Lusso car care products?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2003 | 11:33 AM
Racer

Lusso car care products?

Has anyone ever used the Lusso brand wax?
Old 05-29-2003 | 12:36 PM
The Fast and Luxurious

yes.. I have a post about it under all these topics in detailing.

I only use lusso products.

www.lusso.com
Old 05-29-2003 | 01:41 PM
Black is a ***** to Clean

Nothing beats zaino! Lusso FYI is a still a carnauba wax unlike synthetic zaino
Old 05-29-2003 | 09:16 PM
Banned

im' gonna go against the grain here...and probably gonna get some flamin...but im' gonna go on the record and say....Zaino sucks.
Old 05-29-2003 | 10:12 PM

If you have good support for that claim you might not get as flamed, but that of course is doubtful when we talk about Zaino here.

I don't even think you have first hand experience with the stuff to have any credibility!

I believe your the member who heads a car wash correct?
That pretty much sums it there! I doubt any one would bother with synthetics at a place like that! More time involved and obviously higher cost!

Even outside the wash business, only truely professional detailing companies realize how synthetics pay off with hard work! Unfortuantly Zaino is very unknown in today's market (ie..you and your buddies won't find it @ pepboys!) so many people "new" to this advanced area of detailing are too quite to criticize! My two cents.......viva la Zaino....
Old 05-29-2003 | 10:19 PM
Banned

yea im' the one that runs a car wash...but, i DID try zaino, i asked around a bit, and someone had some they used, didnt really like, and put in the closet...so i gave the pepsi , i mean, zaino challenge...i mean, its pretty much like most other car products, i mean, the shine is the same as the poly-wetcoat that i use on my car, but i cant really say on the protection and longevity issues yet...the only reason i said it sucks is that the price seems to high and the effort too much to get a result that i can get from cheaper and quicker products, where the results are basically the same.....i mean, car products are basically all the same, to a degree, and do the same thing, just packaged and advertised differently....its like water...u can have tap water, bottled water, aquafina, whatever, in the end, u're still drinking water....the only reason i said zaino sucks is well....i wanted to get some responses, its been slow on here lately lol....
Old 05-29-2003 | 10:24 PM
Senior Moderator

AgentDSS,

Don't waste your time with this troll. He works at a car wash. Have you ever seen the damage those idiots do there.

Hey Katana18,

Check out a forum called http://www.autopia.org/

Maybe you'll learn something.
Old 05-29-2003 | 10:30 PM
Banned

hey nsxnext, hows the car care coming, u still putting vinegar with acetic ACID on your paint, or whatever u were talking about, and no, i dont need to learn anything, i think 8 yrs experience is enough, i mean, u can always learn more, but im' not gonna take any advice from a guy that washes his car with dishsoap and vinegar!
Old 05-29-2003 | 10:34 PM

Ouch he pulled Autopia on yea...I know it's rough Katana

I really can't post there as an expert...the knowledge there overwhelms my brain and my wallet!

I have been reading you initial flame thread of Zaino......you seem to believe Dawn is the source of all evils.

It's purpose it take strip off any shit carnauba that got on my car when my mom took the car to local wash who sprayed it on in the wet, which by the way is the poorest way to apply wax that you want to last more than a week!

Please don't compare Zaino to "the rest" saying they all do the same, it's just ignorant

ALSO: Just because you have worked in the "business" for 8 years does not necessarily mean you were taught right about it!

I've only been detailing for a year and already I can tell what's right and wrong in this field.
Old 05-29-2003 | 10:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Sorry I doubted you car washing experience.

So, do you do the windows or do you run the vacuum?....oh no wait I know, you spray the wheel cleaner on the tires. Dumbass
Old 05-29-2003 | 10:39 PM
Banned

agent, i dont have anything against zaino, its just not my style, and yes, lol, i do believe dishwashing soap is devil (or so my momma says)...nah but seriously, anything dishwashing is not made for the car surface, its way too rough and takes too many vital chemicals out of the clearcoat, like i said in my earlier thread, theres a reason dishwashing soap is not on any car wash aisle. and also, the main reason i doubt zaino to some extent is that the guys from zaino say its perfectly safe to use on a car, but if u perfom a simple search and do a little research, u can easily find a million reasons / people on why not to use dishwash soap on a vehicle, theres a million car wash soaps out there, why would u want to use anything else....and yea, spray on wax does suck, it does well....absolutely nothing except shine it a little that day
Old 05-29-2003 | 10:46 PM

Dawn is not in the car wash aisle in some Pep Boys store because IT STRIPS EVERY WAX OUT THERE except of course true synthetics!

As for "damage" caused by Dawn, my car has never blinged a shine as much now than the day I got it. I've only dawned once to get off the dealer prep shit and my paint is stunning. The only negative of Dawn besides using it EVERY wash like a dumbass is that it leaves a film after drying. This is easily fixed by a followup of a regular cash wash soap.

You wouldn't have to bother with some shit spray on wax if you had Zaino man, it would be blingin 24-7. Contrary to what most people think, Zaino cannot be easily removed as it's chemically bonded to your clearcoat!
Old 05-29-2003 | 10:47 PM
Banned

also nsxnext, since u doubt my experience, i ll bet u that my car, being a 97, still looks a million times better than your car, if you have any doubts, talk to katies99cl, or jamolie, or djz, they've all seen and felt my car, and thats using regular car wash products....and agent, u're right, even though i've been doing this 8 yrs, i MIGHT not have been trained right, but i was, i was trained by a guy who had detailed for 20 yrs, and have attented countless seminars throughout the years to further get better at it, and of course, practiced different methods...i dont want to seem like i am getting into an argument with you guys, we all have different opinions and what works and what doesnt, but if i see something that i know is wrong , i.e (dishwash soap/ vinegar), of course im' gonna comment on it, because i wouldnt want anything bad to happen to your vehicles, we're all here to help each other out, not argue constantly...i only want to share and help you guys out, i've detailed everything from a kia to a lamborghini, had customers like Tim Raines, Chris Tucker, Dante Bichette, etc....so again, i dont want to argue with anybody, but i do know my stuff, i would never tell any of the wrong, or bad, advice.
Old 05-29-2003 | 10:52 PM

Just because it looks and feels nice does not mean it's superior to a synthetic like Zaino. I admit some carnaubas can SHINE like zaino, but don't expect to it last! I doubt some of your friends can tell that by "looking and touching" your car. Hell, if it didn't feel smooth like butter I would say you DIDN'T wax your car right! Also famous people typically know JACK about this stuff except that "shine = good job and $$". Hey, I bet you could make a crapload from them when they return each month or so asking for "more shiny paint!"

But yea, we shouldn't argue..after all we are A-CL owners...right? I'm done peace
Old 05-30-2003 | 02:41 AM
Mazda3 and Honda Civic in

Im just sitting here watching the show