Notices
Third Generation TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Top Speed of stock 07 TL type-s 5at is 132-133mph

 
Old 05-20-2008, 11:39 PM
  #241  
Banned
 
kosstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 29
Posts: 964
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don if i show that my car has a higher MPH than yours what does that mean.. Your car is a DUD or ACura is effing up on every other car?
kosstick is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 08:44 AM
  #242  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kosstick
Don if i show that my car has a higher MPH than yours what does that mean.. Your car is a DUD or ACura is effing up on every other car?
It proves nothing to me. Honestly until you do your claims means nothing. That also means you are saying the other 4 or 5 people who have spoke up have a dud too. Honestly I believe you never hit 140mph. In fact if anything you were probably embellishing to impress your passenger and everyone else. I know its hard to retract something you say when its not true when you've spoke it as gospel.

So yea either my car and everyone else except you with an 07-08 tls 5at has a dud or someone is full of crap. So yes why don't you show me. See the thing is the 4 or 5 people who have said its limited to 134mph have nothing to gain or lose. But you on the other hand who has claimed to hit 140mph+ in their 07-08 tls 5at would have something to lose and gain. So yes again why don't you show me.

D
don5504 is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 08:52 AM
  #243  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Now certainly it may be possible with an aftermarket solution like the HKS SLD or the Apexi RSM but if you are stock with only bolt ons then yes I am calling shenanigans on your claim of 140mph+.

D
don5504 is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 10:03 AM
  #244  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
don5504 is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 10:26 AM
  #245  
........
iTrader: (1)
 
dan.....k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 40
Posts: 1,278
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ex2k4
You wouldn't happen to have a black TL-S with exhaust, drove on 400 going northbound on Sunday around 8PM?

This one TL-S FLEW by me on 400 north literally FLYING pass me. It had to be going well over 100. It had an exhaust that sounded crazy. Although I think it was reckless, it sounded amazing.
That was me. My plane arrived late and my dog needed his heart meds asap. I don't usually drive like that. Sorry to hijack the thread.
dan.....k is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 11:13 AM
  #246  
Registered Member
 
jokerunm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 151
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kosstick
Don if i show that my car has a higher MPH than yours what does that mean.. Your car is a DUD or ACura is effing up on every other car?
Why would Acura be "effing" up everyone else's car? What if, everyones AUTO TYPE-S is liimited at 134 and yours is special some how? How would that be....maybe magic?
jokerunm is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 01:39 PM
  #247  
Banned
 
kosstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 29
Posts: 964
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was joking about that but Don sounds like a complete prick.. Ya i guess if i tell my passenger im going 140 itll impressive him, because if i only tell him im going 134 I would look like a loser..
kosstick is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 01:49 PM
  #248  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 10,497
Received 273 Likes on 158 Posts
Cool

^^^ Immature post above...

Why is everyone missing the point that Don is making? This has been going on for too long already, this is suppose to be a simple thread...if you have experienced speeds 135+ mph and you fit the description (see thread title), then please post.

For all other BS and personal opinions, shove 'em deep! Almost every other thread on 3G TL forum results in bashing of some sort.... Simple questions require simple answers.

PS I don't know why I'm getting frustrated, this just reminds me of reading an avsforum the other day on how to calibrate my XBR TVs, there were 50 pages of BS, and 3 posts of actual information on the topic.
TeknoKing is offline  
Old 05-21-2008, 02:09 PM
  #249  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kosstick
I was joking about that but Don sounds like a complete prick.. Ya i guess if i tell my passenger im going 140 itll impressive him, because if i only tell him im going 134 I would look like a loser..
No looking like a loser would be telling everyone on here that you did 140+ mph when everyone else pretty much knows better unless you found a solution for the 134mph speed limiter.

Simple fact is you never did that speed but don't want to have to say you were stretching the truth. But see what you don't get is that would actually be the best thing you could do. People like myself who know better wouldn't think you are so full of it as you are. In fact my respect for you would grow dramatically if that were to happen. See there are these things called facts that I deal with and if the facts are upsetting you shouldn't deal with me.

Now back to the topic at hand. I really think I am going to purchase the Apexi RSM and give it a try. If it was able to be used on that RL I am almost sure it can be used for us. If nothing else it'll be a performance meter so it wouldn't be a complete waste if it doesn't work.

BTW is prick your way of saying I'm too honest? If so thanks.

