Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Heh I wish. The other week somebody did a hit and run on my bro's car and his damage will be over $1000 to fix. I don't think I'll be going through insurance on this. Just try my best to fix it myself and if it's hideous I'll just have to wait and see.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:42 PM
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
looks pretty hard to buff it out.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
Leave my car parked for an hour, come out to find this. Thanks Edmonton.
That sucks...I can't believe they didn't even leave a note. That sort of damage doesn't happen without the driver feeling it.

With all the research into nanotechnology for medical purposes, you'd think they'd be able to invent a paint that would "infect" another car if it traded paint. I dream of a world where this guy would come back to his car and it would be a pile of rust.

If such a thing ever comes into being, you guys are my proof...it was my idea.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:38 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by edmua6
looks pretty hard to buff it out.
Yeah quite a few of the scratches get caught on my finger nail so those won't buff out. A good chunk of paint got taken off the rear bumper and the edge between the quarter panel and bumper has paint removed as well. Quarter panel is also dented in, might be a bit hard to see from the angle of the picture.

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
That sucks...I can't believe they didn't even leave a note. That sort of damage doesn't happen without the driver feeling it.

With all the research into nanotechnology for medical purposes, you'd think they'd be able to invent a paint that would "infect" another car if it traded paint. I dream of a world where this guy would come back to his car and it would be a pile of rust.

If such a thing ever comes into being, you guys are my proof...it was my idea.
No doubt I'm certain they heard/felt it but decided to flee once they saw what happened. There was definitely paint transfer onto their car.

Haha I like that idea of the nano technology. I watched a special they did on nano technology with David Suzuki and it's quite amazing what is in store for the future.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:36 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Heh I wish. The other week somebody did a hit and run on my bro's car and his damage will be over $1000 to fix. I don't think I'll be going through insurance on this. Just try my best to fix it myself and if it's hideous I'll just have to wait and see.
Dude! For something like this, I'd say go through insurance, if you have hit and run coverage, you wont have to pay a deductible, and it wont bring your insurance rate up as its not at fault.

To get the deductible waved, you will need to file a police report and give that file number to your insurance company.

Trust me, l know :P ..had the same deal with my door.

On another note, anyone got lowering springs for sale or know of someone selling some locally? I want to drop the car before I take it out to kelowna in two weeks.

oh oh, and as some of you seen on fb, finally refinishing the wheels...again :P

Old 07-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Darkness.
Dude! For something like this, I'd say go through insurance, if you have hit and run coverage, you wont have to pay a deductible, and it wont bring your insurance rate up as its not at fault.

To get the deductible waved, you will need to file a police report and give that file number to your insurance company.

Trust me, l know :P ..had the same deal with my door.

On another note, anyone got lowering springs for sale or know of someone selling some locally? I want to drop the car before I take it out to kelowna in two weeks.

oh oh, and as some of you seen on fb, finally refinishing the wheels...again :P
Sanjay, which insurance company are you with? I'm with All State and found out what will happen in my case. I have full coverage and the hit and run falls under a "collision". Unfortunately I still have to pay $500 regardless of a police report. Was your deductible waived because you accumulated a disappearing deductible? I know for All State every year that you don't file a report $100 is taken off of the deductible and it resets to $500 once you cash in on the $0 deductible. I didn't have anything reduced since I recently switched insurance companies.

Which shop did you take your car to? I thought you had fixed it yourself and went to a paint shop on your own? I remember you had that black patch on the door for a while.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:19 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
@Vince - Nah, just the Takata green wheels. These are off the same car as this TSX from Toronto, really liked his set up so I decided to buy it off the guy who bought it off him. http://www.automotofoto.net/features...tsx-js-racing/

@Darkness - Thanks! That sucks, I hate hit and runs, happened to me and thats why I still have a bandaid decal on my car to cover up some of the damage.. hope you'll be able to fix your car!

