Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NBA Offseason Thread (Trades, Free Agents, Rumors)

Old 07-16-2008, 02:09 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mltk53
kobe and tmac play well in the allstars
all players play well in the allstar games....
Old 07-16-2008, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kosstick
^ dont compare kobe to vince.. Vinceeven said he didnt even try when he was in the raptors..

Vince is a joke.. KObe would go crazy if tmac came and I would guarantee at least 3 - 4 champs..

Fisher Kobe Tmac Gasol Bynum?

Are you fucking kidding me? That would rape any team
Calm down grasshopper...I didn't compare Vince to Kobe, What I mean was it would be the same situation that Vince/Tmac had back in Toronto where both ego's were too large. But maybe it was due to the fact that they were cousins playing on the same team so they wanted to outshine one another. That's what I meant.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by UNeeKLiNG
Calm down grasshopper...I didn't compare Vince to Kobe, What I mean was it would be the same situation that Vince/Tmac had back in Toronto where both ego's were too large. But maybe it was due to the fact that they were cousins playing on the same team so they wanted to outshine one another. That's what I meant.

I wasn;t trying to get mad lol..

Vince is a joke with so much potential to bad he is a dumbshit.

Houston needs to get some good pieces in. Honestly They need to trade yao if possible and get some crazy good players..

Yao wont cut it he is too soft .. 7 foot 6 and soft.. He is good but houston needs a tough PF to help yao out. If not trade him for some nice pieces.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:38 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
posey going to the hornets?

i think he can help there. Hornets were already #2 in the west, and he got a 4yr deal. I think he made out pretty good.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:40 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
I highly doubt that Houston will trade yao. They would rather trade T-Mac then Yao. Yao is just about turn 28, so he still got good juice left in him.

I like T-mac, but he is busted ass player. He obviously didn't take care of his body. I just don't see T-Mac playing full season ever again. He gets hurt too easily and that's not good for houston.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
I highly doubt that Houston will trade yao. They would rather trade T-Mac then Yao. Yao is just about turn 28, so he still got good juice left in him.

I like T-mac, but he is busted ass player. He obviously didn't take care of his body. I just don't see T-Mac playing full season ever again. He gets hurt too easily and that's not good for houston.
i dunno if it's that t-mac can't take care of his body. some players are just injury prone and keep picking up nagging injuries. one after another.

i agree that houston would rather trade mcgrady before yao. you just don't trade a star center in this league.

problem is that yao has just as bad of injuries problems as mcgrady.
Old 07-16-2008, 03:53 PM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by JediMindTricks
i dunno if it's that t-mac can't take care of his body. some players are just injury prone and keep picking up nagging injuries. one after another.

i agree that houston would rather trade mcgrady before yao. you just don't trade a star center in this league.

problem is that yao has just as bad of injuries problems as mcgrady.
I noticed.

If they do decide to keep yao/t-mac, then I would like to see both playing full season w/o getting hurt. I know Houston is a great team, hopefully this year might be the year.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
I noticed.

If they do decide to keep yao/t-mac, then I would like to see both playing full season w/o getting hurt. I know Houston is a great team, hopefully this year might be the year.

it drives me crazy when yao gets injured, and t-mac's healthy. then when yao's finally healthy, t-mac gets injured. then when t-mac's healthy, yao gets injured, etc etc etc.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:03 PM
Safety Car

Received 168 Likes on 122 Posts
Posey sweepstakes: Hornets win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3492206

Good for him. 4 years 25 mil.

The Hornets have some scary 3 point shooting to contend with, which is a perfect outlet for CP3 forays into the paint.

Last edited by CarbonGray Earl; 07-16-2008 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Banned

ahah boston lucked out.. I dont mind that lakers didnt get him as long as boston didn't

Lakers are favorite for artest.. He already said he wants to go to phil jackson and that phil jackson will bring out the champ in him
Old 07-16-2008, 04:23 PM
Safety Car

Lakers are favorite for artest.. He already said he wants to go to phil jackson and that phil jackson will bring out the champ in him
Are you willing to take on kenny thomas' contract though? Any trade for Artest will involve taking Kenny Thomas' contract as well.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CarbonGray Earl
Are you willing to take on kenny thomas' contract though? Any trade for Artest will involve taking Kenny Thomas' contract as well.
Im down if we can give them luke or rad
Old 07-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Safety Car

Im down if we can give them luke or rad
haha...me too to be honest. I'd trade Fluke in a heart beat. Phil Jackson's got a thing for playing him, but I think with Ariza coming back, one of these guys is going to be traded.

