Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
yea, get a black one! btw, how much are you selling those pulleys?
Old 07-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by edmua6
yea, get a black one! btw, how much are you selling those pulleys?
black one would be on top of the list for sure. They look best in black. And they have the same bolt pattern as porsche, just putting that out there

I will PM you the price.
Old 07-05-2011, 11:45 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
ohh nice. yeah you should get a MDX!

Originally Posted by myron
I am trying to talk my parents into getting an SUV and selling me my 2G TL back. But it's not working really haha So I might get an integra as a beater and then get a new car next summer. I really like the 07+ MDX so that's something I am looking into. Or I might just go with a VW Touareg TDI. It's SUV time for me, I can't get a nice car and then watch it get destroyed in winter. And can't get 2 cars either so SUV is the way to go for me.
Old 07-06-2011, 02:56 AM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
those VW's r nice, and better ride quality then the Porsche version, i know this girl who has a 96 5spd teggie, body is kinda scratched up, paint is VERY faded and burns a lil oil, run very good tho, 240k inside is in good cond, just installed a audio system in it today, she wants to sell it in a few months and said i could get it for a grand! so might use that for a winter car if she does wanna sell it... lol im just gonna keep the tsx as a summer car and dump some money into it, lower it, get a light pulley, and possibly hondata tune it! ordered my new upper control arms/ball joints/tie rods, and need 1 lower control arm maybe i'll get it from a wrecker? unless u guy think thats a bad idea... andddddddd i still wanna carbon fiber the hood, and maybe black out the roof top... any opinions on that?
Old 07-06-2011, 03:26 AM
8th Gear

http://www.nengun.com/tein/super-street

what do you guys think about these? guy is sellin em used for decent price...
Old 07-06-2011, 11:34 AM
Cruisin'

Hey guys,

I have a 2006 acura TL.

Just wondering if any one has had undercoating and or rust protection done on their own vehicle in E-town? Do you think it is even worth it? If so what would be a good shop to get it done at?

Also do you think the 3M tape on the front hood, fenders and side view mirrors is worth getting also? Or does it discolor and warp overtime?

Thanks for you help in advance!

Jattmundazacura
Old 07-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JattMundazAcura
Hey guys,

I have a 2006 acura TL.

Just wondering if any one has had undercoating and or rust protection done on their own vehicle in E-town? Do you think it is even worth it? If so what would be a good shop to get it done at?

Also do you think the 3M tape on the front hood, fenders and side view mirrors is worth getting also? Or does it discolor and warp overtime?

Jattmundazacura
I have an 05 and it's been driven through winters and there is no rust on the bottom. We don't have that much salt on the roads in the winter and it's a pretty dry climate. If you lived in Ontario or around vancouver then yea undercoating would be a thing to do.

And yes unless taken care of the 3m tape will turn yellow over time and be very visible and ugly.
Old 07-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by iChinese
hey guys i got a question, if im looking to buy the oem kit for fog lights on ebay but he only ships to usa, is there a company that ships from usa to canada??
Here's something I came across on 780tuners regarding shipping items.
http://forums.780tuners.com/showthread.php?t=133927

GldCrzy, good stuff, what happened to your fog light project?

Vincent, Myron car looks like it just got out of the dealership, I'm sure he does not want to sell it anymore.
Unfortunately cars out of the dealership aren't always swirl free. As shown in our very first write up, we detailed a is350 that was only a few months old and it had scratches all over the place. It's due to their "dealership prep" which means washing techniques that aren't the safest for the paint.

Originally Posted by tsxsingh
damn the tl looks sick with the black roof! and wiked job vincent!
Thanks Raj!

this is the guy that wanted to trade me his RSX for my TL with a ....... wait for it..................$1000 on top hahaha

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ294852989
LOL he's asking that much for his rsx? Someone is going to be waiting around for a while..

Originally Posted by JattMundazAcura
Hey guys,

I have a 2006 acura TL.

Jattmundazacura
Yes I would agree with Myron. I had 3M/Clear Bra on my hood, front bumper, mirrors, and fenders from the previous owner. I recently stripped it off since I couldn't restore the clarity on it. After removal, I could really see how yellow it had gotten when I placed it against a flat white surface. It protected my paint and kept it relatively chip free but since it wasn't properly maintained, it discolored.

But, with newer films out these days, it's possible to keep them looking crystal clear. It's all about maintaining it and cleaning it properly. I might get 3M redone on my front end before winter starts since the rocks show no mercy.

On another note, here is the latest project from me and my buddy. It's a 1997 Toyota Supra MK4. Definitely a joy to work on. Insanely loud too, but what would you expect from something that pushes out 750HP?

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...8#post13071278
Old 07-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Advanced

v|nsan|ty - thanks for that link

and does anyone have anything about the meet this weekend? is it still happening or not?

