Zaino water beads last 4ever and leave dirt behind?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 02:18 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino water beads last 4ever and leave dirt behind?

I did the zaino process on my car a couple of weeks ago, and it still looks and feels great... took me 8 hrs tho... but im a newbie to the whole wax and wash process...

I have a question and i was wondering if anyone had similiar experiences...
When it rains, zaino gives me some greaat beading action, weird thing is, that they take so long to dry, everyone else's car on the block will be completely dried and those water beads will still be on my car.

I feel like i should go dry it off, but the rain deposits ALOT of dirt here and im scared im gonna jsut end up scratching the paint. I also dont like to leave all those water beads there because they do hols all that deposited dirt on the paint.

Its quite a conundrum. leave the beads and let the dirty deposits sit, wipe them off and risk scratching the paint or simply jsut smearing the dirt around...

what to do what to do.......... any advice???
Old 07-28-2005, 02:34 PM
10th Gear

I've noticed the same thing, but with respect to Klasse SG. It looks great freshly cleaned, but seems to pick up dust, pollen, water marks, etc... really easily. What works well for me is to top off the glaze with a good carnuba. It poored here last night and my car still looks pretty good (I wasn't driving during the rain, my car was parked). BUT...If I just had the Klasse SG on, it would be riddled with so many visably water marks that I would at the very least have to go over it with a QD spray.

IMO a good carnuba will help your problem.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:16 PM
Instructor

How about this.... after it finishes raining, either go out for a drive to blow the droplets off.... or break out the garden hose, rinse it off THEN dry it??
Old 07-28-2005, 11:41 PM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
who the fuck has 8 hours to clean their car???
Old 07-28-2005, 11:57 PM
B A N N E D

i do i use meguire's gold with tech wax to top it off then it carnuba car looks like red glass I love waxing my baby
Old 07-29-2005, 01:20 PM
Burning Brakes

There are a few things you can do. Easiest thing is to take the car for a spin and have the water roll off.
Depending on how severe the dirt is, I will wipe it off with a QD or a product like Poorboy's Spray and wipe and a MF towel. You are correct, there is a potential of scratching the paint if you were to dry it off. So you have to be careful.
The best solution IMO, is to wash the car. I wash my car weekly. Frequent car washing will help keep the Zaino up.

Don't feel bad about the 8 hours. I'll gladly spend 14 hours on a weekend to do an overhaul.
Old 07-29-2005, 07:42 PM
Life's a beach

Originally Posted by yunginTL
who the fuck has 8 hours to clean their car???
You're 17, you ought to have enough time. Do it now while you still can, before you're working 50 hours a week and have a wife and kids.

It took me about 8 hours for the initial Zaino process, mostly because I was being really careful about doing it right and I kept reading and re-reading the instructions. Subsequent Zaino coats won't take nearly as long, especially with the ZFX accelerator.

I've only had the water spot problem once, but I just took the car for a spin on the freeway and got rid of most of it. Not a big problem IMO.

And yes, I'm sold too. Poly > Carnauba. (Reference to another thread...)
Old 07-29-2005, 09:42 PM
trill recognize trill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Winterwaves
You're 17, you ought to have enough time. Do it now while you still can, before you're working 50 hours a week and have a wife and kids.

It took me about 8 hours for the initial Zaino process, mostly because I was being really careful about doing it right and I kept reading and re-reading the instructions. Subsequent Zaino coats won't take nearly as long, especially with the ZFX accelerator.

I've only had the water spot problem once, but I just took the car for a spin on the freeway and got rid of most of it. Not a big problem IMO.

And yes, I'm sold too. Poly > Carnauba. (Reference to another thread...)
i guess ur right, now is the only time i can. Before i had school and i was workin 40hrs a week, didn't have time for shit. Now i'm havin fun just chillin, but still I don't think id be dedicated to my car for 8 hours, maybe 4 at the most. haha
Old 07-30-2005, 12:02 AM
Life's a beach

Yeah, about halfway through I was thinking, "Geeze, this better be worth it." Luckily it was. My car looks great.