Acura CL carbon fiber hood group buy! 97-99 1st generation! Rare!

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005 | 11:19 PM
Instructor

Arrow Acura CL carbon fiber hood group buy! 97-99 1st generation! Rare!

Hey everyone. The deal with VIS has been sealed! Productions for the hood begins next week, July 18-23. I suggest you pre-order your hood to seal the price of $460. It will take 9-10 weeks for the hoods to be made, and after this first batch the price of the hood will be over $500 and it will take another 9-11 weeks to make the hoods. carbon-fiber-products.com is exclusive to this hood for 3 months, no one else can sell to the public, not even VIS. Here's the info if you would like to pre-order your hood:

Order info: Please contact me via one of the following ways..

1. AIM=itzcarlooo 1st best way to reach me
2. during business hours 877.568.7664 (this # doesn't work all the time, since i'm on a crappy vonage phone plan),
3. My cell 951.454.8081 (2nd best way to reach me)
4. Post here
5. Message me on the forum

NOTE: you will not be added the to pre-order list until you have paid in full.

Price

$460

Payment

1. I accept Visa and Master card over the phone
2. paypal me at carlo@carbon-fiber-products.com
3. cash if your local

Shipping

Shipping will vary from $70-200, depending on your location. Please PM me, or post for a shipping quote. I can't guarantee that the quote will be the same, because the hoods will be shipped out in 9-10 weeks. Gas prices go up oand down, and thats what the shipping company uses to determine prices etc...

I will keep an updated list of people who have actually paid. But thats all the info! If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me! Thanks!

-carlo

OFFICIAL VIS INVOICE

NOTE: Novare Industries is the company providing me with the hoods, they're a wholesale company.

It says 96-99, that was a mistake by VIS. But don't worry. I'm buying a brand new hood from Acura on monday, and whatever I give them is what the mold is going to be made out of!

We are exlcusive to this hood, no one else can sell it to the public, not even VIS.

Old 07-13-2005 | 11:27 PM
Burning Brakes

here we go again
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:04 AM
Ram
Instructor

hey ITZ... check this out...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ory=33646&rd=1
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:08 AM
Burning Brakes

what happen to the price it was cheaper before.... that guys shady.. i messaged him before he never messaged me back..
Old 07-14-2005 | 03:03 AM
nippon_wa 2.0

wow.. this is really happening..

but $450..? even though we find 20 ppl??

and..the deadline is on 17th...

no money by the end of this month..
Old 07-14-2005 | 04:08 AM
Instructor

Hello. I know it's a short deadline, but this is the best I can do. I wouldn't trust that CL hood on ebay, theres no brand or anything that the seller states, also the seller has ZERO feedback. I can gurantee fitment on the hoods and its made by a reputable company. $450 is not a bad price for a carbon fiber hood that has rolled edges and is polyurethane coated. The company will also gurantee fitment and fading for 1 year.

I'm not sure if the members of this forum are aware of this, but there is a world wide carbon fiber shortage. VIS has done price hikes 3 times already this year. Carbon fiber is not cheap these days. Try finding a VIS hood for $300 on the net, I doubt you will. Also, if you go to kaminari USA's web site kaminari You can read about the carbon fiber shortage and how they stopped making carbon fiber!

This is straight from their web site:

" Urgent Notice!

Due to severe global shortages of carbon fiber material, Kaminari USA has slowed production of our Carbon Fiber Hoods and other Carbon Fiber body components.

We currently are limited to items in stock so please call to see if what your looking for is in our warehouse.

We deeply apologize that Kaminari USA has ben forced to make this business decision, however our suppliers have drastically raised wholesale pricing due to production unable to meet demand. Most bulk supplies have been funneled toward military and aerospace industries. As soon as we can secure material at a realistic price structure, we will resume production".

So if you put all these factors into place, $450 is a great price for a hood that hasn't been produced by any reputable companies. These hoods will be made specifically for this forum, and the members of this forum will be one of the first people to have a quality hood for their 1st generation CL.

If anyone else has any questions, please don't hestitate to contact me. Thank you!

-carlo
Old 07-14-2005 | 05:51 AM
nippon_wa 2.0

so...
1.97silver2.2CL
2.Insyone
3. bebop.fey
4. Nitinitez
5. Specter
6. Ninjack

did they already pay for the hood? or just said they wanted, and u r not sure..?

if they paid, how much did they pay now..? what's the shipping..?
Old 07-14-2005 | 05:54 AM
Intermediate

oh thats excellent. good to hear that bush is taking our carbon fiber too. i sure hope polyurethane goes next. .
Old 07-14-2005 | 06:24 AM
CL 4 LYFE

i havent paid yet but im seeing what i can do to pull out some cash for this.
Old 07-14-2005 | 07:20 AM
Revelation 3:15-17

