Technology Get the latest on technology, electronics and software…

..anyone with Verizon's broadband PC card?

Old 09-01-2005 | 01:02 AM
I shoot people

..anyone with Verizon's broadband PC card?

I was gonna get a few months ago... but decided to put off... now it's gone down to $60/month (from $80), does anyone have this service? I just wanted some feed backs...
Old 09-01-2005 | 05:46 PM
Movin on up...

i've played with it alot...sold a ton of them recently....

fast as shit for wireless....fastest out right now...
Old 09-01-2005 | 08:45 PM
I shoot people

thanks, I think I'm going to get it... but I would rather pay a little more and be in a 1 year contract rather than 2 year.
Old 09-02-2005 | 01:33 AM
Movin on up...

Originally Posted by is300eater
thanks, I think I'm going to get it... but I would rather pay a little more and be in a 1 year contract rather than 2 year.

yea, seems to be a trend....especially with technology moving as fast as it does....you also have 15 days try it out...if u dont like it then return it...you cant lose!
Old 09-02-2005 | 12:17 PM
I shoot people

Originally Posted by mikeymobiles
yea, seems to be a trend....especially with technology moving as fast as it does....you also have 15 days try it out...if u dont like it then return it...you cant lose!
...cool, but with your experience with it... even though you just "played with it"... do you know if downloading music and video streams is decent? That's all I do... really, nothing more than that.... (and posting on this site, of course)
Old 09-02-2005 | 05:03 PM
Suzuka Master

i heard it's really fast.
Old 09-02-2005 | 06:02 PM
Movin on up...

...cool, but with your experience with it... even though you just "played with it"... do you know if downloading music and video streams is decent? That's all I do... really, nothing more than that.... (and posting on this site, of course)
if your in a great evdo area...streaming video is real strong..and u'll enjoy it...

not sure how it is by where u'll be using it though...

I know Yuppie has an aircard you might want to talk to him also...(he is a big shot at vzw)
Old 09-04-2005 | 10:06 PM
TSX Addict

if your in a great evdo area...streaming video is real strong..and u'll enjoy it...

not sure how it is by where u'll be using it though...

I know Yuppie has an aircard you might want to talk to him also...(he is a big shot at vzw)
I used to have it. The speed is between a 56K dial up and DSL. It's the best wireless out there.

BTW, I don't work for them.

Pete
Old 09-05-2005 | 08:10 PM
Adventurist.

VZW has good speeds but expensive.

This is what I have:
I use a SE GC82 card ($40 off ebay) and pop my SIM in and get 300+kbs speeds on the EDGE network (Class 10 device). I'm with T-mobile and have unlimited internet with my blackberry plan... $70 a month.

The only hassle is voice can't be used (SMS is fine) and I have to transfer the SIM card everytime.
Old 09-05-2005 | 10:35 PM
Movin on up...

Originally Posted by NiteQwill
VZW has good speeds but expensive.

This is what I have:
I use a SE GC82 card ($40 off ebay) and pop my SIM in and get 300+kbs speeds on the EDGE network (Class 10 device). I'm with T-mobile and have unlimited internet with my blackberry plan... $70 a month.

The only hassle is voice can't be used (SMS is fine) and I have to transfer the SIM card everytime.

vzw is 59.99 now unlimited data..and it is faster...but it is just for a laptop (just aircard)
Old 09-05-2005 | 11:30 PM
I shoot people

..okay, guys.... I have to vent...

...I'm pretty pissed with Verizon right now... last week, I called one of the stores... and talked to some saleswoman regarding the broadband card... I told her my situation which is: I had 2 cell. phones... a Sprint, AND a Verizon phone... it's a long story why I had 2 cell. phones... so I'm just gonna skip it. But I am out of both contracts... I wanted to drop one of the phones... so I decided I was going to drop the Verizon phone, BUT pick up the PC card... and go on a 1 year contract with them.... so back to the story with the saleswoman... I asked her what time they close, and she said 8pm, so I told her that I'm done with my last client at 7pm and I'll go straight there... and I did... I got there around 7:30pm... out of respect for her, since she delt with me over the phone... I told the guy at the door I'd wait for her so she can get the credit for the sale.... well, she was with some customer and it took a long time... a half hour had gone by... (and yes, they were closing), I didn't know she was wrapping things up with that customer, when I asked the manager if I can play with the demo PC with the card.... so he booted up the computer, but it was taking a long time... that's when she told me that she was ready to help me... I told her that I wanted to play with the pc (with the card) for just couple of minutes to make sure it's fast enough... so she said to me... "...okay, well... I'll just help the next person then..." I was soooooooo pissed, because, again... out of respect for her... fuvkin' waited for her for over half hour.... and now she's not even going to wait 2 mintues for me!!! The manager even told her.... "...he's been waiting for you, and just wanted to demo the PC card for a couple of mintues..." I just threw my arms in the air implying my frustration and walked out....

