2009 TSX VSA light Airbag light on after Accident. no airbag deployed...Please Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 11:47 PM
Tl fever...cureless!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2009 TSX VSA light Airbag light on after Accident. no airbag deployed...Please Help

hello my Fellow Acurazine members.

Purchased a 2009 TSX with side accident from auctions (I am a dealer).
Only thing i had to fix is new Rack and Pinion. CAr had a curb Hit on driver side wheel and outer tie rods were broken . other then that replaced front bumper and driver fender and thats all. car have no frame damage or any major hit at all but now I see it says on the screen "Check Airbag System" and VSA Traction light on and Check emission system and low tire pressure.

I assume Emission system can be anything as the sensor for airbag was out when i purchased the car and i can take care of air pressure light..

Why is the airbag light and VSA lights on ...there was no airbag deployed. i have inspected every single airbag and they are perfectly intact and they were never deployed.

My question is .. is there any VSA sensor that can be damaged on driver wheel? and is there any airbag sensors that could have been damaged? i dont like seeing Error CEl lights just like most of us

please help me out with suggestions what should be fixed up...
thank you in advance.
Old 05-20-2016, 06:33 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
yes, there are air bag sensors. I believe its one unit, called the SRS unit.
will need to be cleared with HDS (Honda Diagnostic System) or replaced. not sure which one is more viable than the other...

since you are a dealer, you must have the HDS. Give the HDS a try and try to clear the SRS unit.
if not, you'll have to replace SRS unit
Old 05-20-2016, 09:20 PM
ceb
Suzuka Master

Received 1,276 Likes on 951 Posts
and TPMS issues will affect the VSA. I hope it was cheap because you'll be pouring tons of money into that thing.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:26 AM
Tl fever...cureless!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All is good guys I checked what you suggested and after driving the car vsa and all errors turned off other then airbag light . Got it checked out by a buddy of mine at Acura service department and it turned out to be clocks spring under driver airbag was twisted since the streering wheel was probably turned while rack and pinion was broken . They replaced it for under $200 car was sold . Thank you so much for the suggestions .