Zaino and water spots. Is it safe?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2001, 04:18 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Zaino and water spots. Is it safe?

Someone said they got water damaged paint after using the Zaino.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Any info would be great!

[This message has been edited by EricL (edited 01-24-2001).]
Old 01-24-2001, 12:09 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
There were like 3 or 4 of us who had big problems with water spots after using Zaino.

It may not be because of a problem with Zaino... but more of the fact that Zaino is difficult to use (in my opinion) and maybe we werent doing something right.

But I really thought I did everything right... so I dont know why I got spots.

Oh well... my CL-S looks like its wild kingdom sibling now... the cheetah

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Old 01-24-2001, 02:14 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personally, I've found that good rinsing (low flow at an oblique angle - hold hose w/o nozzle as parallel to surface as possible) and then using WaterBlade has made water spots a thing of the past for me. And that's on black! I do Z6 the car after drying, and the latest formulation of Z6 is more effective on water spots. But they can be a bitch, no question.

------------------
when you're ready to succeed!
Old 01-24-2001, 04:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by volsfan0911:
Personally, I've found that good rinsing (low flow at an oblique angle - hold hose w/o nozzle as parallel to surface as possible) and then using WaterBlade has made water spots a thing of the past for me. And that's on black! I do Z6 the car after drying, and the latest formulation of Z6 is more effective on water spots. But they can be a bitch, no question.

</font>
Are you referring to the "California Water Blade?"

I thought that the problem that Soopa (and others) were talking about concerned spots that didn't go away. I had some sprinklers hit my previous car (must have been recycled water of the worst kind) *and* I just managed to get the spots out of the paint. But the spoiler always had a light impression where the spots were. (You could see the spots under Mercury Lamps at night).

Hope all you guys are talking about is having to do a great clean *and* not some kind of restoration job...

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl-S w/ Navi.
Mud Guards.
Wheel locks
Toyo 235/45ZR17-97W*
T1S Proxies on Stock 17" CLS wheels
Gtech 1/8th tank 40F ~=6.1
Old 01-25-2001, 12:19 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:
Are you referring to the "California Water Blade?"

I thought that the problem that Soopa (and others) were talking about concerned spots that didn't go away. I had some sprinklers hit my previous car (must have been recycled water of the worst kind) *and* I just managed to get the spots out of the paint. But the spoiler always had a light impression where the spots were. (You could see the spots under Mercury Lamps at night).

Hope all you guys are talking about is having to do a great clean *and* not some kind of restoration job...
</font>
My particular spots are a result of the Summer rain up here.

They cannt be removed without aggressive tactics... I tried hand abrasives and compounds and everything... nothing removes them.

Im gonna try to find a detailer... but I have trouble finding one that I can trust enough to have them give me a recomendation on what to do on my otherwise wonderful paint condition (no scratches).

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow Fog Lights
Aftermarket Black Wood Trim Kit
Old 01-25-2001, 12:48 PM
Adult Supervision

Wow. And I thought Zainos was untouchable!Maybe try Meguiars...

I couldn't resist!

------------------
CL-S #22,299 Black/Parchment/Nav, spoiler, door & fender guards, wood trim, PIAA 19169 & 9005, V1 w/remote, trunk & winter mats, Road Salt Finish by Mass DOT, only 1 scratched rim
Old 01-26-2001, 02:51 PM
Instructor

Has anyone tried plastic-wrapping your CL?
You could get that stuff that shrinks when you hit it with a hair dryer. Should hold up well, and you can change it easily!

I have only used Zaino for the last 6 months. My last (3rd) coat went on about 3 months ago just before the winter. With the cold/snow/salt/ect I only wash the car once every 3-6 weeks. No problems at all, Zaino is holding up.

During the summer, I also don't wash after every rain. I just let the spots sit and bake until the weekend. Even after about 10 days of baking rain spots, everything just wipes off with a normal wash.

------------------
Silver CL type S, upgraded cupholder, PIAA-19169, 3 coats Zaino and a pinch of salt