@Arthur - haha yup they are a nice green. Might need to come to you for some tires really soon. Can't drive on semi slicks in the rain on the highway...
Old 07-18-2012, 05:19 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@Silence - Nice pick up!
Old 07-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Sanjay, which insurance company are you with? I'm with All State and found out what will happen in my case. I have full coverage and the hit and run falls under a "collision". Unfortunately I still have to pay $500 regardless of a police report. Was your deductible waived because you accumulated a disappearing deductible? I know for All State every year that you don't file a report $100 is taken off of the deductible and it resets to $500 once you cash in on the $0 deductible. I didn't have anything reduced since I recently switched insurance companies.

Which shop did you take your car to? I thought you had fixed it yourself and went to a paint shop on your own? I remember you had that black patch on the door for a while.
Im with TD Meloche Monnex. It was waived due to it being classified as hit and run thus not at fault, that black patch was from a previous repair, the car was backed into after that and I had to have the door skin replaced. Shoppers autobody on yellowhead did that repair and did a fantastic job with the color match.
Old 07-20-2012, 09:05 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
so whens the next meet?!
also, just got 6 months XM for $25 ! woot lol
Old 07-22-2012, 04:14 AM
TL Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Say this sat? For some odd reason I got work off so what do you all say? Then I gotta hit up cap ex for some over and under =D
Old 07-22-2012, 11:52 AM
Pro

I'm free after 5 every saturdays. My car should be back next wednesday.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:15 AM
Pro

Dedicated this whole weekend to my car. Got a few mods done I've been waiting to do for quite some time.

First off, resonator delete:

Next, fog light DIY mod time. Here is the before shot:

Clamp every spot possible to ensure it has an air tight seal:

Comparison shot between the stock glass and fresh Lexan. It turned out so well I purposely broke my driver side fog light to replace with Lexan so both sides match.

After shot of completed fog light

Most time consuming mod, custom grille. Before:

After. I need to grab something to mount the type-s emblem in the corner. It looks a bit naked without anything.

Huge thanks to Myron for lending me his dremel. Wouldn't have been able to do the fog light or grille mod without it.
Old 07-23-2012, 12:42 AM
6MT

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
^ love the grill! maybe someday i wanna do it and you can help me!
Old 07-23-2012, 09:35 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Dedicated this whole weekend to my car. Got a few mods done I've been waiting to do for quite some time.

First off, resonator delete:

Next, fog light DIY mod time. Here is the before shot:

Clamp every spot possible to ensure it has an air tight seal:

Comparison shot between the stock glass and fresh Lexan. It turned out so well I purposely broke my driver side fog light to replace with Lexan so both sides match.

After shot of completed fog light

Most time consuming mod, custom grille. Before:

After. I need to grab something to mount the type-s emblem in the corner. It looks a bit naked without anything.

Huge thanks to Myron for lending me his dremel. Wouldn't have been able to do the fog light or grille mod without it.
looking good man, really good. You are right, you need something on that grill, it really does look naked. So you have any straight on shots of the front?

The 2 bars that are mounted to the radiator I think, you can see them through the grill, maybe you should paint them a different color, make them stand out more. Just a thought
Old 07-23-2012, 11:09 AM
6MT

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Anyone here have the brakemotive drilled and slotted rotors+pads? (or heard any good/bad things about them?) I am in the market for new brakes all around and for the price of the brakemotive set up i dont think you can go. about $350ish for everything shipped! what you guys think?
Old 07-23-2012, 01:10 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Looks good Vince!

And for the meet on Sat, I'll be at kdays...

@ricky - I've heard good things about stoptech, around the same price as brakemotive I think.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Vince, what kind of bulb does your fog take? Is it the H11 like on my 4G? I thought about the lexan cover, but was concerned about heat build-up / melting / browning...I'd be really curious to know how that works out for you.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Pro

Also, forgot to mention that I did the CCFL mod late last week. Not the best shot but you get an idea of the cutoff it provides on the ground. While i had the license plate frame assembly off, I wrapped the rear chrome trim above the license plate in glossy CF.

Originally Posted by riicky
^ love the grill! maybe someday i wanna do it and you can help me!
Haha for sure man! Life would be so much easier if you have an electric sander too. Sanding bondo by hand is quite an ordeal.

