NRWS - Seriously...get it!

Old 04-05-2008, 01:08 PM
TSX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NRWS - Seriously...get it!

I was a little apprehensive about using NRWS. Even though there were tons of reviews here and on the net claiming it superior cleaning abilities without use of a hose, I still wasn't sold. Just a couple caps of the concentration in a couple of gallons of water was going to clean my car? No way!

Days went past and the Washington DC weather took its tolls. My car, a SSM TSX, looked dull and obviously dirty. I took my car to spray washes at 4 bucks for 5 mins. It still didn't do the job of what a bucket and mitt would do. It still looked damn pathetic

I couldn't stand it anymore. I proceeded to purchase Optimum NRWS and a 1 gallon sprayer. It came in yesterday. Though it's going to rain today, I really wanted to see what it could do.

I just finished using it and with no more than 2 gallons of water, 1 bucket, a sprayer, and a microfiber towel, my car is looking fantastic. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to clean and just wipe off. No more hoses!

This is especially great for those, like me who live in condo and apartment complexes. I highly recommend this to everyone and it's environmentally friendly and it helps conserve water.

Kudos for Optimum and props for Patrick for pushing this product. It's definitely a must have!

Rating - 10/10
Old 04-05-2008, 01:43 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Im ecstatic you approve! Your testimonial will make front page on my website.
Old 04-05-2008, 03:37 PM
08' WDP Type S

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So how does this work exactly?
Old 04-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Something like this..........
Old 04-05-2008, 09:13 PM
2016 E350 Sport

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Welcome to the NRWS team!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:40 PM
TSX

I took a quick snap. It looks so much better in person

Old 04-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Staggered 1st Gen

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
so no one has ever had a problem with micromarring or scratching using ONR with a single bucket and a microfiber mit?

I'm sooo tempted to try this stuff out
Old 04-06-2008, 11:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Flip, common sense prevails with this type of product. Its not for real dirty surfaces. Its best used as a maintenance wash article. Several snow/ice storms and your probably better off addressing it more conventionally. But for the car care enthusiasts, who like to keep their car cleaned on a weekly basis, which isn't exposed to severe elements, its a life blessing, as well as being eco friendly. Also if your in an area with water restrictions, it cant be beat.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:09 AM
08' WDP Type S

Originally Posted by exceldetail
Flip, common sense prevails with this type of product. Its not for real dirty surfaces. Its best used as a maintenance wash article. Several snow/ice storms and your probably better off addressing it more conventionally. But for the car care enthusiasts, who like to keep their car cleaned on a weekly basis, which isn't exposed to severe elements, its a life blessing, as well as being eco friendly. Also if your in an area with water restrictions, it cant be beat.
Ahhh Now I get it. So for an initial wash with lots of road grime, I'll get a wash mitt and use my NXT. But this may definitely come in handy in the summer when it isn't overly dirty. I will probably order this soon!
Old 04-07-2008, 02:47 AM
Cruisin'

I say Get it! i used it for the first time this weekend and was like... damn it really works.

before

after

you can see it works
Old 04-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,406 Likes on 3,018 Posts
Wow looks great. I will have to look into this after some serious attention to both my whips paint jobs
Old 04-13-2008, 02:45 PM
Shogun Assassin

I used my NRWS for the first time today and I was surprised just how well it worked. I kept checking my MF waffle weave towel for dirt after wiping each panel and it stayed clean. I think I'm going to use more NRWS as this time I only used 2 capfuls (1 oz) in about 1.5 gallons of water. The dirtiest part of my car is always the around the side moldings and the bottom of the doors.

BTW, I found the consistency of the NRWS to be somewhat watery. Is this normal?
Old 04-13-2008, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Savio
I was a little apprehensive about using NRWS. Even though there were tons of reviews here and on the net claiming it superior cleaning abilities without use of a hose, I still wasn't sold. Just a couple caps of the concentration in a couple of gallons of water was going to clean my car? No way!

Days went past and the Washington DC weather took its tolls. My car, a SSM TSX, looked dull and obviously dirty. I took my car to spray washes at 4 bucks for 5 mins. It still didn't do the job of what a bucket and mitt would do. It still looked damn pathetic

I couldn't stand it anymore. I proceeded to purchase Optimum NRWS and a 1 gallon sprayer. It came in yesterday. Though it's going to rain today, I really wanted to see what it could do.

I just finished using it and with no more than 2 gallons of water, 1 bucket, a sprayer, and a microfiber towel, my car is looking fantastic. You wouldn't believe how easy it is to clean and just wipe off. No more hoses!

This is especially great for those, like me who live in condo and apartment complexes. I highly recommend this to everyone and it's environmentally friendly and it helps conserve water.

Kudos for Optimum and props for Patrick for pushing this product. It's definitely a must have!

Rating - 10/10
For future reference, this product is often referred to as "ONR" or Optimum No Rinse. Took me a minute to grasp which product you were referring to.