Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2015, 08:19 AM
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
^Hahaha. The thread OGs are back. What's new Myron?
Old 12-15-2015, 10:05 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know where to get a Anthracite Metallic A-Spec kit for a decent price? I made a thread about this a while back but I got no good responses. I called Southview Acura and I assumed it would be like 1,000 to 1,500 painted. The guy told me it would cost like ~6800, which sounds like the biggest rip off ever. I mean if it was a brand new TLX or something, sure why not, but for a 2005 Acura TL its just retarded.

I think it was mentioned on the last page or something, but people have got the entire kit for less than 800. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be great
Old 12-15-2015, 02:05 PM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
Haha I stopped doing mods to the TL a long time ago. Got lazy and stuck with regular maintenance and keeping the paint in top shape. Lol Myron I'm surprised you're still on this forum. Thinking of getting back into an Acura one of these days?

Avneel - A bunch of us got the kit for less than $800 a few years back off of group buys on this forum. That was back when one of the vendors here on acurazine shipped to Canada. As far as I'm aware, he stopped doing that a couple years ago. That was also when the dollar was more on par with the American dollar so the exchange rate wasn't so bad. Most of us grabbed the kits before so I would have no idea where to hunt it down now. You could always see if any other vendors are willing to ship it to you but I really doubt it will be at the group buy price we all got it for.
Old 12-15-2015, 02:19 PM
Cruisin'

well that really sucks. With the dollar this bad I'm probably going to wait a bit and then see. Is there still some people that bring out there TLs to the UC meets or has it died down in the last few year? I recently just bought mine this August so I'm slowing getting into the car scene here in Edmonton
Old 12-16-2015, 12:45 AM
Pro

Hmm I'm not too sure. We used to have acurazine meets but those have died down in recent years.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:37 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by edmua6
^Hahaha. The thread OGs are back. What's new Myron?
Originally Posted by v|nsan|ty
Haha I stopped doing mods to the TL a long time ago. Got lazy and stuck with regular maintenance and keeping the paint in top shape. Lol Myron I'm surprised you're still on this forum. Thinking of getting back into an Acura one of these days?

Avneel - A bunch of us got the kit for less than $800 a few years back off of group buys on this forum. That was back when one of the vendors here on acurazine shipped to Canada. As far as I'm aware, he stopped doing that a couple years ago. That was also when the dollar was more on par with the American dollar so the exchange rate wasn't so bad. Most of us grabbed the kits before so I would have no idea where to hunt it down now. You could always see if any other vendors are willing to ship it to you but I really doubt it will be at the group buy price we all got it for.
haha yea I am still on here. Mostly in the off topic section and car talk, work has been slow so i have time to read about useless crap.

No car for me any time soon, gonna stick with the FX for years to come if it stays reliable as it has been. I put just over 60 000km on it in 2 years, spent 400$ in repairs, 200$ of which was my own fault.
Getting married in January so I am looking for a place to buy and have to pay for the wedding. But the gf likes the MDX so in a few years I might pick up one of those for her.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Avneel
Anyone know where to get a Anthracite Metallic A-Spec kit for a decent price? I made a thread about this a while back but I got no good responses. I called Southview Acura and I assumed it would be like 1,000 to 1,500 painted. The guy told me it would cost like ~6800, which sounds like the biggest rip off ever. I mean if it was a brand new TLX or something, sure why not, but for a 2005 Acura TL its just retarded.

I think it was mentioned on the last page or something, but people have got the entire kit for less than 800. If anyone can shed some light on this it would be great
6800$?!?!?! You can buy a 2005 TL for $6800 hahaha Possibly with a lip kit on it already.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:09 AM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I was quoted $1600 and $2000 from southview and west when I asked 2-3 years back, where the fuck does 6800 come from lol, that sucks man.
The Kits also already come painted straight from Acura, so don't let them BS you about painting the kit.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:49 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by you8myrice
The Kits also already come painted straight from Acura, so don't let them BS you about painting the kit.
I don't doubt this, but how well will the paint on a new kit match a 10 year old car?
Old 12-16-2015, 10:56 AM
Jeff

Received 815 Likes on 726 Posts
avneel you can get the kit from Bruce at Endless RPM.com... He is located in New Jersey, itll prob be around 1500ish after currency conversion, shipping etc.