Originally Posted by myron
looking good man, really good. You are right, you need something on that grill, it really does look naked. So you have any straight on shots of the front?

The 2 bars that are mounted to the radiator I think, you can see them through the grill, maybe you should paint them a different color, make them stand out more. Just a thought
Yeah I was a bit worried about the two diagonal bars when I had the bumper off but it's actually not too visible. It's hard to see from a distance but having it painted in KBP wouldn't hurt either

Originally Posted by EdmTSX
Looks good Vince!

And for the meet on Sat, I'll be at kdays...

@ricky - I've heard good things about stoptech, around the same price as brakemotive I think.
Thanks man! Yeah I'll probably be busy this Saturday too.

Vince, what kind of bulb does your fog take? Is it the H11 like on my 4G? I thought about the lexan cover, but was concerned about heat build-up / melting / browning...I'd be really curious to know how that works out for you.
My fogs are supposed to be H8, although I'm running some H11's right now by accident. I had ordered both 3K and 6K in H8 but was sent the H11 size instead. It took a bit of cutting to get them to fit right but they work fine for me. I'm quite certain there won't be any issues with the heat build-up since a lot of members who have done this mod are running HIDs. I have 35W 6K HIDs in at the moment and have been running this setup for several months. The inner reflective housing is still intact and nothing has been damaged from the heat. If I were using a 55W kit, I would most likely damage my inner housing since it would be too hot. I'll update in a week and let you know if the lexan is still holding up. Drove around in the rain today and no condensation yet

I have a brand new spare set of H11 3K HID bulbs if you're interested in converting to an HID setup. You would have to still buy the ballasts and harness though.
Old 07-23-2012, 09:53 PM
Advanced

v|nsan|ty - damn looks good, really digging that grille mod! keep up that good work
Old 07-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@Silence - Nice pick up!
Thanks, I brought her home last Tuesday and put just shy of 1100Km's on it already! Got a few roadtrips planned for this week and next weekend to Saskatoon and then when I get back I'm going down to Calgary for the illMotion show. Lots of hiway cruising, should be interesting lol.

And here's a pic that my friend Zach shot for me this weekend:

Sorta looking into exhausts, All my friends have loud cars minus me lol.

@v|nsan|ty: Car looks great with the new grill!
Old 07-24-2012, 11:59 AM
Burning Brakes

My fogs are supposed to be H8, although I'm running some H11's right now by accident. I had ordered both 3K and 6K in H8 but was sent the H11 size instead. It took a bit of cutting to get them to fit right but they work fine for me. I'm quite certain there won't be any issues with the heat build-up since a lot of members who have done this mod are running HIDs. I have 35W 6K HIDs in at the moment and have been running this setup for several months. The inner reflective housing is still intact and nothing has been damaged from the heat. If I were using a 55W kit, I would most likely damage my inner housing since it would be too hot. I'll update in a week and let you know if the lexan is still holding up. Drove around in the rain today and no condensation yet

I have a brand new spare set of H11 3K HID bulbs if you're interested in converting to an HID setup. You would have to still buy the ballasts and harness though.
I'll let you know. I've played with the idea of going to LED or HID for the fogs, but haven't given it any serious thought. I had a cracked lens up until a few day ago, and had thought of doing the lexan mod, but was warned against it by the guy at the bodyshop I spoke to. I managed to get a couple of replacement housings from another a-ziner, and so now I've got a "core" I can play with. I may need to seek you out for your technical assistance.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:12 PM
Suzuka Master

@Vincent

yea man, when you get that kit, and a front base lip gets painted, paint those bars too KBP :-P
Old 07-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Pro

looking good vince. So what do you guys think I should do next? Mod bug is hitting me again but I don't know what to get. lol Budget is around 1k.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by iChinese
v|nsan|ty - damn looks good, really digging that grille mod! keep up that good work
Thanks buddy!

Originally Posted by Silence*
Thanks, I brought her home last Tuesday and put just shy of 1100Km's on it already! Got a few roadtrips planned for this week and next weekend to Saskatoon and then when I get back I'm going down to Calgary for the illMotion show. Lots of hiway cruising, should be interesting lol.