This freaking SUCKS!
If you would of done it by the end of the month I would of DEFINATELY bought a hood.
Will this company make more CF hoods for our cars in the future or is a one-time deal?
Old 07-14-2005 | 07:47 AM
how handsome I am

oh man damn... i dont want to start digging into my laptop fund... fuck what to do?!?
Old 07-14-2005 | 08:36 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by DivineCL
This freaking SUCKS!
If you would of done it by the end of the month I would of DEFINATELY bought a hood.
Will this company make more CF hoods for our cars in the future or is a one-time deal?
So the deadline s in 3 days? There's no way you'll get 20 people by then
Old 07-14-2005 | 10:15 AM
Instructor

so i know this hood has the pre-dilled washer nozzles, however, does it have pre-drilled holes for the 2 shock absorbers that hold our hood open? will this cb fiber hood be a dark grayish/blackish color?
Old 07-14-2005 | 10:54 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by binny
so i know this hood has the pre-dilled washer nozzles, however, does it have pre-drilled holes for the 2 shock absorbers that hold our hood open? will this cb fiber hood be a dark grayish/blackish color?
Everything will be made for OEM fitment and be made to be direct bolt on. I will double check with the manufacturer today about the holes for the absorbers
Old 07-14-2005 | 10:56 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by lnsyone
i havent paid yet but im seeing what i can do to pull out some cash for this.
we accept credit cards, it doesn't have to be cash
Old 07-14-2005 | 10:56 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by nippon_wa
so...
1.97silver2.2CL
2.Insyone
3. bebop.fey
4. Nitinitez
5. Specter
6. Ninjack

did they already pay for the hood? or just said they wanted, and u r not sure..?

if they paid, how much did they pay now..? what's the shipping..?
please give me your zipcode and I'll give you a shipping quote!! Thanks!
Old 07-14-2005 | 10:59 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Nato
what happen to the price it was cheaper before.... that guys shady.. i messaged him before he never messaged me back..
I don't know what price you were quoted, but this is the correct price for the hood. I'm the one dealing directly with the manufacturers. If you have any questions you can reach me here or by any of the following ways:

1. AIM= itzcarlooo
2. Cell: 951.454.8081
3. Toll free 877.568.7664
4. carlo@carbon-fiber-products.com
Old 07-14-2005 | 11:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by binny
yes it will be a black carbon fiber hood, that is polyurethane coated and comes with a 1 year warranty. And guaranteed fitment
Old 07-14-2005 | 11:12 AM
Instructor

I just checked with the manufacturer. It will have the holes for the dampners. Its made for OEM fitment and direct bolt on. Basically what they do is, they take an Actual CL hood and they copy the specs exactly, they make a mold out of it. This mold is called the master mold, after the master mold is made they make a copy of the master mold to make the hoods out of that mold.

Now that the mold is completed which is VERY VERY expensive to make, they can now only make one hood a day out of this mold. After 10 hoods, the mold is no longer useful, because it starts to deteriorrate. They then need to create another mold and start the process all over again.
Old 07-14-2005 | 11:27 AM
CL 4 LYFE

how much for shipping to honolulu, hawaii 96825?
Old 07-14-2005 | 11:31 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by lnsyone
how much for shipping to honolulu, hawaii 96825?
Since your in hawaii, its a little up there. It's going to be $140 for 2nd day air to a business address, and $130 for regular shipping. Add $30 if its going to be shipped to a residential.
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:05 PM
Instructor

sounds good so far, however, how can u guarantee we will get the hood since we are paying via paypal we only have 30 days after payment to dispute item, i'm sure it is going to take a while to make all of the hoods, how can u guarantee we will receive item...i'm new to this group buy and want to take serious precaution, I think thats the only thing holding most of us back, your guarantee...if I call the manufacturer from the website you gave us, will they know you?
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:47 PM
Instructor

Everyone will recieve their hoods. I will gurantee it. If you would like my sellers permit and my business license, I can provide that for everyone. Carbon Fiber 1 only deals with wholesale companies, they don't deal with retail..that's what my company is here for. I will be a sponsor on here for awhile, I'm not going anywhere. The ADMINS have all my information and everything. I will not be leaving and taking off with your hoods, that is bad business. I'm not some middle man guy who is trying to sell hoods and take off with everyones money, I have a business to protect. If I do that, which I WILL NOT DO...everyone will hear with what I did and my business will fail. Thats not what I'm looking for, all I'm looking for is for this group buy to go through so everyone with a CL will have a hood. If you have anymore questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks!

-carlo
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:48 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by itzcarlooo
Since your in hawaii, its a little up there. It's going to be $140 for 2nd day air to a business address, and $130 for regular shipping. Add $30 if its going to be shipped to a residential.
so how much shipping would it be to 15237 ground? I'm sure it should be a lot less than 140-150, thanks.
Old 07-14-2005 | 12:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
so how much shipping would it be to 15237 ground? I'm sure it should be a lot less than 140-150, thanks.
$90
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:03 PM
DamnThisHobby'sExpensive!

