Edmonton Acuraziner's

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 11:30 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
@Sejanus - The best would be to go find some dynos people have posted on the forums but K&N CAI for the TSX showed the most gains out of a lot of CAI/SRI available for the TSX. Right now I'm running the CT-Engineering Icebox CAI which is the most reliable CAI for the TSX since it uses a similar setup compared to stock just with a bigger intake box in the engine bay with a tube going down to the bumper so water won't get sucked in and the filter won't get wet that way. I have the AEM SRI as well, only used it for a short period of time because heat soak during summer makes a SRI pretty useless other than making the car look and sound better. IMO the CT-Engineering style CAI is the best, it's not too loud like the open filter CAI like Injen or K&N and good for wet conditions since I drive it through winter as well. But I don't think they make the CT-Engineering intake for the 04-08 TL, only 09+. Arenham has the AEM CAI or SRI I believe, he should give you a better review.

Last edited by EdmTSX; 06-10-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:04 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
@ Jeff - That TL isn't here is it (doesn't look like it)? And I keep forgetting to mention, I always see your car parked at a place just off Calgary Trail. Looks good with the Js diffuser

And thanks Tai, I cleaned up the visors and put them on the car today, they fit great!

Old 06-11-2013, 12:17 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@Jordan - haha nah that TL was spotted in Washington. Thanks! Ya that's my where I work full time haha, me and my friend tend to park in front of the store when we work. Your car is looking good tho! Visors are a nice touch, when are you getting the Mugen lip kit?
Old 06-11-2013, 01:49 AM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
@Sejanus - Yes all the LEDs I bought off ebay are plug and play. For the map and lights in the rear they included 3-4 different end plugs so that they can be used for a variety of connections. I have 15 leds/board and it's definitely overkill. Don't forget to switch out the reverse bulbs too. Makes a huge difference when you look on the navi with the reverse camera.

Follow this link to see which bulbs are which:

http://www.sylvania.com/en-us/applic...s/lrgmain.aspx
Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 PM
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
@EdmTSX - Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated. The search continues, unless Arenham chimes in with the results of his intake.
Would some kind of a hood scoop help with the engine bay heat issue? Or not so much since there's no actual flow through?

@v|nsan|ty - So what kind of an LED did you get? There's so much product it's ridiculous. From Sylvania, the bulbs for the backup lights are T5 sockets. So I was looking and there are so many numbers, it's hard to determine what would give you the best lumens. What kind did you end up getting? 5050, 3020's, etc etc. I just wanna make sure that I get the right product so I don't waste money needlessly (even though it is cheap!). Obviously you want some pretty bright lights when you're backing up (I definitely 'tapped' the bucket of a tractor when I was reversing on a dark night! :/ )

Greatly appreciate all the feedback guys!
Old 06-11-2013, 10:34 PM
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
@Jeff
I seen you like that post on FB hahaha.
I'm under the impression he has everything LOL

@Jordan
Visors are looking good!
still dont know why my gf would want them off haha

Last edited by you8myrice; 06-11-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-11-2013, 11:49 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@Sejnaus - Hood scoops are useful only if you have a top mount intercooler for turbos like WRX/STI/Mazdaspeed3 etc...other than that its like a cosmetic part. Looks kinda weird if you don't have a top mount intercooler of somesort.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:17 AM
7th Gear

So exLED did get back to me. Apparently there isn't a huge amount of interest from the TL community. They suggested just purchasing the kit, and after 10-20 people do purchase, they would refund 35-40%. But apparently we would have to cut some bits of plastic out of the housings in order to get their boards to fit.

Naturally from the feedback I've received from a few of you, there are cheaper and potentially better alternatives currently available. But I figured I would convey what they sent me anyways!
Old 06-12-2013, 05:45 PM
Instructor

so i need to do my brakes soon and dealer wants.... wait for it....
$809 for two new rotors and brakes pads for the front
$320 for two new brake pads and refinish the rear rotors...

with that price, i'm sure i can find some nice rotors for all four, anyone got recommendations ?
Old 06-12-2013, 07:05 PM
7th Gear

@you8myrice - I just replaced my rear rotors and pads for the rears earlier this week. I ended up getting Beck and Arnley rotors and ceramic pads. Was a little hickup at Bumper to Bumper and I ended up with rotors that weren't black hats. But I guess it would have looked odd if the fronts looked rusty. I can always go in and paint them later anyways.
So far so good. Definitely notice the difference when you get new pads. Haven't had any issues with them, so far. They aren't slotted or drilled, which is probably what you are after! Figured I'd just throw my 2 cents in.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:25 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey guys,
New to Edmonton. Have a 07 TL. Just wondering if there any place in Edmonton where I could get some new wheels.

Thankd
Old 06-12-2013, 10:28 PM
6MT

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by you8myrice
so i need to do my brakes soon and dealer wants.... wait for it....
$809 for two new rotors and brakes pads for the front
$320 for two new brake pads and refinish the rear rotors...

with that price, i'm sure i can find some nice rotors for all four, anyone got recommendations ?
I did my brakes all around last summer. I got slotted and drilled rotors with pads. Got an amazing deal from brake motive I think. It came 400ish I think and that was with the shipping. Did some hard braking since I got them and they are holding up pretty dam good. Only thing is that you get a chopping noise with your slowing down cause of the air locked in the slots! IMO its the BEST bang for buck!! ps they look awesome when installed!!

