Anyone know when Acura might come out with 2011 MDX and drop in truecar price

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 12:01 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know when Acura might come out with 2011 MDX and drop in truecar price

Hi All,
I have been tracking 2010 MDX price for about 3-4 weeks now since am interested in buying one but considering how its already mid-April 2010 and there are no great deals out there for a 2010.. at least none that I came across for a 2010 MDX Tech (tried working out price with a couple of Acura dealers in the area but both of them wanted premium, above market, average price..

Hence, looking at my timeline now, I m wondering if I should just wait for 2011 MDX (and pay market/avg price for it then) and/or try negotiating a great deal on 2010 then (assuming I can find one)..Any comments/insights?

I also have a question for a long-time Acura owners:
Normally, when does Acura come out with their new updated YEAR cars/SUVs... is it mid-year, later in the year, random etc..? I just want to make an informed decision..

Also, did anyone else notice a drop in 2010 MDX prices on truecar this week... Compared to last week, I saw a drop of anywhere from $779 - $1200 (based up which price you are looking at: truecost (dropped -$1186), factory invoice (-$1210), TrueAverage (-$779), and Sticker (-$810)
Old 04-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I held out for a 2010 for several months than got a deal on my 2009. The Dealer got 5 2009's all the same color some with the rear TV and some without. I got one with the dumb tube. The 2010 seemed to show up late in the year this year. I had my car for a few months and still no 2010's were in...

Last edited by billman730; 04-14-2010 at 02:41 PM. Reason: words
Old 04-15-2010, 12:25 AM
Instructor

Keep researching. Maybe there will be a certain incentive next month. Well, you can wait til the 2011 comes out and try to get deal on the last stock of 2010s. I doubt there would be much of a difference from 2010 to 2011 versus a 2009 to 2010(alot of updates). Usually the next year model will come out in Fall, but its not for certain. 2010 is the start of the 2nd gen mid cycle update based on the 2007. Probably be a new gen mdx by 2012/2013.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:15 AM
5th Gear

Thanks for the info: akord 97 and Billman730.

I tried making an offer/deal about a week or so ago (was a fair offer IMO) but it dint work out for a 2010 Tech. Now, I think, I am just going to wait until the end of the month to make another offer and in the mean time I will keep on tracking prices on edmunds/truecar to see what would be a fair offer then.

Thanks again for replying. Have a great day.
Old 04-15-2010, 11:49 AM
The Box

Received 80 Likes on 59 Posts
I'd wait until the 2011 model comes out. If you don't NEED it right now I would definitely be patient because you could potentially save thousands by waiting until closer to year end. Incentives will be available for 2010 models.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
The 2011's should be out late in the year. At that time try to get a good deal on a 2010 that is still on the lot. It all depends on if they have the color and options you want in stock.

The 2010 has a lot of improvements on the 2009. In my view the 2011's won't really be any better then the 2010.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:24 PM
5th Gear

Thats the thing, I can't wait until the end of the year. We are down to one car in the household (since I sold my previous) so maybe I can hold off for another 1-2 months... but yes, I agree, if I could wait then I would surely wait for 2011 model to come out and try to make a deal on the last stock of 2010. Lets see
Old 04-16-2010, 04:09 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Not sure where the OP is located but in the North East, we aren't expecting any incentives other than the current financing offer. The vehicles just don't exist to warrant any type of dealer cash incentive.

After the downturn in the economy at the end of 2008 Acura cut vehicle production substantially. At the end of 2009 (in the North East) we essentially ran out of 2009 MDX's about a month before the 2010 models started to arrive. Dealers are still being aggressive with pricing on the 2010 model but but it's certainly not a vehicle that is being offered for sale below invoice.

If you really want one, offer the dealer a deal at a few hundred over invoice. If they won't take the deal another dealer will. If you are looking to buy one for well below invoice, you will have a long search that most likely will not yield any good results.

Old 04-16-2010, 06:05 PM
5th Gear

Black Label,
I m from SW but I agree with pretty much all the things you mentioned: low inventory (to maintain the price point, cant blame them to some extent) and dealers not willing to 'deal' too much, if at all (as I am finding out when I talked to various dealers in the area).

From my new/updated price quotes (this week) for '10 MDX Tech, I think the best I will be able to do right now is to convince them to sell me for invoice + $200-$250 range and have them 'throw' in a couple of accessories (like tint/wheel locks, trunk tray) and still hope I get the color I want. Dealers are not entertaining too much swap either.

Do you guys think this is a good deal? Normally, I 'd just look at truecar and negotiate based upon that but with MDX I m having hard time buying at 'Great Price' versus 'Average Price' that I being offered I guess.

Amazingly, if it interests anyone, up until last week, these same dealers were asking me invoice + 750-1000 and a couple of them dint even wanted to give in any accessories at that price.. ouch...
Old 04-17-2010, 09:18 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

You have to remember that they do hae to pay for the accessories. If they are selling the car at a low margin over invoice, there isn't much cash left to play with.