D
don5504 is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 12:39 AM
  #250  
Banned
 
kosstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 29
Posts: 964
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TeknoKing
^^^ Immature post above...

Why is everyone missing the point that Don is making? This has been going on for too long already, this is suppose to be a simple thread...if you have experienced speeds 135+ mph and you fit the description (see thread title), then please post.

For all other BS and personal opinions, shove 'em deep! Almost every other thread on 3G TL forum results in bashing of some sort.... Simple questions require simple answers.

PS I don't know why I'm getting frustrated, this just reminds me of reading an avsforum the other day on how to calibrate my XBR TVs, there were 50 pages of BS, and 3 posts of actual information on the topic.

You say if we have experienced it please post? Why should we.. We post about it and this little prick says we are lying fuck that...

He just doesn't want to believe that my car went above 134... Why would I lie you guys drive the same cars as me..
kosstick is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 12:41 AM
  #251  
Banned
 
kosstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 29
Posts: 964
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by don5504
No looking like a loser would be telling everyone on here that you did 140+ mph when everyone else pretty much knows better unless you found a solution for the 134mph speed limiter.

Simple fact is you never did that speed but don't want to have to say you were stretching the truth. But see what you don't get is that would actually be the best thing you could do. People like myself who know better wouldn't think you are so full of it as you are. In fact my respect for you would grow dramatically if that were to happen. See there are these things called facts that I deal with and if the facts are upsetting you shouldn't deal with me.

Now back to the topic at hand. I really think I am going to purchase the Apexi RSM and give it a try. If it was able to be used on that RL I am almost sure it can be used for us. If nothing else it'll be a performance meter so it wouldn't be a complete waste if it doesn't work.

BTW is prick your way of saying I'm too honest? If so thanks.

D

Your fucking retarded lol........ I wana see your face when I prove to you that a Tl went above 134...
kosstick is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 01:24 AM
  #252  
A-spec steering wheel ftw
 
JCL622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Roslyn Heights, New York
Age: 33
Posts: 1,372
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by kosstick
Your fucking retarded lol........ I wana see your face when I prove to you that a Tl went above 134...

wow ppl getting so hostile here...

never drove the TL-S, but i've very easily gotten to 140 on a base TL. next time i make the roadtrip up to chicago i'll make sure to vid it.

other than that, don you're being a bit too defensive in what you're trying to say and kossick fucking take a chill pill.

make love not war....craft?

and some of the other posters are right...134...even 140 are speeds that really arent necessary. (yes i hit 140 myself so it's a bit hypocritical, but we're talking about long stretches of freeway where there's nothing but crops on left and right.) -

eitherway it's kind of stupid to see two TL owners bickering like lil kids especially, you're 30 and 17....act more mature.
JCL622 is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 02:34 AM
  #253  
Registered Member
 
jokerunm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 151
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kosstick
You say if we have experienced it please post? Why should we.. We post about it and this little prick says we are lying f#@$k that...

He just doesn't want to believe that my car went above 134... Why would I lie you guys drive the same cars as me..
Originally Posted by kosstick
Your f#$%ing retarded lol........ I wana see your face when I prove to you that a Tl went above 134...
You mean......when you prove that an AUTO Type S goes over 134. We all know the other TL go to 150+ as many, many, many others have posted without reading the thread or even the title of the thread.

**Why we think you might be mistaken:

1. Well, we spent a good amount of time with two threads with many people having the same 134 wall with TYPE S AUTO. (We've also had infinity people post about their NON AUTO TYPE S, saying they've gone XXX, without really reading the thread.)

2. We've developed a theory as to WHY the AUTO TYPE S IN PARTICULAR would behave differently from the other cars-----------> Since the engine and tranny where borrowed from the RL, the same 134mph governor might be inherited. --------->This coincidence is too big to ignore. Many people reporting 134 limit......RL --->134 limit.

3. The video I posted with the RPM locked at 5250 RPM with no chance to remotely hit 140.

**If anyone doesn't like the 'we' in any of the above statements, feel free to change them to 'I'.


What's with the whining and cussing? I'm trying to avoid age discrimination here, but you're starting to show your age. Get smart, at least have a good argument to defend yourself. Give a good reason(other than "why would I lie"), find some info that backs up your claim.