And here's a pic that my friend Zach shot for me this weekend:

Sorta looking into exhausts, All my friends have loud cars minus me lol.

@v|nsan|ty: Car looks great with the new grill!
Thanks man! The RSX is looking fresh.

I'll let you know. I've played with the idea of going to LED or HID for the fogs, but haven't given it any serious thought. I had a cracked lens up until a few day ago, and had thought of doing the lexan mod, but was warned against it by the guy at the bodyshop I spoke to. I managed to get a couple of replacement housings from another a-ziner, and so now I've got a "core" I can play with. I may need to seek you out for your technical assistance.
I'm curious, why did someone at the body shop recommend against it? What flaws/risks does the lexan mod carry?

I'm not too sure if you can go LED in the fog light housing and still get full power to them. I prefer HIDs since they're brighter

Sure if you need any help I'll try my best to be of assistance.

@Vincent

yea man, when you get that kit, and a front base lip gets painted, paint those bars too KBP :-P
No doubt man. Now it's a toss up of whether or not I should get the 07-08 a-spec front lip or the 04-06 a-spec front lip. The 07-08 can supposedly be jammed into place with brute force and have an almost flush fitment. The 04-06 lip would have to be custom molded at a shop. I do like how for the 04-06 it has that gray part underneath, would almost certainly wrap that in glossy CF if I were to go that route. That is unless of course I get sick of CF

looking good vince. So what do you guys think I should do next? Mod bug is hitting me again but I don't know what to get. lol Budget is around 1k.
Thanks man. Lol baller alert, baller alert! How about getting aluminum pedals for the interior? It adds a nice touch for something like <$150. Roof spoiler? Don't remember if you ordered that or not. Black out your roof? Customize your headlights? Accord foglight DIY? Radar detector?

Oh I forgot to message you back about the leather treatment. I'd suggest just picking up the Leatherique twins and trying to restore your seats on a weekend. Follow the write-up my buddy wrote and it should be a breeze. Materials will easily cost <$100 to greatly improve the look of them.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Pro

^aluminum pedals, that should be my next mod. I really like the accord foglight diy but I don't want it to later. Just imagine all that hard work and next thing you know it's broken. lol. I'm leaning towards a radar detector too. I have a hook-up right now for a brand new Canadian model 9500ix with escort live for 560. I went to certified radio and they are selling it for 700$ without the live.

AO sells the leatherique right?
Old 07-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Pro

^aluminum pedals, that should be my next mod. I really like the accord foglight diy but I don't want it to later. Just imagine all that hard work and next thing you know it's broken. lol. I'm leaning towards a radar detector too. I have a hook-up right now for a brand new Canadian model 9500ix with escort live for 560. I went to certified radio and they are selling it for 700$ without the live.

AO sells the leatherique right?
Lol if it cracks just buy another lens baller. I remember someone mentioned they can get the accord fogs for about $60 off ebay. Yeah get the radar detector and hardwire it up.

Yeah here is a link to the tutorial : http://forums.780tuners.com/showthre...ication-How-To

Links to the products are included in the thread. For the stiff brush, you could probably pick up something random at Home Depot or even use a toothbrush. Use a foam painter's brush for the application and use a few miscellaneous microfibers to help wipe off.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Suzuka Master

No doubt man. Now it's a toss up of whether or not I should get the 07-08 a-spec front lip or the 04-06 a-spec front lip. The 07-08 can supposedly be jammed into place with brute force and have an almost flush fitment. The 04-06 lip would have to be custom molded at a shop. I do like how for the 04-06 it has that gray part underneath, would almost certainly wrap that in glossy CF if I were to go that route. That is unless of course I get sick of CF
What I would do is get a used beat up front lip, not cracked, just paint messed up, for cheap. You can get those on this site from BM, 04-06, and then get it custom fitted. I think that looks the best. And I wouldn't wrap the gray part, I would paint it black.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:34 AM
Pro