In the end, if you can close the deal on the car at $250 over, you are getting a good deal. Is it the best deal that will be available all year? Probably not, but it certainly isn't the worst. If you have the luxury of time, you can wait until the 2011's are coming out and there may be incentives available but color choices will be more difficult and in the end the incentives may never come. It doesn't sound like that is really an option for you anyway.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:01 PM
Racer

Also remember that the schedule for MDX arrivals will probably be alot closer to the actual year - 2010 MDX's came out December 2009...2011 MDX's will probably be coming in November, at the earliest!
Old 04-23-2010, 04:22 PM
5th Gear

Sorry, I was away for a few days..

Thanks Black label and CraigMacDTA for your input/feedback.

I think I am in the last phase of my negotiations and if things work out then I hope to have the deal closed this weekend. In terms of price, its probably not the best deal (could have done about $150-$200 better I think if I was open to more colors) but my wife and I love Grigio/Parch so I am paying that extra amount and it looks like I will have to wait for about 1-1.5 weeks to get the 'X" in (its on the way per dealer, they have the stock# and VIN). In the grand scheme of things paying that extra $150-$200 for the color of your choice, I think, is worth it versus going with what they have in stock for color.

Lastly, I wanted to say thanks to all who chimed in to helped me out and for expressing their opinion. I appreciate it. Ofcourse, going forward I plan to linger around more (I hope) and learn more about 'X' from all of u expert zingers... Thx again.. TC
Old 04-23-2010, 05:36 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Originally Posted by bmwm5
Sorry, I was away for a few days..

Thanks Black label and CraigMacDTA for your input/feedback.

I think I am in the last phase of my negotiations and if things work out then I hope to have the deal closed this weekend. In terms of price, its probably not the best deal (could have done about $150-$200 better I think if I was open to more colors) but my wife and I love Grigio/Parch so I am paying that extra amount and it looks like I will have to wait for about 1-1.5 weeks to get the 'X" in (its on the way per dealer, they have the stock# and VIN). In the grand scheme of things paying that extra $150-$200 for the color of your choice, I think, is worth it versus going with what they have in stock for color.

Lastly, I wanted to say thanks to all who chimed in to helped me out and for expressing their opinion. I appreciate it. Ofcourse, going forward I plan to linger around more (I hope) and learn more about 'X' from all of u expert zingers... Thx again.. TC
In the end, what's $150-200 when you are dealing with a $46000 vehicle. Sure you could have taken the numbers you had to every dealer in the area to beat the price but what's your time worth to you.

Lastly, in the MDX, TL, RL, CL, RSX forums you find expert ziners, if you want expert zingers, you have to go to Ramblings
Old 05-27-2010, 03:28 PM
4th Gear

my dealer told me that the 2011 model will be available in November 2010
Old 05-27-2010, 05:50 PM
2nd Gear

Anybody knows or tried this?

I don't know if this is something that has been mentioned before at any of the Acurazine forums. If you want to find a great deal, below sticker price, you might want to go to http://www.zag.com you can search for new car and pay less than the posted price.

If this helps anyone, some personal feedback on your experience would greatly be appreciated.

Russell
Old 05-29-2010, 02:16 AM
7th Gear

My wife and I used fightingchance.com 's method to get prices on a MDX and it worked like a charm. The website ask for $45 for the info. I'm not trying to spam but their method made the experiencing easier and less stressful. Our first call to a dealer got us invoice on a 5 minute call. We put a deposit down, once the paper work is signed I'll post our deal.

One thing to note, destination charge is being raised $50 on all incoming new cars. There is a 1.9% financing right now until early July. Its always hard to tell what dealer incentives are going to be. Our google research shows hot and cold spots for MDX deals. The D.C. and North Carolina area have shown to have deals well under invoice, but thats nothing that I can get in my area.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:11 AM
9th Gear

Just spent last Saturday at the dealership working a deal on my new TL and was trying to work another for an MDX. Nothing available on MDX, but said to wait until JUL/AUG. They will start getting their allocation for 11 in AUG, so they will start pushing incentives to move the 10's then. Current incentives got extended thru JUN, so JUL would be the next time they change. The dealer had 12 on the lot and 25 more coming in, so I'm expecting a call in JUL trying to move one.
Old 05-31-2010, 06:52 PM
Cruisin'

I started looking at MDX's last fall- the 2010's came out in Chicagoland area around October, which was later then some other makes. I recently purchased an MDX, but was not having too much of a problem with negotiating. Request an internet price and shop those. You will get very close to invoice, especially if you are not requesting a bunch of options (running boards, roof racks, hood deflectors, etc). I was getting the MDX Tech in at quotes around $41,900. I ended up with an advanced- which is a little harder to find and negotiate on. Many dealers have b/t 10-25 Tech's on the lot. I agree with sticking out the color, even if it is at a slight premium. I also was able to get an Advance w/in 24 hours of my request. Dealers will trade with other dealers to get the color combo you want.
Old 05-31-2010, 08:07 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Woody33
I started looking at MDX's last fall- the 2010's came out in Chicagoland area around October, which was later then some other makes. I recently purchased an MDX, but was not having too much of a problem with negotiating. Request an internet price and shop those. You will get very close to invoice, especially if you are not requesting a bunch of options (running boards, roof racks, hood deflectors, etc). I was getting the MDX Tech in at quotes around $41,900. I ended up with an advanced- which is a little harder to find and negotiate on. Many dealers have b/t 10-25 Tech's on the lot. I agree with sticking out the color, even if it is at a slight premium. I also was able to get an Advance w/in 24 hours of my request. Dealers will trade with other dealers to get the color combo you want.

