Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by GldCrzy
myron- when would you like to do yours? when we do mine id like to have the zkwr installed also. how long did it take you to do yours?
I just talked to a member on this site and he says I might wanna try something else before I go and take the bumper off and deal with all that. So I am gonna give that a try but still might need some help doing it. He suggested I take off the DRL bulb which can be reached from the engine bay, and the turn signal bulb off and vacuuming out the air from the headlights. The moisture will disappear and then I have to put the bulbs back in quick. Condensation is so minimal most people can't even notice it. My GF was calling me crazy and saying "There is nothing there you freak, you love this car too much, something is wrong with you" hahaha But I know it's there. It was actually gone after being parked in the garage for 10 min after driving in the rain for a few hours, but I still wanna do the vacuum thing and I might need help with it.

Oh and it took me 12 hours to do this but I was taking my sweet time and I watched a movie in the middle somewhere. And I drove around for a few hours looking for some signal bulbs, AND had to wait on Canadian Tire to open and give me the freaking nozzle for the spray can I got. Couldn't believe they take those off. So at like 6am I wanted to start spraying the headlights and I open the can and the nozzle is missing. So had to wait till 8am to go grab it from the store. It should not take me that long to do it again. And I know a good faster way to adjust the cut off shield now. The way I did it was a pain in the ass and it took a while.

The biggest thing I was scared about was opening them up, but that turned out to be the easiest part. So when you are free, and got your ZKW-r, we can do this in less than half the time it took me the first time.

Old 05-09-2011, 10:29 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
yea its pretty dumb they take the nozzles off. i forgot about that a couple of time so i got lucky i still had some of my old cans around so i didnt have to go back ...even though i live around the corner lol.

but yea if you want some help i most likely have time this sat to help you and to check out the lights. hopefully this fri i pick up some rims down in calgary...either rota g-forces or some axis i was talkin to some guy about taht i saw in kijiji lol
Old 05-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Suzuka Master

yea its pretty dumb they take the nozzles off. i forgot about that a couple of time so i got lucky i still had some of my old cans around so i didnt have to go back ...even though i live around the corner lol.

but yea if you want some help i most likely have time this sat to help you and to check out the lights. hopefully this fri i pick up some rims down in calgary...either rota g-forces or some axis i was talkin to some guy about taht i saw in kijiji lol
Nice man new wheels? You going with 18s like you said before? Yea we can meet up somewhere for you to check out the lights, I am not sure i wanna vacuum the lights this this saturday. i am gonna see if this comes back first. Maybe take it through a car wash a few times first.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Someone should jump on this

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ278127830

I wish I had the money to get them
Old 05-09-2011, 11:11 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by myron
Someone should jump on this

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ278127830

I wish I had the money to get them

yea i saw those... tempting but soooo far. would that fit with those given spacers?

any sat is good, didnt have to be this sat. its the only day off i have that pretty normal for most guys since i go back to work on a sunday
Old 05-09-2011, 11:44 AM
Suzuka Master

yea i saw those... tempting but soooo far. would that fit with those given spacers?

any sat is good, didnt have to be this sat. its the only day off i have that pretty normal for most guys since i go back to work on a sunday
Yea with rolled fenders that would fit. Maybe running 10mm spacer in the back for a complete flush look. That would be sick
Old 05-09-2011, 12:43 PM
Instructor

Yea with rolled fenders that would fit. Maybe running 10mm spacer in the back for a complete flush look. That would be sick

too much work...too far away lol. i dunno why im even do this much to this car since i bout it primarily to drive in the winter lol
Old 05-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Suzuka Master

too much work...too far away lol. i dunno why im even do this much to this car since i bout it primarily to drive in the winter lol
haha I don't know man, because it looks crazy when done up properly? You got the a-spec kit too right? haha
Old 05-09-2011, 02:49 PM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Myron do you have any left over black paint? I was thinking of wrapping the amber in my headlights with CF and blacking out that chrome strip that runs on the middle of the diffuser.

I'm going crazy waiting for the rest of my supplies to come in. All nice weather this week. I can only hope it comes in this week.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
Myron do you have any left over black paint? I was thinking of wrapping the amber in my headlights with CF and blacking out that chrome strip that runs on the middle of the diffuser.

