it had came out. so the next day i went out and checked what happened and realized that its just really weakly put in. so i pushed it into the slots and gave it a light shake side to side. and it softly came out, but i noticed that is has pegs that fit into a hole(the joint that keeps it in, and allows the up and down movement). i noticed taht those pegs were pulling on the leather around it and ripping it, so it has become a concern.
i am taking my car back in to the dealership again to get some stuff down and i would appreciate some input from other TSX owners that would help me explain whether it is a design issue in general, or my TSX problem.
Old 11-03-2003 | 07:55 PM
My other "car" is a 4x4

Hmmm. So your rear seat armrest is loose? The whole armrest (cupholders and all) dislodges from the seatback?

I would definitely take it to the dealer and have them take a look. Even if it's a design defect, it should be repaired. If it keeps breaking, then keep taking it in... I guess.
Old 11-04-2003 | 02:10 AM
Burning Brakes

all i want is for someone to go out and try it when they go to the store or something and give me a aye or nay. as in it happens or not
but yes, i took it in, got new peices installed but its the same as before with a shinier armrest.
can anyone tell me if their armrest is weak supported at the hinges?
Old 11-04-2003 | 12:03 PM
Pro

all i want is for someone to go out and try it... and give me a aye or nay. as in it happens or not
So bascally, you want someone to go out and do something to thier car that could result in them having to take it into the shop? Why would they want to do that? If it happens, it happens, but why force it to happen?
Old 11-04-2003 | 06:29 PM
Burning Brakes

wow... someone just delete this post i started please. i put up my problem to see any common problems, but all i get are unhelpful answers.
i didnt tell anyone to force it. i said just push slightly. why dont you just have someone sit in the backseat without a seatbelt, and you just turn at ridiculous speeds. it would help me if you did.

my family owns a shit load of vehicles, i tested every car with the same test. no damage, infact i dont think i could get any of them to budge unless i started throwing my weight into it.

but if doing this little test pops it out, then its helping my cause, because im taking it to the dealerships attention about a poorly built part of the acrura tsx.

so please, admins either get rid of this post, or someone give me some real feedback. but if your worried about breaking your car, dont reply
Old 11-04-2003 | 07:05 PM
More On

Take it easy, it's OK.

I think the main problem was that your first post was very unclear (and misleadingly worded) about what the problem was. Most people probably had no idea what you were talking about, and the few people who thought they did know what you were talking about were basically wrong -- all because it was so unclear. And, I think you can understand, that can be annoying. Not their fault -- and not yours either.

It happens.
Old 11-04-2003 | 07:17 PM
Pinky all stinky

i noticed it first when i was driving some friends around and one of them said it had came out. so the next day i went out and checked what happened and realized that its just really weakly put in.
Seems like one of your friends was fooling around back there and broke it.
Old 11-04-2003 | 08:14 PM
Burning Brakes

thats a fine response larch, thanks

and my friend must have fooled around and broke it then. so ill take that in, it must be that everyone else's is in rock solid and mine was just broken real easy.
Old 11-04-2003 | 08:15 PM
I kAnt Spel guD

My Accord seat had the same issue, when I installed it wrong many a time.

Never ripped the fabric

Any how, lift up on the fabric at the back of the seat (OE velcro) and you should see some bolts. Try removing and reinstalling the panel, it may take a try or two but eventually it should stick and mount in the factory pivot points. Sometimes I leave the bolts out and close the seat back several times until is clicks into the slot, then I install the bolts.