Last edited by iChinese; 07-06-2011 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:38 PM
Suzuka Master

v|nsan|ty - thanks for that link

and does anyone have anything about the meet this weekend? is it still happening or not?
what meet? Calgary/Edmonton acurazine meet?
Old 07-06-2011, 08:03 PM
Advanced

^ yeah that meet, i gotta see your car before you sell it haha
Old 07-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Pro

Lol I completely forgot about that meet. I would assume it's not happening since I haven't heard much of anything about it. The weather looks like it's raining all weekend and I already made plans haha.
Old 07-06-2011, 08:30 PM
Pro

I'll be away this weekend for sure..
Old 07-06-2011, 08:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Vincent. Did you get a chance to hook those DRLs up? Man on sunday I went rafting and it was raining so I got sick and I fell out of the boat, got beat up on the rocks, and got an eye infection. I don't know if you noticed when I came to pick up the car but my eye was all swollen. I might be able to help you hook it up this weekend. I was thinking tomorrow but I am going go karting at stratotech. Can't wait to rip that go kart around the track
Old 07-07-2011, 10:17 AM
Suzuka Master

this got me thinking, if any of you guys are interested we can have a go karting day acurazine meet. we need 10 people and it's 100$ for 30 laps. These go karts aren't some pussy go karts like those electric ones at Speeders. If any of you guys are down for that, we should organize something this summer. if we can't get 10 guys from here, bring a friend that's interested. It doens't have to be 10 people exactly, between 10-25 people.
Old 07-07-2011, 10:29 AM
8th Gear

im down! im sure i can get another acura guy too.. which his lazy ass needs to get on the forum as well...
Old 07-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Suzuka Master

^ sweet. I am going today and I will let you know if it's worth it or not. I am sure it is though.

Also the buyer of ym car backed out due to bank problems. Car is still for sale, $15500, need it gone.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:02 PM
I Drive Like A Dick 8≈

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts
Hey guy's, most of you are already talking in the edmonton calgary meet thread but I just wanted to post a reminder to try and get as many people in as possible!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:06 PM
6MT

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
@myron...i am down for go karting but i am busy next weekend so has to be the following weekend...

@nersh7..so there is a edmonton/calgarty acurazine meet this weekend? i dont think anyone knows that...?..:S
Old 07-07-2011, 06:35 PM
Pro

Myron, maybe we can do our photo session next week. And I'm totally down for karting! Just let me know!

Nersh, let's make this meet happen!
Old 07-07-2011, 09:05 PM
I Drive Like A Dick 8≈

Received 79 Likes on 66 Posts
I'm trying to get the meet to happen at the end of the month because this weekend is way to short notice for most people I would assume.
Old 07-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Pro

@Myron - Nope I haven't had the chance to install those DRL's yet. Did you find out how to wire everything up properly? I've been way too busy these past few days with work and detailing the Supra. The worst part of detailing is the post clean-up, such a gong show lol.

Haha okay that explains a lot. When you came to pick up the car me and my buddy thought you had just gotten baked lmao. You seemed a bit out of it This weekend should work for me. I had a detail cancel for this Saturday so I'll finally be able to do my car but hopefully it won't take all weekend.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
@Myron - Nope I haven't had the chance to install those DRL's yet. Did you find out how to wire everything up properly? I've been way too busy these past few days with work and detailing the Supra. The worst part of detailing is the post clean-up, such a gong show lol.

Haha okay that explains a lot. When you came to pick up the car me and my buddy thought you had just gotten baked lmao. You seemed a bit out of it This weekend should work for me. I had a detail cancel for this Saturday so I'll finally be able to do my car but hopefully it won't take all weekend.
haha nah man I had just woken up after a terrible day and I didn't sleep the night before at all. I was so tired and my eye was so fucked that I didn't even go to work the next day. Finally took a look at the car on wednesday haha
Old 07-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Advanced

hey guys, i was wondering do any of you guys have type s side markers with white leds? if so does it look good?
Old 07-10-2011, 01:25 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Myron and Vince do.
I got after market sidemarkers with white led's along side Ricky.

Old 07-10-2011, 04:45 PM
Advanced

thanks darkness, like there no differences between depo and oem right?? and does white led looks good at night?!
Old 07-10-2011, 11:37 PM
8th Gear

anyone know the process of putting new seals on rear set of coil overs?
Old 07-11-2011, 12:25 AM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
thanks darkness, like there no differences between depo and oem right?? and does white led looks good at night?!
Yeah there is a different, the depo ones have a crystal to them(what I have) where as the stock ones with white LED's have more of a solid color to them.