I'm going crazy waiting for the rest of my supplies to come in. All nice weather this week. I can only hope it comes in this week.
yea I have enough to do the chrome strip for sure. I tried wrapping the sides behind the signal light in CF and I sucked at it so I just painted it black because when I took off the vinyl, all the chrome chipped and it looked like shit.
Old 05-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
good job myron lights look good, im jealous of your lenses lol now i need some night pics of it
Old 05-09-2011, 04:35 PM
Instructor

ps that pic was deffintely taken at the hughes across the street from my house lol
Old 05-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jbond2099
ps that pic was deffintely taken at the hughes across the street from my house lol
on 167th there. I will get some night pics tonight. My headlight covers are so beat up from rocks that it looks absolutely terrible when you look at the headlights. So I am thinking of wet sanding them down, and then polishing them up. but I doubt that will work how bad they are.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:58 PM
Pro

Lol I don't like that Hughes. I swear the water they use is dirty. After I wash it it's still filthy.

I plan on doing a wetsand of my headlights as soon as more stuff arrives. Mine are so pitted from the previous owner I can only hope to get 80-85% of all the marks out. I can only wonder why the previous owner put clear-bra on the bumper and hood but skipped the headlights and fogs.
Old 05-09-2011, 06:03 PM
Pro

So I got bored today and decided to begin wrapping my interior with the CF vinyl wrap I've had sitting in my closet longer than I've owned my car. I know quite a few people just paste it on and let the heat gun do the job. I will most likely be taking apart my interior to wrap each piece so it looks cleaner. I'm just a bit worried with the steering wheel and the air bag since everything I'll be doing is based off of pictures other members has posted. As you can see below, I already made errors on what I thought would be the most simplistic piece to wrap. After doing the shift knob, I realized everything will look much better if all the edges aren't exposed and hidden underneath. The wrap is interesting to work with. If you try to stretch too much, the weave pattern is damaged and that is irreversible. Plus it will feel very smooth to the touch. The only solution, re-wrap.

First try at shift knob

Second try, looks much better
Old 05-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
how come u took the bumper off? i installed mine with it on and my 2 kids watchin me no lie too, the kids thought it was funny since one or the side kept fallin off when i was tryin to install it
Easier to do the top 4 screws from behind the bumper into the lip.
Old 05-09-2011, 10:52 PM
6MT

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
^^@gldcrzy...plus easier to drill holes in bumper then trying to fight with it on.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:02 PM
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
wow. this thread is so alive. lol

Myron, all you need is to wrap your roof!

Vincent, lookin good. what else are you going to wrap?

Ricky, sorry if i wasn't able to help you install your kit.

Sanjay, I saw you driving around terwillegar area twice this weekend.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
v|nsan|ty - looking good!
Old 05-09-2011, 11:48 PM
Pro

I plan on wrapping the trim pieces on the steering wheel, the oem CF pieces, maybe a few other pieces along the center console. I'm thinking about the oem CF door trim and the area above where the map lights are. Doing the car would be a complete pita since I'd have to remove around 20 screws just to take out the trim. For that piece I might just put the wrap on and see how it looks. Steering wheel will also be a pain since I have quite a few things to unscrew and I need to make sure I remount it properly or steering is effed lol.
Old 05-10-2011, 12:17 AM
Advanced

where did you order the Carbon fiber and how much was it?
Old 05-10-2011, 01:07 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by riicky
^^@gldcrzy...plus easier to drill holes in bumper then trying to fight with it on.

i guess i didnt know there were holes to drill i just unbolted the mudflaps the exhaust trim and bolted it on...plus the double sided tape that was included. i think it took me like 20 min tops?

the sides took the longest since i didnt jack the car up and at the same time those push plugs were kinda effed
Old 05-10-2011, 01:10 AM
Instructor

haha I don't know man, because it looks crazy when done up properly? You got the a-spec kit too right? haha

oh yea. complete kit plus tint all around
Old 05-10-2011, 12:39 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by edmua6
wow. this thread is so alive. lol

Myron, all you need is to wrap your roof!

Vincent, lookin good. what else are you going to wrap?

Ricky, sorry if i wasn't able to help you install your kit.