OR DON'T, but if people don't believe you then know that there is a reason for it, and not because they're "retarted". People are skeptical because logic and reasoning is pushing them to do just that, so please don't take it personally.
jokerunm is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 11:57 AM
  #254  
Registered Member
 
amer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: New York
Age: 35
Posts: 197
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I have a 2007 Acura TL Type S 5AT the car would not go over 135mph i did it 2 times. i put the car in SS mode run to the gears 4th gear 5600rpms i was doing 133 to 135 and i put it in 5th gear hold the pedal to the floor nothing passes 135mph the car just cuts out. i also did it in regular "D" mode and wont pass 135mph
amer is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 12:23 PM
  #255  
Registered Member
 
cbusAcuracls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 37
Posts: 660
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think this thread is hilarious. I know I've been at 140+mph once in my car and that was to leave a dick olds alero on i-70. Mind you I have a 01 CL-S.
Knowing this I will race any 07-08 TL-S now...you will never beat me ha ha ha.. (joking)
Anyways I don't think it really matters but I do find it odd and hard to believe that the newer TL's have a lower top speed. Esp. with the same engine or bigger (3.5L)
Before I get called a lier too...I have proof a 3.2L CL-S will do 140+.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=082y7uxxU0k&feature=related

Only thing I can think of is newer models have more strick governers.
Just wait for some loose cannon to film himself doing 140+ on the freeway like the crazy mother above.
cbusAcuracls is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 01:07 PM
  #256  
lil' kid in ya....
 
JVs_TypeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brevard Cnty FL
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm a new owner of a Type S 5sp Auto. Although I don't normally go above 134....unless I'm on a road trip across midwest states, this limiter thing really sucks! I googled and made a few calls yesterday and managed to find company that does Jet Chips ECU reflash for the 07 TL Type S Auto, even called and confirmed the vehicle. They say along with making adjustments for your list of mods, they even remove the limiter. HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS YET? I'm hesitant and too scared to send away my new baby's brain(ECU) for a few days. Hope someone reading this thread has done this already and can give us some insight.
JVs_TypeS is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 02:03 PM
  #257  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think the Jet Chip has good reviews around here. Check out Apexi RSM (it has actually been installed into an Acura RL) or the hks sld. Didn't get to good of a response in my research of the HKS SLD though.

D
don5504 is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 02:32 PM
  #258  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 10,497
Received 273 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by cbusAcuracls
I think this thread is hilarious. I know I've been at 140+mph once in my car and that was to leave a dick olds alero on i-70. Mind you I have a 01 CL-S.
Knowing this I will race any 07-08 TL-S now...you will never beat me ha ha ha.. (joking)
You'll be playing catch up the whole time, first you have to pass the TL-S, and then once you catch up at @150mph you will pull away.
TeknoKing is offline  
Old 05-22-2008, 03:51 PM
  #259  
Registered Member
iTrader: (2)
 
anx1300c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 633 Stag Trail Rd
Posts: 5,017
Received 923 Likes on 608 Posts
Originally Posted by JVs_TypeS
Hi everyone. I'm a new owner of a Type S 5sp Auto. Although I don't normally go above 134....unless I'm on a road trip across midwest states, this limiter thing really sucks! I googled and made a few calls yesterday and managed to find company that does Jet Chips ECU reflash for the 07 TL Type S Auto, even called and confirmed the vehicle. They say along with making adjustments for your list of mods, they even remove the limiter. HAS ANYONE TRIED THIS YET? I'm hesitant and too scared to send away my new baby's brain(ECU) for a few days. Hope someone reading this thread has done this already and can give us some insight.
I wouldn't send JET Performance a pair of my soiled underwear.

Do a search in the performance section and find the Jet thread where I posted a link to ClubLexus forums. It seems Jet often likes to just throw one of their stickers on the occasional ECM and ship it back to the customer, untouched. Besides, I bought one of their chips for a Dodge Ram a few years back and it did absolutely nothing.
anx1300c is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 10:26 AM
  #260  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: GA
Age: 37
Posts: 102
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, SERIOUSLY, why are you guys driving 135+MPH??? WHERE are you guys driving 135???
ex2k4 is offline  
Old 05-23-2008, 10:33 AM
  #261  
lil' kid in ya....
 