....so I figured... okay, I can do this over the phone... I called Verizon and cancelled my cell. phone service... AFTER explaining to the operator why.... I told her that I'm still going to be a customer, but with the air card and take up the $59.99/month deal... so, after she cancelled my service, she transfered my call to a sales rep. at which time the sales person explained to me that the $59.99/month deal is only for people with Verizon cell. phone service... (which I just cancelled) So, if you're NOT currently with Verizon... you're still gonna pay $79.99/month... that's so fuck up... cause though it's probably in fine print... it's so small.... no body ever sees or reads it... I'm done with Verizon... fuck'em.
Old 09-06-2005 | 12:57 AM
Adventurist.

vzw is 59.99 now unlimited data..and it is faster...but it is just for a laptop (just aircard)
But it doesn't include voice... my plan is voice + internet... a more marketable way to go.

yes, I do agree it is faster.
Old 09-07-2005 | 10:35 PM
Movin on up...

...I'm pretty pissed with Verizon right now... last week, I called one of the stores... and talked to some saleswoman regarding the broadband card... I told her my situation which is: I had 2 cell. phones... a Sprint, AND a Verizon phone... it's a long story why I had 2 cell. phones... so I'm just gonna skip it. But I am out of both contracts... I wanted to drop one of the phones... so I decided I was going to drop the Verizon phone, BUT pick up the PC card... and go on a 1 year contract with them.... so back to the story with the saleswoman... I asked her what time they close, and she said 8pm, so I told her that I'm done with my last client at 7pm and I'll go straight there... and I did... I got there around 7:30pm... out of respect for her, since she delt with me over the phone... I told the guy at the door I'd wait for her so she can get the credit for the sale.... well, she was with some customer and it took a long time... a half hour had gone by... (and yes, they were closing), I didn't know she was wrapping things up with that customer, when I asked the manager if I can play with the demo PC with the card.... so he booted up the computer, but it was taking a long time... that's when she told me that she was ready to help me... I told her that I wanted to play with the pc (with the card) for just couple of minutes to make sure it's fast enough... so she said to me... "...okay, well... I'll just help the next person then..." I was soooooooo pissed, because, again... out of respect for her... fuvkin' waited for her for over half hour.... and now she's not even going to wait 2 mintues for me!!! The manager even told her.... "...he's been waiting for you, and just wanted to demo the PC card for a couple of mintues..." I just threw my arms in the air implying my frustration and walked out....

....so I figured... okay, I can do this over the phone... I called Verizon and cancelled my cell. phone service... AFTER explaining to the operator why.... I told her that I'm still going to be a customer, but with the air card and take up the $59.99/month deal... so, after she cancelled my service, she transfered my call to a sales rep. at which time the sales person explained to me that the $59.99/month deal is only for people with Verizon cell. phone service... (which I just cancelled) So, if you're NOT currently with Verizon... you're still gonna pay $79.99/month... that's so fuck up... cause though it's probably in fine print... it's so small.... no body ever sees or reads it... I'm done with Verizon... fuck'em.

I cant speak on behalf of the rep...but she is pretty dumb if you ask me...if someone calls on the phone and they come in to see me...then they are the next person i help out..(i make sure i dont touch the list, i go right to the person)...she obviously doesnt know how to make money/refferal business...

As for the 59.99 line they should have told you before you cancled your line...u should have just kept your telephone, cancled sprint and added an air card...you would have gotten your deal and kept 2 devices..
Old 09-08-2005 | 08:43 AM
I shoot people

I cant speak on behalf of the rep...but she is pretty dumb if you ask me...if someone calls on the phone and they come in to see me...then they are the next person i help out..(i make sure i dont touch the list, i go right to the person)...she obviously doesnt know how to make money/refferal business...

As for the 59.99 line they should have told you before you cancled your line...u should have just kept your telephone, cancled sprint and added an air card...you would have gotten your deal and kept 2 devices..
...when I proceeded to walk out of the store... I can hear the manager explaining to her that I was waiting for her... and since the store was closing (with a couple customers still in the store), he probably went off on her after everybody left. The part the pisses me off even more was when he was explaining to her... she debated that... "...but, there're other customers..." She just didn't get the point.