Isn't dealer cost for the MDX with Tech $41,891? It is according to TrueCost.

http://www.truecar.com/Acura/MDX/201...&zipcode=06032
Old 06-01-2010, 01:21 PM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
Does anyone remember, sometime in 2008 or 2009 (can't remember when) Acura had crazy incentives for the MDX. I recall something like $8000 off MSRP (in WA state); I didn't know the specific numbers until after that incentive was over. Had I known, I may have bought a MDX then.

Does anyone remember such a figure, or am I imagining things? Do those incentives come annually, or was it a one time deal?
Old 06-12-2010, 03:39 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by docboy
Does anyone remember, sometime in 2008 or 2009 (can't remember when) Acura had crazy incentives for the MDX. I recall something like $8000 off MSRP (in WA state); I didn't know the specific numbers until after that incentive was over. Had I known, I may have bought a MDX then.

Does anyone remember such a figure, or am I imagining things? Do those incentives come annually, or was it a one time deal?
from what I have read and researched crazy deals are usually in areas that don't sell well. Meaning, mostly not in our area. I've read awesome deals in the east coast but can't get them in the midwest.
Old 06-12-2010, 02:45 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Originally Posted by docboy

What you are looking for isn't worth it. With all the incentives available you were able to buy a MDX for 7-8K off list early in 2009. The reason for this was a collapse in the US banking system and the economy generally going down the shitter. People who had th funds to buy when everyone else was afraid to spend money were able to take advantage of deals never before seen.

Unless we have a major collapse in the economy, $8000 off an MDX isn't happening again any time soon.

Incentive do typically come annually as the model year is winding down. For the most part the more incentives available, the less options you will have in terms of color and packages. Right now in the US, the Acura SUV's are the only vehicles they sell that don't have any cash incentives, just special finance offers.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:25 PM
9th Gear

Folks...

Looking for a 2010 MDX with Tech package. Still debating whether I have to wait for the 2011 model or pull the trigger on the current model....Does anyone know when the 2011 models will be available and are there any changes to the bodystyling?

Thx.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:13 AM
2010 TL AWD 6MT: New King

Received 165 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by VJAcuraTL
Folks...

Looking for a 2010 MDX with Tech package. Still debating whether I have to wait for the 2011 model or pull the trigger on the current model....Does anyone know when the 2011 models will be available and are there any changes to the bodystyling?

Thx.
If you are not in a rush and are not picky on color, I say wait for the 2011s to come out. You'll find a better deal on 2010s then. I don't know what changes the 2011 MDX will bring, but "rumors" have a possible diesel option coming out; aside from the diesel possibility, I doubt Acura will make any major changes to the exterior styling, esp since the 2010s just received their refresh.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
From what my salesperson told me when I bought my '10 the '11s are going to be the same, but maybe a tweak here and there. The '11s should be out in August/September, unlike the fiasco with the '10s. If you follow http://www.hondanews.com/ you will note that they have already posted about the '11 RDX, which is going to be the same as the '10 refresh. Happy shopping!!!
Old 07-22-2010, 10:12 PM
9th Gear

docboy

Thx for the info. As you noted I'll wait for another month so that I can better my chance for getting possible discounts on 2010 Mdx. Color combo I am looking for is Dark Cherry Pearl with Taupe interior. Is this a rare combination? I cchecked couple of dealers here in Chicago but both of the didn't carry this combo in their existing inventory.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by VJAcuraTL
docboy

Thx for the info. As you noted I'll wait for another month so that I can better my chance for getting possible discounts on 2010 Mdx. Color combo I am looking for is Dark Cherry Pearl with Taupe interior. Is this a rare combination? I cchecked couple of dealers here in Chicago but both of the didn't carry this combo in their existing inventory.
Dealers take what Acura gives them, unless it is a special order. Dealers do not want to look for a particular color combo as they usually have to trade for something else, usually a hot selling unit/combo. They want to sell what they have on the lot 99.9% of the time. Even though production of the '10s is probably over, there should be dozens of DCP/T out there, or in Canada waiting to be shipped. Happy shopping!!!
Old 07-30-2010, 01:51 PM
Advanced

RDX might be having a full model change for MY 2012 whereas MDX prolly only for MY 2013. would anyone know? {lots of people speculating in the RDX forum about the "new MY 2012" RDX - i myself DONT think it will happen... both MDX and RDX are in the same "truck" cycle = 6 yrs arent they?
Old 08-02-2010, 01:46 AM
Cruisin'

the 11's still not in the lot yet
Old 08-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Cruisin'

No, not yet. Dealer told me today probably SEP.