What I would do is get a used beat up front lip, not cracked, just paint messed up, for cheap. You can get those on this site from BM, 04-06, and then get it custom fitted. I think that looks the best. And I wouldn't wrap the gray part, I would paint it black.
Yeah I should definitely do that next summer. Either paint it glossy black or wrap in glossy CF I have an odd obsession with CF. Maybe next summer I'll take the next step and learn how to make real CF with the twill.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:16 AM
Suzuka Master

Yeah I should definitely do that next summer. Either paint it glossy black or wrap in glossy CF I have an odd obsession with CF. Maybe next summer I'll take the next step and learn how to make real CF with the twill.
I was gonna do it this summer, make real CF that is. I watched hours and hours of videos on how to do it. Then I gave up cuz I didn't get a new car, and there is no point in doing any work on my 2G. JBOND made his own sub box out of fiberglass and it's the same principal. Says it's a pain in the ass tho, but results are awesome.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
hey myron i gave the brackets to your buddy i cant wait to see it with the kit on, that car is so low lol
Old 07-26-2012, 12:04 PM
Burning Brakes

.... I managed to get a couple of replacement housings from another a-ziner, and so now I've got a "core" I can play with. I may need to seek you out for your technical assistance....
Now I'm definitely going to have to do this. I just found out my neighbor has acquired an incredibly expensive laser cutter for his home workshop. Found him cutting lexan cubes the other day just to try it out. If I can talk him into it, that would save me a lot of "dremelling".

Last edited by sockpuppet; 07-26-2012 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jbond2099
hey myron i gave the brackets to your buddy i cant wait to see it with the kit on, that car is so low lol
we installed the front yesterday, looks good, it's so low. But the paint doesn't match at all, so he's PISSED. We didn't install the rest of it, he's still thinking if he should or not. That shop fucked him pretty good on price, and now the paint doesn't match at all, it's like it's not the same silver at all, not just a shade or 2 different
Old 07-26-2012, 04:41 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

which shop did he get this done at? I'll keep in mind not to go there to get my stuff painted..
Old 07-27-2012, 12:05 AM
Pro

Now I'm definitely going to have to do this. I just found out my neighbor has acquired an incredibly expensive laser cutter for his home workshop. Found him cutting lexan cubes the other day just to try it out. If I can talk him into it, that would save me a lot of "dremelling".
Very nice! Yeah if he can cut it for you that would ensure an almost perfect OEM fit and no need to do any sanding. It would probably only take a few minutes to do with a machine like that.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Very nice! Yeah if he can cut it for you that would ensure an almost perfect OEM fit and no need to do any sanding. It would probably only take a few minutes to do with a machine like that.
Yeah...I fear I got my hopes up for nothing. I took a look at the spare fog housings, and the glass lens has a bit of a curve to it; I don't think I could sub in a lexan lens after all. The 3G fog must be different, unless there's something you know that I don't.
Old 07-28-2012, 09:52 PM
Burning Brakes

Hey Jeff. In case you were wondering why some guy in a 4G was flashing at you right before you jumped onto Whitemud, I was just introducing myself. With those wheels, and the band-aid, you're easily recognizable.
Old 07-29-2012, 01:47 AM
Pro

Yeah...I fear I got my hopes up for nothing. I took a look at the spare fog housings, and the glass lens has a bit of a curve to it; I don't think I could sub in a lexan lens after all. The 3G fog must be different, unless there's something you know that I don't.
Ouch that sucks. Yeah the 3G lens is perfectly flat. Sorry dude. Has anyone from the 4G forum side done anything to fix their cracked fog light lenses? I'm sure you aren't the only one that has experienced this.
Old 07-30-2012, 11:18 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@socketpuppet - haha when was this? I think I might've saw someone flashing at me but I didn't know it was a 4G haha..
Old 07-31-2012, 12:43 AM
Burning Brakes

@socketpuppet - haha when was this? I think I might've saw someone flashing at me but I didn't know it was a 4G haha..
About 12:30 on Saturday afternoon. You were travelling N on Gateway, and I rolled my window down to wave just as you turned right onto Whitemud.

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's