Also im in Saint John New Brunswick Canada
Old 12-16-2015, 01:46 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

U can try asking Wai from Jasper Autoworks. He worked at West Side Acura for 15 years before opening up his own shop earlier this year which is also located in the west side of the city.

When my TL-S got totalled he quoted me about 1400 painted for a 4G A-Spec kit (he gets all his stuff from West Side Acura btw). So you might be able to get around your ball park price.

He also charges $350 to install the kit if you're interested.
The following users liked this post:
Avneel (12-18-2015)
Old 12-16-2015, 06:19 PM
Cruisin'

I honestly don't even know what to tell you guys, I had the talk with the dude during my first block class(still in high school) and I after the conversation I was completely baffled about what just had happened. It kinda went like "6800 dollars for a A-SPEC Kit on a 2005 Acura?!!? ", and the guy was like "yuppp A-spec buddddy" which was then followed by a

But anyways, I shall try to get ahold of Wai and go on from there I suppose. Thanks for everyones help about this thing. Its sad how I was a few years late on the group buy..
Old 12-16-2015, 09:31 PM
Instructor

I would try calling again or going into one of the dealerships and asking.
theres no way its that much, those parts guys are idiots sometimes.
90% of the time i need to give them the part # or they print out the sheet and i point to which part i want lol

also just install the kit yourself, takes a few hours, super easy stuff
Old 12-18-2015, 12:50 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by myron
haha yea I am still on here. Mostly in the off topic section and car talk, work has been slow so i have time to read about useless crap.

No car for me any time soon, gonna stick with the FX for years to come if it stays reliable as it has been. I put just over 60 000km on it in 2 years, spent 400$ in repairs, 200$ of which was my own fault.
Getting married in January so I am looking for a place to buy and have to pay for the wedding. But the gf likes the MDX so in a few years I might pick up one of those for her.
Jeez you drive around a lot. Do a lot of road trips or visit the mountains a lot?

Oh nice congrats dude! The MDX is a really nice SUV. So many features on the newer models it's impressive.
Old 12-18-2015, 09:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Jeez you drive around a lot. Do a lot of road trips or visit the mountains a lot?

Oh nice congrats dude! The MDX is a really nice SUV. So many features on the newer models it's impressive.
Thanks man
yea I drive alot, mountain trips, calgary trips, and my gf lives out of town so I go see her every weekend
I am looking for a house now so the MDX purchase will have to wait for a bit
Old 12-19-2015, 04:10 PM
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 71 Posts
^Congrats on the wedding and the house! True investments right there!
Old 12-21-2015, 08:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by edmua6
^Congrats on the wedding and the house! True investments right there!
thanks man
Old 12-22-2015, 04:01 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by dctls08
U can try asking Wai from Jasper Autoworks. He worked at West Side Acura for 15 years before opening up his own shop earlier this year which is also located in the west side of the city.

When my TL-S got totalled he quoted me about 1400 painted for a 4G A-Spec kit (he gets all his stuff from West Side Acura btw). So you might be able to get around your ball park price.

He also charges $350 to install the kit if you're interested.
Ok so I just got off the phone with Wai, and the best price at the moment is ~3200, Acura would have to search the entire country and ship the parts that are miss-matched in colour, then you would obviously have to paint, mine being Anthracite Metallic.

Conclusively, If you want the A-Spec kit as of late 2015 in Canada, best place I guess would be from the states. EndlessRPM or Andy's Autosports.
Old 12-22-2015, 11:48 PM
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats dude!

Ok so I just got off the phone with Wai, and the best price at the moment is ~3200, Acura would have to search the entire country and ship the parts that are miss-matched in colour, then you would obviously have to paint, mine being Anthracite Metallic.