JVs_TypeS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Brevard Cnty FL
Posts: 33
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the advice guys, Jet will not get any business from me. In the mean time, I will follow this thread and hope for a proven method to remove this limiter.
JVs_TypeS is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 04:45 PM
  #262  
Registered Member
 
iamamoody1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: troy, illinois
Age: 39
Posts: 22
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CBP TL-S
1. ifirahse (user) - 2008 TL Type-S 5AT (Year, Type-S 5AT only) - bought 2/08 (or manufactured date) - VIN # xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx


2. don5504 - 2007 TL Type-S 5at - in service date 1/07 bought by me on 3/08 19UUA76567A004053

3. CBP TL-S - 2008 TL Type-S 5AT - Bought 04/08 19UUA765XA8040071
4. iamamoody1 - 2007 TL Type-S 5at - bought 4/07
iamamoody1 is offline  
Old 05-25-2008, 05:36 PM
  #263  
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
 
Eoanou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT
Age: 33
Posts: 4,781
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
This has become an interesting development.
Eoanou is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 12:37 PM
  #264  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
OK I am in touch with a company called Balanced Performance Motorsports here in Georgia. They are authorized dealers/installers of the Apexi RSM unit. I wrote them a letter in regards to this and the speed limiter cut part and asked if they could do the work if it is compatible with my especially the speed limiter cut part. They replied with an email giving me the price for the RSM unit and the labor for install but didn't really address the speed limiter cut part. I gave them a phone call but the guy I need to speak with is out to lunch so will be contacting him later this afternoon. Hopefully this is a solution.

D
don5504 is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 05:00 PM
  #265  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Got some more news. They said they talked to apexi and said they are unsure. But if I were willing to give it a try they would give it a try with me also. They basically gave me this deal/choices.

1) give it a try if it works great I pay for the parts and labor just like originally stated.

2) give it a try if it does not work I return the Apexi RSM unit and I pay just for labor.

The 1st choice is ideal but if it does not work I am wondering is there anyone else on this forum willing to share some of the costs to find out.

The labor to install would be $175 to install and throw it up on the dyno to see if it does indeed get rid of the speed limiter. If it does work I would ask no one to send any money and to only send money in the event it fails, again to offset the labor cost of basically R&D.

If any questions please feel free to ask.

D
don5504 is offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 09:10 PM
  #266  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: GA
Age: 37
Posts: 102
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dan.....k
That was me. My plane arrived late and my dog needed his heart meds asap. I don't usually drive like that. Sorry to hijack the thread.
I knew the owner had to be on this board.

Although you were driving very recklessly, not only putting yourself in danger but others also, I must admit that your car = sounded f'ing awesome.
ex2k4 is offline  
Old 05-28-2008, 09:53 PM
  #267  
#ForcedInductionFamily
 
WRXtranceformed's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 846
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I read through most of the thread and although it is a little odd to me that the autotragic is governed like that, my car is never going to see those speeds anyway so it doesn't bother me a whole lot. I'm curious to see what kind of fix comes out... in the Subaru world removing the limiter was as easy as a reflash. I'd imagine someone out there will come up with a solution soon.
WRXtranceformed is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 12:28 AM
  #268  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: chiTOWN
Age: 34
Posts: 276
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you guys probably wont believe it... but i got my TL into hyperspeed mode.
crazymonkeytl is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 12:58 AM
  #269  
Have A Nice Day!!!
 
Nasty188's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Heightz, NYC
Posts: 464
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymonkeytl
you guys probably wont believe it... but i got my TL into hyperspeed mode.
What a coincidence crazy monkey cause i was able to break the sound barrier and travel back in time ! ain't that something.
Nasty188 is offline  
Old 05-29-2008, 02:59 AM
  #270  
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo
iTrader: (1)
 
stillhere153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York City | Stuck in Traffic
Age: 33
Posts: 11,735
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
i was able to travel back in time with the flux capacitor installed inside pants pocket


no but seriously, interested in this new apexi thinggy possibly working
stillhere153 is offline  
Old 05-30-2008, 10:19 AM
  #271  
Registered Member
 
paliknight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NJ, USA
Age: 30
Posts: 975
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by stillhere153
i was able to travel back in time with the flux capacitor installed inside pants pocket


no but seriously, interested in this new apexi thinggy possibly working
ditto.
paliknight is offline  
Old 06-01-2008, 03:25 AM
  #272  
RWD convert
 