Unfortuantely, Walton just went into surgery for ankle spurs (who'd of thought that, being Bill Walton's son), so he's probably going to be here next season. Damaged goods and a lengthy contract isn't too enticing.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Banned

haha...me too to be honest. I'd trade Fluke in a heart beat. Phil Jackson's got a thing for playing him, but I think with Ariza coming back, one of these guys is going to be traded.

Unfortuantely, Walton just went into surgery for ankle spurs (who'd of thought that, being Bill Walton's son), so he's probably going to be here next season. Damaged goods and a lengthy contract isn't too enticing.

Id rather give Luke away.. But if no one wants him then give Radmonovich..

Hes a fucking idiot usually.. but when he gets hot.. He gets hot..

Id Give King this..

Mihm, Odom BUT they take luke.

i think mihms like 4 mil no trade clause tho.. If that fucker vertoes the trade.. I will hunt his ass down.. Fucking clown..

thats like 17 18 mil expiring contract.. We take kenny but they take luke..
Old 07-16-2008, 05:14 PM
I can't find my garage

damn...luke haters. i gotta say that luke does make some disappointing decisions, but he still is a key player for the lakers triangle. i dont dislike luke, but if itll get us artest, im on board. oh another thing..mihm? sigh. just...no words. and i couldnt believe it when jackson put mihm on the floor in the playoffs..
Old 07-16-2008, 05:23 PM
Banned

damn...luke haters. i gotta say that luke does make some disappointing decisions, but he still is a key player for the lakers triangle. i dont dislike luke, but if itll get us artest, im on board. oh another thing..mihm? sigh. just...no words. and i couldnt believe it when jackson put mihm on the floor in the playoffs..

Seriously... put fucking mbenga in.. phil jackson gets bored sometimes and does stupid shit...
Old 07-16-2008, 05:25 PM
Safety Car

Luke was essential to the triangle because in the absense of talent, his passing is key to ball distribution and easy shots for a team that wasn't great at getting their own shots. That was about 2 or 3 years ago.

However, now that we have a team that has matured, his contribution is less important. The fact that his skills have diminished on their own compounds my concern for his lack of fit on this team. He just hasn't improved to his potential and costs alot of money.

At this point, we need a defender and a decent shooter than an offense facilitator. Much like the triangle doesn't need a point guard, it really doesn't need a facilitator if everyone buys into its principles.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:43 PM
I can't find my garage

Seriously... put fucking mbenga in.. phil jackson gets bored sometimes and does stupid shit...
i bet mihm was all like, "what? did phil just call my name? wtf?"
Old 07-16-2008, 05:45 PM
I can't find my garage

Luke was essential to the triangle because in the absense of talent, his passing is key to ball distribution and easy shots for a team that wasn't great at getting their own shots. That was about 2 or 3 years ago.

However, now that we have a team that has matured, his contribution is less important. The fact that his skills have diminished on their own compounds my concern for his lack of fit on this team. He just hasn't improved to his potential and costs alot of money.

At this point, we need a defender and a decent shooter than an offense facilitator. Much like the triangle doesn't need a point guard, it really doesn't need a facilitator if everyone buys into its principles.
i just i can agree to half of that. but u send odom & luke, u lose more of that. artest can play, but odom and luke both fit the triangle better. but in terms of what lakers need, yea, its artest. scoring forward with toughness
Old 07-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Safety Car

i just i can agree to half of that. but u send odom & luke, u lose more of that. artest can play, but odom and luke both fit the triangle better. but in terms of what lakers need, yea, its artest. scoring forward with toughness
I'm idealist as well about the Triangle, but the offense wasn't the problem last year. Luke isn't needed to run the offense smoothly anymore. The most potent offensive 5 didn't involve Luke last year (Fish, Sasha, Kobe, Lamar, Pau).

So, I do know what you're saying, and I agree that Luke's intangibles are well-suited for the triangle. Its just that, we needed a defender.