Conclusively, If you want the A-Spec kit as of late 2015 in Canada, best place I guess would be from the states. EndlessRPM or Andy's Autosports.
Did Wai quote you the same as Acura? EndlessRPM stopped shipping stuff to Canada for a while, not sure how it is now.

Heeltoe Automotive is where I got my kit as well as my ATLP V2 Quad Exhaust but with the dollar being in the hole right now ordering from the U.S. would be pretty costly.
Old 12-23-2015, 10:44 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by dctls08
Congrats dude!
thanks man
Old 01-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Cruisin'

Anyone know If there is E85 available at the pump somewhere in Edmonton? I assume not
Old 01-01-2016, 09:17 PM
Instructor

winter meet anyone?
Old 01-04-2016, 12:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Anyone know If there is E85 available at the pump somewhere in Edmonton? I assume not
Don't know (sorry), but I'm curious as to why you want it?

Update: Goggle says: https://www.reddit.com/r/Edmonton/co...5_in_edmonton/

Last edited by sockpuppet; 01-04-2016 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by sockpuppet
Don't know (sorry), but I'm curious as to why you want it?

Update: Goggle says: https://www.reddit.com/r/Edmonton/co...5_in_edmonton/
I was just curious as to if we have it or not(at the pump),theres no planned build for running e85 lol

I also looked online and by the barrel seems like the only way right now
Old 01-04-2016, 06:23 PM
Burning Brakes

I was just curious as to if we have it or not(at the pump),theres no planned build for running e85 lol

I also looked online and by the barrel seems like the only way right now
I see. I make a point of filling up at Shell, as I want ethanol-free.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:17 PM

hey guys.... been creeping this forum for awhile... just never came around to making an account until now

i have a black 2G tl-s
which i sadly had 3 separate hit and runs while parked where my front and back bumper were either ripped or cracked right off.... Rear left side door also got pretty banged up but have already replaced as well as tail light cover because it got smashed....
so i decided instead of getting oem parts for it to get a bodykit set

just wondering what everyone's thoughts or ideas were on what bodykit i should get?
as well as the best place to get it done or to order to do it myself
Old 01-07-2016, 12:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 0miyosiw
hey guys.... been creeping this forum for awhile... just never came around to making an account until now

i have a black 2G tl-s
which i sadly had 3 separate hit and runs while parked where my front and back bumper were either ripped or cracked right off.... Rear left side door also got pretty banged up but have already replaced as well as tail light cover because it got smashed....

just wondering what everyone's thoughts or ideas were on what bodykit i should get?
you are crap out of luck as body kits for these cars looks UGLY!!!! Best combo is stock bumpers, and a-spec lip kit. Which is pretty impossible to find since the car has been out of production for 12-13 years now.
I am sure they have replicas out there for cheap, I know some company in Quebec is selling them. Google 2G TL replicas a-spec and maybe something pops up.
Sarona (spl?) makes replica OEM lip kit for your vehicle but it's expensive. That means you will still need your OEM bumpers
The following users liked this post:
you8myrice (01-08-2016)
Old 01-07-2016, 08:35 PM
Cruisin'

i have a black 2G tl-s

When I browsed the forums on my older car, I came across this thread where someone was trying to swap out their base civic motor for an si motor. He got a good lecturing with about ten people saying "why don't you just buy an si?!!"

I am definitely not trying to bash your car, like you said, it did get hit 3 times. You have to decide if it's worth spending that much money on a new body kit and paint when you could have potentially bought another car for the money.