[/quote]

I saw you today morning around 9-10ish on roper and 75 street! :P

Originally Posted by canadaTL2007
Hey guys,
New to Edmonton. Have a 07 TL. Just wondering if there any place in Edmonton where I could get some new wheels.

Thankd
Welcome aboard bro!!

BTW guys I have a pair of 235/35/19 tires. tread is minimum but good if your just beating around the city! I am throwing them out so let me know if anyone wants them!! best part they are FREE!!! shoot me message if your interested!

PS I have a twin, saw WDP TL with black roof, accord fogs and maybe blacked out headlights heading north on 34 street around 8-9 ish today!! Anyone from here own that?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:37 PM
Instructor

@Ricky
yeah, i been looking at those, seem pretty good price and the reviews are mostly positive!
did you install them yourself?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:48 PM
TL Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Sejanus
@you8myrice

I think I recognize that anthracite (?) TL, with the blacked out front grille. He was heading North on 170th near Mayfield, earlier this week. I literally saw 6 TL's within 20 minutes (a bit much really) and his was the only modded one!
Haha that would be me, I work in the west end so I'm always there. I'm the only one with a Greddy Evo2 exhaust so pretty much cant miss me

Plus, well for me personally a CAI is not a massive improvement but it certainly helps and its better then the stock factory system by far. I noticed a fuel economy gain when I installed mine, which is a CAI V1 from AEM.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:22 AM
7th Gear

@ArenHam - lol, you may have noticed me, maybe not. I was turning left at the lights right by the Shell gas station\Timmie's. I had my tunes blazing, but I am sure your car sounds great. One of these days I'll end up getting a full exhaust, but I have so many other priorities right now ~_~
In regards to your CAI, do you drive the car year round? If so I imagine you use a precharger\drycharger?

I live in the West end myself and usually end up around Mayfield\Terra Losa\Callingwood.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:57 AM
Cruisin'

@Jeff - I've been putting it off for a while now. Hopefully sometime soon though!

Originally Posted by riicky
I saw you today morning around 9-10ish on roper and 75 street! :P
Oh really? Sorry I didn't see you, I was a little pissed from sitting in traffic and hadn't had breakfast or coffee yet. Plus I was already late enough for work even with leaving early lol.

Tonight my friend and I grabbed the last 3 rattle cans of matte black plasti dip in all of western Canada (in stores at least). So I started a test project....

Old 06-13-2013, 10:58 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@Jordan - Looks good! Lots of places carry plastidip now, if you ever need more you can check Invision Auto Imports or WheelsPlus haha If my car wasn't black I would either plastidip or vinyl the top haha. How many coats did you do?
Old 06-13-2013, 06:48 PM
Instructor

@Jordan
Any close ups? how did it turn out?!
doesnt look streaky at all from that pic
Old 06-13-2013, 09:38 PM
TL Owner

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Sejanus
@ArenHam - lol, you may have noticed me, maybe not. I was turning left at the lights right by the Shell gas station\Timmie's. I had my tunes blazing, but I am sure your car sounds great. One of these days I'll end up getting a full exhaust, but I have so many other priorities right now ~_~
In regards to your CAI, do you drive the car year round? If so I imagine you use a precharger\drycharger?

I live in the West end myself and usually end up around Mayfield\Terra Losa\Callingwood.
What do you drive again? I'll make sure to keep an eye out for you next time around
Do you mean like a hydro shield? If so then god no, it restricts air flow majorly, and besides you really dont have to worry about water getting into the CAI unless you plan on go off roading into a lake.....
By the way a little update, I'm going to be plasti dipping my entire car matte grey =) gonna happen Monday, I'm kinda stoked
Old 06-13-2013, 11:47 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@Aaron - Nice! Are you doing it yourself or getting those plastidip guys to do it?
Old 06-14-2013, 01:43 AM
Cruisin'

@Jeff - Thanks, I used 1 can on the roof which was 4 coats and a few touch ups as well.

@Tai - I don't have any close ups that turned out, but I have a few touch ups I need to do. The front of the roof is almost perfect, just a few patchy spots on the back where I botched up a touch up. I just need to put on one more layer to smooth it all out.

@Aaron - Nice! Almost the same idea I have, I might go for a matte gun metal grey for the rest of the car. Just this time I'll be using a paint gun for the rest of the car.
Old 06-14-2013, 01:59 AM
6MT

Originally Posted by you8myrice
@Ricky
yeah, i been looking at those, seem pretty good price and the reviews are mostly positive!
did you install them yourself?
Ya I got no complains yet, and yes I did them by myself, also did the parking brake shoes.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:03 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
spotted white TL base with aspec and i believe rv6 quads and black wheels @ west side acura this morning
Old 06-14-2013, 03:46 PM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@Jordan - nice! I kinda want to plastidip my car maybe matte white and leave the top black but don't really want to do it myself, maybe you could do mine one day since you got a paint gun hahaha :P
Old 06-15-2013, 01:45 AM
6MT

Originally Posted by odishaw
spotted white TL base with aspec and i believe rv6 quads and black wheels @ west side acura this morning
Pretty sure that's Arthur's old car!