[VTEC]TL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Pembroke Pines, FL USA
Age: 35
Posts: 782
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I dynoed my stock 07 base TL 5AT today. The dyno operator put the car in 4th gear using sport shift and tried a pull. Car cut out when it hit about 136ish mph on the dyno. He then tried a run in third and it dynoed fine.
[VTEC]TL is offline  
Old 06-01-2008, 03:47 AM
  #273  
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo
iTrader: (1)
 
stillhere153's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New York City | Stuck in Traffic
Age: 33
Posts: 11,735
Likes: 0
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
yea dunno what the guy was doin dyno'd ur car in 4th?
3rd is the gear ur supposed to dyno auto... manual is 4th
stillhere153 is offline  
Old 06-01-2008, 07:01 AM
  #274  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Portsmouth, RI
Posts: 2,372
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe Acura realized that the TL-S-auto's dinky little brakes rotors weren't up to hauling down 3,700 pounds worth of car (plus the driver) at speeds above 135 MPH.

I've got an '07 TL-S-auto. I don't even care what the top speed is because I don't consider this to be a real performance car in the first place.
harddrivin1le is offline  
Old 06-01-2008, 12:04 PM
  #275  
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
 
Eoanou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: CT
Age: 33
Posts: 4,781
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by harddrivin1le
Maybe Acura realized that the TL-S-auto's dinky little brakes rotors weren't up to hauling down 3,700 pounds worth of car (plus the driver) at speeds above 135 MPH.

I've got an '07 TL-S-auto. I don't even care what the top speed is because I don't consider this to be a real performance car in the first place.

Yeah the automatic TL has really weak rotors. The 6M/T guys got a much better deal for the same price.
Eoanou is offline  
Old 06-01-2008, 12:35 PM
  #276  
Senior Moderator
 
Bearcat94's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: N3503'16.75", W 08051'0.9"
Posts: 25,611
Received 3,473 Likes on 2,106 Posts
Originally Posted by harddrivin1le
Maybe Acura realized that the TL-S-auto's dinky little brakes rotors weren't up to hauling down 3,700 pounds worth of car (plus the driver) at speeds above 135 MPH.

....

Hmmmm? That Logic Fails.

The MT TL-S has the same brakesas the AT TL-S and is NOT limited to ~135.

The '04 - '06 TL Auto has lesser brakes and is not limited to ~135.

They all have similar weight (+- 100 pounds).
Bearcat94 is online now  
Old 07-07-2008, 11:40 AM
  #277  
TL FTMFW
 
KenTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Los Angeles area
Posts: 81
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Base TL also limited at 134-135 mph

Last night I was able to do a top speed run on my '07 Base TL (same transmission as the '07+ TL-S), and it was also limited at 134-135 mph.

It was pulling hard up to that point then I felt the fuel/ignition retarding.
KenTL is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 11:50 AM
  #278  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 10,497
Received 273 Likes on 158 Posts
^^^ You do not have same tranny as a TL-S...

(Are you M/T?)
TeknoKing is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 12:04 PM
  #279  
Registered Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Atlanta, GA
Age: 41
Posts: 631
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TeknoKing
^^^ You do not have same tranny as a TL-S...

(Are you M/T?)
Actually I think both the base tl and tl type-s model years 07-08 might use the same transmission or both use transmissions based off the RL. That is why maybe the 07-08 base car is also limited. But this is the 1st 07-08 base tl that I have seen speak up. I am inclined to believe him though.

D
don5504 is offline  
Old 07-07-2008, 12:12 PM
  #280  
TL FTMFW
 
KenTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Los Angeles area
Posts: 81
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TeknoKing
^^^ You do not have same tranny as a TL-S...

(Are you M/T?)
Before you state your erroneous information, please spend maybe one minute to do some research before you state it as definitive fact.

http://www.hondanews.com/categories/733/releases/4215
The standard transmission in the TL and TL Type-S is an electronically controlled 5-speed automatic. Developed from the RL's 5-speed automatic, this unique transmission has high torque capacity, yet is very compact
.

Base TL transmission case parts list

TL-S transmission case parts list

The part #s are the same for both cars.

Go to acura.com and select "specifications" then "transmission". It lists only one set of gear ratios for the automatic transmission, because base and TL-S are the same.

The only difference between the two cars per my factory service manual besides the obvious paddle shifters is the shifting maps between the two- for example the TL-S can downsift from third to second at 61mph whereas the base can do the same at a lower speed (56mph) (speeds are off the top of my head- I need to check my book) and a tranny cooler on the TL-S
KenTL is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Top Speed of stock 07 TL type-s 5at is 132-133mph


Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.