Passenger airbag off light

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2019, 12:26 PM
Cruisin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Passenger airbag off light

Just took my Acura RDX to dealer for the fourth time. Airbag off light doesn’t go off when my wife sits in the passenger seat. This is an intermittent problem that is been happening since the car is new. When this happens, the only way to make the light go off is to stop the car and have her get out and get back in and restart the vehicle.
The dealership service manager has actually seen this happen on this vehicle plus I have many photos. Today Acura wanted him to go for a ride with me even though the light never comes on when we are driving. It’s amazing that after four months Acura still doesn’t seem to understand what the problem is-that the airbag light never goes out; not that it comes on when we are driving.
My biggest fear is that the airbags won’t deploy if we are in an accident.
There have been a few other people on this forum reporting this same problem. Has anyone had this problem resolved by Acura, either repaired or had the car bought back by Acura.
The following users liked this post:
Breezy211 (08-27-2021)
Old 02-14-2019, 09:17 AM
Pro

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts
There's an existing thread on this subject. Please use it.

https://acurazine.com/forums/third-g...switch-974904/
Old 05-03-2019, 10:24 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too many problems...

I got my 2019 ACURA RDX three days ago. The apple CarPlay malfunctioned the very next day. I went in to service the following day and they fixed it by hard reset. However, the passenger airbag light goes in and out. And the Idle mode also goes in and out. It hasn’t even been a week!!! And the mpg is not 22/28. I drove like a grandma in Comfort mode and I was still getting only like 20 combined. Very disappointed so far but I already bought it! I’m returning to service tomorrow and using a loaner over the weekend... I really hope they can fix this...

Originally Posted by Jtz1229
Just took my Acura RDX to dealer for the fourth time. Airbag off light doesn’t go off when my wife sits in the passenger seat. This is an intermittent problem that is been happening since the car is new. When this happens, the only way to make the light go off is to stop the car and have her get out and get back in and restart the vehicle.
The dealership service manager has actually seen this happen on this vehicle plus I have many photos. Today Acura wanted him to go for a ride with me even though the light never comes on when we are driving. It’s amazing that after four months Acura still doesn’t seem to understand what the problem is-that the airbag light never goes out; not that it comes on when we are driving.
My biggest fear is that the airbags won’t deploy if we are in an accident.
There have been a few other people on this forum reporting this same problem. Has anyone had this problem resolved by Acura, either repaired or had the car bought back by Acura.