So nothing happened with the meet? lol
Old 06-15-2013, 04:31 PM
Instructor

spotted this on the westside, aspec, lowered, exhaust, roof spoiler one of those big ones, not the bmw one

Old 06-15-2013, 11:25 PM
6MT

anyone done seafoam on the TL or anything cars? I am thinking of changing my plugs and doing a seafoam before that...
Old 06-16-2013, 03:16 AM
Cruisin'

@Riicky - I've seafoamed a few cars & have had great results every time. I use 1/3 or the can in the vacuum line, 1/3 in the oil & 1/3 in the gas tank. When its going in the vacuum line you can do it one of two ways; Let it stall out or almost stall it and shut the car off yourself. Then let it sit for about 10 mins or so. On start up it'll be a little rough and might take a while, but once it does feel free to rev it and go for a hard rip up the street a few times till the smoke stops coming out. Then drive for a bit and change the oil (within ~200Km's of seafoam). Any more questions lmk haha.

Went and saw Superman the other day and spotted this:

Annnnnnd I played with some more plasti dip today. I picked up a can of "smoke" dip and tinted my tail lightsand my friends FRS Tails. Then my friends proceeded to waste a whole can on my spoiler trying a few things before settling on what I wanted. I also touched up my roof with 2 more coats of black and 2 smoked layers to smooth things out. Its fun experimenting with this stuff! Im hoping to have a final design and color scheme/coat on the car before the illmotion Sunday school show in August.

Last edited by Silence*; 06-16-2013 at 03:19 AM.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:55 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

@Jordan - Hmm interesting looking NSX lol. Whens that meet in August?
Old 06-16-2013, 11:00 PM
Cruisin'

Its August 18. Not many details out just yet, but they will be soon.

If anyone has a line or knows of a place I can get my hands on a C West front bumper for my car please LMK! Decided to go for a more aggressive look than what a lip can give me now...
Old 06-17-2013, 05:38 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

not sure where to get c-west in edmonton but I think VIS racing makes a replica and you could order VIS from a few local places
Old 06-17-2013, 10:39 AM
7th Gear

Originally Posted by ArenHam
What do you drive again? I'll make sure to keep an eye out for you next time around
Do you mean like a hydro shield? If so then god no, it restricts air flow majorly, and besides you really dont have to worry about water getting into the CAI unless you plan on go off roading into a lake.....
By the way a little update, I'm going to be plasti dipping my entire car matte grey =) gonna happen Monday, I'm kinda stoked
I drive an ASM TL Type-S, tinted rear windows, no mods as of yet. Hoping to change that in the coming years though!

I was pretty worried when I was heading up to Fort McMurray this past weekend. Low and behold there was zero water crossing the highway. Only noticed the evidence on the way back home. I was slightly disappointed. Didn't take my car, just in case!

Were you getting dipped by custom creations? Running you $900 ish?
Old 06-17-2013, 05:30 PM
3rd Gear

Looking for new rims.
Any idea whether Edmonton roads are suitable for 18" or 19" wheels.

Thx
Old 06-18-2013, 12:46 AM
Pro

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts
@Sejanus - I got something along these lines for my reverse bulbs: http://www.jlclightings.com/CREE-5W-...p/cr-39008.htm
Apparently v-leds has better bulbs at the moment that disperse the light better. With the cree bulbs, they are more focused beams that are very distinguished.

@Ricky - Yes I've done seafoam on my car probably 2 years back. I went to an empty field and let it sit for about 15 minutes before turning the car on. Created a huge cloud of smoke with revving. Probably not the best thing to do in a residential area.

@Jordan - That spoiler on spoiler action is questionable to say the least.

@canadaTL2007 - Edmonton roads are fine for 18-19" wheels. Plenty of vehicles come stock at that size. Unless you're planning to run a really skinny tire, just try to avoid potholes and your wheels will be fine. There are numerous shops in Edmonton that sell wheels. Really depends on which manufacturer you're looking for. Invision sells wheels along with Avant Garde. There's always ordering online as well.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:22 PM
3rd Gear

Thanks v|nsan|ty
Old 06-20-2013, 08:21 PM
Instructor

hey Vince,
did you ever order your 3M wrap yet?
Old 06-21-2013, 12:00 AM
04 NBP 6MT TSX

Anyone going to the Edmonton Summer Fest in south common this sunday?
Old 06-21-2013, 05:22 PM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Finally lowered!!! =P I can come out to meet snow that I'm not ashamed! lol
Old 06-21-2013, 08:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sumo_ilx

Finally lowered!!! =P I can come out to meet snow that I'm not ashamed! lol
cant see pic w/o signing up for ilx forum.
Old 06-22-2013, 12:45 AM
Intermediate

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
opps!
Attached here.
Attached Thumbnails Edmonton Acuraziner's-ilx.jpg  

Quick Reply: Edmonton Acuraziner's