Sanjay, I saw you driving around terwillegar area twice this weekend.
Thats because I live there! Lol. Fuck my life your car looks badass dude, props on the tasteful quality mods. Love the stance.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:15 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by iChinese
where did you order the Carbon fiber and how much was it?
http://www.carbonfiberfilm.com/

I have no idea how much it is shipped to Canada. I got it shipped to my cousin when I went to the states last year.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Instructor

i dont know how i feel about the fake cf stuff
Old 05-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Pro

I think it's neat. Relatively easy to work with and reversible if you ever decide you want to go back to stock. It's an inexpensive way to change up the look of the interior and exterior.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by Darkness.
Thats because I live there! Lol. Fuck my life your car looks badass dude, props on the tasteful quality mods. Love the stance.
thank you!
Old 05-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Advanced

Got to drive my buddies s13 last night, almost a year of no drifting sure has its withdrawls! Looks like I still got it.

Anyone recognise the location? lol

http://youtu.be/MRkKWX95u2o
Old 05-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Pro

hahaha. no comment.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Advanced

hahaah darkness i dont recongize the location, but what you did was pretty sweet!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Darkness.
Got to drive my buddies s13 last night, almost a year of no drifting sure has its withdrawls! Looks like I still got it.

Anyone recognise the location? lol

http://youtu.be/MRkKWX95u2o
haha nice man but I am gonna have to call the cops on you. It's the right thing to do haha

By the way I am still dealing with that retarded mechanic of mine and he still didn't do the timing belt on the car. I am giving him another week, then I am gonna bite the bullet and go to a shop to get it done. Then I can give you back that tool you lent me. Unless you need it right away, just let me know. Also you think you'll have time this weekend to meet up about those side markers? I think Vincent said those LEDs are coming in soon so I wanna check out if I can do that DIY or not.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:59 AM
Advanced

haha nice man but I am gonna have to call the cops on you. It's the right thing to do haha

By the way I am still dealing with that retarded mechanic of mine and he still didn't do the timing belt on the car. I am giving him another week, then I am gonna bite the bullet and go to a shop to get it done. Then I can give you back that tool you lent me. Unless you need it right away, just let me know. Also you think you'll have time this weekend to meet up about those side markers? I think Vincent said those LEDs are coming in soon so I wanna check out if I can do that DIY or not.
Lol Douchebag!!! Nah, im not in any rush to need it back, I havent touched that tool since I did the timing on the TSX two years ago. Yeah I should be free this weekend.
Old 05-11-2011, 11:39 AM
Instructor

how much was that guy of yours gonna charge you for the timing belt? i was gonna have honda do mine and i think they quoted around the 6-700 dollar range with parts
Old 05-11-2011, 11:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
So I got bored today and decided to begin wrapping my interior with the CF vinyl wrap I've had sitting in my closet longer than I've owned my car. I know quite a few people just paste it on and let the heat gun do the job. I will most likely be taking apart my interior to wrap each piece so it looks cleaner. I'm just a bit worried with the steering wheel and the air bag since everything I'll be doing is based off of pictures other members has posted. As you can see below, I already made errors on what I thought would be the most simplistic piece to wrap. After doing the shift knob, I realized everything will look much better if all the edges aren't exposed and hidden underneath. The wrap is interesting to work with. If you try to stretch too much, the weave pattern is damaged and that is irreversible. Plus it will feel very smooth to the touch. The only solution, re-wrap.

First try at shift knob

Second try, looks much better
Good thing you are practicing. I tried wrapping the chrome behind the signal bulb and it didn't work for me. I suck at doing this. So I ripped it off and all the chrome with it. Then I had to paint it haha
Old 05-11-2011, 11:46 AM
Suzuka Master

how much was that guy of yours gonna charge you for the timing belt? i was gonna have honda do mine and i think they quoted around the 6-700 dollar range with parts
I have all the parts already for it. Acura wanted 1200 with parts. And this guy I am not sure what he's gonna ask, 200$ maybe, he's a friend of a friend. But he's fucking with me here so I am starting to think not to wait on his ass to do this and just go to the shop to get it done. Ricky knows a guy who did his belt and he did it for a decent price. Parts included.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Instructor

i did my belt parts included for 505
Old 05-11-2011, 02:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jbond2099
i did my belt parts included for 505
where at? I have all the part I just need someone to do it. And do it for cheap.
Old 05-11-2011, 05:59 PM
Suzuka Master

Did you guys change the water pump as well when you did the timing belt?
Old 05-12-2011, 08:57 PM
Pro

Yeah I might even have to re-wrap the shift knob since a little piece folded and it really bugs me. I'm probably being too anal but I rather have it done properly than half-assed. I'll try to continue wrapping stuff this weekend.

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's