Ok, I need a hood. Ive been needing one for over a year now, and Acura quoted me $1300 for a new OEM hood painted and installed. I have the $$ for this hood, but I have some questions first. (sorry I just opened this thread and im a little lost....You need our $$ upfront correct? Then when will we recieve the hoods? How long do we have to wait for them? $450 is the price + shipping? (what would via ground to 66213 cost me??)
Lastly, you said the hood will be to OEM specs, so therefor I assume we can use the OEM hood latch and not have to result to hoodpins??
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:06 PM
Instructor

The hood will have a metal latch strong enough to use the hood without hood pins. Shipping to 66213 will be $87 to that area. Shipping will not be charged until the hoods are shipped out. So for now, just paypal $450 to carlo@carbon-fiber-products.com or you may call me or contact me by email to place an order via credit card (master and visa only). thanks!
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:13 PM

Ok, well *IF* I join the GB, that makes 7 ppl correct? Meaning you still need 13 people to join by Sun. the 17th, otherwise the GB dosnt work? So when do you need the $? Now? And if the GB fails and falls through, your sending us the $ back? Also...again, we send you this $ now....when would we recieve our hoods? a week? 3 weeks? a month??

Also, is there a picture of a hood that this company had made? I'd like to see a picture of their product...

(**Still wondering if a black CF hood would look good on a black car...although i guess is still is 1/2 the price of a OEM hood painted and installed)
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:33 PM
Instructor

shipping to 60077... im in if we can get 20 people....Seems almost impossible in three days though
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:36 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Acura3.0CL
Ok, well *IF* I join the GB, that makes 7 ppl correct? Meaning you still need 13 people to join by Sun. the 17th, otherwise the GB dosnt work? So when do you need the $? Now? And if the GB fails and falls through, your sending us the $ back? Also...again, we send you this $ now....when would we recieve our hoods? a week? 3 weeks? a month??

Also, is there a picture of a hood that this company had made? I'd like to see a picture of their product...

(**Still wondering if a black CF hood would look good on a black car...although i guess is still is 1/2 the price of a OEM hood painted and installed)
If we dont make the deadline by monday, I will refund everyones money back instantly. Paypal has that feature where you can refund money back instantly. The deadline for the hoods to be finished is August 30th, hoods will ship out the following business day. We have a contract with carbon fiber 1 where it will be finished on that date. There are no pictures of the hood since it has never been made. But carbon fiber 1 makes great hoods, they're as good as VIS and SEIBON. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:38 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by GhEnGisTaHN
shipping to 60077... im in if we can get 20 people....Seems almost impossible in three days though
20 people is not impossible. I've done it before

shipping will be $89 to a business address + $30 to a residential.
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:42 PM
Instructor

come on guys! We can do this!
Old 07-14-2005 | 01:56 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by itzcarlooo
If we dont make the deadline by monday, I will refund everyones money back instantly. Paypal has that feature where you can refund money back instantly. The deadline for the hoods to be finished is August 30th, hoods will ship out the following business day. We have a contract with carbon fiber 1 where it will be finished on that date. There are no pictures of the hood since it has never been made. But carbon fiber 1 makes great hoods, they're as good as VIS and SEIBON. Let me know if you have anymore questions.
I'm in, but I don't have a credit card, or the cash until I get paid in a week. So I can't make your sunday deadline. If you can't get 20 people in 3 days, can you move the deadline, I'm sure people are like me and don't have $550 laying around. I bet you will get 20 people, but I doubt you will have it by the weekend.
Old 07-14-2005 | 02:01 PM
Instructor

We'll see where were at by sunday, if there is enough people for this group buy to go through, I maybe able to extend the deadline. But I'm going to need the commitment from the people on this forum. If you're SERIOUS about buying a hood, please let me know by posting on the thread that you're serious. Even if you can't make the deadline. Thanks.

-carlo
Old 07-14-2005 | 02:05 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Ok, well I am serious, and will commit to buy one, as long as I can pay in after I get paid next week
Old 07-14-2005 | 02:09 PM
Instructor

Hey guys just talked to carlo.. He seems like a real cool guy.. Remember the shipping fee does not need to be paid until the hoods are ready to be shipped.. So you only need 450 dollars to send to him... im in too for sure so.. if you guys are thinking about it just get the money paypaled or however and lets get this thing on the road.. PLUS if we dont have the enough members in the group buy he will refund us our money on monday... So worse case scenario (if the group buy doesnt go through) we dont have 450 bucks for the next 5 days...
Old 07-14-2005 | 02:17 PM

yea...I'll definitly know my decision by tomorrow...(need to think it over a little) Ive had a busted up hood for over a year...been waiting for someone to hit me or to get hail damage so I can get a free hood w/o having to pay the $1300 for an OEM one. This CF hood would be better looking, custom, and 1/2 the price....(I just dont know if I like the look of CF on a black car...)

Wish we could get different styles like these...(i woudnt mind having a few vents and lines instead of the OEM look) http://www.visracing.com/catalog/ind...ath=24_230_233
Old 07-14-2005 | 02:52 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Dude, you don't want different colored c/f for your hood, the black c/f would look hot. Nice and subtle on a black cl
Old 07-14-2005 | 03:05 PM
Instructor

does anyone have a link to a pic with a black carbon fiber hood on a black car, i have a black cl too and can't imagine what it will look like???
Old 07-14-2005 | 03:07 PM

http://www.visracing.com/catalog/pro...roducts_id=142

Quick Reply: Acura CL carbon fiber hood group buy! 97-99 1st generation! Rare!