In regards to Lamar though, I'm not a big fan of letting him go. He's the mismatch that got us to the finals, its just that he didn't do anything in the finals.

If anything, I'd probably lean towards letting the current lineup ride. Ariza and Bynum will shore up the D more than people think. Bring Lamar off the bench, and go for that sixth man of the year award.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:44 PM
Banned

You know what.. Fuck the whole if he doesn't fit the triangle fuck him logic..

Luke fits the triangle.. FUCK HIM.

Artest can score and DEFEND. YES DEFENSE... THAT IS WHAT WON BOSTON A CHAMPIONSHIP.

PLus people will think twice on giving kobe cheap blows.... Artest will fucking return the favor ten fold.

I love lamar for his mismatches.. BUT he has no concistency.. It has been 4 years and going on 5.. Lamar has no outside shot..

and with pau and bynum clogging the middle we need someone to open the lane
Old 07-16-2008, 08:50 PM
Drifting

lamar just shouldn't shoot outside shots. I even liked him on the clips when he would stand back and shoot nothing but 3's, but he's never been much more than a ~30% 3pt shooter. He always finishes so well at the basket I never understood why he shot the 3 so damn much when he was a clipper. (He was probably too high)

I would much rather have luke than vlade. I think vlade just disappears on defense, and is also a very streaky shooter from behind the line. He'll once in a while go for like 10 pts. in the first quarter, but then disappear the rest of the game.

I wouldn't mind artest coming for vlade, and maybe another bench player, but not much more than that. I think odom is too important to trade for artest. Plus if turiaf goes to the warriors that's the number one big man off the bench for the lakers gone.

Last edited by Osamu; 07-16-2008 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:46 PM
I can't find my garage

one thing that is for sure is that with turiaf gone, and if odom leave, we wont have a reliable pf as a back up
Old 07-17-2008, 07:19 PM
Drifting

clips sign offer sheet to azubuike.

I really liked him w/ the warriors, and seemed to play pretty well. At least in that one game he went for like 33 against the clips I hope he comes over, and he'll have a familiar face at PG.
Old 07-17-2008, 09:03 PM
I can't find my garage

Originally Posted by Osamu
clips sign offer sheet to azubuike.

I really liked him w/ the warriors, and seemed to play pretty well. At least in that one game he went for like 33 against the clips I hope he comes over, and he'll have a familiar face at PG.

and if he does come
Old 07-18-2008, 10:21 PM
Drifting

one thing that is for sure is that with turiaf gone, and if odom leave, we wont have a reliable pf as a back up
I think it's the last day to try and keep turiaf. any word on if they're going to match. It REALLY looks unlikely, and they only have until midnight (is that PST?)

He's one of the only guys I really liked on the lakers for the past couple years, so I'd probably rather have him stay. But at least I like GS so I'd also like to see him get more playing time up there. Plus means less money for GS to keep Azubuike, when they still have ellis and biedrins to take care of. But if the clips pick up azubuike, they might have to waive ross, who's another player I've always liked.

Plus they also say kenny thomas might have a spot in LA after turiaf leaves, if an artest trade is looming.

feels like california is just going to be swapping their whole teams around. The only one to leave california so far is brand
Old 07-19-2008, 04:23 AM

Just got back from the vegas summer camp and I must say the lakers summer camp team SUCKS!!!!...I mean everyone...only notable name is coby karl and he sucks too...they lost to Toronto pretty bad...

Joey Dorsey is like the black hulk!!! He's got a frame bigger than Ben Wallace and he's a beast down low....

Donte Green could be something special....

Overall the ROckets summer camp team is looking pretty good...Aaron Brooks lookslike he's developin greally well
Old 07-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Drifting

i guess azubuike isn't coming to LA ,

maybe the clips can go after mo evans. I always liked him on the lakers. I wonder if GS is going to be going after him still now that they matched the offer for azubuike.

also rumors that the lakers are looking at kwame brown ..........I would think they have enough centers. And I still think mbenga > kbrown
Old 07-24-2008, 05:59 PM
I can't find my garage

^^
wtFFFFF!! i want azubuike in la now! and evan in gs!! grrrr and wtf? kwame? lmfao just...lmfao at kwame. i hear lakers are eying deng..deeeeng
Old 07-25-2008, 01:55 AM
Happy Holidays!

