Sports Talk & Fantasy Leagues If you like men in tights, this is the spot to be!

NBA Discussion Thread

Old 04-24-2006 | 11:00 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by badboy
I personally haven't seen anyone thats in the same league as Jordan.
There are some minor leaguers around though.
I recall I read in newspapers back when Kobe scored 81 points and the sports people were comparing him and saying that he will become greater than MJ. I was appauled after reading that.

Hope Kobe never wins another ring again.
Old 04-24-2006 | 11:17 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ccannizz11
all five laker starters scored in double figures and they still couldn't beat the suns.
the refs handed the game to the suns on a silver platter.

not as blatant as they did for the pacers though.
Old 04-24-2006 | 11:25 AM
Drifting

thats true, but i think the call on nenad wasn't as bad as the no call on whoever hit kobe, even though BOTH were BAD calls.

and wtf are we talking about VC vs. jordan lol. and we have dicussed kobe vs. MJ many times already
Old 04-24-2006 | 11:42 AM
Safety Car

Jordan should not be mentioned again in the thread, because there is no one that can be compared to him. Period.
Old 04-24-2006 | 11:46 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by GTKrockeTT

The call on nenad was bad, real bad.

But one wonders why would nenad hold on to johnson's jersey like that? What was the purpose of him doing that? Did he actually think that little tug would make johnson miss?

Oh, and I hate Johnson!! He sucks!
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:18 PM
My Work is Done Here

The fact that a "call" is supposedly deciding a game where all five starters were in double figures speaks volumes about their inabaility to compete with the Suns, much less whoever they might meet in the next round, should they get lucky.
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:22 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by ccannizz11
The fact that a "call" is supposedly deciding a game where all five starters were in double figures speaks volumes about their inabaility to compete with the Suns, much less whoever they might meet in the next round, should they get lucky.
calls down the stretch with a minute or 2 to play CAN and OFTEN decide games.

anyone who saw the lakers/suns game and doesn't think it was competitive, needs to stick to watching HS games. and, as far as the next round, you must be a total basketball rookie if you think the nuggets or clippers will be tougher match for the lakers than the suns.
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
I don't know why Tim Thomas is such a moron. If he had a good attitude, the Bulls would've kept him and he would've made a good contribution with the Bulls against the Heat.

Shit....hes on a better team...one more likely to go further...
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:30 PM
My Work is Done Here

anyone who saw the lakers/suns game and doesn't think it was competitive, needs to stick to watching HS games. and, as far as the next round, you must be a total basketball rookie if you think the nuggets or clippers will be tougher match for the lakers than the suns.
no, i just don't think the lakers will make it past the first round.

And I do think last night's game was competitive. that's not what I was commenting on. Do I think the lakers can have that kind of game repeatedly, enough to win the series? No.
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mamboking
The Grizz played well for 3 1/2 quarters. Too bad Pau Gasol didn't get going until the 2nd half....

Gasol looked like crap....i mean not trying to knock him...if hes hurt..hes hurt....but he was pretty useless out there.....
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by badboy
I personally haven't seen anyone thats in the same league as Jordan.
There are some minor leaguers around though.

I doubt it..... , if you cant see Kobe as a new Jordan-type...forget anyone else.....
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:37 PM
Banned

Works both ways....there was a lot of pushing and shoving from the Lakers....
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slayer202
thats true, but i think the call on nenad wasn't as bad as the no call on whoever hit kobe, even though BOTH were BAD calls.

and wtf are we talking about VC vs. jordan lol. and we have dicussed kobe vs. MJ many times already

Nenad or Kidd fouled him...it shows in the replay....if they called it on the wrong person...whatever...there was a foul.....
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:42 PM
Banned

I do give it up to the Lakers....they played as well as they could play....without Kobe scoring....now, the question is not whether or not Kobe will score....its if the rest of the Lakers can continue with their help. It was an off shooting night for the Suns too....they were pretty lucky Kobe couldnt get off....Lakers could have probably stole that game....but on the flipside....I dont think they can win the series.....even if they stole the game....
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:44 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by moomaster_99
I do give it up to the Lakers....they played as well as they could play....without Kobe scoring....now, the question is not whether or not Kobe will score....its if the rest of the Lakers can continue with their help. It was an off shooting night for the Suns too....they were pretty lucky Kobe couldnt get off....Lakers could have probably stole that game....but on the flipside....I dont think they can win the series.....even if they stole the game....
tim thomas will not have the same type of night either.
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:45 PM
Drifting

jesus 5 posts in a row. chill with that.