Additionally, also keep in mind that if you're not ordering from Canada, the CAD dollar is like 0.71 USD right now...it's "said" to go up a bit by march, but who really knows...maybe thats when you should buy it?
Old 01-09-2016, 02:07 AM

hey guys... thanks for your inputs.
i actually do have 4G TL in black as well as my 2G TL-S.... So don't really need to buy a new vehicle.....
With how horrible Edmonton drivers are i chose to put my 4G away for the winter and drive my 2G as it still runs perfectly.... other than the 3 hits to the body in the last 2 months lol

im in no rush and have no limit to what i spend on getting the body fixed..

i've have my 2G for a few years, it was my first car so it has somewhat sentimental to me which is why i'd like to fix it up and keep it in somewhat decent shape

although i should say i have found a bodykit back bumper here in edmonton already and have ordered the front bumper and side skirts for the matching bodykit so just waiting for them to arrive...
even if bodykits on 2G look ugly; id rather put one on than try find an OEM bumper which is near impossible
Old 01-11-2016, 09:11 AM
Suzuka Master

hey guys... thanks for your inputs.
i actually do have 4G TL in black as well as my 2G TL-S.... So don't really need to buy a new vehicle.....
With how horrible Edmonton drivers are i chose to put my 4G away for the winter and drive my 2G as it still runs perfectly.... other than the 3 hits to the body in the last 2 months lol

im in no rush and have no limit to what i spend on getting the body fixed..

i've have my 2G for a few years, it was my first car so it has somewhat sentimental to me which is why i'd like to fix it up and keep it in somewhat decent shape

although i should say i have found a bodykit back bumper here in edmonton already and have ordered the front bumper and side skirts for the matching bodykit so just waiting for them to arrive...
even if bodykits on 2G look ugly; id rather put one on than try find an OEM bumper which is near impossible
nice I had a 2g for winter when I had my 3g tl. I still like the 2G, I want to get some for my wife when she starts driving. Now that they have a proven way of fixing the tranny, it's really a great car, and they are cheap now days too!!!

What body kit did you get if you don't mind me asking?
Old 01-11-2016, 08:55 PM
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts
myron how do you fix the tranny
Old 01-12-2016, 09:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by jbond2099
myron how do you fix the tranny
you replace it with a 06-07 V6 accord one. I found some across alberta, from 500-900$ with really low KM and there is a thread in 2G section on what needs to be done. + add some fluids and gaskets and you're good to go.

Also videos on youtube of how to remove and replace the tranny, and the thread tells you what parts need to be swapped over from the TL tranny. It's just a harness or 2 and a filter or something. Guys have done it in their garages with a car jack only and basic tools.

Why do you ask? Looking for a new DD as the 4G is a show car now? haha
Old 01-12-2016, 10:01 PM
Instructor

lol just curious the 4g is all neslted up in the garage getting ready for its face lift lol and the el is still running strong no new dd needed yet lol
Old 01-13-2016, 10:53 AM
Suzuka Master

lol just curious the 4g is all nestled up in the garage getting ready for its face lift lol and the el is still running strong no new dd needed yet lol
you got all the parts for the front swap? Painted and everything?

Dude I am getting married, trying to buy a house and probably won't have a job in a month. I can't afford to put gas in my car let alone to mod it hahahaha
Old 01-13-2016, 12:24 PM
Pro

Dude I am getting married, trying to buy a house and probably won't have a job in a month. I can't afford to put gas in my car let alone to mod it hahahaha
Lol that's so much real life talk. BRUTAL
Old 01-13-2016, 05:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Lol that's so much real life talk. BRUTAL
hahaha real life sucks!!! I wanna live the car forum life where 10 000$ dropped in mods on a car that lost 10 000$ in value is a great financial investment
Old 01-20-2016, 04:48 PM
Instructor

yea this is no investment its a money pit, buuut ive gone so far with it i might aswell keep going
Old 01-20-2016, 06:04 PM
Suzuka Master

yea this is no investment its a money pit, buuut ive gone so far with it i might aswell keep going
yea keep modding it, I will give you a good price when you decide you wanna get the TLX and mod the crap out of that
HAHAHA
Old 01-26-2016, 10:59 AM
10th Gear

Your TL is beautiful man. I've seen it at shows 😍
Old 01-26-2016, 11:00 AM
10th Gear

Springs

Anyone wanna buy Tein S-tech springs? I bought them this summer with intend on lowering but I've decided against it. Its still in the box and never been used. I'll be selling them for 230 OBO, let me know.

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's