Replacing H11/Fog bulbs on ZDX question

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 11:17 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacing H11/Fog bulbs on ZDX question

Hi All,
I know this is a common thread on other Acura models, but not yet covered with our ZDX's. I'm contemplating replacing the H11 bulbs (I'm sticking with stock wattage) in the foglight housing, but I'm not sure how hard that would be.
Has anyone out there actually tried this yet? Were the fogs easily accessible from the engine bay or from underneath? Did you have to remove any bolts for the bumper, etc?
It's below freezing out here in New England and messy with the snow, so I can't easily get under my car to check...
thanks in advance for your help!!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:07 PM
Pro

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
I got hid fogs in mine it really isn't hard or messy. You just have to get in from infront of the wheel just pull the little connectors or w/e they're called out and that's about it. Just turn your wheels obviously oh and for driver side you can either enter that way or from under but under in my opinion is a bit more messy and time consuming.
Old 01-25-2012, 04:36 PM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Cool too cool for stock lighting...

Originally Posted by trail runner
Hi All,
I know this is a common thread on other Acura models, but not yet covered with our ZDX's.
It's below freezing out here in New England and messy with the snow, so I can't easily get under my car to check...
thanks in advance for your help!!
Trail runner, I have changed my H11 fogs about 5-6 times on my ZDX already! to yellow then back to OEM, then blue, than back to OEM then Blue again!

The process is actually quite easy, but you do have to get under the car and remove some of those plastic clips pull the plastic covers away and squeeze your arm into the under pinnings of the vehicle. Once you do it the first time it gets a little easier the next time around, fun little DIY project...

On a seperate note does anyone here know what make bulbs will fit for our DRL? i bought a cheap pair and they did not fit thanks!
Old 01-29-2012, 12:22 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by VeNeNo
Trail runner, I have changed my H11 fogs about 5-6 times on my ZDX already! to yellow then back to OEM, then blue, than back to OEM then Blue again!

The process is actually quite easy, but you do have to get under the car and remove some of those plastic clips pull the plastic covers away and squeeze your arm into the under pinnings of the vehicle. Once you do it the first time it gets a little easier the next time around, fun little DIY project...

On a seperate note does anyone here know what make bulbs will fit for our DRL? i bought a cheap pair and they did not fit thanks!
Hey man since you've tried a few different colors I was wondering what goes well with the heads because I got 6k right now & that crap doesnt match lol thanks in advance
Old 02-04-2012, 09:08 AM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by NYSoni
Hey man since you've tried a few different colors I was wondering what goes well with the heads because I got 6k right now & that crap doesnt match lol thanks in advance
I just bought 6k based on comparing another car with them against my headlights and they looked pretty close to mine. Better than the stock bulbs. Haven't put them in yet because it is New England and it is freezing. Check the Sylavania brand. 8k might be too blue. I will share photos in a couple of weeks if I can get them in.
Old 02-04-2012, 06:38 PM
El Chulo...

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Arrow in Kelvin or Celsius ?

Originally Posted by NYSoni
I believe Acura uses a 4500k HID bulb for that almost white/blue-ish color that should match your head lights real well...
Old 02-05-2012, 02:27 AM
Pro

Received 133 Likes on 82 Posts
actually all stock HIDs on any car are 4300K
Old 02-05-2012, 07:25 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by saba007
I just bought 6k based on comparing another car with them against my headlights and they looked pretty close to mine. Better than the stock bulbs. Haven't put them in yet because it is New England and it is freezing. Check the Sylavania brand. 8k might be too blue. I will share photos in a couple of weeks if I can get them in.
Originally Posted by VeNeNo
I believe Acura uses a 4500k HID bulb for that almost white/blue-ish color that should match your head lights real well...

Thanks guys I'm just waitin for some free time & im going to do tops & bottoms 5k im in love with white lol