Type-s's have a different connector in the rear for whatever reason so we had to cut mine a bit, but if you have regular TL its plug and play
Old 07-11-2011, 09:46 AM
Suzuka Master

04-05 TLs, anyone wanna trade headlights, mine blacked out for yours stock? Mine seem to get condensation in them when it rains, didn't happen for a while but now it's happening again. If I leave the car in the garage for 30 min the condensation is gone. I don't know why, my guess is, the stuff I used to seal them is absolute shit. All they need now is a good seal, applied to the edge where the lense and housing meet, then heated up and clamped for a day.
Headlights have ZKW-r projector lenses and switchbacks. I don't wanna deal with resealing these so just looking for a straight trade.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
04-05 TLs, anyone wanna trade headlights, mine blacked out for yours stock? Mine seem to get condensation in them when it rains, didn't happen for a while but now it's happening again. If I leave the car in the garage for 30 min the condensation is gone. I don't know why, my guess is, the stuff I used to seal them is absolute shit. All they need now is a good seal, applied to the edge where the lense and housing meet, then heated up and clamped for a day.
Headlights have ZKW-r projector lenses and switchbacks. I don't wanna deal with resealing these so just looking for a straight trade.

weird. i had a lil condensation one day at the bottem of my pass side and next day it was gone and i have yet to have build up again. im wondering if urs needed new rice packets
Old 07-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by GldCrzy
weird. i had a lil condensation one day at the bottem of my pass side and next day it was gone and i have yet to have build up again. im wondering if urs needed new rice packets
haha maybe. I don't really have buildups, it's there for 30 min then it's gone. And it's not too bad either, it's just a little foggy, not really droplets on water like I have seen some cars have. I just don't wanna deal with it since the car is for sale now. And I wasn't having these issues before, but now it seems like that sealant is weakening or something.
Old 07-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Cruisin'

I saw a kinetic blue Type S TL on 50th street today, in the beaumont ellerslie area. Was it any one of you guys lol? It had tinted windows all around...
Old 07-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Pro

@iChinese - Myron and I have LEDS all around for our sidemarkers. Our rears are type-s with red LEDS and the front are stock with white LEDS. For Myron it was straight plug and play for putting the type-s markers into his rear despite his car not being a type-s. The leds definitely add a nice touch to the car. Plus I really don't like amber so switching over to white LEDS was win win.

@Myron - Damn whoever gets your headlights from the straight trade is getting one hell of a deal. Why not keep the switchbacks though?

@JattMundazAcura - Yeah that was probably me. I was in the area for work today.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:20 PM
Pro

Myron, I wish they fit the 06, I will grab them right away

So my RV6 V3 J-Pipe arrived today, I'm thinking of installing it tomorrow.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
@iChinese - Myron and I have LEDS all around for our sidemarkers. Our rears are type-s with red LEDS and the front are stock with white LEDS. For Myron it was straight plug and play for putting the type-s markers into his rear despite his car not being a type-s. The leds definitely add a nice touch to the car. Plus I really don't like amber so switching over to white LEDS was win win.

@Myron - Damn whoever gets your headlights from the straight trade is getting one hell of a deal. Why not keep the switchbacks though?

@JattMundazAcura - Yeah that was probably me. I was in the area for work today.
I don't know man what do switchbacks look like with the orange in the stock headlights? The same as stock I am guessing.

So the guy that was suppose to buy my car this weekend backed out, only to admit 2 days later that he's the one that offered me the automatic rsx for trade with 1000$ on top. I was pissed. The he offered 3200$ and his rsx. I keep saying that need the money and 3000 isn't gonna help a lot but he's trying. He really wants the car tho, so hopefully his car sells so he has cash to get mine.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Myron, I wish they fit the 06, I will grab them right away

So my RV6 V3 J-Pipe arrived today, I'm thinking of installing it tomorrow.
damn man RV6 V3? shit man that's what I wanted to get, GREAT power increase. I bet you can beat a type s now. Good job man, great parts used on your car.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Advanced

darkness - thanks for the info!

v|nsan|ty - thanks man!

edmua6 - you should make a video with your quads and the jpipe, i want to hear the sound of it
Old 07-12-2011, 02:18 AM
8th Gear

if the weekend is nice anyone wanna do a meet on sunday?
Old 07-12-2011, 09:21 AM
Suzuka Master

I am down for a meet this weekend if it's nice
Old 07-12-2011, 11:38 AM
Pro

Myron, I can't wait to get it installed and feel the gain. I read you will feel the gain right away (low end torque). Too bad I can't really do anything about it today because of the rain. I'll probably install it this weekend. And about your car, you can't really find honest buyers these days, they try to lowball you in any way they can. On the other side, at least you know he is really interested. lol

iChinese, I will try to capture a video but I'm pretty sure you will appreciate it more when you hear it in person

Raj, I would be down as long as the sun is out.

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's