and WTF as the guy who keeps mentioning all the starting lakers scored double figures. who gives a shit. if your starters combine for 50 points, are you gonna win the game? kobe never really got going, but his teammates were impressive, especially luke walton and lamar odom. if kobe had a normal kobe game, they would have won...
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:48 PM
Banned

jesus 5 posts in a row. chill with that.

and WTF as the guy who keeps mentioning all the starting lakers scored double figures. who gives a shit. if your starters combine for 50 points, are you gonna win the game? kobe never really got going, but his teammates were impressive, especially luke walton and lamar odom. if kobe had a normal kobe game, they would have won...
Im just replying to each post.....so

All that is saying is that the Lakers got something out of the rest of the team....a total contribution...ie, everyone came to play.
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:49 PM
Banned

tim thomas will not have the same type of night either.
You think Lamar is gonna have the same night as well???
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:53 PM
Suzuka Master

lamar's night was slightly above average, but certainly not anything close to being abnormal for him. tim thomas...please, that's a career game for him.
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:55 PM
Drifting

he has the potential, where no one is gonna start off 6 for 6 or 7 for 7 every night. of course he wont get 14 boards a game, but he can still play with the same intensity and play damn well every game. i was impressed, it was the lamar odom of old, pre-kobe days
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:55 PM
Banned

lamar's night was slightly above average, but certainly not anything close to being abnormal for him. tim thomas...please, that's a career game for him.
You see how many rebounds he pulled.....i give it up to him...hes a good player...but he does disappear when Kobe is scoring...
Old 04-24-2006 | 12:56 PM
Suzuka Master

actually, i was disappointed in lamar's game last night as far as being the facilitator. his assists were lacking.
Old 04-24-2006 | 01:24 PM
Drifting

cant ask for too much, he isn't that good. he cant score and get the assists, he doesn't have the ball enough. they run almost everything through kobe. i was dissapointed in his performance though. at the end he did have a few nice plays where he just effortlessly swoops to the hoop, but then the no call and the game was over
Old 04-24-2006 | 03:38 PM
My Work is Done Here

I assume you're talking about me.

I give a shit, because spreading the scoring like that points to well rounded team game, unlike what we usually see from the lakers. That's the kind of game you need in the playoffs. But you see, when Kobe has a "normal game" the rest of the starters don't contribute nearly as much as they did last night. That game was the epitomy of a team effort, or at least the most complete team effort that you're going to get from the lakers. In other words, if Kobe has a "normal game" and scores 35 points, then the other starters have their normal games too.

The lakers aren't going to beat the suns with everyone having a normal game. The only time the lakers beat the suns in the regular season was when they were without steve nash, no? To beat the suns, they need all their starters to play like they did last night and still have Kobe have his normal game. Too bad it's a trade off, and won't happen.
Old 04-24-2006 | 03:51 PM
Banned

When Kobe takes over a game (as he did most of the season), he intimidates his teamates and they rather pass the ball to him than try to score on their own.
Old 04-24-2006 | 04:29 PM
Racer

With 22 seconds left in the game the Free Throw stats were:
Phx 27 LA Whiners 25.

Unless the Poor Losers want to give back their titles, stop making crap up why the Lakers lost.
Old 04-24-2006 | 04:36 PM
Drifting

nighthawk, you are one of the most annoying people on this forum "LA whiners, poor losers, kristofurr" etc etc. stfu already

the suns are overrated, and if kobe played a better game yesterday the lakers could have won. hell, if the refs didnt miss that call at the end they could have won
Old 04-24-2006 | 04:52 PM
Banned

nighthawk, you are one of the most annoying people on this forum "LA whiners, poor losers, kristofurr" etc etc. stfu already

the suns are overrated, and if kobe played a better game yesterday the lakers could have won. hell, if the refs didnt miss that call at the end they could have won
I saw a lot of pushing and shoving that wasnt called on the Lakers.....and just cuz Kobe didnt get bailed out.....dont get mad. Dont get me wrong....I think Kobe is an awesome player....I give props to Phil Jackson (remember I would give him props if he got the Lakers to the playoffs)

Like I said before....they gave an excellent team effort....and if Kobe had made a few more shots...from places where he missed, it might be a different story...but also...what if Phoenix didnt score 19 in the 2nd and scored their normal 30???? End of game right there by halftime.