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
YES!! Cock blocked the Clips with a very decent salary too. Welcome back buike! Quit targeting our players you damn clippers. Brand LOL!

The GSW are fielding a pretty decent roster with plenty of depth so far. I'm liking it.

Resigned Ellis to 6/$66 mil deal.
Biendrin's contact should follow shortly.
Matched Buike's offer sheet and screw the Clips.
Signed Ronny to a decent contact. Front loaded deal won't hurt the cap too much.
Traded for a young PG in Williams for a protected 1st rd pick.
Signed Corey for 5 years. I wish it would have been for less money though.
Drafted Randolph and Hendrix.

Bye bye to Baron, Pietrus, POB, and Barnes.
Theres a trade rumor going around involving Harington and Wright for Josh Smith. And Smith has to be a sign and trade of course. We'll see what else Mullin has up his sleeve.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Shasha Vujacic (sp?) is threatening to sign with a european team if he doesn't get a better offer from the Lakers. Looks like the pro euro leage is the new player in town. We have a high school kid signing which will lead to more HS kids signing. And now the pros are doing it too.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by jlukja
Shasha Vujacic (sp?) is threatening to sign with a european team if he doesn't get a better offer from the Lakers. Looks like the pro euro leage is the new player in town. We have a high school kid signing which will lead to more HS kids signing. And now the pros are doing it too.
Weak dollar and I believe the tax rates are better there. What's going to happen is our mid-level talent and high school players are going to go overseas where they can get major bucks and more PT. We'll still keep our big names, and we'll still take most of the best players from Europe. Overall competition is still much much better here in the US.

But the playing field is a bit more level in terms of $$$ now.
Old 07-25-2008, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Silver_Surfer
YES!! Cock blocked the Clips with a very decent salary too. Welcome back buike! Quit targeting our players you damn clippers. Brand LOL!

The GSW are fielding a pretty decent roster with plenty of depth so far. I'm liking it.

Resigned Ellis to 6/$66 mil deal.
Biendrin's contact should follow shortly.
Matched Buike's offer sheet and screw the Clips.
Signed Ronny to a decent contact. Front loaded deal won't hurt the cap too much.
Traded for a young PG in Williams for a protected 1st rd pick.
Signed Corey for 5 years. I wish it would have been for less money though.
Drafted Randolph and Hendrix.

Bye bye to Baron, Pietrus, POB, and Barnes.
Theres a trade rumor going around involving Harington and Wright for Josh Smith. And Smith has to be a sign and trade of course. We'll see what else Mullin has up his sleeve.
i think I heard something about the russian team planning to offer Biedrins a $10 mil a year contract for 4-5 years....

Guess the Euro guys caught fire of the willingness of the NBA guys to go play there and are shoving the cash in their faces...Time to subscribe to international bball channels
Old 07-25-2008, 01:21 PM
Safety Car

One thing is for sure, the Warriors vs. Clippers will be pretty interesting next year.

On another note, what division are the OKC "Thunder" going to be put in?
Old 07-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
the thunder will be in the NW division i think

...and Childress made out like a bandit IMO

3-years, 20M after taxes, fully-paid living expenses, new car and full-time driver and the option to opt out after each year...not to mention getting to live in greece!
Old 07-25-2008, 02:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,315 Likes on 968 Posts
Old 07-25-2008, 03:56 PM
I can't find my garage

i wanna play pro
Old 07-25-2008, 06:46 PM
Safety Car

Looks like y'all are safe for at least 3 years.

http://www.pe.com/sports/breakout/st...s.2ecdf99.html

The deal: 3 years (not 5 or 6), 15 mil deal. Good deal for the Lakers due to the short length of contract. Hopefully the machine will not have depreciated too much.

I hope he keeps getting better and cuts his Euro hair.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Drifting

meh, I never cared for sasha all that much. He's just a streaker shooter. and especially after he let ray allen go to the basket on that play in the finals

mo evans signed w/ the hawks too, 3 year like 7.5 mil or something. I still think the clips should've tried to get him. I always thought he was pretty good.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Happy Holidays!

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts
GSW locked up Biendrins for 6 years. Woohoo! I think it's a fair deal especially with what the Bucks paid Bogut.

Quick Reply: NBA Offseason Thread (Trades, Free Agents, Rumors)