In one sentence...."Don't blame the refs cuz of one call."

Last edited by moomaster_99; 04-24-2006 at 04:55 PM.
Old 04-24-2006 | 05:47 PM
Drifting

you can't say don't blame the refs. of course if the lakers did this, or the suns did that, the call might not have mattered, but it did. theres no way around it. if the lakers pulled it out they would have had a chance in the series. now, not so much
Old 04-24-2006 | 06:13 PM
Suzuka Master

you can't say don't blame the refs. of course if the lakers did this, or the suns did that, the call might not have mattered, but it did. theres no way around it. if the lakers pulled it out they would have had a chance in the series. now, not so much

just one game bro...plenty more to come.
Old 04-24-2006 | 06:17 PM
Drifting

big game though for the lakers. it would have been a huge boost. they really need to win the next game
Old 04-24-2006 | 06:57 PM
Racer

That's right. Had both the travelling call on Kobe been ignored (it was) and the *foul* have been called on Tim Thomas, the basket would have made it 101 Phx 99 L.A. Which means LA would have won.

Oh well, the refs burned POOR Kobe and the Lakers out of game 1. Pure and simple. Anyone who doesn't blame the call and instead puts responsibility for the game in large part on Kobes 7-21 shooting and 2-7 4th qtr shooting is well,... just let slayer202 answer that one.
Old 04-24-2006 | 07:17 PM
Drifting

you are an idiot. enough with the "what ifs." kobe didn't have a good game, nor a good 4th quarter if your stat is correct. is it that hard to realize, that is irrelevant? the fact is, the game was indeed close, and the refs blew a big, obvious call. you can't say, but if kobe did better they would have won without the call. thats garbage...and if michael jordan came back and played like he did in his prime, the bulls would have beaten the heat in game one instead of going into game 2 tonight down 1-0.
Old 04-24-2006 | 07:22 PM
Suzuka Master

you are an idiot. enough with the "what ifs." kobe didn't have a good game, nor a good 4th quarter if your stat is correct. is it that hard to realize, that is irrelevant? the fact is, the game was indeed close, and the refs blew a big, obvious call. you can't say, but if kobe did better they would have won without the call. thats garbage...and if michael jordan came back and played like he did in his prime, the bulls would have beaten the heat in game one instead of going into game 2 tonight down 1-0.
Who cares about the Lakers, they aren't going anywhere in the playoffs.
Old 04-24-2006 | 07:28 PM
Drifting

if they won that game they would definatley have a chance of beating the suns. next round would be easier against probably the clippers
Old 04-24-2006 | 07:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Maximized
Who cares about the Lakers, they aren't going anywhere in the playoffs.
and the bulls are?
Old 04-24-2006 | 07:42 PM
Suzuka Master

and the bulls are?
I never said they were, but again they don't have superstar talent. The Bulls have a better chance of advancing to the second round than the Lakers.
Old 04-24-2006 | 08:00 PM
Drifting

thats not true. id say an equal chance. but obviously i have more faith in the lakers than you. i too am a bulls fan though
Old 04-24-2006 | 08:48 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Maximized
I never said they were, but again they don't have superstar talent. The Bulls have a better chance of advancing to the second round than the Lakers.
I would much rather have a no-name team which plays like a team then have a superstar who hogs the ball all the time.

I won't name any names.
Old 04-24-2006 | 09:17 PM
Racer

enough with the "what ifs."
I'm glad to see you considered Kobes stats in your game assessment. May further light shine. You are the one who started the "what if" bullshit with your stoopid whining about the one call. So go back to clutching your Kobe doll and hope he does better in Game 2. You're arguing with yourself.

Quick Reply: NBA Discussion Thread